• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs. Melee, will you switch over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Yeah i wont play Brawl much. I dont think Brawl is gonna be better than Melee, plus Brawl wont have Young Link in it.... T.T
Brawl has Sonic, Snake, Diddy, King DDD and you complaining over the loss of an unoriginal piece of crap like Young Link?

Amazing, simply amazing.

Gay airdodge and non-gayed fox = Probably going to stick with melee
Correction: Fox was gay in Melee.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sakuraiiiiiiiii!!!

???

Hells yeah I'm going to play brawl. I dont play smash competitivly anymore since I have a baby on the way with my girlfriend, but meh I still have most of my skills from my tourney days

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Melee's fun, but I don't have too many people to play it with, just some of my friends. Sure, I'll play Melee like I play SSB64 now, but I will play Brawl the most because online play will allow me to play against a lot more people.

Brawl will not be as fast-paced as Melee, but Melee was a big change from Smash 64 as well. I'd be disappointed if everything was the same. I'd prefer a new playing style instead of the same thing rehashed that I've been playing for the past few years.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Of course I'll switch over. I'm not gonna hang around in the past when there's a whole new game to get good at.

Don't take that to mean I won't play Melee anymore. I mean, it's an amazing game, and I still play SSB64 on occasion.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I'll probably be playing Brawl a lot more often than Melee once it's out. Just like thousands of other people, I've built up some solid excitement for the game. Chances are my Melee will be put down while I'm getting a full taste of Brawl. I'll definitely go back to Melee after not too long. It's basically going to be the same situation that went down when Melee got released. A lot of the new things in Melee were awesome, but I missed the feel of the original Smash.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sakuraiiiiiiiii!!!

???

Hells yeah I'm going to play brawl. I dont play smash competitivly anymore since I have a baby on the way with my girlfriend, but meh I still have most of my skills from my tourney days
A Smasher can have a girlfriend. :laugh: lol j/k

Teach your future child. A legacy must live on.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
jus because ppl cant do technical stuff in melee, they assume it means they will b good t brawl if they get an early jump on it

wrong

playin melee at a competative level doesnt jus teach you advanced tech. it teaches you things about competative play in general.

its too early in the morning to go in depth on that. i'll let someone else do that

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=/ All you Blindingly "Melee ONLY" people...stop acting like Melee was always the super fast paced game we have today.

It took like, what? 4 Years or so before Wavedashing hit the fan? Lcanceling took a year or something didn't it?

Honestly, Brawl is very likely going to take the same competitive road that Melee did.

1)Start out with slow-ish gameplay, having Shield Grabs dominate the floor.
2)Various Combos are put into play, first "TRUE" tier list is established. Best throws on top.
3)Something to counter Shield Grabs pops up, the game is moved to another level. Tiers reorganized.
4)Something random is discovered that helps increase gameplay speed. Tiers reorganized.
5)Gameplay elements are tweaked and worked on by the professional scene until finally ending with a result similar to Melee.

=/ Guys, its not that its "SLOWER" than Melee all that much, but it is very much smoother.
If you don't have a Wii, I can understand not making the switch.
Honestly though, you really should wait until Brawl has been extensively examined. After all, with such an increase in the size of the competitive scene, it shouldn't take very long for people to track down new techs.

-DD

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
Regardless of whether or not it becomes a competitive game, I will play Brawl to become as good as I can at it, and I'll at least beat the game and unlock everything. If it turns out to not be as good competitively as Melee is then I will continue to play Melee in tournaments and just play Brawl for fun. Brawl will be a good game whether it turns completely competitive or not. If Brawl turns out to be too unbalanced of a game to play very competitively then players will turn back to Melee. I somehow doubt that Brawl will not be played competitively at least for a while until someone can discover and master one technique that is unbeatable, but even then tournament organizers will probably ban that technique and continue to host tournaments for it. Even when Brawl becomes more competitive, I will still go back and play Melee just because it is such a good game.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How the heck is this argument still going on? Why cant you play all 3 smash games??

I seriously play way more smash 64 than melee these days. I like it better, and I lack a gamecube. Like I said before, with a kid on the way I dont even have time to play melee even with friends anymore.

I still rock at it though probably, I did quite well last tournament in blainville, and the after party was awesome. PKM vodka's donkey kong 4 stocked me so easily though haha, uthrow uair, ... repeat... death combos. the more I smash DI, the more intresting the combo gets, but I never escape! :laugh:

I cant wait to play brawl. Smash is about fun anyway, why be serious about it, even at a competitive level? Most of the best players ive lost to have been easy going joker type guys, if you let your ego and your arrogance interfere in competition, in ANY sport or video game, you will never improve.

Also, I love killer instinct.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brawl is gonna suck straight up and down.
If I did not make myself clear before, might I mention that posting habits that lack any purpose or the substance to do anything except offend other posters, such as yours, are one of the things I absolutely despise?

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
brawl will be good , and better than melee. i never like melee that much, old smash was always the better one for me. if it wasn't for old smash there wouldn't be a melee. I am glad that the developers toned the speed down, this will just make me want to play even more.

Zodiac

Smash Master
im still going to participate in melee tournaments for the first few months before brawl is released but. When there are clear tourny rules defined for the first time, Im going to probably switch all the way over to brawl.

Orsist

Smash Cadet
I'll probably switch over to Brawl, just like I switched to Melee from SSB.

My two biggest reasons are Stage Builder and online play. #3 would probably all the really cool stages I'm seeing on the Dojo. Unless they nerf Samus really bad or leave out Marth, I don't plan on returning to melee.

Kips

Smash Ace
Yeah, Stage Builder looks insanely fun. I can't wait to see how complex you can make one and how fun it'll be. I wonder if built stages can be used for tourneys? Then we could have a wide range of tourney-viable maps.

courte

Smash Lord
Yeah i wont play Brawl much. I dont think Brawl is gonna be better than Melee, plus Brawl wont have Young Link in it.... T.T

ignorance for the loss

yes i'm gonna play brawl more than melee

F@G

Smash Rookie
Of course everyone has to play Brawl when it comes out. The real gamers will unlock everything...then put it away and pwn in some Melee

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll switch over.

Melee is going to die, even if its better. Let's just hope Brawl isn't going to be a total dissapiontment. That is, some new tech skills get found out and mindgames expand to make it worthwhile.

bgong

Smash Rookie
for those that haven't been involved in the tournament scene in melee, it gives us a fresh start. I started getting into melee too late and everyone always just pwned me. maybe now i can start at sqaure 1 with the rest.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
i understand your position bgong, but what i dont like is the people that did not get in the pro melee scene and says that brawl is gonna be thousand times better than melee if they didnt even feelt what means beeing in a tourney, beeing good at the game, knowing and playing all the pro moves.. thinkng about what u can do, feeling the pressure.. that pisses me off..

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
my god the brawl forum people actually came into the melee section

apocalypse is upon us.

i understand your position bgong, but what i dont like is the people that did not get in the pro melee scene and says that brawl is gonna be thousand times better than melee if they didnt even feelt what means beeing in a tourney, beeing good at the game, knowing and playing all the pro moves.. thinkng about what u can do, feeling the pressure.. that pisses me off..
amen

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
well obviously brawl is the best because of graphics and new characters, but until now, i think melee is better because it is competitive with so many techniques.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be playing Brawl unless it's not that good. Melee is good, but I can't play online with it. That's the main reason why I want to play Brawl because I just don't have many people to play against right now with Melee.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'm switching to Brawl. It's a fresh start and i'll still play melee from time to time. Now if Brawl doesn't have any depth and cannot be competitive (which is unlikely), then that's a different story.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I'm always going to play Melee.....my first competitive fighter is Melee....I freaking love the game. I'll play Melee from time to time.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
for those that haven't been involved in the tournament scene in melee, it gives us a fresh start. I started getting into melee too late and everyone always just pwned me. maybe now i can start at sqaure 1 with the rest.
oh please, that's no excuse, mango started playing around 2007 and look where he is now, he's one of the pros.

rainbowkirby100

Smash Cadet
It only matters when it comes out.But I'm gonna only play noncompetitively for the first few months. And I am surely going to keep playing melee.

rhan

Smash Hero
oh remember what i said a while ago...well scratch that...IM GETTING BRAWL!
YOUNG LINK LIVES ON! TOON LINK SHALL PWN EVERY ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom