• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Melee came five months later in Europe. Dec 2001 for the US, May 2002 for Europe.

Knowing Nintendo, it'll be just the same this time around. I'm having low expectations already.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Who wants to make a 20 dollar bet with me that it gets delayed? I can almost gaurantee it will be. I don't remember Nintendo ever releasing a high profile title on time, and I thought he said he wanted to take his time on this one, seems very fast.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Who wants to make a 20 dollar bet with me that it gets delayed? I can almost gaurantee it will be. I don't remember Nintendo ever releasing a high profile title on time, and I thought he said he wanted to take his time on this one, seems very fast.
Well, since it was suppost to release at Launch, this is quite a delay in itself. Anymore delays would be madness.

Caael

Smash Lord
Melee came five months later in Europe. Dec 2001 for the US, May 2002 for Europe.

Knowing Nintendo, it'll be just the same this time around. I'm having low expectations already.
That's just gay. I'm so pissed off about this. I do NOT want to wait ANOTHER year for Brawl, as I was expecting a december release for Europe, and Nov/oct for America.

Why does Britain have to be part of the god**** EU? I am not waiting till ****ing MAY next year for Brawl. I do not have good patience, and the very latest I am accepting Brawl for Europe is February. Any longer and i'm buying an import Wii and Brawl.

I am going to laugh so hard if Brawl is released here before America.

D

Deleted member

That's just gay. I'm so pissed off about this. I do NOT want to wait ANOTHER year for Brawl, as I was expecting a december release for Europe, and Nov/oct for America.

Why does Britain have to be part of the god**** EU? I am not waiting till ****ing MAY next year for Brawl. I do not have good patience, and the very latest I am accepting Brawl for Europe is February. Any longer and i'm buying an import Wii and Brawl.
Erm, CAP?

Seriously that sucks. Okay, I moan a lot, but I'm gonna almost be a ****ing true adult before I get this game!

Cmon datel. Fanboy hopes rest on a Wii Freeloader.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Murphy's law states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Even though I know it won't be delayed.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow...9 pages so quickly...anyway, Dec. 3 is good. It's not GREAT. I mean, whoo it's not next year, but we pretty much already knew that. At least we know an exact date now.

Dewd...I'm so failing my finals, which are the week right after that comes out..:(

the grim lizard

Smash Master
EdreesesPieces said:
Murphy's law states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Even though I know it won't be delayed.
Have you been sleeping under a rock, man? It already WAS delayed. It was supposed to be a launch title...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This probably has been said before, but I'm thinking that Nintendo choose this date, specifically, so that its North American release is EXACTLY 6 years after Melee's North American release. 12/3/01 to 12/3/07...that can't just be coincidence. If it's like that for EU and AUS as well, then I feel sorry for the people there.

So anyways...4 Months, 22 days (145 days) and counting...

Florida

イーグランツ
Oh dear, I feel bad for you mods today. You must be putting up with tons of spam as it already is. I just got done watching Reggie (was it?) discuss some of the Nintendo games, including Brawl. That mini-trailer made me happy, Dk's fur looks much detailed, and not just shiny plastic anymore.Fox's FireFox seems to be a lot faster, and he also spins during it.

December 3rd gives me time to save up for the game, and I'm so glad that it turned out to be near Christmas time. Can't wait for more featuring Brawl.

EDIT:

Madness?!

Sparta.... etc...
Sigging this.

Salaad

Smash Ace
^Better than nothing. Why do people always do that?

It's like being Homeless and a man offers you a burger, but you say no cause you want Steak...

Any info or screens/videos we get is better than nothing.

Go to game trailers for the info...

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
world wide release would be better... but hey! 2008 for Germany is nice, too... more or less...

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
why would they delay it again? i mean it still possible, but i dont think it will happen. they are giving out all this info and they are just going make us sad again by popping up out of nowhere and saying its delayed it?

highly unlikely.

dec 3 is brawl day...and thats final.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
december third. when i was watching the trailer, i thought it was going to end right before he said the release date. i really didn't see it coming, but it was awesome. i wonder the exact amount of days?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone said they saw DK in the mini trailer,but I didn't,who also did? Also,he said more Brawl stuff!(I'm assuming in E3)

Someone's need to find that song "The Final Countdown".
Off topic but I had to post it anyway.

While I was reading this post, a commercial for the CD Monsters of Rock was on the TV. As I got to the last line, I hear the line coming from the TV. "It's the final countdoooooown."

That was just creepy.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Does anyone have any good guesses as to when the PAL version will be released? Thats the Australian and new zealand version..

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
All of us in the PAL regions need to come together and sign a massive petition. This message will be sent to Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe, beseeching them to push for a universal release. I mean, honestly, how difficult could it be to do the unnecessary translations and the coding and whatnot? I think it is obscene that we were made to wait months for SSBM, and that we have been made to wait for prominent first-party releases such as Super Paper Mario. There is no good reason for this. Halo 3 will launch in the EU on the day after its release, presumably in a few of the more widely spoken languages. Has it yet occurred to Nintendo that the translation and coding for other regions can be done before the initial release?

Microsoft and Bungie have seen that their flagship title is available to everyone within a few days of the American release; why can't Nintendo do the same? Nintendo is an immense company ( larger than just Microsoft's Game Studios) with many resources and they would definitely have enough people and time to get this done. There is no good reason for delays, for the work involved in making these games available to the world should not be so time-consuming given Nintendo's size. We can ascribe such delays to poor planning and a simple lack of concern for the smaller and therefore less lucrative markets.

I love Nintendo's games, but this aspect of them infuriates me; their inability to make games available to people in all regions. I saw their E3 press conference live, they professed to have a huge interest in expanding their user base; well Nintendo, I submit to you that you have too long neglected your fans in the PAL regions, and we are displeased. We don't want to wait five months longer than the Americans for games such as Brawl; we want to be enjoying them at the same time, perhaps playing such games with them online or at least discussing them excitedly.

We don't want to wait until next year. Nintendo has not yet delivered to the PAL regions a truly great game for the Wii thus far this year. We will have no memories of a truly excellent game being released this year; the Americans will. Our only desire has been to have a small gap between NTSC and PAL releases but this has not been satisfied. Microsoft Game Studios will manage it this year with their flagship title Halo 3, even though Microsoft Game Studios is in itself much smaller than Nintendo. Why should we wait for such important games as Super Smash Bros Brawl. Why should we wait?

(We could write an eloquent letter to Nintendo with a few kilometres of signatures but it would alter nothing. You know, bugger this plan, I'll just get me a freeloader disc or something of the sort)

Addendum: If I hear one more American whinge about the release date I'll go spare. You know we'll have to wait five months longer again; you have your holiday release, for God's sake.

Top Bottom