• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Anyone want to come keep me company? I'm stuck alone at Concordia until 7. =(

I can give you a tour :O!

And ROFL at Sirlin being there, very random but should be cool to see. I could probably get into some fun philosophical arguments with him but I'd rather play some Smash :/.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I fail hardcore. Sorry, Joel, I got stuck in the lab until just now. Was the test run successful, though? Can I plan to be at the same place next week and, you know, actually show up?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
It would have been fail if it wasn't for Sirlin, who didn't show up!

There weren't too many setups because the place was under renovation. But it was free because of that, lol. The attendance was pretty big, that surprised me. Where did all these people come from?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
they are matty boi's friend's and they want to help out the melee scene.

all in all, excellent weekly. jin said if there's commitment (that is the key word here) we can expand to more than 5 wii setup for next week. he said he can also buy cubes but i don't think that'll be necessary.

I think now is a good time to start ranbats.

zaf

Smash Lord
i really like this place lots more then gamer's world. This place gots a couch even <3.
Has a nicer feel to it too. Im down for the ranbats, but can we get enough people for 5 wii set ups?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Very fun, especially awesome that they let us play for free due to renovations. We had a solid turnout (~16-17 people), and I can definitely spot the potential with this.

Anyways, we're having the next weekly (yes, next Wednesday that means) at Netchamp. I'll break the news to Mike this weekend.

Jer, I think Fizzi meant we ask for the cost per TV to be reduced to 3$ an hour. Jin seems eager to get his own consoles though, so I don't know how long that idea would last...

Very sorry @Ragboy and co. for the 1 Melee setup, I completely forgot to swap the 2nd B+ for Melee like I said I would earlier. Hopefully next week we'll have more stuff to work with.

DB-56

Smash Rookie
Cubes and Wii's really isnt a problem. It's EZ traveling for us (ragboy's crew), so we can all bring one. The question is, will their be more TV's next week? That would be baws.

I'd be down if we could see more 1v1's going. It was pretty much doubles on all setups.

Yesterday was really nice btw, first time I (and a few of us) actually got to play with the montreal community and ppl were pretty chill.

I'll try not to drop my controler 10 times next week..

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Tech, pretty sure it's not the intention to make 7 the new starting time, the only reason that was the case this week was because of renovations or whatever.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Tech, pretty sure it's not the intention to make 7 the new starting time, the only reason that was the case this week was because of renovations or whatever.
Bingo.

The only reason we started at 7 was because of renovations. In fact, the only reason it was open for us at all was because David Sirlin said he was going to visit (yet he didn't show, lmao).

The only reason we had 4 TVs to work with was for the same reason.

We can definitely get more setups than last time lol, let's get a tally rolling for next time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok Ill bring my wii next weekly with melee, I just need someone with a mem card, then we are good.

I guess it's perhaps my time to share my experience or something like that. =P

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
we should get the northerners to come.
also, max, eric, eric and ian should be there again. not that anyone would recognize these names.
edit: for melee. any chance we could get 3 melee setups going? I think there should be 5 tvs next week, maybe someone could bring an extra one?

brg

Smash Ace
we should get the northerners to come.
also, max, eric, eric and ian should be there again. not that anyone would recognize these names.
edit: for melee. any chance we could get 3 melee setups going? I think there should be 5 tvs next week, maybe someone could bring an extra one?
actually I think I could bring a tv

and your controller ;)

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Worst case scenario, Gamer's World thinks they're still on and nobody shows up. Actually, I wonder if they'd even notice.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Bair range buffed, Jab range buffed (better jab->grab setups), and "U tilt stats reworked for better use at all percents", whatever the **** that means. And Fsmash may have been buffed depending on how much faster it is now.

Top Bottom