• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Brawl Will not be a Part of 2011 MLG Pro Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And pray tell what thou wouldst hath done if thine opponent was not all in good jest?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Well then, if such was the case, I do believe I would hand him over to the proper authorities for a briefing on his recent transgressions on etiquette and prose. Where as at such time, a proper arrest would be made, and aforementioned degenerate to society would be incarcerated for a lengthy period of time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ultimately this comes down to a lack of maturity from the players (Look at the responses in this thread, I think this makes Halo players look good. You know, the ones everybody likes to complain about.)

And of course, Money. But money is a fault of both poor attendance, and a lack of cooperation from other companies. (Hi Nintendo! Stop being stupid!)

Anyways, people who say that this isn't a big deal and that "MLG sux anywaiz" are being really immature and stupid about the situation. Does anybody remember what SWF was like before MLG took over? If you think Crashboards now is unstable, you either weren't around back then or have a very selective memory.

MLG has sacrificed a lot of effort and money for competitive Smash, and it's depressing to see people attack them in response for dropping it... Especially when the MLG events themselves were held in high regards. And they're a company that actually cooperated with the BBR in establishing rulesets. They cared. And the Smash response in juvenile.

fix'd for a better analogy pal
Wow.. Good job highlighting the difference in the two communities. Sliq's post was funny, yours was terrible and even more terrible.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ultimately this comes down to a lack of maturity from the players (Look at the responses in this thread, I think this makes Halo players look good. You know, the ones everybody likes to complain about.)

And of course, Money. But money is a fault of both poor attendance, and a lack of cooperation from other companies. (Hi Nintendo! Stop being stupid!)

Anyways, people who say that this isn't a big deal and that "MLG sux anywaiz" are being really immature and stupid about the situation. Does anybody remember what SWF was like before MLG took over? If you think Crashboards now is unstable, you either weren't around back then or have a very selective memory.

MLG has sacrificed a lot of effort and money for competitive Smash, and it's depressing to see people attack them in response for dropping it... Especially when the MLG events themselves were held in high regards. And they're a company that actually cooperated with the BBR in establishing rulesets. They cared. And the Smash response in juvenile.
Ay yo Brawl +/-/Project M sucks.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
"Oh wah Snake ain't a campy mofo anymore."

P:M or Time Out, bro. No need to complain because we made Snake into a better Smasher. Funny how it's the Melee players who are more receptive to change, it's like they don't have a defensive complex regarding their shoddy game.

Masky

Smash Master
Most of the immaturity is coming from either non-Brawl players or non-tournament attendants. The mods are also hugely to blame here.

Imagine if MLG posted an announcement about GoW2 being dropped from the Circuit on a GoW1 forum. Yeah, probably not gonna be a lot of mature replies there either, huh? Especially if there are no mods around.

I almost think most of the mods WANT smash to look bad in the eyes of MLG, given the lax moderation on this forum.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
***** I'll shank you, that's a straight up fact

Don't go in my house spewing nonsense bout "Let's go"

Ha HA! This amuses me. Dance my puppets DANCE

Sliq is kinda right. Brawl videos pale in comparison to Melee/other fighting games concerning entertainment. However, concerning instructional videos or information learned from watching a video, Brawl is no less informative to watch than anything else. If anything, you might actually learn more about Brawl step by step than other games because of the pace usually set in matches.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
shadic les fight
A challenge to fisticuffs? Surely!

No items, preferably on flat ground.

And Masky - This topic is indeed a poor gauge of response, but the Brawl/Smash community has been complaining about MLG long before this.

AllyKnight

"Oh wah Snake ain't a campy mofo anymore."

P:M or Time Out, bro. No need to complain because we made Snake into a better Smasher. Funny how it's the Melee players who are more receptive to change, it's like they don't have a defensive complex regarding their shoddy game.
Who was talking about Snake? Keep making fail projects, I really hope you guys are working hard on Project Melee, I don't want it to be an abandonned project again and then try to make Brawl /.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow, i come home and i see this news.....

I wanna thank adhd/m2k for lacking morals(in general)
I wanna thank nintendo for not supporting ANOTHER one of your most competitive games.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shall I dig out the both the threads involving M2K and the one stand that was knocked over and raided by Brawl players?

Whenever there's any controversy, the vast majority of the boards attacks MLG.

Who was talking about Snake? Keep making fail projects, I really hope you guys are working hard on Project Melee, I don't want it to be an abandonned project again and then try to make Brawl /.
We've got enough hype and activity to be (from what I can tell) at least one of the top 10 largest threads on SWF. And even if all the developers drop dead right now, it's still a great game. HypeM.

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey Sliq, remember when I killed you with A nade while you were shielding ? that's how bad Midwest is LOL.

I remembered why I hate melee ******s, I'm not donating for Armada no longer no matter what, not supporting one direspectful community.
I never claimed to be good, and I know that I'm not. Also, if I recall correctly, I stomped on up through your home town of "Canada" with Bowser. And I'm BAD. Let's keep the regional **** down unless you want to look foolish.

I never claimed the Midwest was the most skilled, because emperically we all know that to be false. But the community itself is awesome.

The Brawl community is always respectful to the Melee community. Wait, no they aren't. They also have the added talent for being woefully misinformed. I've played Melee and Brawl almost equal amounts, in tournament settings. I'd say this describes roughly 3% of the current Brawl tournament community.

You know what I did recently? I made multiple trips a half hour away from my house in an attempt to retrieve Hyro's wallet from a Dallas Denny's. He left it there after MLG Dallas. They didn't want to give it to me at first, so I had to make multiple trips in order to get it. I then mailed it to him. If I recall correctly, Hyro is a Brawl player. Boy, I'm such a bad old mean Melee player! Sometimes I make jokes about Brawl, which I guess makes me a bad ol' mean , unsupportive jerkpants.

Respect is earned, and I give it to people who aren't ******s. It just so happens that the venn diagram between Brawl players and ******s is almost completely overlapping. And I say this for a majority of the players. The minority of good, helpful, smart players may differ in opinion than I, but there is a mutual respect, regardless of how I present it in my posts (i.e. humor).

You used to be one of those people, mostly because of your skill. I never really saw you post anything with a lot of substance, and your recent posts about MLG just had me shaking my head. To be honest, I see myself giving more of a **** about the Brawl community than you, EVEN NOW.

***** I'll shank you, that's a straight up fact

Don't go in my house spewing nonsense bout "Let's go"

Ha HA! This amuses me. Dance my puppets DANCE

Sliq is kinda right. Brawl videos pale in comparison to Melee/other fighting games concerning entertainment. However, concerning instructional videos or information learned from watching a video, Brawl is no less informative to watch than anything else. If anything, you might actually learn more about Brawl step by step than other games because of the pace usually set in matches.
Yeah, watching matches will be informative, but goddamn is it boring. Guilty Gear, IMHO, is god tier in terms of most fun to watch fighting game. Come at me.

Also, DMG is one of the few Brawl players I have respect for, mostly because he didn't go crazy because we have differing opinions, and he also happens to be a good player. I might despise his playstyle and wish a pox on his clan, but at least he's not a douchebag idiot.

Also, he has helpful and funny posts. Godspeed, rational poster who understands when someone is trying to make legitimate points while being humorous, or sometimes just be humorous.

If only more people were like you instead of Masky, who is the moron majority.

Masky

Smash Master
Shall I dig out the both the threads involving M2K and the one stand that was knocked over and raided by Brawl players?

Whenever there's any controversy, the vast majority of the boards attacks MLG.
Most uninformed players/people who don't go to tournaments/non-MLG attendants tend to jump on the Brawl-hate bandwagon because they have no informed basis from which to base their opinions on. These, along with Melee/modded Brawl players, are the main people who attack the Brawl community and MLG. These are the posts you're seeing.

The reason that the thread I linked to is unique is because the people posting in it are the ones who ACTUALLY go to tournaments, play Brawl, and attended MLG. Sure, MLG wasn't perfect, but I think that thread shows that the majority of MLG attendants overall viewed the events very positively. What people who didn't attend MLG say honestly doesn't mean a **** and IMO mods should just delete their posts.

The Brawl community is always respectful to the Melee community.
That's not even true.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sliq, all you have to do is replace the puppy with the Jiggs pic

And it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Most uninformed players/people who don't go to tournaments/non-MLG attendants tend to jump on the Brawl-hate bandwagon because they have no informed basis from which to base their opinions on. These, along with Melee/modded Brawl players, are the main people who attack the Brawl community and MLG. These are the posts you're seeing.
How does disliking Brawl have anything to do with disliking MLG?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
mad respect to sliq. he knows what's up and has earned respect from tons of people.

seriously the top brawl players are being real *******s

AllyKnight

lol at sliq, if i post one more sentence, can you give me another wall of text plz its my xmas gift from you.
You started being disrespectful trashing the game, that's why I started trash talking you simple as that. It's cool though I don't hate you, but I sure made a good choice not contributing to the melee community, they are just, not worth it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sliq was joking and you are not ally. quit being an ******* to another community that prefers to be isolated

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i think sundance said this:

Also, the money incident between two players was another reason. Jason "Mew2King" Zimmerman was suspended by the league for reportedly fixing a match between he and ADHD. Some reports had it that ADHD paid off Mew2King to intentionally lose, while others said the two players were splitting prize money.

"If I knowingly stand by and let a community behave in a certain manner and creates a tournament environment that's corrupt, I expose myself to litigation," DiGiovanni said. "No. 2, I personally find it revolting."

Masky

Smash Master
He said a lot more than that. He went on this whole thing about his 7 year old son.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
He said a lot more than that. He went on this whole thing about his 7 year old son.
thats just fluff. I guarantee his son wouldn't want to sell a party game because someone "cheated" in a way that doesn't concern him.

I doubt he even understood what happened

Sliq

Smash Master
lol at sliq, if i post one more sentence, can you give me another wall of text plz its my xmas gift from you.
You started being disrespectful trashing the game, that's why I started trash talking you simple as that. It's cool though I don't hate you, but I sure made a good choice not contributing to the melee community, they are just, not worth it.
Maybe try trash talking the game instead of making it personal, you ******. Take your shots at Melee, your opinion won't matter since you have little to no experience. Why would I care what a scrub thinks?

Since I'm the Brawl scrub, in comparison to you, why do you care?

AllyKnight

sliq was joking and you are not ally. quit being an ******* to another community that prefers to be isolated
Was I talking to you? No stfu, go back to playing DK and getting *****. If I was there saying how ur a scrub everyday and you're trash in the smash community by 10000 people I'm sure you'd feel annoyed.

Also this isn't supposed to be funny Shadic.

Maybe try trash talking the game instead of making it personal, you ******. Take your shots at Melee, your opinion won't matter since you have little to no experience. Why would I care what a scrub thinks?

Since I'm the Brawl scrub, in comparison to you, why do you care?
Because I don't hate Melee, I hate the people behind it. *facepalms*

Masky

Smash Master
thats just fluff. I guarantee his son wouldn't want to sell a party game because someone "cheated" in a way that doesn't concern him.

I doubt he even understood what happened
Yeah, the thing about his son is probably a made-up story. The way the interviewer reacts and feeds the question to him ("wait... he USED to play smash? tell me more, Sundance!!") is so fake.

Also, gonna say that if it's true, the little kid has a seriously warped mind... I mean, it's like your son wanting to drop out of little league baseball and sell his baseball bat, mitt, and uniform because he found out some MLB players take steriods.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Was I talking to you? No stfu, go back to playing DK and getting *****. If I was there saying how ur a scrub everyday and you're trash in the smash community by 10000 people I'm sure you'd feel annoyed.

Also this isn't supposed to be funny Shadic.
you obviously weren't talking to just sliq, otherwise it'd be in a PM now wouldn't it?

and yeah, I am annoyed, especially by you Elliot since you actually did tell me, in person, to shut the **** up at MLG.

and what does that last part have to do with anything? sliq wasn't saying that

AllyKnight

you obviously weren't talking to just sliq, otherwise it'd be in a PM now wouldn't it?

and yeah, I am annoyed, especially by you Elliot since you actually did tell me, in person, to shut the **** up at MLG.

and what does that last part have to do with anything? sliq wasn't saying that
unless you were joking about me saying stfu at mlg (cuz I dont remember why) I'll tell you to stfu in person no problem, I didn't have problem saying it to Sky when he really pissed me off. and don't use my name, I don't even know you well.

What part? The one about 'trying to trash the game'?

Again I don't hate the game, I hate the smashers behind it, of course I'll trash talk people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom