• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
IIRC, a similar glitch occurred with Snake's Dthrow quite some time ago. I don't know what was done to fix it though.
It was a result of trying to speed up the throwing animation globally (this was before we even had the frame speed mod and had to control this stuff all with separate codes for universal stuff). It was "fixed" by removing the code.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well, this definitely needs to be worked on. D:

Ally, Mew2King, M2K, KOS-MOS, Mang0, Cactaur, ChuDat, Chu, Mango, Azen, DSW, Shiz, Kage, Linguini, Hungrybox, Zhu, Jman, Scar, Silent Spectre, Atomsk, ADHD, DSF, Anti, NinjaLink, AndyG, Dojo, Lee Martin, Ultimate Razor, Inui, Candy, Boss, Taj, Bum, SK92, Kismet, DEHF, Leepuff, Koskinator, lain, CO18, neo, tyrant, dabuz, anther, overswarm, fiction, reflex, gimpy, gimpyfish, Peepee, Wobbles, SamuraiPanda, Bowyer, Judge, Ankoku, Quivo, AlphaZealot, Xisin, Hunger, Lucky, Eggz, Eggm, Sliq, Wife, chillin, meep, Royr, hylian, DMG, plank, spamerer, kingace, dazwa, fatal, blackwaltz, jash, chip, afro thundah, seibrik, lambchops, holy nightmare, mike haze, snakeee, dmbrandon, MalcomM, Santi and Hugs

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Eggm, Sliq, Wife, chillin, meep, Royr, hylian, DMG, plank, spamerer, kingace, dazwa, fatal, blackwaltz, jash, chip, afro thundah, seibrik, lambchops, holy nightmare, mike haze, snakeee, dmbrandon, MalcomM, Santi and Hugs
Ally, Mew2King, M2K, KOS-MOS, Mang0, Cactaur, ChuDat, Chu, Mango, Azen, DSW, Shiz, Kage, Linguini, Hungrybox, Zhu, Jman, Scar, Silent Spectre, Atomsk, ADHD, DSF, Anti, NinjaLink, AndyG, Dojo, Lee Martin, Ultimate Razor, Inui, Candy, Boss, Taj, Bum, SK92, Kismet, DEHF, Leepuff, Koskinator, lain, CO18, neo, tyrant, dabuz, anther, overswarm, fiction, reflex, gimpy, gimpyfish, Peepee, Wobbles, SamuraiPanda, Bowyer, Judge, Ankoku, Quivo, AlphaZealot, Xisin, Hunger, Lucky, Eggz, Eggm, Sliq, Wife, chillin, meep, Royr, hylian, DMG, plank, spamerer, kingace, dazwa, fatal, blackwaltz, jash, chip, afro thundah, seibrik, lambchops, holy nightmare, mike haze, snakeee, dmbrandon, MalcomM, Santi and Hugs
Ally, Mew2King, M2K, KOS-MOS, Mang0, Cactuar, ChuDat, Chu, Mango, Azen, DSW, Shiz, Kage, Linguini
you spelled cactuar worng, and i think Malcolm as well
And where's Hiemie in all this? Isnt he the original name searcher?
Hungrybox, Zhu, Jman, Scar, Silent Spectre, Atomsk, ADHD, DSF, Anti, NinjaLink, AndyG, Dojo, Lee Martin, Ultimate Razor, Inui, Candy, Boss, Taj, Bum, SK92, Kismet, DEHF, Leepuff, Koskinator, lain, CO18,
Aww snap 2 posts from 1000! what to do, what to do...*plots while laughing evilly*
neo, tyrant, dabuz, anther, overswarm, fiction, reflex, gimpy, gimpyfish, hiemie, Peepee, Wobbles, SamuraiPanda, Bowyer, Judge, Ankoku, Quivo, AlphaZealot, Xisin, Hunger, Lucky, Eggz,

_clinton

Smash Master
I found Utilt useful in some situations. It's a pretty decent buff, in my opinion. All it was mainly meant to do was to make using his Utilt safer and allow him to Uair after it (which is possible). The DA imo, is fine, it's close to how Falcon's works except pops them up instead of pops them forward and up. Dsmash yeah, it doesn't work that well at all. Probably should just get rid of it and fix the initial hit instead.
Utilt doesn't go into Uair or Bair at higher % though (and it is at around the time it would start to kill well with Uair)

And the horizontal range on it is very bad compared to other moves like it...still...it is safer (and still chances are breaks through/trades with everything)

Like I said...I'm on 50/50 with the dash attack...I really don't know if it truly needs the fix...because overall the main thing I try to hit people with is the 3rd hit...

At least we agree on Dsmash's current issues (even with the speed up and set up...it is worthless because of hit stun being bad)

Personally...I'd rather boost around the world to be faster if anything (walk the dog is ok overall w/o the set up)

I'd do this to them
Speed up both yoyos (Usmash comes out on frame 8, Dsmash comes out on frame 10...but that is just for the charge hit...not the main one)

They don't need to kill (which they don't unless you get a yoyo spike...and even then...that only works on certain situations)...they are defense moves (which are ok in vBrawl...however Brawl+'s speed boost makes me feel they both need to be faster if they can still find use)

As for the bat...it needs a power boost as I use it more...the tipper should at least outdo Marth's IMO

I still hate the short hop...and to be fair...if DJC is in like you say it is (granted I'm aware you've said it isn't done)...what is the point of Ness' short hop?

I love the Dair boost...it isn't broken at all...

I still think Ness needs a momentum boost if his air game is to be good in Brawl+'s environment...

Also...I wasn't kidding about Mario randomly freezing for online play after certain moves it seems (I'll admit I haven't tried it offline yet)

Revven

FrankerZ
I still hate the short hop...and to be fair...if DJC is in like you say it is (granted I'm aware you've said it isn't done)...what is the point of Ness' short hop?
)
It's a temporary sort of thing until we get DJC working properly *cough* Almas needs to fix it up *cough* and it does some nice things for Ness in the mean time (Fair and Dair are a bit better overall). I don't like the SH height much either but, it does make him a bit better for now (and apparently allows him to do decently well against a fairly decent MK). I have some Ness offline matches I'm gonna get up soon with the new stuff he has in 6/10 to show what I mean and I DO still get ***** pretty bad but, I have some nice stuff to show against MK.

Overall, he needs just some more work. He's almost there though.

_clinton

Smash Master
It's a temporary sort of thing until we get DJC working properly *cough* Almas needs to fix it up *cough* and it does some nice things for Ness in the mean time (Fair and Dair are a bit better overall). I don't like the SH height much either but, it does make him a bit better for now (and apparently allows him to do decently well against a fairly decent MK). I have some Ness offline matches I'm gonna get up soon with the new stuff he has in 6/10 to show what I mean and I DO still get ***** pretty bad but, I have some nice stuff to show against MK.

Overall, he needs just some more work. He's almost there though.
I don't see how Dair is better overall because of a shorter short hop...but whatever...

I also personally thought Fair was just fine with Ness' normal hop (and that the main things that get buffed from this shorter hop are Bair and Uair)

But I'll say this...as long as Ness' short hop can jump over things like Sheik's needles, and Wolf's laser...I think I'm ok with it

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
So about making samus not suck...She needs her sex kick back. Bair and dsmash should be buffed too imo.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
woah
woah
woah
woah
WOAH

Pimp Grimer and Pimp Dorf need to hang out some time.

On the issue of Samus, she is some we are looking at to decide how much help she needs, if any.

Dair autocancels and hits the ground fast enough to land all kinds of stuff off of it with the stupid low SH.
I see the point of it, and it does make some of his aerials have some new uses. Not better uses, just new ones.

However, that SH height feels absolutely awful on Ness. I've found myself actually playing him less because of it.

Other than the yoyo buffs, and possibly momentum, I agree with everything _clinton said

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Is there any way to make it so that pit can go into fall mode (from WoI mode) by pressing airdodge or something. This will make it so that pit can grab ledges so he wont get gimped, but wont make his recovery OP.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
woah
woah
woah
woah
WOAH

Pimp Grimer and Pimp Dorf need to hang out some time.

On the issue of Samus, she is some we are looking at to decide how much help she needs, if any.
nah nah nah shonz this is Pimp Muk! Don't be confusin him with his kids.

IMO if anything the sex kick is a necessity. I don't even main/use samus (in fact I hate using floaties) but she was the embodiment of sex kicking...

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
which set had falcon's gentleman? I wanna play around with that one when I go 2 my sisters house. she's got a wii and ima hax it and do all types of brawl+ shiz

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol okay guys but in melee samus had the best sex kick. doc's was good but not as powerful.

imo sonic needs some buffs too he kinda sucks balls.

Magus420

Smash Master
The hitbox just hangs around attached to those limbs until he goes into a different animation, even after he goes into the normal falling position at the end of the move and after he can interrupt it. You can easily tell it wasn't intended and it just doesn't have a point set to have the hitbox end, and it's not like they didn't mess up other attack's hitbox timings. Ganon's n-air was timed wrong in v1.0 and the 2nd kick has the hitbox on it before that leg is even extended, and then when that leg does kick there's no longer a hitbox. That one was fixed in later versions though.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
The purpose of a low SH was to emulate DJC, though now we can have the best of all worlds. However, I can concede that it is too low.

I still say Ness needs some kind of momentum. Not much, though. Maybe 110 or 115%.

As for utilt, it's nice, but I'd take other buffs over it, such as a yoyo buff.

In terms of buffing yoyos, Dsmash could be made into a good edgeguarding move, or maybe speed it up so that it's good at catching roll dodges. I have no idea what to do for usmash, though.

The dash attack is fine, if not schizophrenic. It's heavily reliant on the third hitbox hitting in order to pop them up for a bair or uair. While this hitbox doesn't always hit, it is still good to techchase with.

Fair is still stupid easy to DI out of, unfortunately. However, dair is pretty good now. Though I have been noticing that the sourspot has been hitting more often than usual. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using the move more or not.

The bat is in need of a power buff. A tipper bat should be more rewarding than a tipper fsmash from Marth.

Also, lol @ magus for Melee sillyness.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Fsmash is good for what it is already imo, not sure why buffing it would help Ness when it's not really the reason he fails.

All I can suggest is make the yoyos actually kill at reasonable percentanges like in 64 when they were amazing. I don't think upsmash needs a speed buff, I have no absolutely no problem getting that move to hit. The problem is the knockback. It just doesn't kill so it's not worth using.

As for dsmash..that move is just weird and even if it killed I wouldn't really rely on it for KO'ing because it's just too unsafe. An endlag buff would just make it hard to punish, wouldn't really help the move itself... Maybe try changing the trajectory so the move (if in front) hits you horizontal so it's worth tossing out for positioning purposes.

Wow, interesting stuff o.o Thanks for the info magus

Guys, the Community Stage Pack released their 2nd beta.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234992

Glitches edges are apparently fixed now. I haven't gotten to check it out yet, but this means it should be a clear go ahead to introduce them into the next Nightly for testing.
Ummm custom stages...?

Kinda lame but that's just me.

I always hated the idea of playing on a generic stage builder stage even if it meant more variety in tournaments. I'd rather see people try to bring some of those amazing SSE stages into play.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
...SSE isnt happening soon. Or at all. :V

Considering we have no access to that partition AND we can recreate the stages with stage builder.

That and there are people who have completely cut off the SSE partition from their ISOs. :/

Rather than fault them for their personal preferences, go with the more a more rational decision that doesnt give the hacker team more **** to do when they have enough as it is. :V

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Plus, you can texture hack Custom Stages. So, if there was a dedicated texture hacker, we wouldn't have to play on boring looking stages either.

I mean, I'm sure you could go to Kittycorp and find tons of people willing to help out lol.

D

Deleted member

the only problem is - (i don't recall if this is possible) can we put the homemade neutrals on a random selection?

Rion

Smash Journeyman
So, I played Brawl+ for a long time tonight. I'm a Zelda main (albeit, an average one) so playing with her in this new setting was really interesting. It was really fun and I'm really hoping to get a chance to play it again sometime!

But to stay on topic, some things I've thought about some changes for Zelda:

Zelda's grab has issues.

Standing Grab Frames Comparison

Zelda - 12 Frames

People who have a equal/slower standing grab than Zelda:

Link - 12 Frames
Toon Link - 12 Frames
Ivysaur - 13 Frames
Lucas - 13 Frames, but was sped up by 1.5x!
Zero Suit Samus - 16 Frames
Yoshi - 17 Frames
Samus - 17 Frames

Everyone else who is not listed, has a faster standing grab. From what it seems, everyone who has a equal/slower grab than Zelda are long range grabs.

It's a bit weird that a normal grab has the same speed as Link/ Toon Link's Hookshot grab. Even weirder, her running grab is 11 frames. If there's any chance for her grab to be sped up a bit, that would be nice. :dizzy: At least to something a little more standard for a normal grab.

===

Her jab also is terribly slow to be called a "jab".

Startup: 1-10 <= Wut.
Hitbox: 11, 13, 15 (3 hits) <= More Wut.
Cooldown: 16-23

Compared to someone like Ganondorf's Jab:

Startup: 1-7
Hitbox: 8, 9
Cool Down: 10-34

But that got improved even!:

- Ganons jab frame 0: 3.5x, frame 20: .5x, frame 28: 3x

I think the utility of it is what confuses me a bit. It's not really good damage for it's speed(6%), it's knockback is mediocre(which is normal for a jab usually, but some jabs have decent knockback) not to mention it's rather flaky hitboxes... so what exactly is the purpose of this jab? At least if it was faster, for example, that would give it a clearer utility. I just feel that a good jab would help Zelda game a lot. Whether it's made faster or stronger or something, I feel like it warrants some sort of adjustment. This is just me though!

===

Those are the two things that seem to bother me the most. With just a small amount of tweaking, they could be much more useful. Hopefully, this isn't too unreasonable...

Sleeping time now though. It's way too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom