• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
You dont find it redundant that your Siggy is of EVERY freaking eveelution possible, and your saying there's too many pokemon hacks. I do. :3

Anyways, Touhou hack representation is rare probobly due to the fact that it's not actually that popular in america/other english speaking area's. In fact, other than music hacks, the only touhou hacks I have seen are by Kurobit, Dao and I.
Why does every talk about that >.>. I couldn't find the time to remove it when I was post the previous. I was usuing my wii at the time. Now that I can I have TRUST ME!. Kurobit did a touhou hack? Where? The only ones I really payed attention to was DAO's and Yours

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think it's a good start, it looks like it's just the lighting make the nose look a bit off. i think the face needs to be a bit more cylindrical, i suppose... melee's luigi kinda looks like mario on mario 64's boxart

n64billy

Smash Ace
I decided to try a few of my in-progress hacks out ingame to see how they're looking so far.

Toon Roll looks better than I expected.

I've also been messing with Metool's materials to remove the parts I don't want. However, I can't remove the arms and wingtips this way, nor can I make them transparent through textures. I can just push the verticies inside the body though, right?

I'm by no means done with these. I just wanted to see how they looked ingame.
Toon Roll looks awesome! :3
And as for your Metaknight hack, you CAN make the wing-tips hidden, if it doesn't work with materials (But it should, I've done it), try polygon removal..
Also... the arms can't be hidden... they need to be vertexed... (But if you try to change the shape... the vertex weights warp them)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wow, Roll looks great!
I need a red TL :p

You think you could make a broom from the sword?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Eeeeh. It appears my brawl hacking days are put to a halt for a while. Wii boots to a black screen, pre loader does not load. Oops lol. Trying a few methods of unbrick, 1 being uplug it for a while. 2 being put in a game that requires an update. and 3 being buying a new wii, however with christmas coming up, I have to save money for presents for people. Anyway, thats whats going down in my house. I have a feeling it's perma bricked and I will have to end up buying a new one, ah well. Looking at the bright side, I'll be able to get the new black one.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
hey u I need to make link's second sheild (the one on his back) always showing. how do i do thissss

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Toon Roll looks awesome! :3
And as for your Metaknight hack, you CAN make the wing-tips hidden, if it doesn't work with materials (But it should, I've done it), try polygon removal..
Also... the arms can't be hidden... they need to be vertexed... (But if you try to change the shape... the vertex weights warp them)
Okay, so what material entry affects the wing tips? And do you mean just resize the arms so they're really small and inside his body?

Oh, and I'm probably going to change the cat eyes on Toon Roll into something similar to TvC or my avatar.

hey u I need to make link's second sheild (the one on his back) always showing. how do i do thissss
Rename its bone.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I need to know... I vertexed something affected by bones, and when I look at it in Brawlbox it looks distorted, but I don't know if it's the need of a double patch or something due to the bones.

Should they look in Brawlbox exactly like in 3DSMax even without renaming the bones or the bones would affect how it looks in the T-Posed model?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Nah, the bones shouldn't affect how a T-posed model looks. How exactly does it look distorted? What character are you editing?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
what's this br3 ? o.O

and this is a stuff that is only done 5%

the first to guess what it is win 5 internetz and 15 cookiez :

GameWatching

Smash Ace
about the Melee FD and Yoshi Story...
Melee FD is going fine !

i'll try to finish it as soon as possible,
it's not that hard to do,
just to port Katakiri's BG over it :bee:

and i may need a ring MDL0 (not shiny) for it !
see ? :

that what i couldn't find :c

if i don't,
i will try to vertex a capsule as usual >_>

also, need to make the lighting for the black sphere

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
the one that guess what I busted first gets 10 cookies and 3 internets :D
You found out how to change which bone the character uses to hold items?
OH PLEASE LET IT BE THIS.

what's this br3 ? o.O

and this is a stuff that is only done 5%

the first to guess what it is win 5 internetz and 15 cookiez
Ugh, I always hated melee yoshi. He looked too much like a raptor. :p

I hope yours looks as close as possible. :bee:

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
You found out how to change which bone the character uses to hold items?
OH PLEASE LET IT BE THIS.

Ugh, I always hated melee yoshi. He looked too much like a raptor. :p

I hope yours looks as close as possible. :bee:
I already got it correct on the fully new character archive thread. He busted the item glitch somehow..

br3compactor

Smash Ace
It's this:

I need to know... I vertexed something affected by bones, and when I look at it in Brawlbox it looks distorted, but I don't know if it's the need of a double patch or something due to the bones.

Should they look in Brawlbox exactly like in 3DSMax even without renaming the bones or the bones would affect how it looks in the T-Posed model?
This is it

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That Link looks pretty bad@$$, dude. The sword is also pretty accurate. ^^ But I'd really like to know how your Lip is coming along :)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I have no idea. Especially why it would censor bad as well as ***. Also I'm pretty sure you can get away with saying you're pissed off. Given that outside of this particular section you probably have kids (especially lurkers, which mesns there may be eight year olds on this forum), they're probably trying to keep things appropriate for them. I know for example you can't post links to 4chan on Gamespot for that very reason. I don't know, forum censors are messed up.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Probably because it is a swear word thanks to society. You can thank them for the B-word and crap too.

Darknut Link? Awesome. Sounds a lot like the Armos Sword and Shield Link from Soul Calibur...which gives yet another idea to spam someone's inbox with.

Top Bottom