• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
EPIC Smithy. Now to await his bearded form (which I prefer to this one)

His head DOES need to be bigger, yes, amen to that. But otherwise, full of win. :]

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Two questions.

1. How do I get textures of brawl models to appear in 3DS max?
2. How do I remove polygons? I can't seem to texture, material or vertex out MetaKnight's arms or wing spikes.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
1. we've explained it a bit, plenty of ways to easily put the textures on the model parts, like just drag and drop. just make sure you've got a good dae, like the converter included in mariokart64n's script package makes, and make sure you fix your model to have stuff show up

2. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260425 to delete whole polygon groups, works for most polygons.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
1. we've explained it a bit, plenty of ways to easily put the textures on the model parts, like just drag and drop. just make sure you've got a good dae, like the converter included in mariokart64n's script package makes, and make sure you fix your model to have stuff show up

2. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260425 to delete whole polygon groups, works for most polygons.
It works :D

Now I just gotta do the mouth peice, ear thingies, helmet strap, and fix the helmet texture and the shoes. Can someone help me with texturing the helmet? ^^; Also, what am I going to make the mouth piece out of?

Piks that's awesome :bee:

and...
how does this looks like ?
(just asking)
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8036/rsbe0117.png
Hey, this is General BRAWL discussion! :p

Seriously though, you had me fooled for a moment there. That's great!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Yeah, there are enough vertices. It's just that I made most of the helmet a while ago, and I've gotten slightly better at vertexing since then. I'll work on it when I can.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Piks that's awesome :bee:

and...
how does this looks like ?
(just asking)
Nice work, but I don't see the point in downgrading Brawl's graphics, that's just me. Stuff like MK64N's Melee Ganondorf is fine (since it was pretty much just OoT Ganondorf with better textures), but personally I don't see the point since Brawl Mario is pretty much just a more detailed Melee Mario (I know there are differences, but there aren't many from an aesthetic stand point). I'm not dissing your work, from a replication stand point you've done amazing; I just don't see the point. Not trying to troll, just stating my opinion.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Nice work, but I don't see the point in downgrading Brawl's graphics, that's just me. Stuff like MK64N's Melee Ganondorf is fine (since it was pretty much just OoT Ganondorf with better textures), but personally I don't see the point since Brawl Mario is pretty much just a more detailed Melee Mario (I know there are differences, but there aren't many from an aesthetic stand point). I'm not dissing your work, from a replication stand point you've done amazing; I just don't see the point. Not trying to troll, just stating my opinion.
its not downgrading, that would be just using a lower res texture, melee characters are a completely different design than their brawl versions and original in their own right

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
its not downgrading, that would be just using a lower res texture, melee characters are a completely different design than their brawl versions and original in their own right
I know that, just in some cases (like Mario) it doesn't really make sense to make a Melee version in my opinion since the designs aren't really that different. With Link, Zelda, Ganon, etc. I can understand, I was just saying that Melee Mario is just a less detailed Brawl Mario for the most part.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I could see that argument for characters like Kirby, but Mario is pretty noticeably different between the games.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I could definitely see that argument for nearly every sonic texture too, guys should really stop making recolors or "next gen" other versions of sonic and such, it's the same texture...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Hype?

P.S. Yeah, I am one of the people in-charge of this project. I am brining this project back to life.

P.S.S. If anyone is awesome at making custom animations, pm me because i need animations that i know i cannot make.
You mean that?

"A t-stance fighter approaches!"

Razanak7

Smash Ace
*epic deep voice*

I need a weapon.

But seriously though, Ganon is totally unequipped at the moment, so I need something. Specifically, a spear or trident to replace Ganondorf's sword.

It's vital to his moveset, so I'm looking for someone that can make an appropriate weapon (maybe out of Ike's sword) and (if the first person can't do this too) someone else that can fix it so the weapon attaches to his left hand properly.

Credit will obviously be given, and as I said above, it's very important that he has this. After all, when has Ganon ever just used his fists?

Also, I have the official Boss Pack song almost ready, so expect that soon.

Yeah, like I ever get anything done on time. I'm like Alvin Earthworm, minus the awesome.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
*epic deep voice*

I need a weapon.

But seriously though, Ganon is totally unequipped at the moment, so I need something. Specifically, a spear or trident to replace Ganondorf's sword.

It's vital to his moveset, so I'm looking for someone that can make an appropriate weapon (maybe out of Ike's sword) and (if the first person can't do this too) someone else that can fix it so the weapon attaches to his left hand properly.

Credit will obviously be given, and as I said above, it's very important that he has this. After all, when has Ganon ever just used his fists?

Also, I have the official Boss Pack song almost ready, so expect that soon.

Yeah, like I ever get anything done on time. I'm like Alvin Earthworm, minus the awesome.
I will make it over Ganon's sword !

EDIT :
this guy's an excellent WABBID chaser :

Top Bottom