• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
1. This I could imagine.

2. I don't know. It seems like an extra step that isn't really needed, plus pivot ftilt makes the whole thing a little more hindering.

3. Higher shieldstun is the solution for this. We won't eliminate it, but it'll probably end up weakened.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's an idea: all spikes and meteor smashes "ground" your opponent if done above the stage like with DK's headbutt. For example, if Ganondorf were to use his dair on someone onstage, they'd get stuck in the ground upon hitting the ground. I could easily see this definately helping characters like Ness, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi become broken.

BEES

Smash Lord
2 is really a much larger scope project than anyone is currently looking at. I feel it's something to eventually consider.

I think that even with more shieldstun, throws out of a shield are too powerful. I would rather have the shield-canceling move be a weaker attack that has counter options. Everyone has a throw that combos into something, but not everyone has a jab that can be comboed with anything other than AAA, and jabs are not as safe as throws in general. This means in order to initiate a combo, one has much better chances going on the offense. Whereas in Brawl/Brawl+ and even Melee, shielding and playing defensively can lead to just as many combo starters.

loki15

Smash Cadet
Mario's footstool should do damage haha- like, his most powerful attack, and be true spike if done off of the stage
Samus's charge shot should be bigger, do more damage, and have a lot more hitstun

NNID
Budget_Player
Here's an idea: all spikes and meteor smashes "ground" your opponent if done above the stage like with DK's headbutt. For example, if Ganondorf were to use his dair on someone onstage, they'd get stuck in the ground upon hitting the ground. I could easily see this definately helping characters like Ness, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi become broken.
That's happening with a lot of attacks. For example: Ganon's aerial sideB, aerial downB, dair, bowser's dair and usmash on the falling hit (you just got sat on by a ****ing giant turtle) among others. Not all, but quite a few. ;)

2 is really a much larger scope project than anyone is currently looking at. I feel it's something to eventually consider.

I think that even with more shieldstun, throws out of a shield are too powerful. I would rather have the shield-canceling move be a weaker attack that has counter options. Everyone has a throw that combos into something, but not everyone has a jab that can be comboed with anything other than AAA, and jabs are not as safe as throws in general. This means in order to initiate a combo, one has much better chances going on the offense. Whereas in Brawl/Brawl+ and even Melee, shielding and playing defensively can lead to just as many combo starters.
Well what's wrong with that? You throw a move out that's punishable, your opponent blocks, you get punished. It works, it has worked for a while, and there's nothing wrong with it. And in combo-based games, you get punished harder. I don't think it's going to happen. If you use a move on your opponent's shield that will get you punished, then you earned it.

On the other hand, maybe you don't get how much we're buffing shieldstun. I actually fully intend for SBCs to be possible (situationally) for certain chars. Pulling it off will be a little tricky, but think about it for a moment. If your opponent blocks the wrong move, you can punish him by smashing his shield and then hitting him with your strongest attack.

-You could make teching go a shorter distance.
Actually we were sort of thinking of making teching easier/better/more effective. All things considered, there's gonna be some pretty ridiculous combos in this game.

Think of it this way. Normal brawl has a hitstun constant of 0.4. Brawl+ uses about 0.48, which is normal +8%. We (okay, they/he) are currently testing with 1.0, which is about +100%. That will probably end up being too much, but we won't be reducing it to brawl+ levels. That much is for sure. There has to be another way to avoid getting 0-deathed than "don't get hit", so in planning is making it easier/more effective to DI/SDI a move, and teching should also be easier.

Mario's footstool should do damage haha- like, his most powerful attack, and be true spike if done off of the stage
Samus's charge shot should be bigger, do more damage, and have a lot more hitstun
Lolwtf. That mario idea is crazy. Like, seriously-really nuts.
The samus idea is a given.

ALSO!

http://brawlminus.sourceforge.net/index.php

A work in progress, but so is this whole project.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
nice site. i wasn't actualy expecting you to make a site for this (o_o) i support, and if you need help, i konw a decent bit about PSA as well (i've been keeping up everyday on the boards, and helped port Roy to PSA)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Oh, I love this idea a lot, that will sure make Brawl a lot fun to play. If Samus can full charge shot automatically, have the knockback and stun of Zelda's Lightning Kick, and is able to shoot her charge blaster with no delay that would be interesting. ♥

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
How about this one: Uber Tank Bowser.

About 2x his normal size, really, really heavy, has a huge, DK Down B style hitbox every time he lands after a large jump (and a smaller 'grounding' hitbox right under him), a large tripping hitbox every time he takes a step (only walking, not dashing), his dash has a hitbox similar to his dash attack, but a bit weaker, and always has heavy armor for <14% damage or so. Or, even better, make him always have super armor, but die if he's over 300% damage - almost like a playable boss character. Or better yet - explode! Oh, and he should be able to SHOOP DA WOOP!!! (Look into Cosmic Geno's Geno Beam for a perfect graphical effect).

NNID
Budget_Player
nice site. i wasn't actualy expecting you to make a site for this (o_o) i support, and if you need help, i konw a decent bit about PSA as well (i've been keeping up everyday on the boards, and helped port Roy to PSA)
Anyone willing to help is welcome. Do you have AIM (that's what most people on the project are currently using to communicate)?

How about this one: Uber Tank Bowser.

About 2x his normal size, really, really heavy, has a huge, DK Down B style hitbox every time he lands after a large jump (and a smaller 'grounding' hitbox right under him), a large tripping hitbox every time he takes a step (only walking, not dashing), his dash has a hitbox similar to his dash attack, but a bit weaker, and always has heavy armor for <14% damage or so. Or, even better, make him always have super armor, but die if he's over 300% damage - almost like a playable boss character. Or better yet - explode! Oh, and he should be able to SHOOP DA WOOP!!! (Look into Cosmic Geno's Geno Beam for a perfect graphical effect).
Somehow, this is ironic.

Heavy Armor (5%) on everything. Heavy Armor 10 while in hitstun. Dgrav x1.6, weight x1.3. Basically a ****ing fast-moving tank. Not many combos, but his heavy armor should keep him from getting the **** combo'd out of him too much.

I actually have a more or less changed set for Bowser, CF, and Ganon. I'm starting to work on the rest in alphabetical order, but I'm having a little trouble, above all with the high tier chars (like Diddy, I couldn't think of much at all other than power buffs across the board and 4 bananas max on the field at once) and finding interesting new ways for their moves to do absolutely stupid things while not making them stupidly unfair towards certain other characters.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to increase the number of Waddle Dees D3 can have on the field at once? I tried that once and failed, although I didn't try too hard. I'd ask about Olimar too, but I'm assuming that it's impossible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That raises the question though, which would be more broken: always throwing Gordos or being allowed to have an infinite number of waddle-dees/doos on stage at a time? Hmm... that is a good question.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Throwing Gordos is just an overpowered projectile and can be treated as such. Having an army running around would force enemies to rethink their tactics since they can do things like block projectiles and randomly pop up and attack when you don't expect it. Besides, I think that every character should be as unique as possible and for D3, his Waddle Dees are definitely his most unique aspect. Samus makes a much better overpowered-projectile spammer.

BEES

Smash Lord
I think making ddd's neutral special a charging move preserves the diversity of the character. He could use the waddledees to approach, the gordos to finish a combo. It turns a random move into 3 different moves for different situations.

'V'

Smash Lord
Just when you thought Brawl was broken enough by itself, there's an idea for Brawl-

Pretty cool, I guess. Make the hitboxes on Zelda's lightning kicks and Falcon's knee bigger and easier to hit.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
If this actually works, I can get another SD card for Brawl-. That way when I'm tired of Brawl+ I can switch to Brawl-, an when I'm tired of the brokenness, I can switch to Brawl+.

:D

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i made a PSA for metaknight, cheap as possible, i dont think anyone can make it any worse lol..
his standing position leaves him intagible with a hitbox that covers the whole stage taht does 999%+ and kills instantly with no hitlag or DI ability....oh ya, and the hitbox repeats 30 times per second.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
i made a PSA for metaknight, cheap as possible, i dont think anyone can make it any worse lol..
his standing position leaves him intagible with a hitbox that covers the whole stage taht does 999%+ and kills instantly with no hitlag or DI ability....oh ya, and the hitbox repeats 30 times per second.
cut that out, yo

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm really busy this week, but if i can get some work out of the way tomorrow then i'll start on bowser/luigi.

i'll definitely be free to work on it thursday through the weekend, though.

BEES

Smash Lord
Might I suggest the project be called brawl ++ ?

As I understand it's taking Brawl+ and continuing to enhance the gameplay by making it more offense based. 4-5 hit combos become 9-10 hit combos and so forth...

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Meh, time to get my head in the game then. I've been gone a little so I noticed 6 more pages, but other than that, all cool... tell me what characters haven't had many ideas on them, and I'll do whatever in my power to throw them together a nice broken (but not broken due to everyone else being broken) moveset. Cause I've got so many ideas....blarg.... but I dunno what we want and don't want so I'm gonna get your guys to throw me a character then I'll throw back a moveset, a heap of ideas and a can of woopass for them. XD

edit: Note, I'm useless for PSAing but if I can get someone to be a "programming buddy" for each ideas only person, this should help us out so everyone has a planner, a programming buddy to make the ideas, and of course their own ideas.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Meh, time to get my head in the game then. I've been gone a little so I noticed 6 more pages, but other than that, all cool... tell me what characters haven't had many ideas on them, and I'll do whatever in my power to throw them together a nice broken (but not broken due to everyone else being broken) moveset. Cause I've got so many ideas....blarg.... but I dunno what we want and don't want so I'm gonna get your guys to throw me a character then I'll throw back a moveset, a heap of ideas and a can of woopass for them. XD
do falcon.

NNID
Budget_Player
i will create an account in a minute. who else is all in the project? could ya PM with more details on what's going on now?
Sure thing.

Might I suggest the project be called brawl ++ ?

As I understand it's taking Brawl+ and continuing to enhance the gameplay by making it more offense based. 4-5 hit combos become 9-10 hit combos and so forth...
Nah, Brawl- is fine. The idea being, we break it (make it lower) to make it better.

i'm really busy this week, but if i can get some work out of the way tomorrow then i'll start on bowser/luigi.

I have a finished list of ideas for bowser if you need it. Can you send what you would do for luigi my way? Also, thanks.
We need a better way to communicate somehow between devs. I'm going to try to set up a forum where we can pull all this stuff together (right now it's mostly separated and disparaged AIM Convos, mostly between me and one other guy).

@Shadic: I'm pretty sure link's bombs are going to end up as Bob-ombs.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
DK should be giant, like the Giant DK you battle in SSB64.

Snake should spawn Smart Bombs instead of grenades *_*

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
erm lol, maek a 5-way spreading Falcon Punch Projectile!! ^_^

srsly, all I can think for B- is a Falcon Punch XD
lol agreed. A falcon PAWNCH projectile would be amazing. If you guys can pull that one off, it'll definitely be mah favorite SSB lol

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman

do bowser. i've already started on luigi, removing the head stuck in the wall, always misfiring, up B stuff, and various tripping mechanics

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ganon and Bowser are coming along very nicely. I've had some great ideas to work with, and the results look promising.

They're so fun to play around with haha. When we get closer to completing this project, it should be tons of fun. I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom