• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Elysium

Smash Lord
The Japanese version is being released in January. I forget the date, but it is officially coming out in January.
I believe it's Jan. 24 for Japan.

sweet, i should go there during the christmas holidays and bring one back and make everyone jealous. :]
Isn't the game going to be region locked? Having the Japanese game would kill me. Having a copy of Brawl and not being able to play it = unbearable.

AberrationMind

Smash Rookie
I hope that the delay means they are putting in gamertages and voicechat in wi-fi mode. A boy can dream, can't he?

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I hope that the delay means they are putting in gamertages and voicechat in wi-fi mode. A boy can dream, can't he?
Hmmm, voicechat IS a cool idea, but you'd probably get a lot of 9/10 year olds swearing and shouting through it when we kick their butts :laugh:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
That makes sense, but I mean, if they are your friends you know what they sound like, and you pretty much know what they're gonna say if you beat them :p

But yeh, for those with headsets it's a good idea. I don't mind either way as mine is broken. :(

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
What I dont get is why do the Japanese get an earlier release date than US? It was vice versa before the delay..

Also when they get it first there will be people importing and all kinds of spoilers on the net. We'll probubly know the whole game come febuary 10th..

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
What I dont get is why do the Japanese get an earlier release date than US? It was vice versa before the delay..

Also when they get it first there will be people importing and all kinds of spoilers on the net. We'll probubly know the whole game come febuary 10th..
not true, japan would have gotten it November 26 or 28. a week before america.

I feel for you europeans. I would hate to get a game later than everyone else.

o, and the reason Japan gets it first. is cause sakurai is *gasp* JAPANESE!!!

no brainer...

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
not true, japan would have gotten it November 26 or 28. a week before america.

I feel for you europeans. I would hate to get a game later than everyone else.

o, and the reason Japan gets it first. is cause sakurai is *gasp* JAPANESE!!!

no brainer...
Oh, I thought that the Japanese got it like dec 31st oops :p
US got the wii first so we could have just as well gotten SSBB first..but its cool as long as I stay off the smash part of the net I should be fine. Its gonna be very tempting though lol

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
yea, the japanese are gonna ruin the game for us when its released 2 months past due. the'll tell us secrets on how to get characters, stages, whats in it that wasnt mentioned, etc.
thats gonna stink!

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Yup, so just stay away from the smash related site until you get the game and discover everything for yourself if you dont wanna get spoiled. Also not just by the japanese but importers as well. :(

SSBMNoobz

Smash Rookie
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........
what are you nooooooooooooooooooooing? the game being spoiled january 26-28, or the game being delayed(old news..but still so sad..) (why is there no crying face on the side????)

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
and its not just smash game MOST game that are made by nintendo and sony are from japan they pretty much ALWAYS get the games before we do

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
i would be worried about japan giving spoilers, but thankfully i dont speak japanese :) altho, if its coming out february in america, ill only have it for a couple of months before i go on my gap year :( (i live in uk, btw, does anyone know why england has same release date as europeans? we speak english same as america, so it cant be about translating the game) oh well, gap year :)

Shiraku

Smash Rookie
You realize that Nintendo's just using a marketing technique to raise anticipation for the game, right? They did the same thing with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The game is probably going to be done in time for them to release it by Dec. 3rd, but they feel the need to cause chaos when the game's FINALLY relased. I mean, once there's a demo.. The only thing left in the game is to tweak it a little (shouldn't take 5 months) and release it.

It's a huge company, expect cheap shots like this often.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i would say tp perfect the online stuff

but i think they should let us have a demo of it on wii shop channel so we should email them or somthing CAUSE I WANT A DEMO

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ppl calm down im upset too. I have been watching dojo just as long as you have and some ppl are saying as if there doing someone a favour by going on the dojo and looking at updates.He even said sorry so calm down!!

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
i would be worried about japan giving spoilers, but thankfully i dont speak japanese :) altho, if its coming out february in america, ill only have it for a couple of months before i go on my gap year :( (i live in uk, btw, does anyone know why england has same release date as europeans? we speak english same as america, so it cant be about translating the game) oh well, gap year :)
Well, even though its only a couple weeks, Im probably going to be exiling myself from the internet. Ive had the ending to pirates 2 spoiled 5 months before it was out.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Well, at the rate smash dojo is going, perhaps all the characters will be revealed by then (hah).

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Well, at the rate smash dojo is going, perhaps all the characters will be revealed by then (hah).
possible, but doubtful.. they have what 23 or 24 characters, almost Melees. they have 4 more months to release an additional 25, and they release one about every other week... possible... but they have to keep secret characters... secret, not to be redundant.

Top Bottom