• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
BWAHAHAHA that gengar is amoozing.

and that um.... god i forget their names. those stupid people from megaman that alwasy shoot at you :@ looks very very good.

i couldnt tell that either of those were vertex hacks 0.0

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Yeah, its over Wario. I was told that the texture problem is due to his normals which, for the time being at least, can't be edited. I hope that we can figure out a fix to that soon, I have a few ideas about what to do to fix his body morphing that I'm going to try before releasing him. If I can't fix the morphing issue, at least it looks kinda funny, I can pass it off as a shape shifting ability since Gengar's a ghost :p.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@TommoPuppy, you could try shrinking the eye texture a bit and then try moving the vertices around where the "mouth" should be and texture that. I am not sure if the texture mapping would correct in that area though.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Maybe I'll release the transforming version along with a fixed one if I can actually fix it :p. It's pretty darned amusing.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I don't intend to use the Shinobu model completely. I just need the chest plate as a reference, but apparently I can't extract the model. Rageragerage.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I don't intend to use the Shinobu model completely. I just need the chest plate as a reference, but apparently I can't extract the model. Rageragerage.
I can get a DAE for you if you want. I use DasDonkeyBox 2.0 instead of the MK64n method, but they both use AiS to rip the model, right? So it shouldn't be a problem.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I can get a DAE for you if you want. I use DasDonkeyBox 2.0 instead of the MK64n method, but they both use AiS to rip the model, right? So it shouldn't be a problem.
Haha, thank you for the offer, but I just eyeballed it and managed to make a good looking pair of breasts.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Gengar on motorcycles! The only problem with him is outlines of his overalls (and fat shading) are impossible to get rid of at the moment because it involves editing normals. I have a feeling that it will eventually be possible to fix this and make Gengar look even more awesome but I have no clue how. Despite that, I think that this is probably my best vertex hack yet. His eyes and mouth are painted on if you were curious.

Thanks to dingoberriz for telling me how to fix his morphing issue. Before, he used to morph slowly back into Wario's original body as he stored up gas. I added that version just in case anybody wanted to try it. Remember, this has to go over Classic Wario (not Biker) or else he freezes the game.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How are you guys able to do this so perfectly???
Everytime I try to morph something, it ends up a disaster.
Is there a way to use the target model as a guide like to freeze the target model but make the wire frame visible so I can use it as a Guide to do it by hand????

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well, I'm following Miacis' written tutorial of MarioKart64n's new method. That can be found here http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13061.0. Even with it, I have to patch a crazy amount of times for certain things (once it was even 150 times, not kidding). Other parts work perfectly on the first try.

To help with things that take forever to patch, StarWaffle's patching method has worked pretty well for me all though it isn't a guarantee that it will. You can find that here http://elitesmashhackers.org/2010/09/18/vertex-hacking-method-to-easily-fix-hair-glitches/. I hope that helped.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK Thanks.

I'm not mad, but I feel like Homer the scene where he tries to make Corn Flakes and they somehow light on fire.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've barely watched any Simpsons (I heard the first five seasons or so are awesome), but I lol'd.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
OK Thanks.

I'm not mad, but I feel like Homer the scene where he tries to make Corn Flakes and they somehow light on fire.
LOL

Wait, what!?

you should use DDVB 2. It always only takes like 5 times. (sometimes 4).
Really? Even with finnicky things like Peach's hair and frypan? Because whenever I've tried to patch those with DDVB2 it's only gotten worse each time. I haven't tried MK64n's or StarWaffle's methods yet.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Coming sometime in the future. The strongest has revealed herself. :awesome:

I'm going to need help exporting it from 3DS when it's done though. :urg:

n64billy

Smash Ace
I haven't tried MK64n's or StarWaffle's methods yet.
Ugh..... for the last time....! "Starwaffle's' method ISN'T HIS! It's ORIGINALLY FROM MK64n HIMSELF!

MK64n made a quick video tutorial on the technique, when I then learnt and used, and then taught to Starwaffle... Please people!!!!! Give credit to where credit is freaking due!
(Nothing against you at all TommoPuppy... I'm just sick of reading "Starwaffle's method' over again)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright I'm sorry. All the credit goes to Mariokart64n then. I was told that the hair glitch method was from StarWaffle over on ESH so I didn't know that it was actually Mariokart64n.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Alright I'm sorry. All the credit goes to Mariokart64n then. I was told that the hair glitch method was from StarWaffle over on ESH so I didn't know that it was actually Mariokart64n.
No need to be sorry... people got told by people who got told... it's just frustrating for me... :p

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ugh..... for the last time....! "Starwaffle's' method ISN'T HIS! It's ORIGINALLY FROM MK64n HIMSELF!

MK64n made a quick video tutorial on the technique, when I then learnt and used, and then taught to Starwaffle... Please people!!!!! Give credit to where credit is freaking due!
(Nothing against you at all TommoPuppy... I'm just sick of reading "Starwaffle's method' over again)
Oh, I feel the exact same way. Exact. That's why I specified MK64n too. I meant Starwaffle's method as in the hair thing. I thought he discovered it actually though. I didn't know that.

Oh, also, Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method YEAH *bricked*

n64billy

Smash Ace
Oh, I feel the exact same way. Exact. That's why I specified MK64n too. I meant Starwaffle's method as in the hair thing. I thought he discovered it actually though. I didn't know that.

Oh, also, Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method Starwaffle's method YEAH *bricked*
As much as that bugged me.... it made me laugh :p You're a jerk :p (I meant that playfully)

Meanwhile, for the sake of staying on the topic of BrawlBox, I've been looking at the hex for Animation files, and understand the basic parts of how Rotation and Translation and Scale are saved.... But I can't interpret the values, cause they're floating values, and no matter what I've tired, I have no idea how to convert them over to see all the other values properly.....

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I loled. yeah it's not my method, i just added a step to it, so it also isn't completely mariokart64n's method.
I'd say 98% mariokart, 2% starwaffle =]

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Woah, that Super Sonic looks like he's made outta pure gold. o.O Looks amazing. :3

I'd really like to know how Lip is coming along. =]

Top Bottom