• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh, I honestly don't know since I don't know how to vertex hack. :(
Claimh Solais seems like a great idea, thought I just figured I'd have it
be a short sword for now. I should learn vertexing, it seems to be the more
accepting method for brawl hacks these days. No love for traditional texturing o_o
(Just kidding, though I do feel lonely, being just a texturer and all)
Well, your current texture looks great as is personally. Although, yeah, vertex hacks have been almost common expectations now days. Just shows how far Brawl hacking has come, heh.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I think it looks just like Melee Zelda, good job. You should post a side-by-side comparison with the real Melee model.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/TBQIb.jpg

Project Rikku .0000000000001% Complete.

Restarting a project I started using Zeldas model a long time ago, this time using Pit's model due to large amounts of hair polygons and number of other things. Vertex + Texture hack, possibly a PSA.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The kicking fiend, Hitmonlee joins the Brawl!

This is the first hack that only took me a day to make since the days I was only texture hacking. Even so, I'm really happy with how this turned out. He has some creases in his head that are kind of noticeable in extreme lighting because of how Sheik's scarf is shaded.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks :). I'm surprised that nobody else really tried making a Hitmonlee vertex yet. He fits so well into Brawl.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Master Chief Pack Version 2 update-
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4030

The pack is pretty big. There's PACs and PCSs for every one of the 11 flavors, and even stock icons for each one. There's also menu icons, CSPs and small CSPs, all that good stuff. The model is a lot better, and even the lighting is greatly fixed. Please take a look.

Additionally, there's a small demo video of it I'm uploading to YouTube shortly.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
wow master cheif is one of the last things i would think to see an update for good job and gengar you sir are one of the best vertex hackers that i have seen that isn't that well known

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Great update, L! I would love it even more if you took more advantage of his spec file, to kinda 'fake' 3D this time (with the suit indents/extrudes and such)

His detail seems to be downgraded from v1. Maybe it's just my memory, but I remember his limbs being a lot clearer.

lmao @ GameWatching

polygonal + barcode eye + two eyes on the same side? nice.

quote face progress:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The two win textures in the Master Chief pack are Samus and Hello Kitty.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Project Rikku in it's preliminary stage. Marth has boobs, even though they're glitchy, they're boobs nonetheless.

http://imgur.com/xBO9e.png

Of course it is preliminary, all I wanted was to get a visual as to how this was all working out. Anyway, going to fix the shirt up so it's more of a skin tight look, fix up the hair and face, modify the belt, retexture everything (Well, almost everything), port in and re-texture pikachu's blue swimming goggles and it will be complete. JA.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
A hack made by Mariokart64n and fixed up by BSZ
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7722
I added you on MSN btw. I've not done any hacking since the START of vertex hacking (back when you had to manually take out the headers etc in a hex editor of the vertecies, convert etc.) so I know nothing about how to take one characters body parts and use them on a another. I added you on MSN so as to not clog up the thread with my silly petty questions.

EDIT: Oh ****. That's marth! I couldn't even tell. WELL. I may just be using that model and modifying it, a LOT. Thanks!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
About the shinobu, while it looks great and everything, shouldn't be a starting point for vertexing something else, many parts of the model are disconnected. You can still use it as reference though.

MK64n's new script+using the morpher for patching is what's working best for me for stuff. I just import the model, make all the changes to the poly groups in reference to each other, and then you can apply the patching stuff to export each part individually after you made all the changes. Everything lines up nice and straight and is the easiest to edit.

also, idk what was fixed by bsz for shinobu, but his file has problems in-game, so you might not want to work directly over that.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You shouldn't use the model I "fixed", as it still has a few problems. I'm gonna do a new fixed version sometime.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Okay, Gengar is looking excellent but he has a few glaring issues that I don't know how to fix. This first issue is that he slowly transforms back into regular Wario when he stores up his gas. I can deal with this part because it actually looks pretty amusing and kind of serves a purpose.

The main issue I'm having is that even if I vertex him perfectly, Wario has a weird shading that will make the outlines of his overalls really obvious. I remember Calamitas had a very similar problem with Wolf's boots for his Amaterasu so I doubt it's really fixable at the moment. I think he looks pretty awesome besides that problem so I will probably release him anyways if there isn't a fix to it.

If anybody has any experience with hacking Wario or has idea how to fix either of these problems, I would really appreciate their help.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
About the shinobu, while it looks great and everything, shouldn't be a starting point for vertexing something else, many parts of the model are disconnected. You can still use it as reference though.
What do you mean? You mean like the thing with the upper arms? I was thinking of making something using the Shinobu model too.

EDIT: Oh god this is awful! I never realised Marth's model would be so complicated. No wonder MK64n got lazy with the hair. How do people edit this guy? D:

You shouldn't use the model I "fixed", as it still has a few problems. I'm gonna do a new fixed version sometime.
You probably should have removed it when you found out it had issues, because you've kinda leeched a lot of downloads from MK64n. Just saying.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Okay, if his shading problem is impossible to fix, I guess I'm done with Gengar. Besides those two problems (his overall shading and his morphing) I think he looks almost perfect. He's vertexed completely smoothly so I don't think that the vertex is the problem so I'm completely stumped.

I just wish something so simple wasn't holding him back from looking like an official character. Maybe someone can figure out how to fix these kinds of issues in the future. Here's what he looks like if you're curious (his shading problem looks more obvious in strong lighting):

If you're wondering, his mouth and eyes are just painted on so he can't open his mouth unfortunately. I'll post the download to this tomorrow if nobody knows how to fix his problems.

n64billy

Smash Ace
What animations does his body seem to shift in? It could be that those vertex points are weighted to certain bones, and should be moved about differently to try and solve the problem..

EDIT: Wait.... I don't think I read your post right....
Well... a long time ago, I was going to port Gengar (Ripped from "PokePark Wii") over Lucario, but I gave up when seeing how tedious animation work is in BrawlBox, until a better way is found.

As for the model itself, it looks fine... the texture seems warped in places, but that's hard to help... try less detail?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

A work in progress.

I might need a little help with little details on the helmet. Also, what can I use for the mouth piece.
If you couldn't tell, it's MetaKnight

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Wow, that's looking awesome so far, almost like the real thing. I haven't done anything with Metaknight yet so I can't really think of anything to do for the mouth piece. If you can't find anything, I guess you could always just texture it on.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Okay, if his shading problem is impossible to fix, I guess I'm done with Gengar. Besides those two problems (his overall shading and his morphing) I think he looks almost perfect. He's vertexed completely smoothly so I don't think that the vertex is the problem so I'm completely stumped.

I just wish something so simple wasn't holding him back from looking like an official character. Maybe someone can figure out how to fix these kinds of issues in the future. Here's what he looks like if you're curious (his shading problem looks more obvious in strong lighting):

If you're wondering, his mouth and eyes are just painted on so he can't open his mouth unfortunately. I'll post the download to this tomorrow if nobody knows how to fix his problems.
Who is this over?

Top Bottom