• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Have you guys thought about adding in the Community Stage Pack to this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234992

I've been playing with it on for like 3 days now (offline, obviously) and it really adds a lot to the game. All the stages are balanced and some are more fun then the normal stages (I LOVE Desolate Plateau...and the new FD is better in basically every way.)

You should really consider it.

Revven

FrankerZ
also..who asked for zelda buffs? she was already pretty good..and its like she just got buffs for no reason. but whatever.
Nobody asked for them, you're right. It's all RyokoYaksa. So if you have something to ask about, he's the one to talk to about it. Also, the stuff she's been getting are to actually FIX her moves, not buff them.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Have you guys thought about adding in the Community Stage Pack to this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234992

I've been playing with it on for like 3 days now (offline, obviously) and it really adds a lot to the game. All the stages are balanced and some are more fun then the normal stages (I LOVE Desolate Plateau...and the new FD is better in basically every way.)

You should really consider it.
oh ****! those are soem nice stages they got here. gonna DL this now and see what i can.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Stingers it still has bugs to work out though.
That Wolf thing at the bottom? I actually saw it and played around with Wolf to test it, and I haven't had anything come up yet <.< so it must be as rare as like, falling through Delfino when it transforms or something. And we still play with Delfino :laugh:

cman

Smash Ace
That Wolf thing at the bottom? I actually saw it and played around with Wolf to test it, and I haven't had anything come up yet <.< so it must be as rare as like, falling through Delfino when it transforms or something. And we still play with Delfino :laugh:
If the stage gets as much play as delfino, it will probably happen a lot more. However, then we could just fix it. I agree they should be at least added to the nightly test builds for a while to see how they are and find any bugs, etc.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ivy is screwed on Destination Zero, her tether doesn't work.
*Tries*

Oh, you're right o.o Well that's just one of the bugs that needs to be worked out then...

Edit: If you mash B when you hit Up B to tether it seems to zoom Ivy up before she falls off...so it's still playable I guess lol

D

Deleted member

Delorian, you started playing Ness like a week ago -_-
I saw you proclaim that you just started playing him right after you were talking about how great his Dtilt PK fire "combo" is. For one thing you haven't been playing him long enough and for another that's not a combo and his Dtilt is not very good at all.

And the Dsmash buff needs to be removed Falco, its pretty pointless.
...? I played Ness in vBrawl pretty regularly. Lol @ there being a minimum play-time requirement to have an official "main".

This is coming from the guy who claims he has "tertiaries"... And yeah, what I posted works.

Also, Delorian?!

Fail, dude.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Nobody asked for them, you're right. It's all RyokoYaksa. So if you have something to ask about, he's the one to talk to about it. Also, the stuff she's been getting are to actually FIX her moves, not buff them.
then why is it her upb is less punishable by speeding it up? i thought balance was fixing strengths and keeping weakness.. but meh, im not even gonna ask. most likely he just wants those things because he probably mains the character.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Sorry for getting your name wrong. And just because he is my tertiary does not mean I don't play him. I only have one main and one Secondary so if I wanted to I could just say he is my other secondary. And yes, you should play a character for a while before you provide input on them.

I have been playing Ness for a while, he was my first secondary for a while, then I decided to try to get into Luigi again. I'm still probably better with Ness than I am with Luigi.

Revven

FrankerZ
then why is it her upb is less punishable by speeding it up? i thought balance was fixing strengths and keeping weakness.. but meh, im not even gonna ask. most likely he just wants those things because he probably mains the character.
I don't think it's bias, there's a legitimate reason for it.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I don't think it's bias, there's a legitimate reason for it.
whats the reason? i havent been able to play for a month so ill test it out next smashfest i go to. i can understand the other things since you said they weren't buffs, just fixes, (even though i consider the size thing on her fair a buff, not saying its overpowered but its a buff in my eyes). Although I think her upb should go back to it's regular landing lag.

Revven

FrankerZ
whats the reason?
I don't remember the reason, like, at all. I don't main her so I really don't know. Originally, it was just going to be start-up that was being sped up and for some reason was changed to wind-down (that reason I'm not aware of as I don't use Zelda at all, I hate her with a burning passion). So, you shouldn't be asking me.

Edit: Ryoko said the reason is because she can barely move after her Up B much like Wolf and Falco for example. So the wind-down gives her a bit more time to move from after using her Up B.

Ryoko had nothing to do with the change other than giving the idea to it, he didn't actually implement it (but the smashes and Fair, he did do those hitboxes and such, so if you have problems with those feel free to talk to Ryoko).

Edit 2: Also keep in mind that the wind-down isn't 2x anymore, it's 1.5x I think so it's definitely still punishable if you predict it right. (And I think it was still punishable even at 2x).

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had nothing to do with the current state of Zelda's Up+B.

That particular move has multiple weaknesses in the long startup, lack of distance control, and extremely punishable aerial reappearances with long landlag and lack of aerial control. The attack that comes with it on reappearance is also not foolproof.

If you want to punish her out of Up+B, time your attack better where she lands, be aggressive and attack her before she even gets a chance to disappear, or take an extra priority to attack her destination point if you know she will reappear in the air. Her aerial landing from the move is a binary function and was originally ridiculously long. It (the aerial landing) is just a littler quicker and is still quite punishable. As far as I know, the original reappearance wind down was done to address air control issues after reappearing.

Kief

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to make projectiles like Samus's charge shot or Link's arrows never disappear unless they hit something/reached the boundaries?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Delorted, can you extensively test you PK Fire -> dtilt against a human? Whenever I try to do this to an active CPU, they powershield one of the hits of PK Fire and roll away.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So, any word on those Custom Stages yet? I think we should give them a test run in the next nightly build...they really are very fun. Like, way more fun then any vBrawl stage :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Delorted, can you extensively test you PK Fire -> dtilt against a human? Whenever I try to do this to an active CPU, they powershield one of the hits of PK Fire and roll away.
I'll try to get some footage, maybe tonight even. If I send replays to one of you guys, will you be able to upload it to youtube?

Revven

FrankerZ
So, any word on those Custom Stages yet? I think we should give them a test run in the next nightly build...they really are very fun. Like, way more fun then any vBrawl stage :laugh:
They need to be debated extensively. The main issue is that you can't specifically pick the stage through striking in tournaments. Also, the stages aren't quite 100% bug free yet. Chances are, you won't see them in any set yet but, they will be considered at some point down the line (be it to debate or actually distribute them in the set).

Unless you meant just to get them around for testing purposes, which I guess would be fine.

Would it be possible to make projectiles like Samus's charge shot or Link's arrows never disappear unless they hit something/reached the boundaries?
We have no control over how long projectiles last or whether or not the will disappear once going past the boundaries. Boundaries eating projectiles will likely be fixed but the duration of projectiles probably won't be dealt with.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I don't think they should be in an official build, just in the next nightly or something so they can be tested and feedback can be gathered.

Revven

FrankerZ
Also, why can't they be stricken in tournaments? o.o

edit: **** i forgot you can't dp <.<
'Cause the Custom Stage button in Random affects ALL Custom Stages. (This would mostly apply to the Custom Stages that are neutrals and could be set into the starters section).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
All customs would have to be neutrals because of what you said. Which isn't a big deal, they're all neutral worthy...nothing wrong with having more neutrals. We already added Warioware, PS2, and Mansion, so...why not?

Just need to get a few bugs ironed out and it'll be awesome.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hey Ness mains, rejoice!

We basically just figured a very very clever method to add DJCing to Ness. It's a pretty sexy method, so I'm pleased haha

We need one last thing to get it to work exactly as we want, but we are very close.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
having 100000 neutrals would get annoying. its almost already annoying with 6-7 neutral stages. custom stages can also be altered, which can cause a lot of turmoil.

even if the backroom decides to use custom stages, they should probably wait until the entire project is ironed out and there is a "finalized" or at least near "finalized" version of the game out

EDIT: Ninja'd

so if you can "add" DJC to ness, can you do it for Yoshi too?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Will we still be able to use rising fairs?
On your first jump...I guess not on your 2nd lol.

Note: Lucas mains do NOT want DJCing. Or at least, I don't. I guess if you can find any other Lucas mains, ask them :laugh: I think Lucas plays perfectly how he is now...he doesn't need DJC.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
First off, the only similarities between neutrals added in with that stage pack thing would be...Dream Land 64 and Battlefield. Besides the 2 FDs, and the in-game FD should be switched out with this one once the Tether glitch is fixed because the ledges aren't ********...

But I guess you have a point? Yoshis, Battlefield, and FoD were all on random in Melee and nobody complained about that lol

_clinton

Smash Master
Hey Ness mains, rejoice!

We basically just figured a very very clever method to add DJCing to Ness. It's a pretty sexy method, so I'm pleased haha

We need one last thing to get it to work exactly as we want, but we are very close.
Can I take a guess at what you did...you did the same thing to all of his airs to mimic what Lucario's Dair is like...

Can I also say I don't want DJC?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Nice. I think Ness should be the one to have DJC. It would differentiate Lucas and Ness even more. :) And Yoshi could have it too....

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hey Ness mains, rejoice!

Hmmmm....

Will this get rid of rising aerials?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Can I take a guess at what you did...you did the same thing to all of his airs to mimic what Lucario's Dair is like...

Can I also say I don't want DJC?
I am pretty sure it goes something like this.

If you want to DJC, you hold jump when you aerial, else....don't. And no, it won't act like lucario's dair exactly. Have you not played melee or 64?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Don't worry, the new DJC will still let you do rising aerials, Shanus told me this in chat. Plus I think it only works when SHing. He said he made it so there is a window during your jump where if you DJ an aerial will cancel it (or something to that effect, don't take me word for word on this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom