• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I guess I could do that, :/
but I was trying to avoid vertexing for this.

That, and I'm scared to see how many polygons rayquaza has.
That's usually my policy too, but I don't see many other options.

Also, this:

Frame-by-frame edit of Galleom's walk animation. It's not totally finished yet, but it's getting there.

EDIT: New Boss Pack sig, now with 10% more Ganondorf and Bongo Bongo! :O

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Is there a way to have her hold a Lip's Stick at all times, for PSA purposes?
Yeah, easily. Replace like her parasol or Toad with it (or even the dirt effect from when she picks up a vegetable, since that's also an article for some reason) with Lip's stick, and make it so she always holds it through PSA. I did it with her parasol once by just adding the action to her standing animation.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Awesome, someone should to make a Lip PSA

Edit: Ummm, btw, why make a Galleom walk animation on Bowser?

psfanatic

Smash Rookie
Epically Sweet!!

Nice vertex of Zephiel, now Roy can face his nemesis!

--

Also, first post here guys, so I'll show you what I've made with the help of Brawl Box.

As you see, I make just textures. Particularity, these are Zephiel from Fire Emblem 6 and Fayt from Star Ocean 3.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Please Help!!!

This thing disappeared! (the thing that helps you moving stuff through the axis)
Now I can't see clearly how I'm moving the vertice!
How can I make it appear again?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
That's not it. I can move, I know how to move stuff. By the way, that thing disappeared. All that appears is this now:

EDIT: Just found out, the X button disables it.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah, sometimes 3ds likes to mess things up when you bump stuff. other annoying buttons i've hit accidentally have made the viewport full screen, locks my object, or applies the magnet lock for tools

br3compactor

Smash Ace
The worst is that if you don't know what you pressed, you can't undo.

I'm now with a worse problem:

Now everytime I move the camera, the model kinda becomes invisible.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah, when I was learning animation, some of those problems would leave me unable to get anything done, and worst of all, many changes to 3ds's settings stay with save files.

anyways, that problem has to do with it rendering in preview, you might be able to fix it by clicking "perspective" in your viewport and changing from smooth and highlights to wireframe, but I think resetting the program fixes it usually.

psfanatic

Smash Rookie
Should've made the pictures bigger.
Too small.
Opps! Sorry, how about these?

Since I'm here, I'll show you a preview of what I'm working on.

[/URL]

It's Soma Cruz from Castlevania. I say now he's at 20% o_o
Thanks to BeyondYou for the base model.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh hell yes! It's about time someone tried making Soma (or for that matter, any main character from Castlevania). What sword were you thinking of giving him? Claimh Solais would be ****** although rather difficult to make (and ****ing huge; it would be more appropriate on Ike).

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Can someone help me with double patching issues?

As expected, after vertexing, since I changed the legs of a character, it got weird on one side. That's when you double patch. Then I did double patch it. But it didn't fix it (actually, not surprising, since sometimes more patching is required). Then I triple patched. But when I saw the model, I realized that every new patch was making it look worse.

I don't know what the f-ck happened, but if someone can help me, I have the unchanged mdl0 and the .max file with the edits. That would be right when you save it (step 11 of Miacis' tutorial). I also have the first edited mdl0 from right before double patching (step 16).

Razanak7

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to make "external grapfic" model use different animations like articles do?
I would be happy if someone told me
Simply put, they don't. Only articles can have multiple animations, so whatever you want to have multiple ones on will have to replace an article.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
cool but splash doesn't do anything so is it gonna be a taunt?
in this case, it does do something. weak wind box and a "cape" effect if you in right on a character. in air, it would be footstooling if you hit one. if not, you will jump a tiny jump xD
Simply put, they don't. Only articles can have multiple animations, so whatever you want to have multiple ones on will have to replace an article.
aaah, I see.
but which character has most articles?
snake? xD

if so, I will replace petey piranha with snake with article leaves :3

Razanak7

Smash Ace
aaah, I see.
but which character has most articles?
snake? xD

if so, I will replace petey piranha with snake with article leaves :3
Link and Toon Link have a crapload, and anyone with a sword makes the Sword Glow available, which can be useful in adding objects.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This is my best attempt at Frog from Chrono Trigger. Frog is my first ever Toon Link hack so it didn’t come out exactly the way I wanted and has a few minor cosmetic issues here and there but it plays perfectly fine. Even so, I’m really proud of how it turned out and I hope you guys like it too.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
This is my best attempt at Frog from Chrono Trigger. Frog is my first ever Toon Link hack so it didn’t come out exactly the way I wanted and has a few minor cosmetic issues here and there but it plays perfectly fine. Even so, I’m really proud of how it turned out and I hope you guys like it too.

This is amazing! Insta-download

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks, it's good to hear that people like it. I was getting worried because he didn't come out exactly as I hoped.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Thanks, it's good to hear that people like it. I was getting worried because he didn't come out exactly as I hoped.
Oh no he looks great! I just finished playing him and hes great. May I ask what you have stored for the next release you always make it worth waiting

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well, right now I'm trying to decide between making Hitmonlee over Sheik or making Vanguard Ike (over Ike of course) since somebody requested that I get that done by October 30th for his girlfriend's birthday.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Well, right now I'm trying to decide between making Hitmonlee over Sheik or making Vanguard Ike (over Ike of course) since somebody requested that I get that done by October 30th for his girlfriend's birthday.
Hitmonlee.. Vanguard Ike is cool and everything but seriously.. Hitmonlee

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Technically, the move Splash has nothing to do with water at all.
Yeah. It's not even called Splash in Japan, it's called Hop, which is why so many non-water types can learn it. The move Heat Wave is on a similar boat,where it's called Hot Wind in Japan, which is why so many Flying types can learn it.

psfanatic

Smash Rookie
Oh hell yes! It's about time someone tried making Soma (or for that matter, any main character from Castlevania). What sword were you thinking of giving him? Claimh Solais would be ****** although rather difficult to make (and ****ing huge; it would be more appropriate on Ike).
Oh, I honestly don't know since I don't know how to vertex hack. :(
Claimh Solais seems like a great idea, thought I just figured I'd have it
be a short sword for now. I should learn vertexing, it seems to be the more
accepting method for brawl hacks these days. No love for traditional texturing o_o
(Just kidding, though I do feel lonely, being just a texturer and all)

Top Bottom