• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Email For A Demo I Did
Meh, they aren't gonna listen. It will probably get deleted upon sight or forwarded to an auto-response center where it says something like "Nintendo appriciates your interest of our games and consoles. If you would like to learn more, go to www.nintendo.com, for all the lastest updates and news regarding our products."

I can almost sense it now.

Just to let people know...

I really doubt that Nintendo would release a public demo. Why? Because even at E For All, Nintendo was strict on recording and Public announcing of Brawl that wasn't tied to the media. Only companies such as IGN were able to record the game. It seems as if NIntendo really didn't want the public to get any information on the game. Other games at the Nintendo booth didn't have this rule, not even Galaxy.

On top of that, several Nintendo reps said that there are no plans of releasing a public demo. Which concludes that the only way to play the demo would be at a public event that Nintendo is parcticipating in such as E For All.

But, to whome it may concern...

BRAWL FREAKIN' ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kel

Smash Master
Gamestop's release date says February 7th, but street date is 10th. That means stores will have it on the 7th but we can't buy it until the 10th :(

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
as much as I want a demo it doesnt seem like it will happen cuz nintendo already knows that people who boughtmelee will buy brawl, and that its such a popular game that they dont need to spend even the slightest amount of money and make demo when they already know it'll sell like hotcakes. butu never know maybe all our cryis and prayers will be answered this december

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
ye gamestop is like that, they tend to keep stuff in boxes for a bit b4 they actually sell them. Same thing happened w/ Metroid 3... for wii

Elysium

Smash Lord
Then would Gamecrazy be the best choice? Would going into Walmart at midnight be better for getting Brawl then so we dont get any problems? I'm not going to to pay in advance if i don't get it Feb 10th or whenever it's coming out (include chaos theories that Brawl will be delayed again)?

lebforever

Smash Rookie
wow...... i remember the date was for summer 2006 and they just keep changing it ore and more. who knows.... maybe the game will come out in 2010 lol. nah just joking. but i hope it comes out soon.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
wow...... i remember the date was for summer 2006 and they just keep changing it ore and more. who knows.... maybe the game will come out in 2010 lol. nah just joking. but i hope it comes out soon.
Frikkin hell, looking at this post makes you realise that delays suck.

Smash Ace
Hmmm... maybe they're putting wavedashing in as part of the project.
*hopes*
=2007=

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Directional airdodging is required to wavedash. They removed directional airdodging in place of being able to double jump/attack out of airdodge. The only way to return wavedash is to add directional airdodging, which would be broken for recovery if they kept the other additions to airdodging in (multiple upwards airdodging, anyone?)

So unless they, for whatever weird reason, decide to remove their new airdodging mechanics in favor of the Melee style one, you won't be seeing wavedashing back.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Directional airdodging is required to wavedash. They removed directional airdodging in place of being able to double jump/attack out of airdodge. The only way to return wavedash is to add directional airdodging, which would be broken for recovery if they kept the other additions to airdodging in (multiple upwards airdodging, anyone?)

So unless they, for whatever weird reason, decide to remove their new airdodging mechanics in favor of the Melee style one, you won't be seeing wavedashing back.
Well it wont be missed over here. :)

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
WaveDashing is an advance tech. that allows you to move quicker and or dodge attacks if you go on youtube and watch vids you'll see the people sliding and that is wavedashing
there is multiple ways to do it but since i'm horrible at xplaining things go to you tube and type in
SSMB Advance Techniques and look for AlphaZ name and watch the 1st vid it'll tell you how to wavedash

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
this may seem a bit farfetched but what if the reason it was delayed was because of halo 3. i mean metroid was, and unfortunalty will be, nintendo's only fps franchise. when halo came out everyoe forgot about it and now look at it as a ****ty game compaired to halo. nintendo might have delayed it because they didn't want that to happen to another franchise that gamers actully cared about.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i did they delayed it for the after christmas slump so they can still make money when sony and microsoft don't have any goood games for after christmas

Brett~*

Smash Rookie
I'm choked now that brawl isn't coming out 'til next year. I was really looking forward to walking up to EB games after school on that monday to pick up my copy( I pre pordered it)

I thought the reason why they postponed it was because they wanted to make the game the best they could so they want to edit the game and stuff. I remember reading this right from the DOJO site.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
this may seem a bit farfetched but what if the reason it was delayed was because of halo 3. i mean metroid was, and unfortunalty will be, nintendo's only fps franchise. when halo came out everyoe forgot about it and now look at it as a ****ty game compaired to halo. nintendo might have delayed it because they didn't want that to happen to another franchise that gamers actully cared about.
I agree with that, but here's my take on it also:

They have Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight princess still selling like crazy. Then they still have all the virtual console games going like madness as well. Then they have Mario Galaxy coming out on November 12th, *i believe that's correct*. Now, if they release mario galaxy and brawl at the same time, or within a couple weeks of each other, Galaxy will conflict with Brawl's sales, and vice versa. So what I think they are doing, they're going to let Galaxy have about 3 months to run it's huge surge over the holiday season and whatnot, and then they can release brawl and let it start to run it's course, 'cause after 3 months the INITIAL sale surge for Galaxy will be over. Granted it'll still be an extremely hot game, but again, the initial surge will be over, thus allowing brawl to have it's initial surge.

And then on top of that they still have guitar hero 3 coming out as well, so that'll help tie people over 'till brawl, with no problem. being that there will be downloadable content for it, that'll keep the game fresh for years to come.

So basically, IMO, it's not just a marketing plot as well, it's also a chance for them to add some new features to brawl if necessary, maybe even tweak the wifi to where it's not as laggy, there's all kinds of possibilities. But again, if they delay brawl a little while longer, it won't conflict with the release of Galaxy.

Whew! anyway, that's my take on it.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i would rather play brawl then mario galxeys they should have delayed that game but then we would all be mobed by chinse people atleast ill have dragonballz tenkichi 3

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that, but here's my take on it also:

They have Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight princess still selling like crazy. Then they still have all the virtual console games going like madness as well. Then they have Mario Galaxy coming out on November 12th, *i believe that's correct*. Now, if they release mario galaxy and brawl at the same time, or within a couple weeks of each other, Galaxy will conflict with Brawl's sales, and vice versa. So what I think they are doing, they're going to let Galaxy have about 3 months to run it's huge surge over the holiday season and whatnot, and then they can release brawl and let it start to run it's course, 'cause after 3 months the INITIAL sale surge for Galaxy will be over. Granted it'll still be an extremely hot game, but again, the initial surge will be over, thus allowing brawl to have it's initial surge.
galaxy doesn't look like it would be that fun or good. i don't think galaxy is the reason why it was delayed

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
galaxy doesn't look like it would be that fun or good. i don't think galaxy is the reason why it was delayed
I think your looking at the wrong galaxy or something :p..........

but you thinking that It doesn't look that fun or good want change the 1,600,000 pre-orders it already has(so I'v heard) and I'm pretty sure brawl was delayed for marketing purposes also. Even the game sites think so.

Top Bottom