• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl/P:M] Fish Flop's OUTRAGE II Results

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I will be cutting and rerecording some of the matches from the stream, Ill do full shoutouts later but the matches Ive got are

Luminoth vs Soul Pech
1:28:25

Zinoto vs BlueRogue
1:54:09
fZk vs Sneaky
2:09:16

Clowsui vs Zinoto
2:20:03

Clowsui vs Sneaky
2:46:45

Rizk vs Shugo
2:57:00

LOE1 vs Shugo
3:08:18

Lain vs Fizzle
3:38:45

Tako vs Fizzle
3:58:00

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'm gonna start splitting for Dakota either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I can help you out too if you want DRDN. Had fun at this and it was good to see everyone again.

Shoutouts to Chi for going beastmode.
Shoutouts to the OoS ppl that showed to this. Hope to see you guys at Impulse.
Shoutouts to Rizk, Lain, Oblivion, Thugz, and all the other returning players.

Full shoutouts later.

LOE1

Smash Lord
LOE1's Legendary Shoutouts!
1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) :falco:/:metaknight:- ggs in bracket. I didn't expect to get bodied that hard by you lol. cant wait to play ya again!
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) :diddy:- I hate you so much lol. with every time you destroy me it makes me lose confidence in ever beating you :(. maybe one day that'll change. nice performance as always.
3: MJG :toonlink: :metaknight:- yoooo teach me how to take a set off of zinoto. didn't get to play ya this time, but I hope to play ya soon. nice job on 3rd.
4: LOE1 :wario:- 5th at ps5, 4th here, next time aiming for 3rd at a tourney this big.
5: Fizzle :metaknight:/:dedede:- **** ur dedede lol. you seemed to really know the mu. also, spotdodges ftw.
5: Kain :wolf:- ggz in brax. i was legit scared to play you, but this time ya didn't troll me like last time we played :p.
7: sneaky :rob:/:metaknight:- rob is so broken. i kinda like the dedede mu, but have no idea what the hell is going on with rob lol. now....what was that thing you said happened if ya lost to me? :denzel:
7: Sago :metaknight: :samus:- ggs in pools. ur mk came pretty close to beating me. nice job on 7th.
9: lain :metaknight: :popo:- where the ic at tho? i was expecting to have to play you instead of fizzle and get bodied. ya need to come to more tournies.
9: Clowsui :marth: - yoooooo clowsui going in! now im kinda glad we didn't mm, ya might have takin a game off of me :denzel:
9: Ksev :snake:- this man. you are improving so fast, beating blue rouge and stuff. keep it up, and you will be feared by others.
9: RizK :fox:- i remember when we used to hate each other lol. now we all cool. the livestream seemed to love you, ya should commentate more :p.
13: Stewy :popo:/:wario:/:metaknight:- boy am i glad i didn't have to play you. maybe next time i wont be so lucky...
13: Carls493 :fox:- ya need to teach me pm wario. i suck with him :(
13: Blue Rouge :wario:- close dubz set. sorry for kinda teachin ksev all about the wario mu lol. next time i see ya we gotta play.
13: Oblivion :snake:/:marth:/:falco: - i didn't even know ya had secondaries other than mk. just go what char you feel you'll do best with, and you'll be back on top :p.
17: Lordy :metaknight:- why have we still never played in tourney?
17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:- maybe i should go agro on you from now on. or maybe i should stop sandbagging :denzel: where my eggs over medium at?
17: fZk :diddy:- ur so good at pm lol. i know you'll do better next time in brawl tho. you got dis.
17: Lumi :metaknight: :wolf:- didn't get to play, but fun games in dubz.
17: Sorasin :falco: - didn't get to play either :(.
17: Ori_Bro :olimar:/:metaknight:- oriii. i know ur better than this, maybe just a bad day. next time ya gotta get top10
17: Nicole :peach:- yea, maybe peach is a bad character lol. but wario still sucks.
17: EddieG :peach:- always fun to talk to ya. i think i'll team with ya next tourney we both are at.

Shoutouts to my missing controller
Shoutouts to me almost puking at Bdubs
Shoutouts to zinoto wrecking me once again
Shoutouts to time outs.
Shoutouts to crews never happening.

Overall i liked this tourney. ending kinda late is just a MI thing lol, we all used to it. ya guys shouldn't stop TOing for a mistake though. just look back on it and fix it, make sure it doesnt happen again in the future. i think ya guys are good TO's :p

:wario:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Couple of things.

First of all, I'd like to say a few things regarding the whole top 3 pools and ending late situation. While you can't beat yourself up for TIO bugging out and deleting the PM bracket, that wasn't the only factor on why this entire situation was ****ed up. I feel like you set yourself up for failure with the original planning of the tournament.

The main reason why the pools ended up top 3 and didn't end up finishing had a lot to do with losing the PM bracket, but that wasn't the only culprit. Yo I'm exposing the true mastermind of the tournament ending so long: Lain, Fizzle, and Sago. But it's not the reason that might come to mind.

These 3 single handedly made the brawl tournament take at least 2 hours longer than it should have, because they had both PM and brawl matches to play simultaneously. Just as an example that match after that DRDN recorded against me VS chi, my next match was against fizzle on the same setup, which is over an hour apart. My quarter of the bracket was long done before the other side had a chance to catch up, and this has nothing to do with the players themselves (except maybe Lain lol). The real culprit for the delay was that people who had entered both brawl and PM that went deep into their brackets held up the tournament for a long time.

Now I know it isn't cool to tell people they can only enter one event, but something has to be reviewed to make sure that we can prevent or lessen this effect somehow. One possibility that you might consider would be to stagger the tournament schedule more so that PM and brawl singles overlap less, for example having PM singles occur first during brawl doubles, and having then doing PM doubles and brawl singles. That way, while PM singles might get delayed, the time that it takes for TOs to create pools after brawl doubles has finished could be used to help progress the last rounds of PM singles more smoothly. Just some food for thought.

On to Shoutouts.

1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) :falco:/:metaknight: - The greatest irony in the world is that you complain that I play 'gay' lmao. Good **** though, you better watch yourself if I see you in bracket.
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) :diddy:- Sad I didn't up playing you, but you know that I'm always waiting for that next game.
3: MJG :toonlink: :metaknight: - Yooooo, so glad you decided to chill with us in the hotel. But don't get upidy, your diddy is a fraud MM me any time.
4: LOE1 :wario:- Yo, I have no idea what your talking about. Please link me to where I talk about the consequences for me to lose to you.
5: Fizzle :metaknight:/:dedede:- So salty right now, can't even describe it. You should go to more tournaments, so I can beat that fraudulent MK.
5: Kain :wolf: - Lol the entire state of OH is fraudulent. Deal with it.
7: sneaky :rob:/:metaknight: - I played MK, great shame falls on my family.
7: Sago :metaknight: :samus:- STFU SAGO I'M TRYING TO FIND DIRECTIONS LMAO. Top 10 complaints were too good. Also that PM snake was sexy.
9: lain :metaknight: :popo: - I miss seeing you like on a monthly basis for good times. Get back in the scene, smash 4 is coming.
9: Clowsui :marth: - Good stuff Chi. You've climbed over a huge hurdle recently, it's time to get Cinci back on top again.
9: Ksev :snake:- Good stuff beating BR, I've got my eye on you.
9: RizK :fox: - Good placement, but seriously you gotta take it easier man. It's all good.
13: Stewy :popo:/:wario:/:metaknight: - We should play next time we meet.
13: Carls493 :fox: - Yo, don't tell me you didn't know about delphino stuff when you CP it. Cmon now.
13: Blue Rouge :wario:- You rusty meng. I expect you to place at least 3 higher than me.
17: Lordy :metaknight: - GGs, you forced me to play MK for the first time in like 3 years. Salt.
17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:- Good seeing you.
17: fZk :diddy:- Don't let our game get you down, our match was simply a difference of MU experience and confidence on my part, not difference of skill. You played scared after the first 20 seconds of the game when after I called your banana tosses, don't let me have my way by playing too conservative. You can't be an atheist when you play brawl; you gotta have faith.
17: Lumi :metaknight: :wolf: / Sorasin :falco: - We shall discuss our performance over heavy drinking this weekend.
17: Ori_Bro :olimar:/:metaknight:- Always a pleasure to see you again, thanks again for hosting this tournament along with Xatic. TOs are an undervalued treasure, I'm only to discover this recently my gratitude toward TOs. Keep at it, the MI scene looks really healthy. Salt.
17: Nicole :peach: - I understand that you got bracket ****ed, but keep you chin up, it's all good. Nothing good comes from getting mad at this game.
17: EddieG :peach: - SAAAAAAAALLLT. My ROB will have new tricks for you next time, don't think you can run away with my 2 dollars.

Future - Good to meet you, but ROB is ass, get out while you can.
Xatic - Even with everything considered, this was a pretty fun tournament. OH knocked each other out of losers, but it was probably our fault for all being in losers in the first place lmao. Honestly don't worry about the whole pools being unbalanced complaint, you can't really make accurate pools when almost half your attendance is coming OoS. Don't get discouraged, just try to really think what can be done even better next time.
Jiffy/Tutu - Sucks what happened in pools.
Thugs - STAY THE **** AWAY FROM MY BRACKET
If I missed anyone, I'm sorry but your gonna just have to deal with it.:cool:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Since I'm still organizing from my move, I'll make my shoutouts relatively quick.

- Thanks for everyone that came out. I know this event was a bit wacky since the Tio file crashed and other little hiccups, but thanks for sticking with us (most of you, that is.) I'm not sure if it's completely safe to completely blame Kyle since it crashed while I was looking up pools information, so I'm just going to blame Ori for it. Also, for anyone who I confused by saying I wasn't really a TO (since a decent amount of people came up to me asking for help), sorry, I didn't know I was actually considered a TO since I don't really do TO things, just stream stuff. I'll add a bigger/better explanation at the bottom.
- Rizzy for saying I've gained muscle and leaving me no shoutout </3
- Zinoto for being a God of Kindness as usual and dipping from P:M so I can feel like a good Mario.
- FishFlop for being awesome as always.
- Geno for coming back up. luv u bbygurl <3
- Air Bud
- Everyone that congratulate me for the YS WR <3
- Brawl for being a horrible game. Switching to P:M
- Kyle for adding :denzel: next to the first seed on the pool sheets. That was great.
- fZk for teaming with me in P:M, hope we can do it again. It was super fun and I think we could make it far if it wasn't for Wario ;~;
- West MI P:M because you guys are super legit and hopefully I can make it out there more for those tourneys. You guys are chill and I can't wait to play you guys more.
- Xatic's Laptop for making two out of two webcams to random start to smoke. What the hell is up with that?
- Me tripping at like 212% against Eddie while he was at 170%ish so he could NAir me ;~;
- Me again for being horrible at streaming and not actually doing my job. I don't know what I was thinking, but I completely neglected the stream this time and for anyone that had to cover for me, sorry x_x; I think I was over at P:M so much I pretty much forgot about Brawl.
- DRDN for being DRDN
- Tom/Legit, you can't post anymore because I get addicted to watching your gif x_x I always watch it for like five minutes. Also, sorry for having you cover the Brawl stream so much, that's completely my fault.

To anyone else I forgot, sorry, I always get a little sick after tourneys so I'm all sorts of super lazy. Video uploads will begin whenever I have time, which means video thread post will also come soon.

Now to address things Tom brought up (along with other things I heard around the tourney.)
- As I said, sorry for confusing people as to me being a TO, as far as I knew, I was't one. The others (Xatic, Ori, Kyle) I thought people knew, but it did seem super scattered as to who was doing what.
- Brawl Pools and part of Bracket did seem super stupid and I blame Ori :denzel:
- For the P:M bracket, I felt there wasn't too much we could actually do. Root and I played with that bracket FOREVER to figure out what would be good and there wasn't much we thought we could do with the byes. I don't think the P:M bracket was atrocious. However, I do find that P:M doubles bracket (8 teams) ending at the same time as Brawl doubles bracket (14 teams) ended at the same time was a bit ridiculous. I don't think it was all of the TOs fault for those delays because a lot of people suddenly wanted to eat like an hour or so into the doubles bracket and since the basement stores were closed, everyone had to travel out and get food. Also, people arriving late for Brawl doubles didn't help either. People were all sorts of lost and gone and scattered and when I could find them, I don't think people really notice when I ask them to go to stream ._.; I can't talk too much of the pools and/or bracket because I didn't help at all with those, but I know there was some trouble there.
- With the 4th seeds being dropped and people complaining about that, there isn't too much I'll say about that. From what I hear, however, Scott was pretty nice about it. I don't think I would have refunded the money (except for Tom because I know he helped with the stream and whatnot) because from it seems like people were sandbagging in pools, which I know happens a lot, but it's your fault you do. Stuff like what happened could happen again due to time restrains and then you're stuck getting dropped. Yeah, we said it was going to be top four, but hey, we have to do what we have to do. It's not the first time a MI tourney (PS3 comes to my mind) went from top four to top three due to time, but I don't recall people asking for money back from that. I just can't see how you could ask a refund for that. Also, I heard that people weren't too... "friendly" (I can't think of a better word) about asking for it back.

All in all, I do want to say sorry for how meh the tourney was overall. This is a crew thing and not just one person is to blame, unless it's Ori, then it's always entirely his fault. :yeahboi:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tako. I'm still terrible at stage MUs.
If your going to CP non starters then the entire purpose of picking those stages is having a better handle on that stage than your opponent. Knowledge of that stage is critical for CPs, and it's important for starters too.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Brawl Doubles: $20($10 Each)
14 Entrants - 60/30/10
If someone can help me fill out results from the image, I would greatly appreciate it.
The only missing info from the bracket is that top 3 was:
1. MJG/Kain
2. LOE1/SK
3. Nicole/Shugo

Thanks to Stewy for the housing, I had a lot of fun. I forgot to tell you in person :(
Also good stuff to Ksev!

MJG

Smash Hero
Did anyone find any headphones after the tourney was over?

Shoutouts to our carpool
Shoutouts to our TOs
Shoutouts to Room 405
Shoutouts to Top 10 complaints
Shoutouts to Deal With It.
Shoutouts to everyone I played.

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
- Tom/Legit, you can't post anymore because I get addicted to watching your gif x_x I always watch it for like five minutes. Also, sorry for having you cover the Brawl stream so much, that's completely my fault.
Oh?

:yeahboi:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lose to 2nd and 9th in PM -> dead last. Nice seeding, guys. I didn't mind because I wanted to play Sago but whoever put him next to me round 1 instead of ColdCut, etc. is a dumbass.

Ori's pool looked really tough this time around.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sneaky summarized my thoughts on this tourney as a TO. Just work on it next time. DON'T RUN PM AT THE SAME TIME AS BRAWL JESUS

SHOUTOUTS:
1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) - Nice seeing you baby boo. Stay fresh.
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) - I'm coming for you. 0-2 but not for long. Thanks for the advice.
3: MJG - yo00oo0o0ooo0o. Good stuff meng, sorry we didn't really get to kick it lol.
4: LOE1 - fq u I'll MM you sometime. You got better tho good ****.
5: Fizzle - FOZL I HATE UR ROB GO AWAY. Your Diddy sucks too I hate you. Nah but fun times, glad we picked you up.
5: Kain - Room 405. Swag swag
7: sneaky - Time to publish my manga. Racism of epic proportions...they'll definitely call me a racist. Also, crazy detour. Training time tonight.
7: Sago - Shufflin' Sam, y u lose all the time =(. Shoutouts to the top 10 reasons LOOOOL.
9: lain - yo how did I place the same as you? LMAO. I'm fraudulent. Loved seeing you tho bruh. Caitie says hi.
9: Clowsui :marth: - flo$$1n
9: Ksev - you're getting better. Work on that Flaoc MU
9: RizK - lol you should chill more. You're a nice dude but man you get heated too easy.
13: Stewy - get bopped by my Marth :denzel:. Nah keep practicing. I see your potential.
13: Carls493 - You're never going to win against me again. I'm learning how to fight Fox, and I'm sad I didn't get to bop you this tournament >:] till next time.
13: Blue Rouge - u suk
13: Oblivion - nice Snak. Your Marth is OK too.
17: Lordy - y u no felcon
17: SoulPech - good. Jiggs sucks.
17: fZk - fun 2 stocks LOL. Nice seeing you pimp
17: Lumi - get serious please.
17: Sorasin - <3 we're getting better. Sorry about the bracket.
17: Ori_Bro - GGs. Stop being so linear w Olimar. I know what you will do approximately 85% of the time.
17: Nicole - <3 sup qt. Glad you have your earrings back. MK ***** Peach, I stand by my statement of not caring about getting hit out of tornado. My scrub MK was gonna win the next game.
17: EddieG - nice to meet Angie. Fun times teaming. I need to remember how to doubles lol

Ron - stop spamming options lmao. You clearly know the game on a basic level but you keep using your strongest move and aim for trades 24/7 (especially as ROB)
Tutu - you suck
WTP - I'll read Act5P2 eventually
Jiffy - your Ness is too strong...
Legit - lol they thought Sorasin sucked + was a random and Fizzle wasn't originally in the pools because he didn't enter Brawl doubles (so his payment was mistaken for SK's singles payment, since SK entered Brawl doubles).

Oh yeah. The most important one of all.

5: Juushichi :sheilda: /:gw:/:rob: - ur a faget

I forgot Xatic, but he can just deal wid it. :cool:

JTsm

Smash Master
Lmao, I like how chi approximates a number on the number of times he predicted ori.

Shoutouts later.

Sago

Smash Lord
Okay so i got shoutouts for yall. havent dont this is a long time

1. I PLAYED SAMUS AT THIS. MY MK LOST!!!!!! get rid of that bat next to my name.
2. DEAL WITH IT
3. nice seeing everybody it was fun comming about despite being horribly out of practice. yall know who you are
4.Shout outs to people who left me shuotouts
loe1-lmfao gg's. you sayin good job on 7th like i should be proud?
rizk-gg's good fox. your the only reason theirs a bat next to my name :(
oblivion- you sure it was your fault? it might have been mine.
sneakytako- its hard out here for a screw smith. dealwithit

Dear Michigan,

I like you guys, it think your stand up dudes. This is not meant to be offensive, but could you please stop putting will smith and shaq next to everything you say. It loses its meaning over time.

Top Bottom