• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs. Melee, will you switch over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Ok, as I see brawl right now, I don't think it's going to be fast paced crazy pwnage action like Melee. I will probably still play brawl, but not competitively. Is anyone else going to play competitive Melee but not Brawl? or am I just crazy?

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah i wont play Brawl much. I dont think Brawl is gonna be better than Melee, plus Brawl wont have Young Link in it.... T.T

heytallman

CTALL
I will be playing Brawl nonstop. The reason is probably because 1) it's new, and 2) it's less tech-y then Melee (I can't wavedash to save my life)

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Its a new game so new moves an strategy's will be all up for grabs, I am def gonna give it a chance even though its not looking too amazing now.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Slowler or not, less technical or not, Brawl IS going to be competitive. So basically, I'm saying goodnight to Melee. Not to mention the characters are going to make the game WAY more enjoyable then Melee.

SSE ftw. Sonic Pwns. Olimar Pwns. Hopefully Bowser Jr. can Pwn too.

MLG is already going to have Brawl. So yes, I'm switching over. There aren't good enough reasons NOT to.

rhan

Smash Hero
Olimar is dumb....<_<

I dont like half the additions they added to Brawl...
Ex: Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy...

Melee will live on forever!

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
You're just crazy. I'll still play Melee but Brawl is gonna take up alot more of my time.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would play both. The only reason I'm not playing Melee is because I am broke and am searching for a job. I will return when my funds are secure.

luis92

Smash Cadet
should i even answer this?? of course im goin to change to Brawl and who knows there could be so many new moves we could never imagine in brawl, take E-for all for instance they had the game for like 4 day and they found a few new moves and that was with 2 min rounds imagine bein able to play all day ????
just make sure to keep up with all of them ;)

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Most people that posted in this thread are so full of failure in their lives.. and not because they think Melee > Brawl, but because of the reasons the give for it (Some don't even give any reasons).

And to begin with.. the game isn't even out yet.. you should really wait before making threads like this :ohwell:

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Brawl is gonna suck straight up and down.
Heh I agree with you. Not completely but I definitely don't think it's gonna be as good as Melee. I think everyone just has their head stuck up their *** and want to believe that it'll be better than Melee since it's a fresh game. I'm not at all impressed with the updates. Captain Olimar? He was better off in Pikmin, not moved to Brawl same with the pokemon trainer guy. They haven't even introduced Captain Falcon in the updates yet. He might already be in the game but they're waiting an awfully long time to let everyone know that he's gonna be in the game.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
My wallet called from the future. It said that it's thicker than ever from my Brawl winnings and the Melee scene is hardly existent. And that it's more fun than Melee ever was.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
and we have to decide before we know if brawl's any good or not... why?

if brawl blows then we're not going to play it lol

if it's good then the mainstream will switch

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I'll switch at least for a while for the sole reason that the game is new. There's only so long I can continue to play melee, especially when I know something different is out there. But, I suppose it's possible that Brawl will be just terrible (although I doubt this) in which case there's not point in playing a game you don't like.

I know, tl;dr. Basically, I'm reserving judgment until (insert constantly moving release date here).

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Ugh this drives me nuts.

its the sequel, play it, this is the game that you play because it is the most recent encarnation of the game.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Your not crazy TheOJ........................................................................
Your freaken insane
when it comes to brawl there are no other games.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And I like how everyone gives dumb reasons for not switching to Brawl (or at least not giving it a chance first)

Dur it'z slower- So a few techs were removed. It's still as fast as Melee before all that stuff was discovered. And why didn't anyone EVER complained that Melee and 64 were too slow before the ATs were discovered.

I don't lik the characterz- Oh boo hoo. So of those characters deserved to be in Brawl since Melee. And the Melee's roster was crappy enough as it is. At least they're getting the good Nintendo characters in.

Khopstix

Smash Rookie
As much as I LOVE meele, Brawl just looks like a better game ( yes I know how to wavedash and I'm pretty good at it too). I'm a sucker for new characters that is reason 1. Reason 2 is that wi-fi need I say more.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll be playing Brawl unless it sucks. It's the only reasonable thing to do, after all. >_>

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Brawl is gonna suck straight up and down.
I've seen this same post from you like 50 times. You are awesome, sir!

EDIT: Besides, anyone who is totally switching to Brawl definitly sucks more than Melee and will only play Brawl a few times. The game eventually gets boring for those "I only want Brawl, screw melee" people.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who totally quits Brawl for Melee is a total Brawl n00b. You're all just arrogant behinds who wouldn't care about what the product of today grew from.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
EDIT: Besides, anyone who is totally switching to Brawl definitly sucks more than Melee and will only play Brawl a few times. The game eventually gets boring for those "I only want Brawl, screw melee" people.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who totally quits Brawl for Melee is a total Brawl n00b. You're all just arrogant behinds who wouldn't care about what the product of today grew from.
So how often do you play Smash 64 then?

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
all of you who claim that brawl will suck: dont play it :-),
more for me and my friends besides lame item and pokeball updates i have loved every bit of what i've seen. new characters, no clones, every one will be equaled out. on top of that there will be soo much content! as sakuri said "i am going to make you play every corner of this game" did i mention the level editor? or online play? IMO they are just taking the best of SSB64 and SSBM and combining the two. nothing but a great game can come from that.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can agree with Markus, in the sense of combining both 64 and Melee for Brawl. There are so many new things that will make this game good, but in a sense, it doesn't seem it will be taking a big step from 64 or Melee, in the sense of battle. With new features, such as online play, there is your big step.

So what if people switch over to Brawl to play a majority of their Smash on it? After Smash64, most people switched over, for those who owned GameCubes. The same goes for now, people who own Wii's will most likely switch over to Brawl, but Melee will still be played, maybe not as much. I bet most people that run sessions will switch to Brawl, and still have Melee to play, but it will be the "side" game, unless a majority still wants Melee to be the "main" event, just such as Smash64 is still the "side" game of sessions.

Like Markus, if you think Brawl is crap, don't even pick up the controller.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
all of you who claim that brawl will suck: dont play it :-),
more for me and my friends besides lame item and pokeball updates i have loved every bit of what i've seen. new characters, no clones, every one will be equaled out. on top of that there will be soo much content! as sakuri said "i am going to make you play every corner of this game" did i mention the level editor? or online play? IMO they are just taking the best of SSB64 and SSBM and combining the two. nothing but a great game can come from that.
Ignorance is bliss

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm playing both until brawl is accepted as a for fun game or a competitive game, then i"ll switch over to just one accordingly.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
We still haven't seen what is possible in Brawl that Nintendo has not mentioned. Even when Melee was released, wavedashing, L-cancel, and a lot of the various techniques we take for granted today were not even mentioned. I have a suspicion that Brawl has some hidden moves as well, and it's only a matter of time before the Smash community founds out what they are, when March 9th hits.

Kips

Smash Ace
I agree. While we can't say anything for certain, I guarantee that within the first three months we'll find more then a few special techs hidden underneath Brawls casual exterior. After all, Melees techs took a bit of time to discover. Why shouldn't Brawls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom