• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
*sigh...* and to think we could have been playing Brawl in less than a month... darn Reggie...

Also, wow... I haven't heard the word "nitwit" in a long time! Thanks. lol.

And, yes, the game's still in development. Usually, a game goes gold about one-two weeks before it's set to be released... so, no way in hell is it done now.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
We won't, because they are still making the frikkin game.

Once again, the game is in D-E-V-E-L-O-P-M-E-N-T, also meaning, IT'S NOT READY YET.

There is no link between Galaxy's sales and how early Brawl is released, any nitwit could tell you that.
we don't know how far. for all we know, it could have been completed or nearly complete. you all trust nintendo too much. anyone can lie too make themselves look better.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
yeah i agree im pretty sure zelda was done long before they waited till the wii came out to release it

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
so will he be limited to a boss? or will he be a pokeball as well(maybe you unlock him as a pokeball when you beat him...)
Hmm well he'd be cool as anything really, but I mean if he was a pokeball what would he do? We've already got Latias/Latios darting across the screen, and Deoxys firing a massive thing into the middle, what would he do?

Just shoot random bullets into people?

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
well, those bullets arecool looking. what move is that btw? i've seen it in the movie, but I dont believe it was in the games...
True, I don't really remember doing anything like that after I caught him :confused:

Luster Purge would be my best guess, but that's only coz I have no idea how it looks :(

WiiLittleMan

Smash Cadet
I am all for the delay. I doubt that the level editor would have been in without Brawl being delayed. That feature alone makes it well worth the wait.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
And STILL no European release date...
i presume we won't hear anything about the european release date till it's out in america. probably we will be informed in march/april that the game will be released in june/july/probably august.
better get your wii chiped and download it as soon as it's out.

edit: forgot to say: whoever downloads the game should also purchase it as soon as it's out in his/her country.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
i presume we won't hear anything about the european release date till it's out in america. probably we will be informed in march/april that the game will be released in june/july/probably august.
better get your wii chiped and download it as soon as it's out.
O_O

There is NOOOO way I'm waiting until bloody August to get Brawl.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
poor europe... hey crispy 15, off topic, but when does DBZB3 come out? that and Galaxy should tie me over till feb 10... but no later than that. NO MORE DELAYS!!

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
yea, my rayquaza is lvl 100, and it doesnt know that move.

Luster purge? whats that? maybe...
Luster Purge is a psychic type move with a base power of 70, 100% accurate(without accuracy/evasion modifiers), a 10% chance of lowering your opponent's pokemon's Sp.Def and can only be wielded by the one and only Latios. (Counting out Smeargle, ditto, and mew)

Point is, Rayquaza can't learn Luster Purge. So I doubt that was really its mystery move.

Guess I'll put in a link showing the wide availability of Luster Purge:
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/lusterpurge.shtml

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Luster Purge is a psychic type move with a base power of 70, 100% accurate(without accuracy/evasion modifiers), a 10% chance of lowering your opponent's pokemon's Sp.Def and can only be wielded by the one and only Latios. (Counting out Smeargle, ditto, and mew)

Point is, Rayquaza can't learn Luster Purge. So I doubt that was really its mystery move.

Guess I'll put in a link showing the wide availability of Luster Purge:
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/lusterpurge.shtml
actually, let my check something out about his priveous moves

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
poor europe... hey crispy 15, off topic, but when does DBZB3 come out? that and Galaxy should tie me over till feb 10... but no later than that. NO MORE DELAYS!!
well it comes out today(11/13) for ps2 and for wii it comes out dec.3rd and that is gayyyy it should come out the same day as the ps2 version but the wii will have online

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
well it comes out today(11/13) for ps2 and for wii it comes out dec.3rd and that is gayyyy it should come out the same day as the ps2 version but the wii will have online
Sweet! i'm getting it for PS2, since i dont have online and game fusion sounds cool(even though i dont know what i is)

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! i'm getting it for PS2, since i dont have online and game fusion sounds cool(even though i dont know what i is)
its pretty much just extra stuff for more hours of game play u need to get it for wii they will have online AND a ranking system + i want to play u online

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
its pretty much just extra stuff for more hours of game play u need to get it for wii they will have online AND a ranking system + i want to play u online
well, granted my friend gets a wii for christmas, hes gona get both. so i'm sure to go ovethere and play online, as soon as he gets online...
but i dont have online,...

those flsh drive looking things they sell that make a wi fi internet, do those work well???

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I might need to get one of those too, because my router is upsetting me and i possibly might get an better connection with that than searching for an access point through wifi.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
well if anyone wants to play dragonballz tenkichi 3 online with me when it comes out just ask me
I hate the way they say those games have like 100+ characters and 60% of them are just transformations lol.

on topic.. i hope the delay = more characters, more modes, and everything finetuned.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
I hate the way they say those games have like 100+ characters and 60% of them are just transformations lol.

on topic.. i hope the delay = more characters, more modes, and everything finetuned.
well, we probably wouldnt have gotten stage biulder without the delay. or dedede probably. but i'm sure we'll get more characters, although we havnt gotten one in a month(heres hopes for megaman or ridley, or lucario for tomorrows update!)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
There's gotta be a new char update next week. Not had one for ages, so we're overdue to get one.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
im pretty upset about the delay myself, but that just means its going to be all the amazing-er. the stage builder is going to be a fav around the world, it will be for me. im hoping for some characters myself, but only one has a chance of getting in.

nuro

Smash Lord
What if they did it again? You probably don't want to think about this possibility but it could probably happen. Nintendo is known for prolonging the wait for some of its biggest and greatest games. Just look at The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It was originally scheduled for November 2005 but it wasn't until a year later in November - December 2006 until it was released.

Apparently, Nintendo finds this to be a great marketing plan. Not only does it create more hype for the game but it also makes us think that the game is going to be bigger and better since the development is longer.

If you look at the Dojo there are only 40 updates until the Japanese release and 55 Updates until the American release. At the rate Sakurai is going now it may seem like this is not enough time to fit the updates we want. So far we only have 11 newcomers and 12 veterans in SSBB, in other words 23 characters. If Sakurai is supposed to give us the rest of the new characters and whatever else he has to show us in just 40 more updates I hope there will start to be some quadruple updates in the near future.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
What if they did it again? You probably don't want to think about this possibility but it could probably happen. Nintendo is known for prolonging the wait for some of its biggest and greatest games. Just look at The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It was originally scheduled for November 2005 but it wasn't until a year later in November - December 2006 until it was released.

Apparently, Nintendo finds this to be a great marketing plan. Not only does it create more hype for the game but it also makes us think that the game is going to be bigger and better since the development is longer.

If you look at the Dojo there are only 40 updates until the Japanese release and 55 Updates until the American release. At the rate Sakurai is going now it may seem like this is not enough time to fit the updates we want. So far we only have 11 newcomers and 12 veterans in SSBB, in other words 23 characters. If Sakurai is supposed to give us the rest of the new characters and whatever else he has to show us in just 40 more updates I hope there will start to be some quadruple updates in the near future.
a year delay and it couldn't even live up to prievious standards. a year delay for a $50 better graphics n excange for downgraded gameplay. year delay for a no longer origanal game.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
a year delay and it couldn't even live up to prievious standards. a year delay for a $50 better graphics n excange for downgraded gameplay. year delay for a no longer origanal game.
That proves that delay's aren't always good. All we can do is hope that this delay IS.

Top Bottom