• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Caael

Smash Lord
The thing is, that would really take no time at all (the Super Smash Bros games are not text-heavy). Nintendo's just too slow with localisation, that's all.

I see people elsewhere in the forums have started a petition for the inclusion of online play and are sending emails to Nintendo of America. I think that is far less realistic than pushing for a universal release date or at least an earlier PAL release. Localising a game like Brawl would not be hard work. Fine-tuning online play would be.

Which actually raises another point; could the inclusion of online play push the PAL release further back? They'd have to work on getting the Wiis in the PAL region to connect to the Wi-Fi Connection with Brawl. This could be a bit of work and they certainly won't start this work until early '08 under the current conditions.
Maybe this is why Brawl wasn't in the list of online games. It's got a close deadline in industry sense, so could the American release date be so close because they're almost done? Online would take loads of work and they would have to delay it even futher, which they dont want to do.

If PAL had online, they'd have to make it compatable with the American Wii's, because some games which are region locked cant go online with a different region (Strikers charged). DS's dont have this problem, because the games aren't region locked ( And I can play American DS games on my DS with no problems)

All in all, I dont think that Brawl will have online, because a) they would have announced it, b) It would require more time and for the date to be pushed back and c) It wouldn't be 'fully' online because you wouldn't be able to play othe people around the world.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
Gonna pre-order mine as soon as I set aside some money, I really cant wait though. I was really hopeing it would be out in sept/nov but at least dec will let me focus on school for a few months lol

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Gonna pre-order mine as soon as I set aside some money, I really cant wait though. I was really hopeing it would be out in sept/nov but at least dec will let me focus on school for a few months lol

lol well, this year is my senior year and it's going to rock a lot cuz of Brawl coming out. I already got it alll planned out XD

Salaad

Smash Ace
This is VERY unusual thing for Nintendo to do. Brawl is being released on a Monday, most people would say "So what?". But Nintendo releases most of it's big games (Pokemon) on Sundays. The Wii was released on a Sunday too. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is also being released on a Monday. Super Mario Galaxy is being released on a Monday and Brawl is being released on a Monday, I'm starting to see a new trend, hopefully it won't last cause Mondays are always bad days for me.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah man.. Makes me wonder (If I every gave a **** about you).. lol sorry listening to Music.. But I wonder if I'll have school that day.. Oh doesn't matter... My bro graduated and he can pick it up if he doesn't have school that day.. Woot.

Hope it will be easy to find, I'm not the kind of person that reserves games. I just like working around the edges and finding it else where than typical places.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Just because Nintendo is releasing the game on a Monday dosen't mean you can't get your copy after school and such. It may be different, but it's still a full relaese date, which will probably be postponed, (like a lot of others). But if not, My brother is so lucky, because it comes out his birthday and he might get it really fast. But even so, I still can not wait for brawl. :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I work at Best Buy, and knowing them, they will probably receive/release Wednesday afternoon (December 5). It may be similar for other game vendors as well.

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Can anyone tell me if there is any upcoming gaming events in Europe where they may anounce the european release date?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I work at Best Buy, and knowing them, they will probably receive/release Wednesday afternoon (December 5). It may be similar for other game vendors as well.
That is why they get shipped before the release date. It is also why some places will sell them before they are supposed to.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
w00t for the AMERICAS!
By the way, can someone PM me a SICK myspace countdown to the release date of Brawl? preferably with a Brawl logo as the background of the countdown please.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
So that means in September and November i'll have to have REALLY! grades because December 3, school shall be taking a back seat.

Dang you Nintendo.
Agreed. My grades won't suffer too bad though because it will be my senior year and I'm taking a cake schedule. I'm planning on skipping school the day brawl comes out anways (assuming i have school that day). I have to be the first of my friends to unlock everything.

BudDudandSlash

Smash Apprentice
Mario Strikers holds me over through August.
Metroid Prime 3 holds me until September.
Phoenix Wright 3 holds me until October.
Battalion Wars 2 holds me over until November.
Super Mario Galaxy holds me over until Brawl.

Thanks, Nintendo. You're the best parents ever. :)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
So it was YOU that ruined E3 this year? THANKS. Just kidding, all I was asking for was the release date. But, I would have gladly taken some new info. Nintendo could at least have given us a new trailer (longer than the 15 second piece of crap they gave us). *sugh* Another 138 days to go....

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
But why would you want to ADD time? Don't you want Brawl to be here sooner? But just so you know 138 days and 9 hours...

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I'm SO jealous right now, I guess us Europeans are going to be getting it mid 2008 or later (as usual).
Unless Nintendo can do what they did with the Wii launch, i'll be severely disappointed, you American gamers will have to spoil it for us and tell us what it's like in the meantime :laugh:

nuro

Smash Lord
I'm SO jealous right now, I guess us Europeans are going to be getting it mid 2008 or later (as usual).
Unless Nintendo can do what they did with the Wii launch, i'll be severely disappointed, you American gamers will have to spoil it for us and tell us what it's like in the meantime :laugh:
Ouch.

I love how much America is so much more consumerist than other countries. Its so bad that brawl is coming out here before it is in Japan. Kind of funny.

At least other countries have better Health Care? Sorry trying to help you look at the brightside. XD

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Ouch.

I love how much America is so much more consumerist than other countries. Its so bad that brawl is coming out here before it is in Japan. Kind of funny.

At least other countries have better Health Care? Sorry trying to help you look at the brightside. XD
I guess, Britain's is still pretty bad :p

Games over surgery any day :laugh:

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
im pissed. i went to my local gamestop, and theyre like 'sorry we're not taking reservations yet because we want to find out how many copies of the game we're getting first.' now im going to have to go back every day to check to see when theyre starting.

anybody else have similar problems with other stores???

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Dude, I have been pissin' them off by calling them. They told me to wait a week on Saturday, but I couldn't wait that long. So, I called today... and no reservations. *sugh* I must call everyday.

By the way: If you go to gamestop.com there is a store locater with their respective phone numbers. This way you wont have to waste gas =).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
im pissed. i went to my local gamestop, and theyre like 'sorry we're not taking reservations yet because we want to find out how many copies of the game we're getting first.' now im going to have to go back every day to check to see when theyre starting.

happened to me today. although the info i got kinda sucks. they said wait until a month before release for info on copies.

so yeah, reserve in november ftw?

(same with galaxy, which sucks too. october is a long way away)

Same exact problem with my GameStop.

So annoying. >___>

mario-man

Smash Lord
Guys, this was supposed to be a release title so...it has been SEVERELY delayed already. Why wasn't it, cuz they were still working on the online part.
Problem solved.

Top Bottom