• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
I recommend to anyone who is helping to develop this-post your ideas in the brawl- forum! That way the people can watch them more carefully. I'm sorry if some people have not been activated that fast; I have been AFK for 2 days.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
DDD's down+B should have a range close to his Fsmash; Luigi's kick taunt should only trip but deal about 100 damage; Falco should have Wolf's laser, but still keep the FF cancel with it; Luigi's Up+B sweetspot should be bigger, and he should have a hitbox during the falling animation like a sex kick...

Just some random ideas...these aren't too much, are they?

I feel floatiness only slows down the gameplay. I say increase the gravity.

Perhaps you should make all characters heavier so that characters can live to higher percents? With the damage outputs I'm seeing in this thread, people die in two or three hits. :|

or maybe that's the point.

NNID
Budget_Player
Increased gravity isn't a bad idea. People are going to die stupidly early against some chars (or with some chars); expect, for example, retardedly fast games when playing as anyone designated as an obvious glass cannon (top of this row would be Jiggs, who will remain the lightest in the game by far and gain killing power up the butt) or especially if the opponent is a tank.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you want speed, why not up the gravity but also make everyone have more jumps? Or make all up-B's not go into freefall?

NNID
Budget_Player
How would having more jumps encourage speed? I think, while recoveries are buffed, most chars won't get extra jumps. Ugrav and Dgrav will be buffed, most recoveries will get bonuses, and I don't think we need more.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hmm, really? I think one extra jump would be good for certain characters who usually fail off the stage, like CF (Though I already gave him one XD), Ike, Snake, Marth and a few others. :3

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'll start working tomorrow. send me any pac files if you're started on them/or just give me a list of who/what needs to be done.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
CF has a moveset and needs a .pac. There are several more chars where we can pretty much start. Just choose one where there's either a big OP or a moderately long thread and start on that.
What do you mean he has a moveset and needs a .pac? O_o; That's kinda...contradictory. If he has a moveset, he has a .pac. If he doesn't have a moveset, he doesn't have a .pac. XD;

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
You can make Jigglypuff's Rest being a OHKO and with an ending lag of Ike's fsmash. And if you shield it, it's instant shield break for another Rest to OHKO that time. And please, no gravity increase, you don't want to SD too easily, maybe make the game even floatier.

NNID
Budget_Player
What do you mean he has a moveset and needs a .pac? O_o; That's kinda...contradictory. If he has a moveset, he has a .pac. If he doesn't have a moveset, he doesn't have a .pac. XD;
Moveset in terms of "has all the ideas together".

You can make Jigglypuff's Rest being a OHKO and with an ending lag of Ike's fsmash. And if you shield it, it's instant shield break for another Rest to OHKO that time. And please, no gravity increase, you don't want to SD too easily, maybe make the game even floatier.
We are making it less floaty, but at the same time a lot of chars are getting air speed buffs. Jiggs' rest will be incredible, but anything too much and jiggs becomes a glass cannon that fires ****in' nukes.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
How would having more jumps encourage speed? I think, while recoveries are buffed, most chars won't get extra jumps. Ugrav and Dgrav will be buffed, most recoveries will get bonuses, and I don't think we need more.
More jumps doesn't encourage speed, higher gravity encourages speed and more jumps just prevents the SDs that would result from the higher gravity, as well as retaining the aerial aspects of the game.

I mean, look at Onslaught Falcon - he's really fast and can practically fly with his Specials. The only way to win against someone like that is to either Smash or aerial combo him straight off the stage.

Hmm, maybe it could be called DBZ Brawl...;)

NNID
Budget_Player
The problem with infinite recoveries is stalling. You can circle camp on almost any stage with them, you can camp near the blastzone on any stage with them, you can stay wherever you want, practically. We're going to improve recoveries, but not make them infinite.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I am very excited about this project and look forward to seeing how it works out. I may not know anything about hacking, but I have plenty of time, so I can be a tester.

As far as hitstun goes, I think that you should just make it so that characters can't airdodge or do aerials out of hitstun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You should use a different color other than black for the first banner. Something that contrasts and is easy to spot with Red would be a light blue or a light green-ish color.

And instead of "as", there should be one more s in there... Though this personal preference, I find the line funnier that way. Although the first suggestion is personal preference too... but I think I won't be alone there.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd agree Kinzer to change the colors - especially for the BBrawl sig. Maybe lime green or whatever, it's not totally readable as a Brawl- sig, and might even be interpreted as BBrawl bashing.

>____>

Otherwise, I love it.

NNID
Budget_Player
Peach always getting stitchfaces isn't a bad idea. Maybe nerf the power on them a little, so it isn't stupid. The problem with boosting falco's laser speed is counters. How does ganon get around them? How does Ike get around them? (Bowser is getting HA on everything; he's cool) It's a hard move to balance. The key spike is also a good idea.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Love that banner!

But I still think that Unbalanced Brawl-ERS is a good name, especially if you're modifying a previous banner. Just scribble it around Balanced Brawl... UBERS FTW!

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
DDD always throws gordos

All Marth's hitboxes are tippers

Luigi's Up-B doesn't induce helpless state

Snake U-tilt with twice the range and knockback

Make Falcon punch and the Knee stupidly powerful, like they should be

Sonic gets shieldbroken after performing his side taunt

Win project is win

JOE!

Smash Hero
my wish list:

Samus: Doesnt need to charge her lazah, and homing super missles. Morph ball bombs have the power of snake's nades

Yoshi: Egg lay has Samus' Zair range (somehow) and does 50% a pop. Give his side B invulnrability somewhere.

Bowser/Charizard: firebreath doesnt decay

Squirtle/Mario: Water Guns dont need charging.

Link: Spin attack controls like snake's Up B, with super armor. Boomerang doesnt need to return to be thrown again. Bombs act like snake's Down B in power.

Snake: replace all moves with utilt

MK: Same movset, Ike's sword.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
How bout jiggz rest comes in 5 buttons? 4 of the rest makes enemy into the "impaled to the ground" state
5th rest does the regular rest

NNID
Budget_Player
my wish list:

Samus: Doesnt need to charge her lazah, and homing super missles. Morph ball bombs have the power of snake's nades

Yoshi: Egg lay has Samus' Zair range (somehow) and does 50% a pop. Give his side B invulnrability somewhere.

Bowser/Charizard: firebreath doesnt decay

Squirtle/Mario: Water Guns dont need charging.

Link: Spin attack controls like snake's Up B, with super armor. Boomerang doesnt need to return to be thrown again. Bombs act like snake's Down B in power.

Snake: replace all moves with utilt

MK: Same movset, Ike's sword.
Lol@snake and MK. You can register on the forum and post this **** if you want to. Some good ideas, some ideas we've had for a while.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
The problem with infinite recoveries is stalling. You can circle camp on almost any stage with them, you can camp near the blastzone on any stage with them, you can stay wherever you want, practically. We're going to improve recoveries, but not make them infinite.
we could make it so there's never a time limit, i guess. then no one would stall?

Fox, Falco, and Wolf's Reflector ALWAYS hurts when opponents gets too near
definitely. we'lll do this

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I am a fan after reading these posts. Lol at MK with Ike's sword!

I think when Yoshi eats someone, the egg should take twice as long to break. That would be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom