• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Are we talking only about games on Nintendo platforms? Because I could list 50 good games since Melee.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Golden sun 1 and 2=was unable to play=Not my problem.
Super Mario sunshine=yawn= Your reasoning *yawn*
Wind waker=snoor = Your total lack of knowledge or ability to judge a good game *snore*
Metroid Prime 1,2 and 3=nintendo screwed up too much too make it on the list = 2 was not as good as 1 but 1 was still epic and one of the greatest games of all time
Metroid fusion=beat 100% in 5 hours = And someone beat Super Mario bros in 5 mins
Metroid zero mission=lacked gameplay fun = Of course it did
Double dash=1 day then stopped being fun = That shows how many friends you have...
Mario Kart DS=1
Twilight princess=do you really want me to start this rant = I am not a big fan of TP either but thats because I am a Zelda fan and have to right to judge it, but it is an EPIC game but not my favorite Zelda game
Pikmin 2 (Since 1 came out before SSBM)=not even my nintendo crazy neighbor like this one = And who cares about your neighbor? thats right. No one.
Super Mario galaxy=not out yet, played at gamestop and was able to get 78 stars in 1 hour, didn't really like = So you played it in game stop and got 78 stars... and they let you play it for an hour? of course they did
Battalion wars=see pikmin = See your mum
Advanced wars 2 and DS=see pikmin = See battalion wars
Paper Mario 2=got me into it more than all others but was unable to hold me in and gaot bored = Dont care if you get bored its still a great game in the eyes of everyone else

So what we have gathered is that you and your neighbor only like online Mario kart games for portable consoles.

Seriously GTFO.

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
Now now everyone calm down. Arguing with him will only reduce you to his level.

My good sir blazer787, you have made it quite clear that you dislike the current Nintendo games, however you have offered no comparison to show us what you consider to be quality. As it stands you sound as though you are a game elitist who will only play high difficulty, extremely long, hardcore games. If this is the case then you are probably looking in the wrong place. Nintendo has never been known to cater to the extreme gamer.

If it seems as though their games have less depth consider that it may be that you have grown older and more experienced, and thus risen above Nintendo's level of gaming. If that is the case you might consider downloading and playing Kaizo Mario to quench your thirst for difficulty.

Otherwise, please, in a calm, grammatically correct manner, explain what you believe Nintendo could do better with its games (not what you simply dislike). Because as it stands you are seeming like a discontent flamer, and I am sure that is not how you would like to be perceived.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
You did not get 78 stars when one hour, that's total bull****. I played for three hours last night and only got 27.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
You did not get 78 stars when one hour, that's total bull****. I played for three hours last night and only got 27.
oops my bad, i ment to put 4 hours but my keyboard is messed up.

sorry for the hateful posts last night, i was in a bad mood because my cat hd just tipped over a can of diet coke on my biology project that was due the next day. but either way, i didn't like tp that much but sorry for trying to force my opinion on you:(:(:(

Frogla

Smash Ace
oops my bad, i ment to put 4 hours but my keyboard is messed up.

sorry for the hateful posts last night, i was in a bad mood because my cat hd just tipped over a can of diet coke on my biology project that was due the next day. but either way, i didn't like tp that much but sorry for trying to force my opinion on you:(:(:(
i dont like liars no possible way you could have even in 4 hours got 78.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So there are either many, many ,many stars in the game or these are some sort of mini stars...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
when u say paper mario 2 are u talking about Super Paper Mario for the Wii? If not, that should be on the list!! That game was pretty sweet!

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
People, he apologized. Let it be.

This thread is about the release date change of brawl, not how quickly you can beat another game. If you are really that concerned go look up some speed runs of the levels. If the people who make those cannot break that time then there it is unlikely he could, otherwise it is a possibility.

Thank you Blazer for responding in a civilized manner, as of now you are the better for it.

Now if we could get back on topic. How about I start it off.

Which would you prefer; an earlier release with less content, or a delayed release with more?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
People, he apologized. Let it be.

This thread is about the release date change of brawl, not how quickly you can beat another game. If you are really that concerned go look up some speed runs of the levels. If the people who make those cannot break that time then there it is unlikely he could, otherwise it is a possibility.

Thank you Blazer for responding in a civilized manner, as of now you are the better for it.

Now if we could get back on topic. How about I start it off.

Which would you prefer; an earlier release with less content, or a delayed release with more?
I, myself..would prefer a delayed release, with more content, less glitches....and so on. I don't have any interest in a glitchy game, that doesn't have cool things such as a stage builder, my music..and things like that.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I, myself..would prefer a delayed release, with more content, less glitches....and so on. I don't have any interest in a glitchy game, that doesn't have cool things such as a stage builder, my music..and things like that.
Anyone who disagree's with that statement is surely a fool, and simply looking for a cheap kick of playing as a few new chars on a few new stages.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Oh come on, deep down in your heart you don't want a Christmas Release? As if..
your right it'll be to crazy and you be on you wii all day playing brawl you'll forget about the rest of your presents and like Neo X said it won't be all glitchy and we'll have a lot more content then we normally would in the long run this delay is a good thing to make the game better and you'll have more fun than you would have in the 1st place

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
your right it'll be to crazy and you be on you wii all day playing brawl you'll forget about the rest of your presents and like Neo X said it won't be all glitchy and we'll have a lot more content then we normally would in the long run this delay is a good thing to make the game better and you'll have more fun than you would have in the 1st place
how do we know it will make it better, not just for marketing and sale confliction

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
so we are going by the dojo, in wich all text is aproved by nintendo, who wouldn't tell us if it was delayed for marketing reason. how coud any one have douted.
are you insluting me your right they may be showing us what they already have and just saying its new but that is the best source we have for now we can at least know what's going on and whats already there

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm confused about what you all mean by "what is new"... I mean like... its not like every update tell us something new... like... they didn't JUST decide Meta Knight's final smash and then post it up right away... they wouldn't be able to get the game done in time if they did it like that.... BUT, I do not believe tht the release was for a marketing purpose. I mean.. well, maybe it could have partly been.. but don't you think thta it just MIGHT BE possible that there are still some areas of the game that need improvement? Also... if it turns out they can't get the stage builder to work and in a later post say its been dropped...why would they tell us in the first place? They WOULDN'T. Now I know this hasn't happened, but it mentioned they were still working on it, and I believe them. TRUST. LOL....

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
so we are going by the dojo, in wich all text is aproved by nintendo, who wouldn't tell us if it was delayed for marketing reason. how coud any one have douted.
Going to Gimpyfish's impressions thread is also a good idea. He has organized everything he and others gathered at E for All, and overall the review is quite good. He has been a reputable source in the past and put a great deal of effort into the thread.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I thnk what we'd all PREFER is for the game to come out right now, with all the best content, and every character we'd ever dreamed of being in, to be in.... I have no idea why I said that, but there. Thats my opinion. Haha..

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I thnk what we'd all PREFER is for the game to come out right now, with all the best content, and every character we'd ever dreamed of being in, to be in.... I have no idea why I said that, but there. Thats my opinion. Haha..
Well yeh, that's what we would all want as you said, but unfortunately some people think that because they don't get that on the date they want and with the chars they want, they complain on boards just like this one.

Then they start accusing Nintendo of being some big 9/11 conspiracy shizz.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Well yeh, that's what we would all want as you said, but unfortunately some people think that because they don't get that on the date they want and with the chars they want, they complain on boards just like this one.

Then they start accusing Nintendo of being some big 9/11 conspiracy shizz.
Im telling you guys its a big game that nintendo iz playin on us they wanna see how many peoplwe will crack before FEBUARY lol

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Today's update...WOW... can we mark Rayquaza down as another boss? Lets..
Also... wouldn't you want them to take a little longer on the game if more stuff like what is in today's update will be in?!

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
so if galaxy is the next push-over bad game on the wii's bad game lists, WE'LL GET SMASH SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We won't, because they are still making the frikkin game.

Once again, the game is in D-E-V-E-L-O-P-M-E-N-T, also meaning, IT'S NOT READY YET.

There is no link between Galaxy's sales and how early Brawl is released, any nitwit could tell you that.

Top Bottom