• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Can I take a guess at what you did...you did the same thing to all of his airs to mimic what Lucario's Dair is like...

Can I also say I don't want DJC?
No. The only thing this method will do will prevent you from being able to DJ close to the ground. It won't affect his offstage options at all, nor will it prevent him from doing rising aerials on the stage.

edit: matt, it works in either a fj or sh

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
how is having a lot of neutrals annoying? lol wut

"Boy, having lots of options sure does piss me off."
its annoying when 4/7 neutrals aren't exactly neutral for your character

EDIT:
Yoshis, Battlefield, and FoD were all on random in Melee and nobody complained about that lol
yeah they did. but then again in melee it was also easier to reset the stage if you didn't want to play on it. half the time in brawl I just let the stage go because I don't want to wait for the stage to load again LOL

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Hey Ness mains, rejoice!

We basically just figured a very very clever method to add DJCing to Ness. It's a pretty sexy method, so I'm pleased haha

We need one last thing to get it to work exactly as we want, but we are very close.
:bee:
looking forward to it

Nice. I think Ness should be the one to have DJC. It would differentiate Lucas and Ness even more.
so true.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
theres a glitch with the nightly build where wolf will randomly lose his idle animation. So when you stand still you are just frozen to the last frame you were on the walking animation.
To elaborate on who else is effected, I made a list. Some others get slowed down in their idle animations too, though brief.

Freezes
-----
Wolf
Charizard
DK
Link
Kirby (??? This one is really weird, cuz the others are heavy weights...Also, what hat he's wearing doesn't seem to matter.)
Samus

Slows down
-----
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Toon Link
Squirtle
Olimar (when he swings his arms, it looks very...odd. Check it out to see what I mean)
Sonic
Ice Climbers
Pit
As for what causes this...I wish I knew. I was just ****ing around in training mode, selected WOlf as the dummy, and noticed his idle animation frozen. I mentioned it in irc and they told me it was known and it effected a few others, but they didn't know who exactly so I decided to test for myself.

Hope the list helps nonetheless.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I thought that freeze thing was an effect of textures... Good to know I didn't screw anything up.

Amidst all of the Ness discussion, did any WBR guys see my post on Toon Link?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, we know about it, we were delaying the set for a few hours (shanus was playing it for hours). The case seems to be that it just happens randomly although it doesn't hinder gameplay in any way it can be REALLY annoying to look at. We're going to fix it, so there's no need to bring it up anymore.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Looking forward to seeing how yah did DJC'ing. Yah never cease to amaze.

Also, yea.... not to fond of having a whole lot of neutrals that are basically the same map.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
They need to be debated extensively. The main issue is that you can't specifically pick the stage through striking in tournaments. Also, the stages aren't quite 100% bug free yet. Chances are, you won't see them in any set yet but, they will be considered at some point down the line (be it to debate or actually distribute them in the set).
You can stage strike custom stages. It is a bit more tedious, but its possible. And the stages have been fixed, we just havnt released the fix yet. :V

Also, why can't they be stricken in tournaments? o.o

edit: **** i forgot you can't dp <.<
Yes. YOu can take stages off random ie strike.

'Cause the Custom Stage button in Random affects ALL Custom Stages. (This would mostly apply to the Custom Stages that are neutrals and could be set into the starters section).
False. Custom Stage select on random only picks custom stages on the console flash drive. Any stages on the SD card will NOT be put into random rotation.

having 100000 neutrals would get annoying. its almost already annoying with 6-7 neutral stages. custom stages can also be altered, which can cause a lot of turmoil.

even if the backroom decides to use custom stages, they should probably wait until the entire project is ironed out and there is a "finalized" or at least near "finalized" version of the game out
Desolate Plateau, Elevate are the 2 unique stages that aren't like the other neutrals. Battle place is different as well. The only wannabes are Dreamland and Destination Zero. :V

----

It's really only 5 stages, and 2 of them can be removed. The 3 original ones are the ones I'd actually fight to have in official B+. :V

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
Is the current (4.2) codeset publicly available?
Last time (4.1) I saw the site link on the first page, but it seems to have disappeared :(

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The last 7 pages of Ness discussion was why I didn't want any changes included in the nightly for a while until I was done testing things.... It erupted into a massive flame war lol. =/

w/e lol.

I hope to try out the new djc lol.

_clinton

Smash Master
I am pretty sure it goes something like this.

If you want to DJC, you hold jump when you aerial, else....don't. And no, it won't act like lucario's dair exactly. Have you not played melee or 64?
>_> Yes I've played those other 2...but still...it wasn't put into Brawl so I was wondering how they were going to do it and just took a guess...

And as long as I can still use Rising aerials I won't complain about DJC

I'm guessing you jump use, an air attack, and then press jump again to cancel it I bet if it isn't like Lucario's ^_^

(I still want Ness and Lucas' old vBrawl gravity so I can use their PK Fire tricks right and to be fair...its not like Ness hasn't been somewhat floaty for all of SSB's history anyway)

DJC that doesn't mess with rising aerials? Too good.

And I really would just like PK Fire sped up rather than changing his gravity. vBrawl Ness floaty, I do not want. xP

_clinton

Smash Master
DJC that doesn't mess with rising aerials? Too good.

And I really would just like PK Fire sped up rather than changing his gravity. vBrawl Ness floaty, I do not want. xP
I'd rather him be floaty with a small momentum boost because this is Brawl+ and it has to be fast ^_^

Plus do note that Ness is an air game based character and the truth is though...I want to be able to use his aerial PK Fire tricks the same way that I could in vBrawl...they were pretty good tricks...

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I think that it won't be long till a gold release. I mean, with the Ness and Bowser buffs are there any characters that people still think need help? Personally I think a couple characters should be nerfed a bit (not very much mind you just a bit), but I can't think of any more that are in need of help.......maybe sonic.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Metaknight and Marth, but only a bit and maybe we should wait for more tourney results.

I'm hesitant to even post that since people are going to scream at me though.

EDIT: Maybe Fox and Kirby as well, and slightly more hitstun on Luigi

No I did not just edit that because of GoG's post

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I met this guy who lives in my area who mains Pikachu on Tuesday. He had never played B+ before but apparently can sometimes beat Anther in a mirror Pika match in vBrawl.

When he used Pika in Brawl+ it was so beautiful and insanely scary at the same time.

I am going to try to bring him with me to a big B+ tournament. I bet he would clean house.

Wing

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I met this guy who lives in my area who mains Pikachu on Tuesday. He had never played B+ before but apparently can sometimes beat Anther in a mirror Pika match in vBrawl.

When he used Pika in Brawl+ it was so beautiful and insanely scary at the same time.

I am going to try to bring him with me to a big B+ tournament. I bet he would clean house.

Wing
i want vids.

timothyung

Smash Ace
I came into a weird glitch. Mario cannot walk. Whenever I attempts to walk, he freezes at the animation before entering the walk. I just played a few matches, and switched to Mario, then this glitch happens. After I rebooted my Wii, it's fine. I couldn't recreate it. It may be something related the idle animation glitch.
Also, Ganon's dark fair is cool.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Lol I dont really understand. Kirby got two Fsmash Nerfs, a uptilt nerf and then got a N-air buff. What needs to be done to him now?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Lol I dont really understand. Kirby got two Fsmash Nerfs, a uptilt nerf and then got a N-air buff. What needs to be done to him now?
-Kirby Nair BKB 60 from 10
-Kirby Utilt BKB raised to 55 from 40
-Kirby fsmash hb1 KBG dropped to 89 from 98, hb2 87 from 96, hb3, 85 from 94

The only Kirby adjustments. The winddown nerf was removed a while ago. I'd also hardly call the u-tilt a nerf. It's a slight adjustment to alleviate the ******** u-tilt combos on fatties and fast fallers. Either way, I'm not here to really discuss buffs and nerfs and get us off topic. Frankly, the Nightly Build is already wildly off topic. The topic is for discussing the recent changes in the betas, not whining for X character to be nerfed or Y character to be buffed.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
-Kirby Nair BKB 60 from 10
-Kirby Utilt BKB raised to 55 from 40
-Kirby fsmash hb1 KBG dropped to 89 from 98, hb2 87 from 96, hb3, 85 from 94

The only Kirby adjustments. The winddown nerfed was removed a whole ago. I'd also hardly call the u-tilt a nerf. It's a slight adjustment to alleviate the ******** u-tilt combos on fatties and fast fallers. Either way, I'm not here to really discuss buffs and nerfs and get us off topic. Frankly, the Nightly Build is already wildly off topic. The topic is for discussing the recent changes in the betas, not whining for X character to be nerfed or Y character to be buffed.
O. I was told my SMK that he wanted the windown nerf back as well. I already commented on the up-tilt nerf a while back when i did some tests on it and how i actually liked it better. But yea, it is a little off topic. I'll patiently wait and see what you guys cook up.

D

Deleted member

Big glitch on Hanenbow with Sonic. If you do your forward on the bottom left leaf when it's tilted upwards, you'll go into a weird state where you're rolling in midair??

update: if you get hit while you're in the weird roll state you get set sky-high.

_clinton

Smash Master
I'd like to back up the Ness and Lucas gravity back to normal again by pointing out one thing...the point of his Full hop buff was to make Ness more floaty if you wanted to...which is kind of funny because making him floaty would be better done by tweaking with the gravity on him...

Hell, Ness' pillar spike is a lot harder to use as well because of the gravity adding to the recovery time of PK Fire...

So...I really don't see what is wrong with returning their gravity to normal...and giving Ness a slight momentum boost so he can use his air game (as well as his special moves) slightly better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom