• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
whoa!! at least it's during the holiday season which I really like, I would get it online like others but I rather go out and handpick my own copy of Brawl which I will really value alot!

psyt

Smash Journeyman
whoa!! at least it's during the holiday season which I really like, I would get it online like others but I rather go out and handpick my own copy of Brawl which I will really value alot!
exactly, i dont want to be ansy about the mail, as soon as its out i want to go get it with my bare hands.... rawr >.>

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think I have finals that week. =/ Or maybe it's the week after, but anyways..I really want a midnight release so I can be playing Brawl ASAP. I'm calling in sick that day for sure. xD

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about it, being half way through the year, only 4-5 months to go, At least the December 3rd thing didn't say 2008...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Gamestop will begin taking reservations for Brawl soon, once the store allocations have been assigned.

I'll post when this happens, assuming someone else doesn't before I do.

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
I really don't get it.
made in Japan and even then release in the US first.
As they plan to release on there anniversary of SSBM, ok. But then let everyone enjoy and celeb together. What are they thinking.
There is no single reason I can find why SSBB not release world wide. Anyone?

If you say Europe version/manual book etc takes more time, then wait til Europe version is done and release together.

If you say it's because they have to release on the anniversary, we european can only see fire works and smell sweet pie from distance. Don't worry, we will get the left overs and fire works on youtube.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I really don't get it.
made in Japan and even then release in the US first.
As they plan to release on there anniversary of SSBM, ok. But then let everyone enjoy and celeb together. What are they thinking.
There is no single reason I can find why SSBB not release world wide. Anyone?

If you say Europe version/manual book etc takes more time, then wait til Europe version is done and release together.

If you say it's because they have to release on the anniversary, we european can only see fire works and smell sweet pie from distance. Don't worry, we will get the left overs and fire works on youtube.

It depends on the demand that each Continent/Country has. When you look at what parts of the world most people play, it will most likely lead to the U.S. I'm not saying that people don't play in other counties, in fact, they do. But I don't think they play as much as U.S. Think about it, would you release your software in a more demanding region or less demanding. And for the Worldwide release, I absolutely agree, there is NO reason not to be a worldwide release. But it also takes SOME time for production, shipment, etc. One other flaw is that a lot of people will have their hands on SSBB while I live in california...where we are behind MOST people.

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the reply Salaad.
US might be the most played/buyers. Busines it is.
Just hope it won't take 3 (or more..) months before got shipped/version done to Europe and else where.

It is possible and doable.
See Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, they are celebrating there 20st anniversary and they want all fans around the world enjoy it without the feeling they are left behind.
In the trailer it said they will release it world wide simoultaneously.
SSB is releasing on there anniversary too, but not let all fans around the world enjoy it simoultaneously....

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
That is a bit of a bummer for others, but if it has to release in one place before all the others, I'm glad it's in the US first.

Salaad

Smash Ace
FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO RESERVE BRAWL, GameStop has put Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl into their computers, I reserved my copy today! (Feel SO good)

So, yeah GameStop~~ALL OF YOU, GO NOW! xD

I want a worldwide release also (Even though I live in U.S.) People shouldn't be left out of this because being left out, is not the Dr. Phil way.

Sacred Vanguard

Smash Rookie
alrighty, im reserving both! >=-)

but all i know is the 3rd is a monday, and i wrote on my calendar "BRAWL DAY, PICK UP, FORGET SCHOOL, PARTY TIME!!!"

and im not going to school that day
that would be a tease to get the game then go to school
or opposite
go to school, AND NOT HAVE THE GAME
AHHH I GO INSANE!!!

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't know about skipping cause it might be finals week for me. But I def. am calling in sick that day if there are no huge tests/Projects/Finals.

Sacred Vanguard

Smash Rookie
ya good point, if there are no projects....or tests...or big assignments...THROW A BRAWL PARTY!!! YAAA! Who else is doing that? It's a monday, don't forget!

Salaad

Smash Ace
...Man...why can't they just release it on a Friday?! that's the BEST day...Is GameStop having midnight releases? I forgot to ask....-.-

kRiSoFoRo

Smash Rookie
Yeah you guys are lucky you live in US, ill have to reserve mine, go to Us and get it, play it somewhere there and come to Mexico again, Ill ask for my vacation on work for those days hehe.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Haha I've been waiting since I first heard it was to be released on the Wii. I actually bought my Wii for this game. >.>

Anyway, I'm glad it's in December so I can ask for some money for X-Mas and go buy it. ;)

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
Haha I've been waiting since I first heard it was to be released on the Wii. I actually bought my Wii for this game. >.>
ME TOO!

But ya, Im just pumped for this game, and I wish they would have put the release date earlier. I bet their only doing that because of the updates. Well, thats only so many people that even LOOK at the updates.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
My finals are on the 3, 4 and 5. And I've been told to not open the game until after my last final on the 5th. I dont know if I can bare that.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
My school has their winter break on the 23rd... because they want to give us time after the holiday to use our stuff, not to go back the 26th...

Little do they know that they are ruining my plans >:(

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
My finals are on the 3, 4 and 5. And I've been told to not open the game until after my last final on the 5th. I dont know if I can bare that.
Sh'ytt,if get the urge,one word can be used via your Avatar to put a stop to that."Enough..":laugh: :laugh: The word from Sir Auron alone to cancel finals,bomb attacks,weddings,partys,:rotfl: Hes Chuck Norris brother,and whatever he saids goes. :laugh:

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
When do you think tournments will start for brawl, and when will the Melee tournments end; Any Ideas?
hmmm, well if brawl is online, i'm sure all the nintendo and videogaming forums will have their own little tournys, and sence the game will still use the gamecube controllers, i'm sure tournys will start swappin after it's release

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
When do you think tournments will start for brawl, and when will the Melee tournments end; Any Ideas?
I believe as soon as it launches maybe with online play nintendo will hold tornaments, as for Melee, of course there are gonna be tourneys even after Brawl's release, I say this because when Melee was around people still had tourneys for SSB and may still be around somewhere even thought it's tourneys for that game dramatically fell, but I believe there will always be some group of people out there holding a tourney for Melee

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else trying to unlock everything before Saturday 8 like I am? I'm going to have a party and I want everything unlocked by then. Unfortunately, I'm supposed to be studying around the time Brawl comes out (I think, I need to check my school schedule).

Midna

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to unlock things at a speed of over 9000.
actually, I'm not.

What I'm going to try and do is see if I can unlock characters without knowing who I unlocked.

for example, I'm going to beat classic mode or whatever, (you always get a character doing that) and see who I unlock. I will then proceed to try various other things (event matches, etc.) until I run out of ideas.

100 posts FTW.

Top Bottom