• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

jbakajustin

Smash Rookie
yes because sonic and mario and mario galxeys and brawl were going to come out about the same time so it would interfear with the other games sales
yeah this makes sense
because you dont want to many great games to all come out at once. "you can only have one" "you just got a game" "you dont need that many"

all quotes from parents. :laugh:, but still the wait will be worth it.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
That is what I've been saying all along. The developers themselves feel that the game isn't quite ready yet.
Be thankfull that they are doing more to make sure your experience of this game is what the have envisioned, and not a broken mess.
Besides, since when have Nintendo become OUR slaves producing games on time at our beckon call?
Listen to yourselves people! They DON'T HAVE to bring out this game you know.
I know I'm going to appreciate it when it finally comes, but i'm not going to kill somebody because I have to wait.
*mutters*
yeah, you've become their unquestioning slaves

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
What I don't get is the fact that the Dojo realeses new info each weekday right, so that would mean they know they have just enough to make it to the realease, So becaue there not gonning to stop updateing the Dojo Dec 3rd, that means they new they where going to delay it, but just didn't tell us? not to mention they would know if its going to be delayed again...

Oh and If nintendo delayed it for sales, I really think they would try to get it out before christmas, games tend to sell alot faster around then for some reason.

Elysium

Smash Lord
The Wii is still fairly new though. Give it like another year when developers are really familar with motion sensing, and the Wii will have some of the best games.
Lets face it, Brawl counts for more than all the Halo's put together and since Halo = Xbox (360) it's same to assume; SSBB > Microsoft(console division)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I agree that it's kinda pointless to argue about why it was delayed, but at least it's providing us with some discussion :laugh:

Lest just pray that 10th Feb really IS the golden date.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
u r stupid
how bout twilight princess
with or without including it, doesn't make a difference. tp wasn't even good, but i won't go into that unless provoked to

Alex Tcp said:
What I don't get is the fact that the Dojo realeses new info each weekday right, so that would mean they know they have just enough to make it to the realease, So becaue there not gonning to stop updateing the Dojo Dec 3rd, that means they new they where going to delay it, but just didn't tell us? not to mention they would know if its going to be delayed again...

Oh and If nintendo delayed it for sales, I really think they would try to get it out before christmas, games tend to sell alot faster around then for some reason.
they could proboly just withhold or add stuff to adjust to the new delay.
the reason they probly waited till after christmas was so the buzz over the halo(which is on THE best next gen system) to lower a bit, because it would have stolen all their sales

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
TP wasn't bad, it just lacked...feeling. All the pieces were in place, it just didn't feel like a Zelda. It just...lacked.

WW was a much better sequel to OoT than TP was, and this is a fact. Hopefully the next Zelda, which'll be designed for the Wii and not split between consoles, will be better.

...anyways. I'm a bit torn in what I hope the delay was for. If it was just for bug squashing , I'd be happy, because it'd mean they're paying attention to that. However, it also means it could be delayed again if it's not up to par. On the other hand, if it was for money, and not Nintendo not wanting to compete with itself, then that's pretty dirty of them, but at least we know it'll come out on the 10th.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i now games sale better before christmas they delyed it because they have no good games to come out after christmas

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

No. They would jst let us figure out the rest on Dec. 3rd. They will give us the character and stage updates.... but stuff like items.. they will leave some of those out probably... at least they would have if it was going to Dec. 3rd. Then they changed the date, and wil there fore update us more. Its that simple. They didn't know they were going to update months before they started. Otehrwise, they wouldn't have told us Dec. 3rd in the first place.

C00kie

Smash Rookie
They delayed it because they know no one is going to buy any other game after Brawl.

At least I'm not buying any. Except for Mario Kart and probably Starfox (if they ever decide to make it like Starfox64 not like the last two crappy games they made for the Gamecube).

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
i now games sale better before christmas they delyed it because they have no good games to come out after christmas
Well here is an unreasonable claim. Games are not like movies, they do not have a limited run and they are much less damaged by releasing at the same time (especially a highly anticipated game like brawl). As such there would be no monetary reason to miss the holiday. The game would still be on shelves after the season, and by releasing it near Christmas they could hike the prices to catch the late shopper. Post Christmas shoppers look for sales and low prices, making it more difficult for Nintendo to hike its prices and thus rake a greater profit.

an article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21535382/)

Before someone goes and claims that Brawl is not for casual gamers let me just preempt you by saying that you are a moron. The entire marketing campaign for the Wii focuses on the casual gamer, with great success (easy intuitive controls, many simple games, focus on group play). Brawl itself is marketed as a light hearted, simple, fighter you can play with friends (despite the fact that has a highly technical following).

another one: (http://www.gamecritics.com/wii-and-the-casual-gaming-boom)

Remember Nintendo needs to profit from its games to keep on going, a lot of work and money has gone into this game. If anything we should be thankful that Nintendo allowed the delay, and did not rush (i.e. damage / ruin) the development. Always remember, Nintendo did not need to go to all this effort, they could have heavily simplified Brawl and it still would have sold brilliantly. That is how it was with Melee, they had no intent of making such a deep and balanced game, it just turned out that way.

With Brawl they are, so everyone calm down and wait. Gimpyfish, Hugs, and plenty of other reliable people have tested the game and confirmed that there are still problems. So before you go screaming and crying and starting petitions, just reflect on how very rare it is that a game company puts so much effort into making sure that YOU really enjoy a game.

Please remember to respond in a calm collected manner, research before you post any claims, and use a spell checker. If you do this then your posts will actually be credible. Thank you.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just signed up here (an avid super smash n64 fan) and there seems to be a lot of criticism regarding it's delay. Was expecting this to hit shelf on Christmas as well...but oh well a few month delay is ok as long as we get a better final product. While i understand why your being pissed off about it, there is really no need to rant on about it..(because it's utterly pointless). Why not just play Super Smash Melee to kill some times..and there are other decent Wii releases / PC games to kill time for those who are desperately waiting.
Oh and one thing, you guys are lucky to be in america, PAL user have to wait till end of February (unless of course if you download it to play first then buy it anyway because it's a kickass game)
I am more pissed about the fact that it wont be using the wii-mote motion censor...so i have to buy 4 gamecube controller or 4 classic controller :/
Should be a blast when you invite you mate over to play though
cheers
February 10th it is..

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I 100% agree with fallen angel. We can officially now stop the "OH NOES THE DELAY!!1!!1!11 TEH SUCK!!1!!" posts. And hopefully all the mad Nintendo marketing conspiracies.

Hmm davidw89, is the offical PAL date end of February? Or are you just assuming? I know it's usually rare for PAL to get it at the same time as USA but I'm really hoping it does.

If not then maaan I have even MORE days to wait :(

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Before someone goes and claims that Brawl is not for casual gamers let me just preempt you by saying that you are a moron. The entire marketing campaign for the Wii focuses on the casual gamer, with great success (easy intuitive controls, many simple games, focus on group play). Brawl itself is marketed as a light hearted, simple, fighter you can play with friends (despite the fact that has a highly technical following).
they target one group and completly ignore the group that made them who they are. they games are also overly simple to the point of boredom. they then rely on dumb *** fanboys to buy their games, regardless of weither or not the game is actually good. 90% of all fanboys would buy a PS3 if it were made by nintendo even if it wasworse or more expensive simply because nintendo made it.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
I 100% agree with fallen angel. We can officially now stop the "OH NOES THE DELAY!!1!!1!11 TEH SUCK!!1!!" posts. And hopefully all the mad Nintendo marketing conspiracies.

Hmm davidw89, is the offical PAL date end of February? Or are you just assuming? I know it's usually rare for PAL to get it at the same time as USA but I'm really hoping it does.

If not then maaan I have even MORE days to wait :(
Yes it will be late February no doubt..there is no way Nintendo will do a simultaneous launch..in fact we've already got quite a number of hot titles delayed for the Australian market..
There are other ways in which you can play Super Smash Bros on 10th February..but i am not going into that (illegal)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Yes it will be late February no doubt..there is no way Nintendo will do a simultaneous launch..in fact we've already got quite a number of hot titles delayed for the Australian market..
There are other ways in which you can play Super Smash Bros on 10th February..but i am not going into that (illegal)
Hahaha yes, I shall not say anything here for the sake of my membership :laugh:

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
they target one group and completly ignore the group that made them who they are. they games are also overly simple to the point of boredom. they then rely on dumb *** fanboys to buy their games, regardless of weither or not the game is actually good. 90% of all fanboys would buy a PS3 if it were made by nintendo even if it wasworse or more expensive simply because nintendo made it.
Incorrect. They do not ignore the people who made them who they are, hardcore gamers and Nintendo fans, they simply don't have to target them. Nintendo is well aware that we exist, and have been devoted fans of their games, but because of our devotion they also know that they don't have to market their games to us, we will buy them anyway.

Nintendo games are by no means overly simply, they are multi layered, easy to pick up but with plenty on details (side quests, treasure hunts, time trails, etc.). Nintendo is reliably good with their franchises, making sure that every game is enjoyable and offers something new to the series. True there are exception, but mostly the statement is true.

Developers are not so single minded, they do their research, they know what they are doing. True there are some that choose to forgo depth and originality for raw profit, but Nintendo is not one of them. Nintendo puts forth the effort, that is why people love them. It is not a question if people would buy a slow, heavy, $900.00 box of suck, Nintendo would NEVER make one to begin with.

A company does not have fanboys (and girls) by default, they have to earn them. That is why the Dream Cast failed and the PS3 is struggling, they assumed that they have fans who would just fork over the money regardless of quality.

So next time you decide to make a broad and overall offensive post (most of the people on this board are Nintendo fans) try using a bit of hindsight, and maybe some research. Oh, and spell and grammer checks are always a good idea.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Incorrect. They do not ignore the people who made them who they are, hardcore gamers and Nintendo fans, they simply don't have to target them. Nintendo is well aware that we exist, and have been devoted fans of their games, but because of our devotion they also know that they don't have to market their games to us, we will buy them anyway.

Nintendo games are by no means overly simply, they are multi layered, easy to pick up but with plenty on details (side quests, treasure hunts, time trails, etc.). Nintendo is reliably good with their franchises, making sure that every game is enjoyable and offers something new to the series. True there are exception, but mostly the statement is true.

Developers are not so single minded, they do their research, they know what they are doing. True there are some that choose to forgo depth and originality for raw profit, but Nintendo is not one of them. Nintendo puts forth the effort, that is why people love them. It is not a question if people would buy a slow, heavy, $600.00 box of halfway decentness, Nintendo would NEVER make one to begin with.

A company does not have fanboys (and girls) by default, they have to earn them. That is why the Dream Cast failed and the PS3 is struggling, they assumed that they have fans who would just fork over the money regardless of quality.

So next time you decide to make a broad and overall offensive post (most of the people on this board are Nintendo fans) try using a bit of hindsight, and maybe some research. Oh, and spell and grammer checks are always a good idea.
so they assume we will continue to buy bad games that are no longer origanal and lacking incredibly in depth.
there aren't even 2 good games that nintendo has mad since the launch of SSBM
nintendo assumed that, as well, but eventually the bubble will burst unless they release more than one half-way decent game. the games are overly simple and lack any sort of challenge or more than half a glance to solve.
in terms of fan boys, all most all of nintendo's are fair-weather fanboys that think that just because they own a wii wii that make them the ultimate fan-boy and all other consols bad, even if they haven't even played them for more than 5 minutes.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
so they assume we will continue to buy bad games that are no longer origanal and lacking incredibly in depth.
there aren't even 2 good games that nintendo has mad since the launch of SSBM
nintendo assumed that, as well, but eventually the bubble will burst unless they release more than one half-way decent game. the games are overly simple and lack any sort of challenge or more than half a glance to solve.
in terms of fan boys, all most all of nintendo's are fair-weather fanboys that think that just because they own a wii wii that make them the ultimate fan-boy and all other consols bad, even if they haven't even played them for more than 5 minutes.
Actually they have made less than 2 good games after SSBM... if you dont include the gamecube, Wii, Virtual console, Game boy advanced, DS and all their other consoles.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Actually they have made less than 2 good games after SSBM... if you dont include the gamecube, Wii, Virtual console, Game boy advanced, DS and all their other consoles.
name them then. virtual console games don't count because technichally the were made before the purple lunch box

Hydde said:
To tell you thr truth, nintendo needs to do something big in terms of hardcore games for the WII, as n my eyes... it is falling apart in front of their competitors.

A friend fo mine bought a wii at launch,.... totgether with TP. He himself told me that the game was not as enjoyable in comparison with Ocarina,, and also thats the overall opinion of everyone who have played both games. We are talking about freaking Zelda here, a staple in the nintendo history.

Now, after the WII launch... there has come an infinity number of SO-SO games.... while the other 2 companies,,, even when they are behind the wii in numbers...are already preparing an avalanch of very good titles.. in the line of the Metal gears, the final fantasies etc... but this same developers make ****ty or not so important titles for the WII,----- why?.

My friend, (yeah the same one of the wii and the TP) told me some days ago if i was interested in buying his WII. He was some months ago so hyped to buy brawl because he is very good at melee, but now he got so depressed by the lack of everything in the WII, that he also is losing faith in the almighty SSBB, and thats very alarming knowing how he loved and wanted so much the game.

Days ago, he bought also a PSP (it was suppsedly to help the wait for brawl)..... but now he is just too hyped by the artifact. At the begginig i was like meh... but after he showed me the TONS of good titles on that hardware... i started to think about WHAT THE **** nintendo is doing or thinking=?. All this Hype of the WII will dissapear very soon if they dont start to pull off real sellers on the platform. Im not talking about just Brawl and metroid.... but about all the rest of games!!!

I have witnessed also a load of people here who are selling their WIIs because they got bored of it... and for a good reason.

We, the hardcore smashers, dont see the seriousness of the issue.... but the reality is that the other 2 consoles will kick the azz of WII if things continue this way. The only thing that is making wii succesfull in sales is the fact that is cheaper...and was kind of interesting at first sight.... but the constant repetition of "minigames" style games and the crap load of RANDOM and boring titles are taking the best of the wii in my opinion.

So, after Brawl... im expecting a better wave of games on the console.... because believe me.,....this hype will not last much,.....

just look at what halo did.-...... geesus its outstanding......... and there are not even games like Metal gear 4 and the final fantasies out yet... if not this would have been a total catastrophe in sales for nintendo.

Even myself, i just want a wii for Brawl... because i dont play anything else and i love the game so much.... but i couldnt care less about the other NIntendo titles.... on the other hand... i saw a lot of PSP titles that made me wish they were on the WII...

its so frustrating!

and btw....Halo is the winner of this..... by a line of a thousand spartans rooting for masterchief..... sadly.
one of my many points i am trying to prove

M.K

Level 55
Mario Kart Double Dash
Resident Evil 4
Pikmin and Pikmin 2
Mario Kart DS
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and Wind Waker.

Would you like me to continue? How dare you say there have been no good games since SSBM. You obviously haven't branched out enough.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart Double Dash
Resident Evil 4
Pikmin and Pikmin 2
Mario Kart DS
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and Wind Waker.

Would you like me to continue? How dare you say there have been no good games since SSBM. You obviously haven't branched out enough.
mario Kart DS=1
all others (TP in perticular) were overall lame

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
No. They would jst let us figure out the rest on Dec. 3rd. They will give us the character and stage updates.... but stuff like items.. they will leave some of those out probably... at least they would have if it was going to Dec. 3rd. Then they changed the date, and wil there fore update us more. Its that simple. They didn't know they were going to update months before they started. Otehrwise, they wouldn't have told us Dec. 3rd in the first place.
They woundn't tell us about the date earlier because if it looks too far away people become less interested, and they want as many as they can to be interested

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Golden sun 1 and 2
Super Mario sunshine
Wind waker
Metroid Prime 1,2 and 3
Metroid fusion
Metroid zero mission
Double dash
Mario Kart DS
Twilight princess
Pikmin 2 (Since 1 came out before SSBM)
Super Mario galaxy
Battalion wars
Advanced wars 2 and DS
Paper Mario 2

Those are just a few that I can skim off the top of my head...

And blazer seriously if you think they are lame go please GTFO and die...

But seriously LMAO at thinking Mario kart DS is better than all those games XD

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Golden sun 1 and 2=was unable to play
Super Mario sunshine=yawn
Wind waker=snoor
Metroid Prime 1,2 and 3=nintendo screwed up too much too make it on the list
Metroid fusion=beat 100% in 5 hours
Metroid zero mission=lacked gameplay fun
Double dash=1 day then stopped being fun
Mario Kart DS=1
Twilight princess=do you really want me to start this rant
Pikmin 2 (Since 1 came out before SSBM)=not even my nintendo crazy neighbor like this one
Super Mario galaxy=not out yet, played at gamestop and was able to get 78 stars in 1 hour, didn't really like
Battalion wars=see pikmin
Advanced wars 2 and DS=see pikmin
Paper Mario 2=got me into it more than all others but was unable to hold me in and gaot bored

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Wind waker=snoor
Mario Kart DS=1
Pikmin 2 (Since 1 came out before SSBM)=not even my nintendo crazy neighbor like this one
Super Mario galaxy=not out yet, played at gamestop and was able to get 78 stars in 1 hour, didn't really like
Paper Mario 2=got me into it more than all others but was unable to hold me in and gaot bored
Yes I would really like you to tell me wtf you thought was wrong with twilight princess

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
They woundn't tell us about the date earlier because if it looks too far away people become less interested, and they want as many as they can to be interested
They wouldn't have told us about it at all. Not unless they were planning on releasing it on December 3rd, which I think they were.

P.S. Twilight Princess was a great game!!! People complain about the wolf gameplay, but you don't have to be a wolf for very long or very often, and it adds some diversity to the game. Its great!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Wind waker=snoor
Mario Kart DS=1
Really I own every game on that list except Super Mario Galaxy and Advance Wars series.

All of which were excellent games. Well I guess its all in your opinion but your loss.

Top Bottom