• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I downloaded the updater loaded gecko loaded brawl plus gold went to training tried to play c. falcon on final destination started to move and the game froze...i tried on battlefield and the same thing happened,is this happening to other people? redownloaded the updater with the same results,any idea how to fix this
Nice troll.

LaserCatz

Smash Rookie
haha guess i should have read the other 93 pages before typing hahaha,anyone have an idea when to expect a patch

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth, it's nice to know that people are working on these issues and that you guys post in here.
Big fan of B+ and always will be. Good luck on finding solutions :D

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
WE ARE WORKING ON FIXING THE FREEZING ISSUES

There is only 1 problem code that was made by Kirk/Blind that is freezing EVERYTHING. As soon as we get the new code, this will fix 100% of the freezing issues that people are having issues with.

A second patch (7.0.2) should be coming tonight that will not only have the codes to fix it, but several new stages and a few more stages fixed as well.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Wait until the ides of March...

wait...

wait until the sun sets on the eastern face of the moon and so it will be that a great hope will come upon the darkness and impeding light.

EDIT: I propose new title announcement until patch be called: WE WORKIN' ON FIX. YOU COMPLAIN, YOU GET ICE CAR'D.

Wanky

Smash Rookie
I've actually noticed that the game just freezes when I try to dash with any character. Jumping around and using moves works perfectly fine, provided I don't start a dash.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Bionic, why don't you just lock the topic for now? But then, there might be new topics created asking why it freezes lol.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow to re-download, got work to do anyways, my life isn't smash, haha.

Just confirming, this second patch will be posted on brawlplus.net correct?
thnx

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice

wait...

wait until the sun sets on the eastern face of the moon and so it will be that a great hope will come upon the darkness and impeding light.

EDIT: I propose new title announcement until patch be called: WE WORKIN' ON FIX. YOU COMPLAIN, YOU GET ICE CAR'D.
Better yet, this is the perfect opportunity for an April Fools prank.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
So uhhh I just downloaded the premade package, played 5 games. No issues at all.

Granted I don't have any custom anythings yet. I'll let you know if I find anything.
(When I try to run it with my custom textures it goes to hell :D )

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Bio, remember to add Rumble Falls+ and WWR over flatzone on the freeze- fix patch, also check out whats wrong with summit+. it's just not working(had ir working before the 7.0 update. Also, my screen says 6.0 Gold, not 7.0

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
Bio, remember to add Rumble Falls+ and WWR over flatzone on the freeze- fix patch, also check out whats wrong with summit+. it's just not working(had ir working before the 7.0 update. Also, my screen says 6.0 Gold, not 7.0
Why is WWR going over Flatzone?
Why not Hanenbow?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the problem with summit+ is a line is missing from the level freezer code. i'm going to quote this and add a tally mark for every person that comes in here complaining about it.
k, we start with 2.

Veril

Frame Savant
OK. Here's the deal.

The issues with several of the stages are caused by the ledge freezer code. This is a simple fix and nobody should get worried about it. The crashes are caused by one of our single most critical new codes (the one that removes the ability to plank or ledgestall beyond 3 ledgegrabs). Right now both of these are being worked on and a fix will come soon.

I'm very sorry for the delay.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
*****ing and demanding fixes in a program when the errors are already known is acceptable when the customer in question is paying for the product. When its done by a bunch of guys and girls out of their spare time for free then your *****ing becomes a display of your appreciation for things given to you.

Long story shot, don't ***** about the color of a cake when its given to you for free.
Wait...

There are girls in here?

Nah I'm still here :p

What is this nonsense, no ledgestall beyond 3 ledgegrabs???
That's totally unnecessary.
>_>
I agree it's not the ideal way to prevent planking, but it's the simplest to program and obviously effective, and better than leaving it the way it is.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Wait...
I agree it's not the ideal way to prevent planking, but it's the simplest to program and obviously effective, and better than leaving it the way it is.
But I don't really think its necessary at all. In Melee you could ledge-stall as much as you wanted and no one cared, why should B+ be different?
btw dude, you can ignore the complaint I posted on ur youtube profile, I'm nahor88, lol.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The ideal way was to cut down on the invincibility frames every time you grabbed the ledge, right? Well whatever you guys can do for now. Does this mean we won't have any invul frames after the third time or will we just not be able to grab the ledge?

Bio, remember to add Rumble Falls+ and WWR over flatzone
WWR can be included without replacing anything. PWs SSS.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
But I don't really think its necessary at all. In Melee you could ledge-stall as much as you wanted and no one cared, why should B+ be different?
btw dude, you can ignore the complaint I posted on ur youtube profile, I'm nahor88, lol.
Melee didn't have Metaknight.

In all seriousness, ledgestalling was a lot less effective in Melee.

And don't worry, I did :p

The ideal way was to cut down on the invincibility frames every time you grabbed the ledge, right? Well whatever you guys can do for now. Does this mean we won't have any invul frames after the third time or will we just not be able to grab the ledge?
Yes, that is the ideal way. Just isn't feasible to code at the moment, so we have to make do.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
takes too long @.@

i think you're stuck on the ledge for longer in melee, too
feels that way anyway
jcaeser or someone smart, bust out the frames

Revven

FrankerZ
The main reason is MK's planking among other ways to abuse the ledge with other characters that are less effective than what MK can do. There's a ledge grab limit because it is impossible to enforce it as a rule in tourneys, if you've ever watched M2K vs GNES (I'm pretty sure that was the MK vs Diddy match... could be wrong) while he doesn't plank, he finds a way around the ledge grab rule instated by gliding under the stage to each ledge, stalling the time while he had the % and stock lead.

With a ledge grab limit hard coded into the game, that stops the above problem as well as alleviates it from having to be made a rule or otherwise a banned strategy and just makes it nonexistent entirely.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Have you seen the kind of frame advantages you get for planking?
In vBrawl MK is almost perfectly invincible as he does it. Executed frame perfectly it is virtually impossible to stop MK from planking. It's bad ._.

Granted, it isn't as bad in B+ with reduced invincibility on the ledge, it is still a fully viable strategy that detracts from the game.

The ledge is a much safer place in Brawl than it was in Melee.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Granted, it isn't as bad in B+ with reduced invincibility on the ledge, it is still a fully viable strategy that detracts from the game.

The ledge is a much safer place in Brawl than it was in Melee.
B+ has reduced the invincibility on the ledge... why don't you just... REDUCE the invincibility, instead of instituting a ledgegrab limit code? Make it the way it is in Melee, whatever those frames are.

Revven

FrankerZ
B+ has reduced the invincibility on the ledge... why don't you just... REDUCE the invincibility, instead of instituting a ledgegrab limit code? Make it the way it is in Melee, whatever those frames are.
Going to quote my post again:

Falco400 said:
The main reason is MK's planking among other ways to abuse the ledge with other characters that are less effective than what MK can do. There's a ledge grab limit because it is impossible to enforce it as a rule in tourneys, if you've ever watched M2K vs GNES (I'm pretty sure that was the MK vs Diddy match... could be wrong) while he doesn't plank, he finds a way around the ledge grab rule instated by gliding under the stage to each ledge, stalling the time while he had the % and stock lead.

With a ledge grab limit hard coded into the game, that stops the above problem as well as alleviates it from having to be made a rule or otherwise a banned strategy and just makes it nonexistent entirely.
Reducing the invinc more is also really, REALLY, stupid. I shouldn't even need to explain why it is. It won't do anything but hurt people recovering even more as well as ledge hop attacks.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For anyone who can actually play the current set: is it just me, or are the frame speed modifications for Zelda/Sheik transformation gone now?

This is one of those cases where Melee CANNOT and imo WILL NOT be the gold standard. We can't change Melee now (mechanics wise). Even if we did, no one would play it (the game is nearly a decade old so any balance attempts are pretty much frowned upon [even if it were official: see HD Remix]).

Ledgestalling in Melee is can get MUCH worse than Brawl imo. Just because the people who still support Melee don't rage about it every other day doesn't mean we, whom people like you 'support' to make Brawl "more balanced", can equally turn a blind-eye to it despite it being within our ability to rectify a rather huge design flaw within the smash engine that we've all known about for quite some time...and I'm sure HAL (Melee) and Sora (Brawl) are aware of too (but don't care too much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom