• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I think your looking at the wrong galaxy or something :p..........

but you thinking that It doesn't look that fun or good want change the 1,600,000 pre-orders it already has(so I'v heard) and I'm pretty sure brawl was delayed for marketing purposes also. Even the game sites think so.
Yeah, that seems about right. And Galaxy has 1,600,000 PREORDERS? HOLY CRAP. That's just nuts. :laugh:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
galaxy doesn't look like it would be that fun or good. i don't think galaxy is the reason why it was delayed
Wow so you must be new to video games then, On behalf of the video game community we welcome you... but also scorn you!

i would rather play brawl then mario galxeys they should have delayed that game but then we would all be mobed by chinse people atleast ill have dragonballz tenkichi 3
Of course they are (Pssst, what the hell is this guy talking about?).

I

i8waffles612

Look at the bright side...

Dec 3rd is a Monday
Feb 10th is a Sunday

lol...

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
they delayed brawl cause it will interfear with mario galxeys sales so they are delaying it till feb 10 so they will have a after christmas sale

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Blazer exactly because there wont be any millions that are let down...

From what I have seen its looks like it can top 64... also *Miyamoto-hand slaps blazer*

DNL316

Smash Rookie
That bums me out. I was really looking forward to the 3rd. But still, it's good that their improving it.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
with the extra time they should put more 3rd party characters (I say a 6th of the characters should be 3rd party) and where is captain Falcon?????? we know Luigi isnt in it because of the demo he was an alternate costume for mario, but wheres Falcon?????

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
with the extra time they should put more 3rd party characters (I say a 6th of the characters should be 3rd party) and where is captain Falcon?????? we know Luigi isnt in it because of the demo he was an alternate costume for mario, but wheres Falcon?????
There are like 4 things wrong with this post. There should be no more than three 3rd parties, Luigi is in the game as Mario had that costume in Melee, and Falcon is obviously in the game.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
from what i have seen (almost all the videos) it probly will only top TP, wich isn't saying much. (CDI could probaly come close to topping TP)
Not that TP fully met my expectations, BUT MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL FOR SUCH BLASPHEMY!!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
perhaps the obvious is clear enough, let me explain.....

BRAWL WAS NOT DELAYED TO MAKE IT BETTER, NOR WAS IT DELAYED BECAUSE OF MARIO GALAXY.
1. You know **** so shutup.

2. Yes... yes it was, if you have any more than 3 brain cells you would be able to see the reasons why it was delayed... making it better was a side effect of the delay.

3. The only obvious thing here is that your a 10 year old who just got his first taste of using a computer. No hush.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
2. Yes... yes it was, if you have any more than 3 brain cells you would be able to see the reasons why it was delayed... making it better was a side effect of the delay.

3. The only obvious thing here is that your a 10 year old who just got his first taste of using a computer. No hush.
making it better might be a small SIDE-EFFECT of the delay, but not the reason for it.

second we're the same age dumb ***

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
making it better might be a small SIDE-EFFECT of the delay, but not the reason for it.

second we're the same age dumb ***
You may be the same age physically, but he's way ahead of you in the maturity department.

Brawl could have been delayed for any number of reasons, but I tend to believe it is for polishing and possible additions. If they already have a demo put together, the game is already well into development. Therefore, the only reason for a delay would be to improve an area they felt was weak, since the game is obviously at least somewhat playable due to the appearance at E for All.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
they did not delay it cause of the game it was the sales like tp they probily only needed to delay it about 1 year but they waited till the wii was out to release it

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Lets face it, it WAS delayed to make additions and improvements, amongst other things (Not being able to finish the game for the deadline), as Skyshroud said.

Some of you might think it's a whole big conspiracy, but Nintendo are just a games company, not a big cover-up to really piss off gamers by delaying all their games. It might do that, but that is not their aim.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
Look at todays update. As long as its being delayed to perfect epic stuff like that, who cares?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
You may be the same age physically, but your way ahead of him in the maturity department.

Brawl could have been delayed for any number of reasons, but I tend to believe it is for polishing and possible additions. If they already have a demo put together, the game is already well into development. Therefore, the only reason for a delay would be to improve an area they felt was weak, since the game is obviously at least somewhat playable due to the appearance at E for All.
if it is already into development, that doesn't automaticly make it an enhancment delay, when in the past has nintendo ever bother to delay a game to make it better. brawl was delayed for a marketing purpose only. the odds of that purpose being galaxy are slim to none

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
yes because sonic and mario and mario galxeys and brawl were going to come out about the same time so it would interfear with the other games sales

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
if it is already into development, that doesn't automaticly make it an enhancment delay, when in the past has nintendo ever bother to delay a game to make it better. brawl was delayed for a marketing purpose only. the odds of that purpose being galaxy are slim to none
That is a very, very, very stupid assumption. I'm sorry, but yes. If it is already into development...THEN THEY WILL NEED TO WORK OUT ALL THE BUGS!!! AND work on features that need improving on, LIKE IN TODAY'S UPDATE!!! And the wi-fi!!! And, just maybe, characters! And stageS! And items! And everything!!! BUGS!!!! THEY MIGHT HAVE BUGS!!! THAT THEY NEED TO FIX!!! They DO get the benefits of the new release time, however. So, that only makes there success better. And, this is probably one of Nintendo's biggest games EVER... If not, then it is! This is in my opinion... Nintendo wants this game to be playable for years after its release. Hence today's update. There fore... don't you think they'd wanna make sure every aspect and angle of it is as perfect as they can get it? They aren't gonna sit back with three months left and do nothing more to the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Game was delayed because Sakurai forgat to stick Captain Falcon in the game and has to go back and re-add him.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with Luvtoy. This is the reason, and not for marketing purposes. It's propostorous that anyone would even suggest it, and actually believe that's why it's delayed.

Some people are obviously too stupid to realise games take a bloody long time to make, and even when finished, take a bloody long time to test, and re-test, and re-test, to make sure there are no bugs.

Just next time you think that it was delayed for marketing, go and look up "Video Game Design & Creation" in Google. Save some time.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
That is what I've been saying all along. The developers themselves feel that the game isn't quite ready yet.
Be thankfull that they are doing more to make sure your experience of this game is what the have envisioned, and not a broken mess.
Besides, since when have Nintendo become OUR slaves producing games on time at our beckon call?
Listen to yourselves people! They DON'T HAVE to bring out this game you know.
I know I'm going to appreciate it when it finally comes, but i'm not going to kill somebody because I have to wait.

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
Are you out of your mind. Do you realize what this delay meant? They pushed to after Christmas, AFTER. Christmas is the biggest retailing holiday in the world, most game companies would rush to be done on time and make the game suck.

The fact that they pushed it past Christmas means that not only are the reasons not for marketing, but they were absolutely necessary. That is the only reason that a company would take such an enormous hit on the release sales.

Top Bottom