• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
darn, I was gonna say that that pointed to Ness being in. the truth is, theres no proof of him being in, but lots of reasons for him not being in. I want Ness in, hes my secondary on Melee.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i agree i want ness in but there really is no point they could have replaced ness with lucus only tome will tell

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I just like embarrassing my friends when they get caught in the f-air of doom... if timed right, of course.
Or b-air... it's been so long since I've used him. lol.

Zek

Smash Ace
possible, but doubtful.. they have what 23 or 24 characters, almost Melees. they have 4 more months to release an additional 25, and they release one about every other week... possible... but they have to keep secret characters... secret, not to be redundant.
Uh, an additional 25? I highly doubt it... There are 22 on the site right now. Adding Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Mr. Game & Watch makes 28. Ness and Marth make 30 if he's feeling generous. I doubt there will be more than maybe 35 characters, considering how many newcomers have already been announced.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
More time to make the game better.

I approve of tis delay, so long as it doesn't pull a Twilgiht Princess and get delayed until it's just stale anyway by the time it comes out.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
I read a old thread that was an interview with him(translated) he said he wanted to double Melees character roster(25) making 50. I also heard that some guy from resident evil is a secret character... so many rumors, but there were 12 in the frist smash, 25 in melee, so(following the pattern) that makes 50(or 51) in brawl.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
today in the update sakurai said " How about a little mental training before the time comes when you actually control it? is this a hint toward a demo or just a tease

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Its nice to know Nintendo had the balls to delay such a popular title in the name of quality control. Thats more than can be said for some companies...
I hope it doesn't reflect too poorly on their revenue for the last quarter of this year.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Its nice to know Nintendo had the balls to delay such a popular title in the name of quality control. Thats more than can be said for some companies...
I hope it doesn't reflect too poorly on their revenue for the last quarter of this year.
I hope it does hurt their revenue so it can open their eyes. They had over a year to make this and still can't get it out on time. No excuse. And I bet it'll be delayed even further.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All it will probably do is have their first-quarter sales DOMINATE all the other companies. Nintendo still has solid, money-making games coming out for the holidays, and the beginning of a calendar year isn't usually as strong lineup-wise for most companies. Plus they can also try get their Wii supply in order for Brawl. As a whole, they're doing juuuust fine by a company standpoint.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Not in the same field but Too Human, Mercenaries 2 and M&S Olympic appear to be coming out Q1 2008 so they will have some competition... (even if its not really viable)

I am weary of punishing developers for delaying a release date lest we get another KotOR II. *shudders*

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'm not even pissed about the fact that the game is delayed.
I'm pissed about he fact that I won't be able to play the hell out of it during Christmas break because of it being delayed.

I mean like, I'll be able to play it when I have free time. But at the same time I have to deal with projects that take so much time to complete, assignments, homework and the like. I'll probably be able to play it a bit, but I won't be able to fully get into it 'cuz I'll always have that project in the back of my head that I haven't completed yet:urg:

Anyways, just wanted to get that out. I still can't wait for the game, the delay just really cheesed me.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
they should have delayed mario galxleys

they have had almost 3 years to make this game the only reason they are doing it is for sales

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Depressing is what it is... I just hope mario galaxy and tekken dr can hold me over till febuary now. Actually doesn't the game pretty much come out feb 11? Every time when they say a date a game arrives, its actually the shipping date there giving us and the next day is the release date.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Customer Service would be the right people to contact about it anyway.

And I believe there was already an online petition to release the demo (albeit a small-ish one... only got up to just over 3000 before they closed it). And I believe there was a response from someone at Nintendo saying it wasn't nessicary.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Oh Reggie. When will you learn.

http://reggielies.ytmnd.com/
LOL. I got used to him saying stuff like that all the time, even back with Twilight Princess. If he didn't say it with such conviction I woudln't be as disappointed. I dunno if it's not all his fault tho since he's not part of the developing team that's making the game, but then he shouldn't be making such a bold statement then in the first place.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
well it never hurts to try and if we get enogh people they might u never know all im saying is atleast TRY

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
yea, I guess so. i hope they do release a demo, like the one everyones playing at the E for all...
It really would not be much work to release a short demo. I mean, just like the one's they've got at E for All as SBL says. Maybe just shorten it a bit to reduce file size, take out a few items, a few stages, and it's small again. It would make NUMEROUS people happy, and keep a lot of us at bay and prevent any necessary killing spree's after hearing of the delay ;)

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
It really would not be much work to release a short demo. I mean, just like the one's they've got at E for All as SBL says. Maybe just shorten it a bit to reduce file size, take out a few items, a few stages, and it's small again. It would make NUMEROUS people happy, and keep a lot of us at bay and prevent any necessary killing spree's after hearing of the delay ;)
lol, yea. it would be easy. and fun.

TheMegaNoob

Smash Rookie
just an idea, but wouldn't it be good for nintendo to release SSBB later because Galaxy is coming out in november and brawl would completely overshadow galaxy. any thoughts?

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
today 14million people committed mass suicide in front of the wii company because the super awsome game of the millinium was delayed until feb. 10 we got report that one man shot himself because the wii company had no brownies until then this is Flamin Roy with you news report on Brawl

Dodo222

Smash Rookie
Well, I got my Nintendo Power today...no demo...but I didn't expect one...maybe Future US (NP's new publisher) will get us one for the special Holiday bonus magazine though :p

Top Bottom