• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :). Zangoose was a lot harder to make that I originally figured he'd be.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
gengar i keep hearing someone is making zekrom over charizard are you the one doing that or is it someone else. im so confused.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I originally planned to do it but I've heard other people want to do it, I think it was Ninka. I guess I'll leave Zekrom to him. My second choice was Lugia, but someone is already going to do that too. I guess all that leaves me with is Garchomp :).

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Yeah I was going to start him soon but he's free for you to make gengar as it will turn out better and I haven't actually started him yet.
I'm actually working on a zac fair vertex on Ike right now as well as pheonix wright.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That was me.. I hated getting comments asking how to do it, because it's so simple! I didn't feel like making a 15 second video just to show people how it's done...

Glad you figured it out though.. It'll be awesome to have magma swirling on that bowsers hair or something
It may be simple, but it's one of those things that's kind of obscure, so most people wouldn't think of/notice it. I only figured it out by chance.

But regardless, I can't do it without changing the texture name, so until then, I'm at a wall.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It may be simple, but it's one of those things that's kind of obscure, so most people wouldn't think of/notice it. I only figured it out by chance.

But regardless, I can't do it without changing the texture name, so until then, I'm at a wall.
You don't need to change the texture name.... just change the name of the animation to match the texture (Or was it material...... I don't remember... try that as well anyway)..... make your animation match the name of one of those...

If you can't get it.... I'll dig around and check if I still have the file, if not, I'll learn how to re-create the effect...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Wow, that looks awesome! Now the only water starter we're missing is Mudkipz! Somebody should make him, I herd you guys liek him :p.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
You don't need to change the texture name.... just change the name of the animation to match the texture (Or was it material...... I don't remember... try that as well anyway)..... make your animation match the name of one of those...

If you can't get it.... I'll dig around and check if I still have the file, if not, I'll learn how to re-create the effect...
I tried that, it didn't work.

Also, this:

Yep, he's pretty big.
Giggity.

n64billy

Smash Ace
But a two legged mudkip would be weird. :(
Put it over Ivysaur, and swap his articles to watery things instead of grass and seeds and vines?

EDIT:
I tried that, it didn't work./IMG]
Hmm... well I found that old file on my computer, I checked the texture animations, and it shows "FitMarioBodyA" and "FitMario_BodyB"... and they're both replaced with the same animation to make that effect.....

If you want, you could let me try with your files.... however be warned, that changing the animation will make every polygon with any part of that texture be animated.... (I think)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hmm... well I found that old file on my computer, I checked the texture animations, and it shows "FitMarioBodyA" and "FitMario_BodyB"... and they're both replaced with the same animation to make that effect.....

If you want, you could let me try with your files.... however be warned, that changing the animation will make every polygon with any part of that texture be animated.... (I think)
I'm aware of that, hence why I'm only going for the eyes (regular and FS, if possible) so it doesn't screw with the whole texture. Anyway: http://www.mediafire.com/?mu65j7wolb5l8i7

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Why do all my recent hacks result in failure? This really makes me mad and completely destroys my motivation towards anything else. >_>

SonicUnderground316

Smash Rookie
Because that's what everyone else does. :laugh:
Well, he don't need to make melee characters to be original i think. I mean, how about making character that nobooy try before or perfected model for character that a lot of people waiting for. Did you think pik's geno is unoriginal ? I heard there a person who's making a perfect Krystal model but i never found any pics, videos, text proof or any developpement what so ever and krystal texture don't look like her that much. So a model would be cool not to mention there psa for her (WIP). I can understand if he's not interested in this character or that he make hacks for his pleasure only, but don't tell it's because it's unoriginal.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What's wrong? :(
Everytime I try to work on something, I have to get errors. My vertex hacks don't work anymore, my stages don't work either, and this import I made freezes the game. I tried porting Geodude over Olimar, renaming his bones, and replacing the Pikmin with rocks, and it doesn't work in-game.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Nice! what are you working on exactly?Whatever it is its looking good so far
a playable petey piranha with leaves :D
Everytime I try to work on something, I have to get errors. My vertex hacks don't work anymore, my stages don't work either, and this import I made freezes the game. I tried porting Geodude over Olimar, renaming his bones, and replacing the Pikmin with rocks, and it doesn't work in-game.
try not rename his bones :/
each time I trying to rename bones, it freeze :/

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
a playable petey piranha with leaves :D

try not rename his bones :/
each time I trying to rename bones, it freeze :/
Yes but he won't have any animations now, and I don't want this to fully replace Olimar. Oh well, there goes my idea.

Piks

Smash Journeyman

Before BSZ gets on my back about starting new things (heh), this is actually a few weeks old.

I'm not sure if I'm going to finish this, but I figured it'd be fun to show.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Holy crap. That's creepy, haha. Using the eyeball as a face? Genius. But still creepy. :p

FINISH YOUR OTHER STUFF OMG OMG OMG IM MAD.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Before BSZ gets on my back about starting new things (heh), this is actually a few weeks old.

oh nice, it looks better now than the goku imma make =P havn't started yet but that hair is very acurate. maybe i'll make SSJgoku.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
*IMAGE OF GOKU VERTEX*

I'll admit, I'm geeking out, as Dragonball Z was my childhood, but I just wanna ask this: are you ever going to finish that NES style Pit?

anivernage

Smash Apprentice

OMEGA SHENRON WITH NO TEXTURE OVER SAMUS

my second vertex

Top Bottom