• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
The logos look good. Crazy fits a lot better with the intent of this project, although a more insane looking pose would be better. The cracks on the ball need to be clearer, they're hardly noticeable.

I think "Just, Broken" should be replaced with the earlier "Broken as ****", it really explained the goal in the same mood as the project.

Also, Samus could easily become a broken character if she's made game accurate (Every jump a Screw Attack, rapid fire Power Beam and Missiles, unlimited jumps, super fast damaging running after gaining speed...)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

Here's What I envisioned for a Signature Ad, cracked surface yin yang and crazy hand. I couldn't come up with words to replace "Harmony" and "Viability". But anyone is free to finish this off.
Why'd you call it "Broken Brawl-"?

mark twain

Smash Rookie
Dunno if you can, BUT IF YOU CAN, give jiggy inf. jumps &/or soo much areial manuveribity that holding up causes her to go up

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Why'd you call it "Broken Brawl-"?
Agreed. Broken Brawl or Brawl-. Pick one, not both XD
Why? I saw the current banner say that, LOL BROKEN BRAWL -. blame that designer not me :)
sorry, i never saved the psd, i MIGHT remake it on wednesday.

anyway, so "Broken Brawl" or "Brawl -"? It's absultoely your choice not mine, also crazy hand or master hand? I personally take crazy hand over because B- is envisioned as a crazy thing, ya feel me?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I just watched some of the videos and wow. This project looks amazing. I'd definitely play it for fun with friends. It just too amazing not to. It won't replace Brawl+ for me but I'm supporting this project for sure.

Some ideas I'd like to throw out there just to help along the way.

Jigglypuff: make her lullaby have a huge hitbox and you can't block it. You're only affected when on ground and within the hitbox.

Rest is basically a 1 hit ko. Obviously "1 hit ko" moves in smash games aren't really "1 hit ko" since you can SDI to a tech or have some kind of object to stop you from flying. But, rest shouldn't be a break on shields, maybe just give it a huge knockback even on shield.

That's basically her metagame.. lol all her other attacks are just used as decoys/mixups to get into a rest.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Funny thing is... This actually looks more balanced than anything else Brawl has had to offer yet.
That's exactly what we're going for.

I'm going to try and plug out more characters this week, as well as maintain the balance of the overall game.

Glad to see everyone is positive about the project so far. We're only just beginning. :)

NNID
Budget_Player
Hate me not, for I pose no offence of any kind as I am just feeling that so much hard work deserves some attractive visuals to draw more to the community.

Master Hand - or - Crazy Hand?
Just some graphics to show off once the group's feeling pretty good about launching.

Yet to be filled in with whatever "build version" you're at, but looks like you guys are still at 1.0 to me.

Here's What I envisioned for a Signature Ad, cracked surface yin yang and crazy hand. I couldn't come up with words to replace "Harmony" and "Viability". But anyone is free to finish this off.

"If you want to save of some signature space..."
I'd say put a period between Broken and Brawl-, but otherwise, that's awesome. :D Definitely crazy hand, BTW.

You guys have my support.

Someone think of something to do to sonic lol. (super armor spindash)
Sado sonic. We do not buff his kill moves at all, but his damage output is something like 3x normal.

Funny thing is... This actually looks more balanced than anything else Brawl has had to offer yet.
That's the goal.

JOE!

Smash Hero
That's exactly what we're going for.

I'm going to try and plug out more characters this week, as well as maintain the balance of the overall game.

Glad to see everyone is positive about the project so far. We're only just beginning. :)

once everyone's super...no one will be

kciD

Smash Journeyman
How about for Yoshi, when you eat someone and poop out the egg, the egg is heavier (as in if they were metal) and is harder to break out of.

The funniest thing I remember seeing while playing Melee years ago was once we were playing a match with items, and it was Pika vs Yoshi, both on last life. Pika just got metal hat, knocked Yoshi off the stage, and was standing on the edge ready to edgeguard, and Yoshi ate Pika and the metal made him fall superfast to his death...when Yoshi wouldn't have even made it back.

Anyways, other ideas:

Up Ganon's speed to match Falcon's
Increase Zelda's Fair, Bair, and Dair hitbox and sweetspot, and Din's fire hitbox bigger and faster
Wario's Fsmash acts like Warioman's all of the time
G&W chance of a 9 is 90%, and chance of 1 is 10%. He can't ever hit another number, and if he hits a 1 he takes 999 damage with no knockback (would be funny to hit a 1 then a 9 and kill opponent with 999%)
Anything that reflects a projectile or item sends it back at 3x the speed, damage, and knockback
Olimar's purple Pikmin have the range of whites, and whites have the power of purples (pretty much making them both the same)
Each of Marth's attacks has the power of a tipper, no matter where the sword hits

Ok I'm done with ideas

Gindler

Smash Champion
This already sounds like a better idea than brawl+ and balanced brawl. I hope to play a beta someday or better yet the full completed version

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Just found an issue with Jigglypuff.

If you use Rest, the opponent has a chance to hit you after they respawn. Usually this works as a balancing measure, but when many characters have a hard-to-hit 1-hit KO move regardless of damage...

Specifically when there are 2 Jigglypuffs, you can potentially run the match down in a matter of seconds by trading off Rests. KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! GAME! Hmm... IASA on hit maybe?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For DDD- Don't change his chain grab. I think there are better more original ways to break him, and it won't take much. We just need to revise his lesser used moves.
Forward smash- Brawl+ took a very interesting route, one taken right out of Guilty Gear's Potekmon. Its something a broken D3 will need, but not on Forward smash. Give this move a lot of invincibility frames similar to A.B.A.'s Danzai, which can be read about here
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5409
By doing this, you break his forward smash, without it just being LOL I use it, end game. I still think that we should keep some design logic in the way we are breaking the charecters. Making Ganon as fast as Falcon is NOT the kind of thing we want. So, give D3 invincibility so he can charge this through attacks, but its still super slow, so give it to hits, one hit will suck them in to the sweet spot, and the second hit will be the hammer falling, making it to where it is litterally designed to be used as I am describing, to forsee an on going attack, make D3s body a hitbox with a set knockback right in the sweet spot of the hammer, and then kill em.

Dash Attack- Here is where the unblockable auto trip move needs to be. This attack is just fast enough to be useful to auto trip grounded opponents. It should hit any grounded opponents, and gives D3 a good chance to set up against projectile charecters that he generally has trouble with. Now, Olimar can no longer sit peacfully, because D3 will have a chance to trip him and set up for a number of things on him. Snake can no longer blindy throw gernades at him. It fixes his approach problem, and adds to his tech chase ability. Just make sure he can't do it to infinite.

Upsmash- Let's make this a defensive move. Create a hitbox that trails the upsmash, I'm not sure what effect you would want to use, but make it rational, no dark or fire or anything like that. Make it end with him having this protective hit bubble around him. Upsmash can't kill, and is too slow to truly punish. So this provides a useful reimagining of an other wise bland move.

Side b- The Waddle throw. Good, agaisnt 1/3rd of the cast. However, I don't see much a reason to change it. The one change I would make was allow D3 to recover health by swallowing his minions.

Jet Hammer- Jet Hammer is an odd attack. There isn't much special about it, despite about how flashy it is. I have a suggestion-

You see his **** hitbubble? Make that hit bubble be a spike. Its crazy I know, but DDD needs a slightly more reliable spike hitbox. Do it.

Upair- Make the last hit spike. You can escape with DI of course, but D3 still needs a spike.

Well, that's my suggestions. I'll consider and submit more for other characters soon.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
I love this idea so much. Here's a few ideas...

Make Ike obscenely fast.
Give Mario disproportionally large hitboxes. Even more so than snakes.
Make Kirby's swallow a spike.
Give Bowser's fire breath powerful knockback and reduce all lag.
Give Diddy 5 bananas.
Give Snake 5 grenades.
Make Falco's laser really fast.
Make Pika's quick attack have forward smash knockback and do 40%.
Make C. Falcon epic.
Make Gdorf's Ftilt (Sparta Kick) kill at 10%.

And...

Increase all hitstun by 50%.

:falcon: - YES!

NNID
Budget_Player
Just found an issue with Jigglypuff.

If you use Rest, the opponent has a chance to hit you after they respawn. Usually this works as a balancing measure, but when many characters have a hard-to-hit 1-hit KO move regardless of damage...

Specifically when there are 2 Jigglypuffs, you can potentially run the match down in a matter of seconds by trading off Rests. KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! KRIIING!!! GAME! Hmm... IASA on hit maybe?
IASA on hit would be a good idea. It actually should have that...

This already sounds like a better idea than brawl+ and balanced brawl. I hope to play a beta someday or better yet the full completed version
I hope so too. :V

Seriously, I'll be lucky if I even get to play the alpha before we're far past it. That's how far back my **** region is.

For DDD- Don't change his chain grab. I think there are better more original ways to break him, and it won't take much. We just need to revise his lesser used moves.
Forward smash- Brawl+ took a very interesting route, one taken right out of Guilty Gear's Potekmon. Its something a broken D3 will need, but not on Forward smash. Give this move a lot of invincibility frames similar to A.B.A.'s Danzai, which can be read about here
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5409
By doing this, you break his forward smash, without it just being LOL I use it, end game. I still think that we should keep some design logic in the way we are breaking the charecters. Making Ganon as fast as Falcon is NOT the kind of thing we want. So, give D3 invincibility so he can charge this through attacks, but its still super slow, so give it to hits, one hit will suck them in to the sweet spot, and the second hit will be the hammer falling, making it to where it is litterally designed to be used as I am describing, to forsee an on going attack, make D3s body a hitbox with a set knockback right in the sweet spot of the hammer, and then kill em.

Dash Attack- Here is where the unblockable auto trip move needs to be. This attack is just fast enough to be useful to auto trip grounded opponents. It should hit any grounded opponents, and gives D3 a good chance to set up against projectile charecters that he generally has trouble with. Now, Olimar can no longer sit peacfully, because D3 will have a chance to trip him and set up for a number of things on him. Snake can no longer blindy throw gernades at him. It fixes his approach problem, and adds to his tech chase ability. Just make sure he can't do it to infinite.

Upsmash- Let's make this a defensive move. Create a hitbox that trails the upsmash, I'm not sure what effect you would want to use, but make it rational, no dark or fire or anything like that. Make it end with him having this protective hit bubble around him. Upsmash can't kill, and is too slow to truly punish. So this provides a useful reimagining of an other wise bland move.

Side b- The Waddle throw. Good, agaisnt 1/3rd of the cast. However, I don't see much a reason to change it. The one change I would make was allow D3 to recover health by swallowing his minions.

Jet Hammer- Jet Hammer is an odd attack. There isn't much special about it, despite about how flashy it is. I have a suggestion-

You see his **** hitbubble? Make that hit bubble be a spike. Its crazy I know, but DDD needs a slightly more reliable spike hitbox. Do it.

Upair- Make the last hit spike. You can escape with DI of course, but D3 still needs a spike.

Well, that's my suggestions. I'll consider and submit more for other characters soon.
Thanks for the tips. Most of them seem awesome.

Also: D*** SPIKE F*** YEAH

I love this idea so much. Here's a few ideas...

Make Ike obscenely fast.
Give Mario disproportionally large hitboxes. Even more so than snakes.
Make Kirby's swallow a spike.
Give Bowser's fire breath powerful knockback and reduce all lag.
Give Diddy 5 bananas.
Give Snake 5 grenades.
Make Falco's laser really fast.
Make Pika's quick attack have forward smash knockback and do 40%.
Make C. Falcon epic.
Make Gdorf's Ftilt (Sparta Kick) kill at 10%.

And...

Increase all hitstun by 50%.

:falcon: - YES!
HAVE YOU SEEN THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL GOOD MAN? Falcon IS epic. ****ing epic. I'm trying to do some of the ideas there already, but the 'naners and 'nades are hard to mess with. So are all projectiles. And giving QA FSmash knockback is just silly. Like, seriously-that's absolutely impossible to get around. Mario's Fsmash is getting a bigger hitbox I think... And Ike... I dunno.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Actually, we can Give Falcon and other characters that need combos without changing the hitstun for the entire cast.

The best example I can think of is changing the properties on his side b in the air. If you don't make him go into a fall mode, this opens up a number of things.

1. His recovery is improved while his gimp game is also improved.
2. When landed on a grounded opponent, he can now land a knee afterwords. Sexy.
3. At low percents I believe it could also lead to other combos against aerial opponents, like a fast fall Bair and a upair.

If we change the properties on some of the other moves as well we can also give him combos. I believe the best combos you could give him are combos out of grab.

Give down air a footstool jump property and increases its spike power, and make charecters bounce high off the ground when the hit it. This will set up into a number of combos at high percents.

Let's give Falcon a HUGE fake out game. Let's make Falcon punch, side b on ground, and falcon kick the ability to cancel. I'd recommend that by holding down b you can maek falcon do the begining animation, but as long as you don't release B, the attack will not come out.

Make neutral air cancelable into upair and make upair drag the opponent infront of Falcon. What does this lead too? A powerful combo set that goes neutral air upair neutral air upair knee.

Falcon's proiroity problems can be solved very easily: WITH FIRE! By giving many of his attacks a disjointed fire hitbox similar to the effects on his flacon kick, we will increase his priority. We could also experiment with the hitstun it causes to allow Falcon to space and use the fire hitbox as a set up into some deadly combos.

Now for a very, very radical change. Change the dash attack into a sort of Falcon Launcher. What I mean is that when the dash attack hits, it will send them soaring high above screen at a set knockback, and a set hitstun, so they will fly above screen, and fall back down allowing Captain Falcon to pull off some very flashy combos. If you are having trouble imaging what I am talking about, it goes like this: Captain Falcon connects with his dash attack, the opponent is launched straight upward incredibly fast, but not to where they die, just enough to go off screen, they then fall back down very quickly, setting Falcon up for a combo.

Oh, and let's change up B too. No more grab, make it the opposite of Falcon Kick in the air. Let's have him charge forward in a quick blaze.

Now we see how deadly Falcon can be without changing hitstun at all. Combos galore, flashy, and has decent priority where he needs it, as well as taken some major spacing skill to play.

JOE!

Smash Hero
but then it's not really falcon anymore..

changing how uair and upB works is something me don likey :(

Rikana

Smash Champion
I just watched some of the videos and wow. This project looks amazing. I'd definitely play it for fun with friends. It just too amazing not to. It won't replace Brawl+ for me but I'm supporting this project for sure.

Some ideas I'd like to throw out there just to help along the way.

Jigglypuff: make her lullaby have a huge hitbox and you can't block it. You're only affected when on ground and within the hitbox.

Rest is basically a 1 hit ko. Obviously "1 hit ko" moves in smash games aren't really "1 hit ko" since you can SDI to a tech or have some kind of object to stop you from flying. But, rest shouldn't be a break on shields, maybe just give it a huge knockback even on shield.

That's basically her metagame.. lol all her other attacks are just used as decoys/mixups to get into a rest.
So.. any thoughts on these? I like the lullaby idea. It was discussed way back in april in the Brawl+ chatroom. We were just messing around and I really loved the idea.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think the current falcon build is not only solid, it's pretty epic. I'm pretty sure SideB doesn't go into specialfall after hitting in the air; if it does, I have a word to speak to kirk. :V
Where are the videos? I don't see a link in the OP.

changing how uair and upB works is something me don likey
I'm not actually changing how is upair works, just changing the direction of its knock back to allow for combos.

I've registered and will express my other ideas on the site.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No, it's all private.

And I want Falcon's upB to cancel into anything (knee!!!) except itself.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Even with 'Show me your moves!', the long hold is still... missing something. Maybe make explodey effects?

Also, hitboxes where you can't see them isn't cool. Maybe Falcon Punch should include 2 Falcon GFX, one for the main part and one enlarged effect a tiny bit later for the expanded hitbox? Or make the Falcon explode!

JOE!

Smash Hero
the Up B should only pause for the duration of "Show me yuh moves"

afterwards, in super-slow mo they split apart, and an explosion (with :falcon:'s symbol within it) appears behind them with the falcon screech from falcon punch.

after a second the opponent takes epic KB at normal speed

the explosion is also a secondary hitbox

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Hey, maybe the epic 1-hit kill moves (Warlock Punch, Rest) could also have HUGE cinematic lag as well as a zoom-in effect on hit. Or maybe a Dragoon/Light Arrow zoom, although I don't think we know how to do that yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom