• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Brawl Will not be a Part of 2011 MLG Pro Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
unless you were joking about me saying stfu at mlg (cuz I dont remember why) I'll tell you to stfu in person no problem, I didn't have problem saying it to Sky when he really pissed me off. and don't use my name, I don't even know you well.

What part? The one about 'trying to trash the game'?

Again I don't hate the game, I hate the smashers behind it, of course I'll trash talk people.
you did tell me that when I was playing you.

you messed up a combo on me and I said "ah man, you should have nair'd" and then you responded "STFU, don't tell me what to do/don't give me advice"

my experience with top players has basically told me not to become a top player.

m2k- has been an ahole to me since I've been playing melee
you- MLG you told me to STFU for no reason
che3se- arrogant and not polite
mike- ditching me the day of MLG when he said he'd pay me for a hotel room

more if you want to know

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
you did tell me that when I was playing you.

you messed up a combo on me and I said "ah man, you should have nair'd" and then you responded "STFU, don't tell me what to do/don't give me advice"
Funny I never and would never say STFU dont tell me what to do/don't give me advice. I take advice from anyone who tries to help me, even people WAYYYY worst than you in skills and knownledge. If I did, it would be a joke and even then I don't see myself saying it unless I was in the ****tiest mood in my whole life, sorry but try again.

man i cant wait until brawl / ****s gonna put both brawl and melee to shame
HELL YEAh, MLG'S NEXT PICK UP GAME LOL

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Enough of this. Stop with the spam and trolling.

Any more spam/flame/troll posts will be dealt with by infractions, possible bans and/or this topic being locked longer.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
After listening to the Podcast, I believe that the main reasons behind removing Brawl from the circuit seems to be motivated by money. As a reminder, stop spamming, trolling, and flaming in this thread. One person got banned.

Masky

Smash Master
After listening to the Podcast, I believe that the main reasons behind removing Brawl from the circuit seems to be motivated by money. As a reminder, stop spamming, trolling, and flaming in this thread. One person got banned.
Yeah, the main impression I got from the podcast was that Sundance viewed the M2K incident as casting a negative light on MLG which could cause him to lose support from sponsors, so MLG made the decision to distance themselves from Brawl.

The point I'm confused about is why no similar action was taken during Melee's time on the circuit when there was at least one known instance of bracket manipulation in 2006? And has an event been dropped from the circuit any other time there has been a known instance of bracket manipulation? I'd really like an answer from an MLG representative on this...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Probably because the community was way different back then than is it is now. :V

Overall way less hostility and complaints, when there was 1 huge community and not 2.

MLG possibly had different people at the head as well, but that I don't know for sure. They could of also profited better.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So? I can voice my opinion, thoughts and make statements. Regardless of where your statements are directed because you're not PMing a ****ing MLG rep. You're posting in a god damn public thread.

No need to act so rude.

****ing Smash community god damn.

EDIT: People like you make the Brawl community look bad and the Smash community as a whole look bad. I mean ****ing **** man.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The point I'm confused about is why no similar action was taken during Melee's time on the circuit when there was at least one known instance of bracket manipulation in 2006? And has an event been dropped from the circuit any other time there has been a known instance of bracket manipulation? I'd really like an answer from an MLG representative on this...
I'm not a rep, but as far as Melee goes, there was reason to believe as much, but no evidence of that happening back in Melee days.

Also guys, try to play nicely please. This thread is going to be circled like a hawk.
Cool off neko :X

AllyKnight

So? I can voice my opinion, thoughts and make statements. Regardless of where your statements are directed because you're not PMing a ****ing MLG rep. You're posting in a god damn public thread.

No need to act so rude.

****ing Smash community god damn.

EDIT: People like you make the Brawl community look bad and the Smash community as a whole look bad. I mean ****ing **** man.
And you make it look good right now? No. I suggest you retire yourself from posting, you make us look worst.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And you make it look good right now? No. I suggest you retire yourself from posting, you make us look worst.
lol ally

u so funny

>give relatively calm posts in thread, simply laughing at the situation or providing personal thought and input
>receive non-friendly and aggressive posts
>post a post of irritation in regarded for poster's conduct
>get told to cool down rather than instigators being told the same thing
>mfw

really man? come on vyse. :V

Masky

Smash Master
I'm not a rep, but as far as Melee goes, there was reason to believe as much, but no evidence of that happening back in Melee days.

Also guys, try to play nicely please. This thread is going to be circled like a hawk.
AlphaZealot confirmed that it happened, and he's the MLG Tournament Director... But I suppose we'll just have to wait for a definitive response

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I realise this has got everybody hot under the collar, but two wrongs don't make a right mang.

I did direct it to everyone before you specifically though. Just be cool man.

You too Ally, post about the topic (which I know you have plenty to say about), or take your business elsewhere.

@Masky:

Evidence is the keyword.

AllyKnight

I realise this has got everybody hot under the collar, but two wrongs don't make a right mang.

I did direct it to everyone before you specifically though. Just be cool man.

You too Ally, post about the topic (which I know you have plenty to say about), or take your business elsewhere.

@Masky:

Evidence is the keyword.
Nah nothing to say I'll just answer anything that I find wrong. :awesome:

Also I will be done trolling once my name gets changed, I PAYED FOR THIS WHY HASN'T MY NAME CHANGED *MAD*

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah, the main impression I got from the podcast was that Sundance viewed the M2K incident as casting a negative light on MLG which could cause him to lose support from sponsors, so MLG made the decision to distance themselves from Brawl.

Can you elaborate on the incident of Melee MLG Bracket rigging?

Hyro

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Coney

Smash Master
WHAT THE :eek:

PEOPLE STILL ACTIVELY PLAY AND ENJOY MELEE? :eek:

well gee willikers, you'd never know it from their reserved attitudes and effortless tact :eek:

Sails

Smash Ace
I've spent all of today raging to various people about all of this, and now I'm just sad. I'm sad because we were warned of this happening and I was doing everything possible to attend Dallas, but my job turned down my time off and I couldn't make it. Competitive Smash is the most time I've spent with a competitive game, far outshining my Counter Strike years, so I really wanted to experience an MLG at least once in my life. That dream is now shattered, and I'm sitting upset among the pieces while everyone bickers to each other and tosses around insults. Come on guys, especially you Ally and the rest who attended MLG. Be thankful you got what you did, it's over and we can't let it create hostility in our community this way. We're all entitled to our opinions, but share them reasonably and rationally. It pains me to read this thread and see gifted players who were capable of being a part of something I dreamt about (which will now remain a dream) go around verbally abusing everyone because of its loss.

Goodbye and thanks for your efforts, MLG.

AllyKnight

I've spent all of today raging to various people about all of this, and now I'm just sad. I'm sad because we were warned of this happening and I was doing everything possible to attend Dallas, but my job turned down my time off and I couldn't make it. Competitive Smash is the most time I've spent with a competitive game, far outshining my Counter Strike years, so I really wanted to experience an MLG at least once in my life. That dream is now shattered, and I'm sitting upset among the pieces while everyone bickers to each other and tosses around insults. Come on guys, especially you Ally and the rest who attended MLG. Be thankful you got what you did, it's over and we can't let it create hostility in our community this way. We're all entitled to our opinions, but share them reasonably and rationally. It pains me to read this thread and see gifted players who were capable of being a part of something I dreamt about (which will now remain a dream) go around verbally abusing everyone because of its loss.

Goodbye and thanks for your efforts, MLG.
I do thank them for what they did. But I sure ain't happy to be blamed for stuff that wasn't my fault. That's 2 different thing. Also how the security insulted us didn't make it any better.

Jem.

Smash Master
If you put yourself away from trouble, you won't get in trouble.. simple as that. This is the smash communities own fault for what happened. Glenn said it best "Hopefully Brawl players are thanking Sundance for 2010 instead of bashing him for his 2011 decision."

Thanks Sundance =)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
for the record i already know chibosempai ratted the incident although i was promised not to say the source thanks chibo you can continue denying it if you want just like you lie about MGC

jem you are such a suck up because of halo then posting private stories i tell you to mlg forums

you can really learn who are your real friends in times like these but it's ending now so it doesn't matter

Tesh

Smash Hero
This community clearly doesn't deserve MLG's full support. So ungrateful for what MLG has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom