• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Salaad

Smash Ace
I'm waiting until Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, then Super Mario Galaxy then Brawl. I just reserved all 3 today. At the moment I am taking Summer school till Metroid Comes out basically. After Brawl I'm buying Mario Kart Wii FOR SURE.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I still need to reserve them. :( But after today's no show of a trailer, I don't know if I want to anymore. :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mario kart wii looks awesome and the levels are sweet (Looks like lots of old levels are returning).

And only a matter of time before they reveal that MK level from the November trailer.

BTW (w00t 900)

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
MK is SOOOOOOOOOOOO far away. Another few months after Brawl comes out, then we MIGHT have it, lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the brits and australians have been getting a few things before us americans. i know they got mario strikers charged, and i really want that game. plus they got paper mario on the virtual console today.

hey you guys are stepping up in the video game world.

still i'm waiting on reservations at my gamestop. the website says galaxy can be preordered, but i want to go in and preorder BOTH galaxy and brawl. hopefully tomorrow can bring something

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Fact that europe always xxx months later then USA is, is what we got use to it from Nintendo.
(asking why is useless, I still waitting for the answer I asked about N64) The 5 months extra is not really a big deal compared what to IF they again make difference between Pal & ntsc!!!!!!

Game Cube I had both US version and Pal. When have tournaments, specially finals, always play on US version. Example, Pal serion Marth is much more lightweighted. Maybe is a minior thing, but why the difference?

That was ingame, about the online part...a Pal player never able fight someone using ntsc?

I hope Nintendo make research about the total Wii sells a person had bought.
2nd wii, here I come!!!! (maybe a 3th wii wich is modified and a 4th wii to examinate what is inside and very likely a 5th wii for my grandpa oh boy.)

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
Ok Guys

Animal Crossing Stage

Animal Crossing Icon

Animal Crossing Character

Tom Nook?

no

a designable character?

Yes

Caael

Smash Lord
And that hs what to do with the release date? Besides, the icon could just be used for an AC, which i'm guessing will be resetti or blathers.

Why is Reggie so gay? Why couldn't he announce the Japan release date and the Europe release date? Grr!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah we all know when the brawl for america is coming out but when is the one for britain going to be coming out. i dont want to be on smashboards and hearing all you americans talkin about how great the game is lol

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just got such a shock.
I was on IGN, and my eye caught the release dates:
"december 3rd, yeah, I know that, but what about the PAL-"
Then I saw Europe: September 2007.
"Holy crap! YES! Ah, no wait, thats before december, that can't be right."
IGN=IGNorant.
Just to show how much they now.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dont doubt it! I hope it is out by then!
Lol, I know buddy, but were screwed...
Unless Nintendo annouces we get 3 days after America, I'm going to have to kill myself during the extra waiting period.
It's really annoying really, I mean, what do they have to do?
Change the word "cell phone" to mobile phone, and you have the PAL version, in a nutshell.
But it looks like were up for a late Jan release, I think.

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
And that hs what to do with the release date? Besides, the icon could just be used for an AC, which i'm guessing will be resetti or blathers.

Why is Reggie so gay? Why couldn't he announce the Japan release date and the Europe release date? Grr!
Reggie is the president of Nintendo of America. E3 is an expo that is attended by the American entertainment media (mostly). It would never have crossed his mind to announce the other dates even if they had been defined because he wouldn't have thought it relevant.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
It was awesome when I found out the release date...because that is my Brothers birthday! That will probably be a favorite gift for him.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Mario Kart looks to be one of the best games for Wii. Not just what's already out, but will ever be out. Online Baby!!!! Yayuhhhz

700 Posts FTW

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Is there any proof for Mario kart? I for one am waiting for mario tennis, hopefully they'll let you move your character. I guess mario kart might come out for the wii, like the 64 and G-cube. Most likely all those similiar games will come out. It would be awesome. :)

mario-man

Smash Lord
I suppose that's true, but there's just something different about RACING somebody on the other side of the country, continent, or even the world. It's a weird feeling. You'd think it'd be the same for any game but, again, just something special about kart racing......

Oh, btw, YES there is proof. Go to e3.nintendo.com. There's about a 75 minute webcast of the press conference at E3.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Well at least we have full proof of the release date in the USA, no matter how far away in time it is. We don't have to make up dates like others do. But true, we have no idea on the others release dates. :)

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
True, making a 2D style game for wii would ruin the prospect and the controls would be off also. Leave it for the hand-held games, to stay with the 2D graphics. But Brawl is way ahead of Advance wars in my book.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yay, all I need is $50 and its good! and someone to send it to me.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
The reason we get it so much later than America..is because it needs translated into German/French/Spanish and w/e other languages there are that use PAL before we get the game T_T

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
The reason we get it so much later than America..is because it needs translated into German/French/Spanish and w/e other languages there are that use PAL before we get the game T_T
The thing is, that would really take no time at all (the Super Smash Bros games are not text-heavy). Nintendo's just too slow with localisation, that's all.

I see people elsewhere in the forums have started a petition for the inclusion of online play and are sending emails to Nintendo of America. I think that is far less realistic than pushing for a universal release date or at least an earlier PAL release. Localising a game like Brawl would not be hard work. Fine-tuning online play would be.

Which actually raises another point; could the inclusion of online play push the PAL release further back? They'd have to work on getting the Wiis in the PAL region to connect to the Wi-Fi Connection with Brawl. This could be a bit of work and they certainly won't start this work until early '08 under the current conditions.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I thought american versions came preloaded with all the languages... what languages did my SSBM have?

Top Bottom