• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Hey guys ok so I did some test for some wii setups. I just need to know a couple of questions about the setup. The way we have our setup right now for the xbox 360 is we have 2 lcd screens back to back with each other so that people siting down are facing each other. I was wondering if that would be something you guys would like to have as well. secondly this may not be the right place to ask this but just in case one of you guys would know, does the game tatsunoko vs capcom for the wii will it be played on the wii motes or the gamecube controllers? cuz if it is played on the wii motes there will be a problem with the heads up setup since the sensor bar can only be on one side at the time. lastly it would be great if someone could pass by at NCBA tomorow with a copy of ssbb to test out if my setup is lagging or not so that we can comfirm that everything is ok.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I really would.... but I have some hardcore studying to do tomorow. I'll definitely go check the place out over the weekend though.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I almost have to get special permission not to do overtime these last few days, and tonight is such a day, and I need to do a lot of stuff fast, so I can't help :/

Also, according to the wiki, tatsunoko accepts all available Wii controllers, so wii mote/nunchuk, gamecube controller, classic controller and wiimote. Which leads me to believe having one sensor bar shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless everyone thinks the wiimote or wiimote/nunchuk are the best control schemes...

zaf

Smash Lord
I can't go tonight, although id like to. I have studying to do. But does anyone want to go and play there this Saturday? If it is possible that is, if jin allows us to go at this moment ( Jin can we come this Saturday to play too lol?). I would bring 2 tv's if needed and my wii.

I think the idea of heads up smash is pretty cool. I would like to try playing like that a few games =P. But if there are a lot of people, i think we should divide the heads up into two set ups.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I can't go today, got a paper due. I'm going Friday for SF, so if no one shows up today to help, I can test it on Friday before SF starts.

As for the pointer, the games don't need it, other than navigating the Wii's menu. So 1 sensor bar is enough and the position doesn't matter.

For smash, we play with gamecube pads. Arcade sticks are not possible for that game.
For TvC, arcade sticks would be ideal, but I don't know about pads because they all suck for the SF style fighting games. Maybe the classic controller would be ok.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Chester if you know of any way to directly contact jin(email/msn/number) i want to discuss with him about if it would be possible to hold tourneys at netchamp. Unless jin is still lurking this thread, then he can answer me by himself i guess >.<

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Chester if you know of any way to directly contact jin(email/msn/number) i want to discuss with him about if it would be possible to hold tourneys at netchamp. Unless jin is still lurking this thread, then he can answer me by himself i guess >.<
Lurking Jin at your service :D j/k

Yeah man pass by tonight if you want or i'll pm you my contact info

kr3wman

Smash Master
So the tvs are like Bento's and vrud's, small 19'' tvs that don'T lag at all. It's pretty cool.

Jin really want to know if the community wants head2head setups because he wants to expand the place for setups, like said before.

He was thinking of using the space next to the bathrooms and he has some options :

1. Put like 1/2 rows of head2head setups.
2. Put 4 tvs like kinda like Gamer's World in the corners

Personally I don't mind head2head, It's pretty cool.

He also wants to put those up as soon as possible, for the nov28 tournament.

swordgard

Smash Hero
TBH i really dont mind whichever it is, since both are acceptable.

IMO he should do w/e is the most space efficient for him. Also, thats some **** epic lurking skills you got there jin.

Whats the tourney on nov28? What game?

mongmong

Smash Cadet
TBH i really dont mind whichever it is, since both are acceptable.

IMO he should do w/e is the most space efficient for him. Also, thats some **** epic lurking skills you got there jin.

Whats the tourney on nov28? What game?
ty ty with my years of experience of being a forum troll..... anyways! so yeah the tournament so far will be sf4, sf3 and sfhd but i would like to include ssbb if possible into the tournament that is why i would like to know what is the preferred setup. I know it is really last minute to include a new game in the tournament and i hope we can or else we can just make another one not to far down the line.

swordgard

Smash Hero
ty ty with my years of experience of being a forum troll..... anyways! so yeah the tournament so far will be sf4, sf3 and sfhd but i would like to include ssbb if possible into the tournament that is why i would like to know what is the preferred setup. I know it is really last minute to include a new game in the tournament and i hope we can or else we can just make another one not to far down the line.

Do you have msn/aim, i cant call tonight since i dont want to start making noise in my house when everyone is asleep and talking over forum boards is kinda slow XD

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Personally I don't mind head2head, It's pretty cool.

I also enjoyed the head2head setups but at the same time theyre more expesive and a little less croud friendly. I like the idea of having a bit of both setups, but I still feel that 1 big TV with a bunch of people around it let's smash keep it's ''party game'' feel (even though we're hardcorarw).

If we would have a few h2h setups that could be reserved for tourney games only I think that they could help run tourneys faster, bigger TVs can be used for important matches, recording etc.

Smokey

Smash Rookie
I also enjoyed the head2head setups but at the same time theyre more expesive and a little less croud friendly. I like the idea of having a bit of both setups, but I still feel that 1 big TV with a bunch of people around it let's smash keep it's ''party game'' feel (even though we're hardcorarw).

If we would have a few h2h setups that could be reserved for tourney games only I think that they could help run tourneys faster, bigger TVs can be used for important matches, recording etc.
lol Well no disrespect but the smash crowd is pretty silent anyways! Or maybe its the SF MTL crowd thats just too loud hahaha

Weve had 2 tourneys at Netchamp already and its niiice for the crowd bcuz every crew goes to their side haha its nice especially for sidebets

who was the guy there yesterday testing the smash? Anyways I was the dude doing infinite wins with ***at haha

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
lol Well no disrespect but the smash crowd is pretty silent anyways! Or maybe its the SF MTL crowd thats just too loud hahaha

Weve had 2 tourneys at Netchamp already and its niiice for the crowd bcuz every crew goes to their side haha its nice especially for sidebets

who was the guy there yesterday testing the smash? Anyways I was the dude doing infinite wins with ***at haha
you have to play kage because he is the only person that will prove to you that smash crowd is the opposite of silent, or let me commentate on one of the games and you'll see how silent I am ;)

zaf

Smash Lord
you have to play kage because he is the only person that will prove to you that smash crowd is the opposite of silent, or let me commentate on one of the games and you'll see how silent I am ;)
With kage or "C"-let around the crowd does get a lot more louder. Heck, even with joel we get louder. I dont think its really a deal of who is more quiet or who is more loud. I just think that the smash community (at the moment) is a lot younger then the sf community.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada

hehe, kage and pkm = guaranteed headache.

I was there with cF=) for a few minutes, played a few games then discussed a some things with Jin. I woulda jumped on SF4 but cF doesn't play it and I was pretty lazy / not sober etc.

And yeah for smash I think that splitting the croud between crews is less fun since we all get along and don't usually pick sides when people are playing (unless it's mtl vs toronto hehe).

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Will they teach me how to play SF4 if I come to these?
I wanna be extra gay with Zangief.
I am sure they will be happy to teach you if you are willing to learn how to play. They would be happy to teach someone to become good since they want to grow their community and have everyone lvl up. With the weeklies there is plenty of people who can give you tips and help you out to improve your game. but like i said only if you are willing to learn.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Well let's just say if I blaze, I will most likely become very loud. =P I think I trashtalk a lot during matches as I play or if something crazy happens during other matches. I can't really do it a lot with the SF community because I do not them very well yet and also I'm sort of shy/intimidated by higher level people too much. I am Roustane in the SF boards which is my real name.

Though I think it's fun to trashtalk, it adds spice to games. =P

BentoBox

Smash Master
They most likely won't =(

They're all elitist i hear
They really aren't o,o Have you met wooley?

If you want something, just ask for it. As long as you show a certain amount of dedication and will to learn, you'll get along with everyone pretty fast.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Not true~ I don't recall a single instance where a top player flat out refused to play someone of a lesser level. Usually, its these players that choose to isolate themselves (e.g. "scrub table") because they do not deem it worthwhile to get ***** senseless and have to wait another 20 mins (@ cine) to get a game in, but nothing prevented anyone from sitting with the pros if you wanted to :p. And now with Netchamp, as everyone is so focused on leveling up mtl as a whole, I'd say the community is much tighter than before~

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
They really aren't o,o Have you met wooley?

If you want something, just ask for it. As long as you show a certain amount of dedication and will to learn, you'll get along with everyone pretty fast.
Actually i've met Wooley and he's a really nice guy, but i've heard that if you're not good certain people won't play with you?
it's half true i'd say. it's like when you're afraid to ask someone who's considered a top player to play games and mess around with him. most of the time if you do, you'll see the guy is a pretty good person. then again most good people are in closely knit cliques of their buddies. so of course it's gonna be intimidating to go ask them to play when they are all playing together, and obviously they don't ask you to play either, but they shouldn't have to anyway. so you have to make the first step kinda. if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, but at the same time you're better off going in to see if you can actually stand it.

Top Bottom