• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
ledgestalling wouldnt be a problem if the ledge didnt pull you in from 100 feet away.
MK doesn't snap from 100 feet away sir, you have to be precise with him. And even if he does, if his snap distance was reduced he could still plank bloody well anyway because of the previous example I gave earlier: gliding under the stage to the next ledge.

Case in point: this is the fix came up with, simplest it can be since the set is going to be out for awhile, deal with it.

SGTR

Smash Rookie
wouldnt it be funny if MK could only grab the ledge if he was facing away from it
hahaha
but seriously, the new ledge grab limit is so sweet, much more MK balance

D

Deleted member

Remember last year's April Fools'. Ahhhh, good times. What was the supposed release? 4?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I like the ledge grab limit.

However, because it's being added, in my opinion, ledge invincibility should go up a little.

That and a total amount of 4 ledge grabs is low, and would prefer 5-6.

But that's just my opinion. :3c

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I also never use MK, nor do most of my friends, so it never occurred to me to protest to his ledge-stalling tactics.
But being able to drop and grab the edge again is a mindgame tactic I'm used to being able to do.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
That title screen is awesome, minus the FUN SPEED ACTIVATE part.
Thanks. I hate the Fun Speed Activate line too, but I kinda leave it in there as a 'mythology gag' kind of thing. Gotta remember the roots, ya know? That, and having "SUPER SMASH BROS. " in there three times that aren't the title got annoying for whatever reason.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Sorry, I don't like the gold title screen you made; nothing wrong with your alteration of the title, I just don't like the colors. If you guys make it downloadable, please don't force it in our SD cards, instead make it an option whether or not we want to download it. I like the current one we have the way it is.

iLink

Smash Champion
So I see things got fixed.

*goes to update*

EDIT: Hmm... FD/Halberd/Distant Planet/Rumble Falls still keeps freezing on me o.o I'm gonna try formatting to see if that does anything.

Also my Summit and New Pork City aren't changed for some reason, well they are somewhat. For example, New Pork never summons the Chimera and the breakable floor doesn't spawn back but it's still the vbrawl one. Summit is like vBrawl except it never shifts.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
A lot of things STILL didn't get fixed.

1. The code to replace Flat Zone 2 with WWR is still not in. (And for those that are wondering why FZ2 and not Hanenbow; Hanenbow has a much better chance to get a stage fix later than Flat Zone 2.)
2. Rumble Falls+ still doesn't have the Pokémon Trainer location fix. (And on a side note, same thing goes for SSE: Jungle, which after all this time, it's still like that. But I guess it was low priority. But now that characters are for the most part done, this can get more focus.)
3. Speaking of characters... Zelda and Sheik's Transform is back to vBrawl status (i.e. it doesn't have the frame edit + IASA).
4. Summit+ is still the non-squished version...
5. I'm happy that the proposed 60-Frame Delay Scar Jumping code got in (hurray for Melee-style Falcon scar jumping knee goodness), but the code is still named what the old code was named (not a big deal, here, though).
6. There is no Distant Waterfall code to go along with the Distant Planet pac...

Edit: And I'm curious: why does Brawl+ still use Gecko 1.9.1? I've been using 1.9.3.1 for a while, and it hasn't had freezing problems for me. Even the last couple of Gold releases didn't freeze. NONE of the reported freezes affected me...

Edit2: I forgot to mention how I love the anti-water-stall by limiting it to under 7 splashes. And I guess the 1 additional ledge grab is nice, too.

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
Mario needs more lift on his up b, give him his dthrow to doc punch combo back (wasn't overpowered before, don't know why you guys took it out), remove the flub from his fair to make it 4 frames of doc punch and 4 frames of spike, and give him less lag on his fireballs, give him his melee cape (the one where he can flip people shielding). Don't withhold great things from Brawl+ only because you guys want to put it in Project M. Jeez he is second to the worst character in the game, give him some love and don't listen to Cape. Mario is NOT fine.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
1. Nobody gave me the code for FZ2. I'm going to be putting it in the SSS when I make that anyway.
2. I thought I fixed that. I downloaded the new pac from the topic.
3. Download texture.zip and install all the Zelda/Sheik and PT files. Obviously don't overwrite any custom textures you want to keep. Transform times are being normalized by SD files instead of really dodgy IASA workarounds.
4. I think you may have gotten me there. I don't remember which one I downloaded and installed.
5. You're welcome.
6. Not sure what's going on with the official status of DP+ so I didn't include it.

Also, sorry for goofing the ledge limit, it was supposed to be 5, guess I changed the wrong number. It will be fixed along with the SSS.

TL?

Smash Ace
Ledge grab limit coded into the game? Why don't you just make consecutive ledge grabs give less invincibility frames?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
1. Nobody gave me the code for FZ2. I'm going to be putting it in the SSS when I make that anyway.
2. I thought I fixed that. I downloaded the new pac from the topic.
3. Download texture.zip and install all the Zelda/Sheik and PT files. Obviously don't overwrite any custom textures you want to keep. Transform times are being normalized by SD files instead of really dodgy IASA workarounds.
4. I think you may have gotten me there. I don't remember which one I downloaded and installed.
5. You're welcome.
6. Not sure what's going on with the official status of DP+ so I didn't include it.

Also, sorry for goofing the ledge limit, it was supposed to be 5, guess I changed the wrong number.
1. All you had to change were the last two digits of the second row of the old code from 08 to 18. But oh well; if you're releasing the SSS later, then that's fine. In the meantime, I'll add it myself.
2. The thread has the unfixed version, unfortunately. FrozenHobo said he was working on that, but I guess he didn't finish it or didn't give it to the WBR.
3. The IASA was what made the move actually good, though. And I've actually been using unedited texture pac files for Zelda & Sheik, in conjunction with the IASA on transform, this whole time in 6.0. :chuckle: I can't see why you can't just include both the pacs and the IASA, as the IASA made the move so much more useful. I don't think it's overdoing it.
4. The newer Summit+:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ntd0bd1zzwz
5. N/A
6. I see...

As for the ledge limit. I guess it's the way you define it. Right now, the 5th grab forces the get-up (as opposed to the previous one on the 4th). Not sure if you wanted to make it 5 safe grabs or not, though.

@TL?: Because that's harder to code than it sounds...

iLink

Smash Champion
I decided to try the Riivolution instead of the gecko method and I got this:

RSBE.xml: Downloading... Error!

Could not open E:\riivolution\RSBE.xml for writing.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
LOL, he actually gave it to me Sunday at HERB3, and I thought the one in the topic was the same one. ARGGGGG

Yeah, I just tested the ledge limit, and I see what you mean. I guess I did do as intended, just not what everyone was expecting.

I think I may have left out the Samus pac I was working on.

We also intentionally balanced the transform this way. I had known about the texture deal for a while, but it never got implemented. So, it was balanced that way. It was designed to take the punishability of the load time out, more or less. So, adopting static load times, we rebalanced the move the way it should have been from the very beginning. It's not horrible, just not unpunishable like Ryoko's change.

There's still a couple things I haven't seen commented on yet. I'll be waiting to see what people think.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, I just tested the ledge limit, and I see what you mean. I guess I did do as intended, just not what everyone was expecting.
I actually prefer it this way. 5 and 7, both prime (not like that means anything), being the magic number that you shouldn't reach for ledge and water.
We also intentionally balanced the transform this way. I had known about the texture deal for a while, but it never got implemented. So, it was balanced that way. It was designed to take the punishability of the load time out, more or less. So, adopting static load times, we rebalanced the move the way it should have been from the very beginning. It's not horrible, just not unpunishable like Ryoko's change.

There's still a couple things I haven't seen commented on yet. I'll be waiting to see what people think.
Yeah, I brought up the texture thing way back in the Zelda thread (don't know if it was before or after you were aware), but it didn't get a response from the Brawl+ staff... Anyway, it's a shame Ryoko's fix was removed, but it's not something I mind too much given the circumstances.

And I actually haven't been too free to play the game that much, so I'm curious as to what other changes were made that would be comments on.

PS: It's a shame VietGeek's camera mods aren't included in these .pac files. I guess I'll still be sticking with Kupo's camera code settings.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I also never use MK, nor do most of my friends, so it never occurred to me to protest to his ledge-stalling tactics.
But being able to drop and grab the edge again is a mindgame tactic I'm used to being able to do.
Yeah I agree, that's partly why it's not the ideal fix, BUT it's already coded and it's better than doing nothing, until someone figures out decaying ledge invincibility.

PS: It's a shame VietGeek's camera mods aren't included in these .pac files. I guess I'll still be sticking with Kupo's camera code settings.
Oh it didn't make it in? We were using Viet's fixes on Saturday night on the livestream without problem. I assumed they would be included. Oh well.

Seeing as that's an asthetic fix and not a balance change, I don't think it's out of the question to include in a patch in the near future.

shanus

Smash Hero
new edge code seems to work correctly now?

i cooked it up quickly yesterday so i hope so

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I forgot to ask: If you guys add the new SSS, will you add Temple+ to the stages, or just leave it as regular temple?

EDIT: Played 7-8 matches on 7.0.2 and everything seems to be working correctly. Summit+ is fixed, jungle still has pokemon trainer walking on battleground(fixable with the pac VietGeek posted) and...is common5 needed? since I would like to see Rumble falls pic now.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
viet, is the RF+ fix based on the version released last night? because i did some boundary/camera edits to it for Veril last minute. i'll check it later if i don't see your responces.

Suic

Smash Cadet
Great work guys I really enjoy the amazing amount of effort that has been put into this so far! All of my friends have abandoned VBrawl for this after I wouldn't stop talking about how much better it was haha. Will these camera codes and other level fixes that purposely or accidentally didn't make it into 7.0.2 be made into a patch in the near future or should I be expecting them in a major update several months from now. I'm not trying to rush things in any way; I just want to know if i should be checking the site every day or just every so often. Everything is much appreciated either way. Oh and another thing I was wondering; since the hard-coded ledge grab limit seems to be a temporary fix (at least according to several of the above posts), will the swimming one also be treated as such? I guess the way I imagine it is that each time you hop and land back in the water, you swim for less time before sinking...ultimately ending in the same result..instasink. This would be a little less abrupt than having it not decay...or maybe it's already done this way and I just don't notice because I rarely play water stages...or perhaps it wouldn't really be noticeable anyway. Anyway, just throwing a random idea out.

Suic

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming you are referring to the question about it being a patch or major update right? If so, ok cool then I will continue to check the brawl+ site daily for the final patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom