• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, not even that, since I've reported a pretty stupid glitch with the ICs, and got no response to it here. I then told shanus about it, he proposed a possible solution, posted that here, and still no response. I'm hoping that it's at least being looked at in the back room, but I have my doubts...
If it's like this, then, they probably are talking about it in the BR, more waiting will be needed

Yeah I saw your post and tested the bug ASAP, it's a stupid glitch, and a weird looking one

It's good to have shanus support in this

shanus

Smash Hero
ishared it with Blind as well, I don't know if it has been investigated or not

Blinds

Smash Cadet
Investigated: Yes. Released: Not yet. Why? Releasing DLC soon and planning on putting the glitch fix with it.

About not responding, people can always contact me or other members of the backroom for information. Or they could apply for the BR (applications being accepted until next Friday!) and potentially be in on all the discussions themselves.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Its been a while since I played serious with my friends, today I had some deadly matches with ManEg, Everything felt great, but skyworld needs some work on the boundaries. the matches were fast paced and tons of fun.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Am I the only one that feels as though there is a lack of hit stun in Brawl+? Many characters have set ups that will narrowly connect at varying percents, but just simply do not make it, and many combos for characters start off from high stun Dairs; something vBrawl was already capable of.

Also, just a note. Random on the SSS is broken. It will occasionally select stages that are set to OFF on the random stage selector.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one that feels as though there is a lack of hit stun in Brawl+? Many characters have set ups that will narrowly connect at varying percents, but just simply do not make it, and many combos for characters start off from high stun Dairs; something vBrawl was already capable of.

Also, just a note. Random on the SSS is broken. It will occasionally select stages that are set to OFF on the random stage selector.
Well first of all the hitstun was reduced awhile ago by only 2 points i think it was like .48 before and now its like .46 I know it doesn't seem like its that much but something factors in with the hitstun like moves are independent i think. I'm not really 100% positive on that.

some characters from what Ive noticed recover more quickly than others also depending on the hitstun type move. Example Mario recovers really quickly from it.

The thing about the random on the SSS this does it for me also for some unknown reason. I wish I could be more of help on the issue but I just manually select my stages for now.

jalued

Smash Lord

the problem you are feeling with the hitstun is due to the brawl airdodge beind so dam safe. Increasing the hitstun does not help the situation, as it just makes the game feel much less responsive.

vBrawl airdodge was a rushed and poorly thought out idea

BAD wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't fastfall it. Could use a bit of lag on the end of the animation as well, but eh. No point in discussing it now.

BEES

Smash Lord
BAD wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't fastfall it. Could use a bit of lag on the end of the animation as well, but eh. No point in discussing it now.
what are you trying to do exactly? eliminate airdodge approaches? that's the most strategic thing about them.

because that kind of change would not stop people from dodging out of combos instead of attacking. Seriously, you want to make attacks faster. The airdodge is the right speed. Offense is just too slow.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Not really. It's the BAD that makes the combo game bland, not the hitstun or the attack speed.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because then you'd have Wavedashing, and if you want wavedashing, you may as well play Project M.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Not really. It's the BAD that makes the combo game bland, not the hitstun or the attack speed.
Other than MAD, what would you suggest to potentially rectify this problem?

The BAD was already given extra start-up when executed out of tumble, and BADs have been universally shortened. What more should be done?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think it was Kupo who suggested making ADs slow you down in the air, kinda like doing a MAD without holding a direction (though not full stop like that) but still being able to act afterwards. But I'd rather not get into it. Brawl+ is long past the "make radical changes to gameplay" phase.

what are you trying to do exactly? eliminate airdodge approaches? that's the most strategic thing about them.

because that kind of change would not stop people from dodging out of combos instead of attacking. Seriously, you want to make attacks faster. The airdodge is the right speed. Offense is just too slow.
Not landing lag, just lag on the end of the animation. AD approaches wouldn't be affected, just the get out of combo free card.

Attack speed isn't really any slower than Melee. Only SHFFL speed is slower. And that's really not a huge problem.

D

Deleted member

3 Seperate Ideas:

BAD goes into free fall with the ability of fastfalling it being retained.

10-20 Frames of inability to do anything after BAD in the air.

10-20 Frames of inability to do anything when landing after using a BAD.

Ideas. Meh.

Ulevo

Smash Master
the problem you are feeling with the hitstun is due to the brawl airdodge beind so dam safe. Increasing the hitstun does not help the situation, as it just makes the game feel much less responsive.

vBrawl airdodge was a rushed and poorly thought out idea
Er.

as it just makes the game feel much less responsive.
That's what hitstun does... That's typically a good thing.

While you're in hit stun, you can't do anything. That includes air dodging.

The hit stun is too low because you can not only air dodge, but jump and aerial prior to most follow ups that should connect.

Increasing hitstun would help the situation, because airdodging is not the only thing preventing me from connecting combos in B+.

I disagree. If you're not fast enough to follow up, or if there is not a sufficient amount of stun to allow a follow up, I don't need to air dodge to stay safe.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
All right, I have to ask, why are the following codes even needed anymore?
-Hitbox Property Mod: PSA makes this useless
-Conditional Action: Go into PSA and change the Change Action=10 in a special to Change Action=E
-Gravity Mod: Again, PSA

And what do the following codes do?
-Rebound SFX
-Animation Mod: Can't BrawlBox be used for that?
-Jump Deadframe fix
-Airdodge from tumble fix
-Grab jump return

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Hitbox mod: Changes Ness's bat SFX (haven't figured out a way to do this in PSA yet) and has some Nana hitboxes that we haven't ported or perhaps can't port yet.

CAM: Fixes banana retripping issues and maybe some swimming things. Could probably be done with a PSA Injection but why bother when these already work?

Grav Mods don't function using the same parameters as are found in character pacs. We haven't figured out how to translate them yet, so we haven't.

Rebound SFX: attaches a sound to clanking hits. I admit it's not very loud, but I haven't tried to find a better one yet.

Animation Mod: Theoretically this is true, but nobody's exactly interested in translating over 400 animation tweaks to BBox. It'd also make the Brawl+ download absolutely massive.

Jump Deadframe Fix: Injection fixing the problem frame in the jump start animation that doesn't respond to controller input, buffered or no.

ADT Fix: the code responsible for lengthening the startup duration for ADs performed directly from tumble.

Grab Jump code: Supposed to fix the issue with grab-releasing opponents off the edge of the stage stealing jumps (or upBs from Sonic and Snake). Currently is no longer functioning and we don't know why. Still works in BBrawl, but I haven't gone through the code list and isolated the conflict.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Grab Jump code: Supposed to fix the issue with grab-releasing opponents off the edge of the stage stealing jumps (or upBs from Sonic and Snake). Currently is no longer functioning and we don't know why. Still works in BBrawl, but I haven't gone through the code list and isolated the conflict.
It still works for me, so I don't know why it's not for you. As for Sonic's/Snake's up-b grab-release, that has always functioned the same in Brawl+ with the code as vBrawl; I think it's better this way, anyway, since it's something that adds more depth in the game.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The type of grab release on Ness and Lucas is totally different than on Sonic/Snake. The former is just a total handicap, since a grab from anywhere spells doom. Whereas the one on Sonic/Snake just makes it so the Sonic/Snake player has to be smarter and more careful while recovering. And it gives a chance of a high reward for the edge-guarder if they can time a grab (which isn't that easy on Sonic's up-b), as opposed to a lower reward for just using an attack with a prolonged hit-box.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
eh i dunno but death by a grab seems dumb to me. Gimping makes sense, ledge guarding, Footstooling (lol), Meteor smashes all do. I personally overall think you should have to work to get your KO or rather victory not just rely on some dumb mechanic that you can abuse on characters who are strongly affected by it. If I wanted this I would go play VBrawl no offense but the fixes to dumb things like that are what make B+ great in the first place.

Honestly, Snake and Sonic really don't have to worry about this.

Sonic's recovery is invincible at parts and quite fast, so unless you are making a last ditch attempt to recover, or you have incredibly poor judgement you shouldn't ever be grabbed out of your UpB.

Snake can just C4 jump and try again.

Revven

FrankerZ
Snake can just C4 jump and try again.
By the time you can C4, you are already pretty well below the stage, not to mention every time I've seen a Snake getting grabbed out of their Up B and try to C4 jump, when they press Down B for some reason, Side B is activated instead (it's happened to me before even).

The point is, because the characters can potentially deal with it doesn't mean we shouldn't fix it, it's a glitch in the system Sakurai made that was never fixed by him. Just like we fixed the triple jump glitch (which affected specific characters who could also find ways around it as well), this should be fixed too.

Unless you're just saying that it's not a big loss if it can't be fixed and I wrote those two paragraphs for no reason in which case, getting it fixed still applies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yeah, personally i agree with grab releases eating snake's/sonic's up-b...you really have to screw up to give your opponent a chance to grab release you, and their recoveries are near-invincible anyways...

im on the fence about grab releases eating jumps, but i think it kinda makes sense that if you dont damage somebody, they dont get any parts of their recovery back

but on the other hand, i dont think the code ever applied to inhale releases, and i cant remember if that was a bug or a feature...

Ulevo

Smash Master
By the time you can C4, you are already pretty well below the stage, not to mention every time I've seen a Snake getting grabbed out of their Up B and try to C4 jump, when they press Down B for some reason, Side B is activated instead (it's happened to me before even).
I've never seen any really good Snake player have issues with this, personally.

And I've watched Ally play a fair bit.

The point is, because the characters can potentially deal with it doesn't mean we shouldn't fix it, it's a glitch in the system Sakurai made that was never fixed by him. Just like we fixed the triple jump glitch (which affected specific characters who could also find ways around it as well), this should be fixed too.
As a previous Marth main, I'll tell you that there was no reasonable solutions to that Up B glitch. Especially in match ups like vs Meta Knight. It was one of the key deciding factors that would often lead to the Marth losing. I also secondary PKT, and they too had major issues with this.

Sonic never gets grabbed out of his spring unless you have one person really paying attention, and one person not paying attention at all. Snake is just too good, and reactivating the cypher is generally safe with good positioning.

Unless you're just saying that it's not a big loss if it can't be fixed and I wrote those two paragraphs for no reason in which case, getting it fixed still applies.
I've seen that happen with frantic mashing of UpB after they are grab released and don't understand what happened, but I don't believe I've ever seen a Snake robbed of a C4 jump by random Nikita missiles.

It's not a "potentially deal with it" kind of situation. The only way you can get grabbed out of your up B with either of those characters is incredibly poor judgement, or a situation in which edge hogging would've killed you just as easily. Sonic's is invincible for a good portion of his rise, and Snake can do anything he wants out of his UpB, including air dodge.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just want to point out, the grab release thing applies to anyone with an up-B that lets the character act afterward, not just Snake and Sonic. This include G&W, Pit, etc.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
So we all know how Brawl+ removed tripping and other stupid little things like that right? Well there's still one stupid thing that was left in that messes up my game. It's when you try to fall through a platform and do a dair and instead of doing the move you do that twitch thing and stay on the platform. That is seriously annoying to me, and really messes me up sometimes. Maybe it doesn't effect other people, but it certainly effects me. Can this be looked into and hopefully be removed?

One other small thing that is not as important but I still think it needs work is the fastfall aerial timing. Maybe im crazy, but it bothers me. It's very noticable on floaty characters when you try to fastfall during an aerial string and the timing between the aerials in order for it to combo is very strict. So if you try to fastfall right after you do the aerial the awkward timing won't let you since you have to wait a little bit before you can fastfall after you do the aerial, effectively killing your combo. You could say why dont you fastfall first and then do the move, but due to the strict timing of the combo the other person will escape. Maybe you understand with I'm saying, maybe you don't lol.

The fastfall aerial thing is probably just me having a hard time with the fastfall timing, but the platform dair thing should still be removed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So we all know how Brawl+ removed tripping and other stupid little things like that right? Well there's still one stupid thing that was left in that messes up my game. It's when you try to fall through a platform and do a dair and instead of doing the move you do that twitch thing and stay on the platform. That is seriously annoying to me, and really messes me up sometimes. Maybe it doesn't effect other people, but it certainly effects me. Can this be looked into and hopefully be removed?
This only applies to platforms that move... And this is the side effect of the thing that allows you to quickly land on moving platforms in vBrawl. Getting rid of that side effect would most like get rid of the technique as well, which isn't smart to do since, IMO, it's one of the better things that came from vBrawl in Brawl+.

D

Deleted member

I'm finding its still way to easy to perfect shield stuff on the latest version. It occurs by accident often and without much effort when actually trying.

This is killing offensive actions like aerial to grab and people are brushing off projectiles like marshmallows being thrown. It slows down and often reverses offensive momentum which is an aspect of the overall game speed that some people seem to be dissatisfied with.

Revven

FrankerZ
The PS buffer is not perfect yet, it's still a bit buggy, so if it looks like you PSed something and your shield is invisible that is the bug part of it.

BEES

Smash Lord
Because then you'd have Wavedashing, and if you want wavedashing, you may as well play Project M.
Some of us want wavedashing without copying every aspect of Melee. I could use a new game, personally.

which is why I play brawl- these days

link2702

Smash Champion
i think i've decided....b+ will be the hack i'll be using, ya'lls scene is the largest, so i shouldn't have much trouble finding players online to play(smash scene in my state is like 2 hours away, soo.....no offline for me :( that goes for brawl melee or 64, with melee being almost dead, and 64 dead, so therefore just like brawl, majority of my time with b+ is gonna be strictly online...)

...its ironic i know....some folks might remember i was one of the people highly against the brawl hacks X_X it took facing a planker mk who timed me out, and some ******* IC who cg'd and waited tilll 300% damage each time before they KOed me, to finally push me to the limit, brawl is just too retardedly broken, to even bother with anymore, but since it was the smash that finally let me face real people, i can't really jump back to melee or 64, and just pwn the cpus and try to "have fun" i need real players to play against nwo, so one of the hacks, that have actually balanced the game, AND still give me the option to play online, is the way to go.

however...i won't be able to install it, or the homebrew channel, til after payday, i need to get another sd card(my current one has over 600 brawl replays and snapshots saved to it, I"m not deleting em all, i remember reading somewhere that you have to have a blank SD card to install em, or at least one of em, I can't remember...)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You don't need a blank SD Card. You just need enough memory left on the card to fit all of the files from the Brawl+ download. I'm not sure how much that is, exactly, though, but it it's definitely not that much. Like somewhere around 100 MBs at most? (Someone correct me if I'm way off.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom