• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl State Power Rankings

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I kinda agree and on another level I don't.

Some kind of competitive element inside me is really keen on the PR idea. It really gives me an objective to reach that isn't a billion miles away, ya know? I think the PR would be a really great stepping stone for those looking to push themselves into national or even inter-national level.

I think that's one of the reasons why Vic is so active and so many are trying to get to be the best they can over there. Could just be me, but i've always felt we lack motivation - and the PR would be an awesome way to give it back.

But meah.

Isn't trying to win tournaments motivation enough? Don't people know how good you are without a PR?

I don't see a point in them, personally. At least for our scene.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I mean, pick up a high tier character and start taking stocks or games off of the best players. We aren't a billion miles away, in fact we're all at quite achievable levels for just about anyone playing the game in the states! I know the opportunities to play may be lacklustre but things are cropping up now!

People have gotten significantly better without the intervention of others though

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Isn't trying to win tournaments motivation enough? Don't people know how good you are without a PR?

I don't see a point in them, personally. At least for our scene.
It's good - but the idea of seeing yourself on a chart as 'one of the best' for that area is a really nice stepping stone. I look at smash and get daunted because for me the curve is to go from doing badly to winning tournaments and then going further. Having the PR sets an achievable goal that is slightly more realistic to achieve and encourages its members to push themselves further when there was less incentive to do so beforehand. ^_^

EDIT: How many people so far have noticed what you and Ghost are doing btw? :p

Remastered

Smash Lord
Providing PR's are done properly, they are a fantastic benchmark for up and coming players to aim for. I'm all for PR's, and I know quite a number of players who still want to get on/move up their respective PR ranks.

Praise for accomplishments really is a great thing.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Like if we included ACT, we could pop 10, problem with ACT is there also lack of tournament scene/representation and comparison to us.
Not for too long, weekly meets and monthly tournaments should fix that issue in no time.

Apollo should be on the ACT PR and removed from the QLD one, tbh
Shush please, I am perfectly happy where I am now thanks.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I think I should be moved up for the next NSW PR (possibly 3rd). My current position is unrepresentative of my abilities. JP make it happen.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I've lost to plenty of people who I think I should've beat since I started playing Smash. You can't play your best at every tournament to it's more about trying to be consistent and definitely going even with the other top players in your area, which I think you do.

IIRC Kaion also lost to Blade two tournaments back, or so. It's isn't that big a deal. Blade has got most QLDer's to 1-stock if not beaten them at one stage or another.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
because we haven't updated since before BAM
but you're still 8th on the new list we have prepared so i guess your point's valid, brb moving jamwa off the pr

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah it had to be girlz

allen originally picked navi from OoT, but I said that it didn't count as 'blue hair', and he had to choose another picture, or a picture would be chosen for him

a picture was chosen for him

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah it had to be girlz

allen originally picked navi from OoT, but I said that it didn't count as 'blue hair', and he had to choose another picture, or a picture would be chosen for him

a picture was chosen for him

I prefer an alternate reality where none of this happened
Allens picked this fair dinkum woman right here
She is true blue
She is more respectable than all your underage dakimakura archetypes

Splice

Smash Hero
What's the occasion?
VICTORIAN BRAWL POWER RANKINGS VERSION 12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVOFMOGqE24
Shoutouts to Timic83 for producing the vid in Sony Vegas
Overedited and Intense, a highlight video of Victoria's finest, using footage only from tournament matches or crew battles. (except for Tomiie and Steve's clips)
For best viewing, I recommend 3 cans of Mother and some breath mints before watching.

Alternative-Boring-Text-Version
(changes from v11 are noted)

1. Attila 0 (Snake, Ice Climbers, Falco,)
2. Tibs +1 (Diddy Kong)
3. Ledge -1 (Metaknight)
4. Sebby 0 (Metaknight)
5. Splice +5 (Game and Watch, Olimar)
6. Steve NEW +5 (Samus)
7. Dean -1 (King DeDeDe)
8. Jei +1 (Pit)
9. Tomiie NEW +2 (Falco, Snake, DDD)
10. Jamwa -2 (Lucas)

Shoutouts to Dean for winning 'Dash Attack versus. Spot Dodge'
Shoutouts to Steve for the longest combo of the video
Shoutouts to Myself for using C-stick
Shoutouts to Sebby for accidentally being good at the game
Shoutouts to Ledge for that sexy glide attack to cancel Invisi's UpB
Shoutouts to Tibs for actually comboing lol
Shoutouts to Attila for hitting people into Mortars.

Shoutouts to Tim for editing the video
Shoutouts to Myself again, for not being very good at compressing music.
Hope the Bass Drum blast beats in the song do not kill too many people using powerful sub-woofers.

Shoutouts to Mozart, Yosh and Sat for being on the next Power Ranking.
Amirite? GET ON IT! :)

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm gonna be on the next PR. Gonna unleash some 20XX brawl jigglypuff
Kappa

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I actually completely forgot about this. Definitely had some good clips that could've gone in, but it looks pretty nice anyway. Nice work.

Top Bottom