• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i can't believe how fast this thread has grown. i mean i saw it when they had the brawl info, and 12 hours later, it's already around 11 pages.

shows how much we love brawl. DECEMBER 3RD!!!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
GRAH, broke away from my grounding, my mom was watching top chef and I just walked away...

Yeah, that sucks for you pal guys, I hate that wait, and it is longer for you :( :urg:

Nintendo, remember the phneumonics, PAL is our pal!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
with more to come. reggie said in an extended video that this only the beginning of news to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_M4TslkAI&NR=1
well yeah, the site will show more news. i think that is what he was trying to say, that the site will give more info, but that's obvious. but maybe more will be shown at E3 still.

and HOLY CRAP!!! there was more footage in that movie! i mean Pika kicked the sh*t out of DK and Mario, Giga Bowser was chasing Pika, and Link's Final Smash! why haven't anyone else shown this?!

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
It really is a pity that Nintendo has taken this path time and time again. A universal release for Brawl would not be difficult but they didn't even attempt it for Melee and I seriously doubt they will this time (the official announcement of 'Brawl in 2008 for Europe' over here http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/e32007/enGB/pr_releaselist.html clinches it). I wouldn't actually mind trying an appeal to Nintendo but it probably wouldn't have any effect. Unless we had a whole lot of eloquence and about a million signatures they wouldn't pay any attention. I really don't know why they can't be bothered to make the releases simultaneous or close to that. It wouldn't be that difficult; Halo 3 is going to be released in Japan two days after the American release. Nintendo should observe this, learn from this and actually try a bit harder with localisation.

Blackadder

Smash Master
All of us in the PAL regions need to come together and sign a massive petition. This message will be sent to Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe, beseeching them to push for a universal release. I mean, honestly, how difficult could it be to do the unnecessary translations and the coding and whatnot? I think it is obscene that we were made to wait months for SSBM, and that we have been made to wait for prominent first-party releases such as Super Paper Mario. There is no good reason for this. Halo 3 will launch in the EU on the day after its release, presumably in a few of the more widely spoken languages. Has it yet occurred to Nintendo that the translation and coding for other regions can be done before the initial release?

Microsoft and Bungie have seen that their flagship title is available to everyone within a few days of the American release; why can't Nintendo do the same? Nintendo is an immense company ( larger than just Microsoft's Game Studios) with many resources and they would definitely have enough people and time to get this done. There is no good reason for delays, for the work involved in making these games available to the world should not be so time-consuming given Nintendo's size. We can ascribe such delays to poor planning and a simple lack of concern for the smaller and therefore less lucrative markets.

I love Nintendo's games, but this aspect of them infuriates me; their inability to make games available to people in all regions. I saw their E3 press conference live, they professed to have a huge interest in expanding their user base; well Nintendo, I submit to you that you have too long neglected your fans in the PAL regions, and we are displeased. We don't want to wait five months longer than the Americans for games such as Brawl; we want to be enjoying them at the same time, perhaps playing such games with them online or at least discussing them excitedly.

We don't want to wait until next year. Nintendo has not yet delivered to the PAL regions a truly great game for the Wii thus far this year. We will have no memories of a truly excellent game being released this year; the Americans will. Our only desire has been to have a small gap between NTSC and PAL releases but this has not been satisfied. Microsoft Game Studios will manage it this year with their flagship title Halo 3, even though Microsoft Game Studios is in itself much smaller than Nintendo. Why should we wait for such important games as Super Smash Bros Brawl. Why should we wait?

(We could write an eloquent letter to Nintendo with a few kilometres of signatures but it would alter nothing. You know, bugger this plan, I'll just get me a freeloader disc or something of the sort)

Addendum: If I hear one more American whinge about the release date I'll go spare. You know we'll have to wait five months longer again; you have your holiday release, for God's sake.
Thats a pretty extreem thing to do there, buddy.
I suggest giving up, and just taking it as it happens.
We have to wait an extra 2 months, but it happens...
It'shell, I know, but sending petitions won't do jack****.

Salaad

Smash Ace
For all you wanting to reserve Brawl, it will be reservable tomorrow at Gamestop, that is all.

Wdfux up with Ninty? UK can read enligsh and so can Australians. xD except you guys call a cell-phone a Mobile....big wh00p.

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
Thats a pretty extreem thing to do there, buddy.
I suggest giving up, and just taking it as it happens.
We have to wait an extra 2 months, but it happens...
It'shell, I know, but sending petitions won't do jack****.
I know it wouldn't do a thing, but somehow Nintendo is going to have to realise that they are doing a poor job at localising games and that they need to hurry up.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Big deal, if you want the game so bad order it from a place in the U.S and get it delivered overseas.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I know it wouldn't do a thing, but somehow Nintendo is going to have to realise that they are doing a poor job at localising games and that they need to hurry up.
I know...it's frustrating.
We got diamond and Pearl SO much later than anywere else.
The best I can do is get an early copy of Ebay..

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
Big deal, if you want the game so bad order it from a place in the U.S and get it delivered overseas.
The Wii is region-locked; NTSC games will not work on a PAL Wii. I am not aware of any modding solutions for the Wii that could subvert the region-locking and freeloading software could be be controlled by Wii updates from Nintendo as people have said.

If you in fact have an infallible solution to get around this region-locking problem then please share it with us. If not, you are just speaking out of complete ignorance of the region-specific coding and you shouldn't speak about importing at all.

I know...it's frustrating.
We got diamond and Pearl SO much later than anywere else.
The best I can do is get an early copy of Ebay..
Well, the thing is, the DS is region free so imported software can easily be played on systems here. This is not true of the Wii, however.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
If the spread the releases over a span of time, it will keep the sales up for longer.
This way, by e3 08, they can boast how many sales their best games got
Europe just seems to always get the short end of the deal.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you freakin want it soooo bad order it from US, it'll get there.
Geez, don't bother us with you're crying about it being released later.

Blackadder

Smash Master
We can't order it from the U.S.

We use the PAL version.
Not the...whatever one you use. XD

JFox

Smash Hero
Man I am super excited. I hope they release more info on the game/online play.(or lack of if that will be the case)

edit: oh cool. 2000 posts.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hoping for a new trailer by the end of the week.
Come on Nintendo, be fair.

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
I'll reiterate. The Wii is region locked. Our games use PAL encoding, yours are NTSC. US games don't work on Australian Wiis, you fool.

When will people get it?

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
Never, my good sir.
Bah, well, I guess we just have to settle for a long wait eh?
I suppose. The thing is, from December 3 until the PAL release I'll have to stay off the internets. Why? Because there'll be Brawl info everywhere and I don't want anything spoilt for me. Everything will be unlocked on every American copy by the time we get the game.

Nacreloo

Smash Rookie
I'll reiterate. The Wii is region locked. Our games use PAL encoding, yours are NTSC. US games don't work on Australian Wiis, you fool.

When will people get it?
so, order an American Wii as well? I'm pretty sure Australian electricity isn't any different from ours...

or is it...
I always thought Australia was home to aliens who blended in among the natives...
ah, never mind.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I suppose. The thing is, from December 3 until the PAL release I'll have to stay off the internets. Why? Because there'll be Brawl info everywhere and I don't want anything spoilt for me. Everything will be unlocked on every American copy by the time we get the game.
*sigh*
I know, thats what I was thinking myself.
It'll be hard as hell though.
the temptation...

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
so, order an American Wii as well? I'm pretty sure Australian electricity isn't any different from ours...

or is it...
I always thought Australia was home to aliens who blended in among the natives...
ah, never mind.
We have different sockets and voltages but we can use adaptors. Thing is, I'm not buying another Wii at this point.

*sigh*
I know, thats what I was thinking myself.
It'll be hard as hell though.
the temptation...
Yeah. I suppose if Sakurai didn't announce a character I want, such as Ridley, I'd want to see if the character could be unlocked.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
Yea I was hoping that they would at least keep one character secret, mostly the wtf character (ie Ness, Mr. G&W) but seems like Sakurai is planning on revealing most of the game. I expected it would be around Christmas but it is nice to finally see a release date for sure. but I won't be able to wait those extra 22 days.

I feel sorry for everyone who is getting it later with any possible undisclosed information already spoiled but happy I will have it on the 3rd

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
wow finally the release date!!!! well I live in south america jajajaja but i always buy any game by amazon.com lol! and I paid for smash 3 months before (thanx to me) so I just want to wait 1 week after from the release date and finally play smash brawl!! but it's true, why Nintendo doesnt launch the game in all the world tha same day, or with a difference of few days!?? come on is a fu%&@ translation... its a big deal?? i dont think so... and... i'm sad because I was hoping for smash on October snif.. ='(

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm hoping they do release Brawl on the same day everywhere, it's very annoying that America gets everything before Europe, apart from strikers charged.

I mean, how long can it take to translate the very little text and speech that Brawl has into the european languages? I would understand if it took ages to translate an RPG with voice acting, but Brawl? It's stupid!

Wow. It's being released on my birthday.

GREAT BIRTHDAY, OR GREATEST BIRTHDAY?

Seriously,someone should send this guy a free copy of brawl when it's released.

W00T!!! I'm happy with this release.

@European gamers: I wouldn't be so suprised,this always happens.Perhaps you can get a Wii free loader.If not,I guess you're just going to endure the wait.I can feel your pain,for it would be painful to watch others play it,have tournaments,celebrations,youtube video's etc. while you can't really do anything about it.

Let's hope the wait isn't longer than a month.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* it's about another 5 months till the release :urg: .....but i've waited this long what's another 5 months

Top Bottom