• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think Mario's up-air should have a more upwards send angle, because it promotes proper DI.

As it stands, mario's up air doesnt chain really well with anything with neutral DI (as in, no DI at all).
The angle should only be changed slightly I think. Just enough to make someone go,"ok, I guess I should DI away from him"

Unlessyou suck at DI, it should only really combo into itself once or twice. I mean, look at Pikachu up air, its way better.
I guess Mario's up air could get a damage nerf in exchange.

anyone agree? disagree?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
His friction is 0.055 -- Captain Falcon's was previously 0.050 before we deemed it too low and upped it to 0.070.

Of course, the move may just have built-in movement properties as well, like how some moves shift you forward an almost-un-noticeable distance except on a larger scale.

The easiest way to test would be to raise his friction. However, this may not be be a desirable thing in the long run as it helps him shield grab and such.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
oh my god a mario main.

Dont talk here. Talk in the mario+ thread. for the love of god please.

Also, what? Uair is designed to be a horizontal juggle move that can carry you across the stage. <_>

It's pretty **** atm imo

Stevo

Smash Champion
oh my god a mario main.

Dont talk here. Talk in the mario+ thread. for the love of god please.

Also, what? Uair is designed to be a horizontal juggle move that can carry you across the stage. <_>

It's pretty **** atm imo

sorry I wont post here if I shouldnt be. the character forums seem so random and spammy though.

Is there a thread with intelligent discusion, which includes most of the people who make the final decisions for Brawl+?

I realise its supposed to juggle accross the stage, but it fails at doing that currently unless your opponent is TERRIBLE at DI. I only suggested a slight angle change as well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
sorry I wont post here if I shouldnt be. the character forums seem so random and spammy though.

Is there a thread with intelligent discusion, which includes most of the people who make the final decisions for Brawl+?

I realise its supposed to juggle accross the stage, but it fails at doing that currently unless your opponent is TERRIBLE at DI. I only suggested a slight angle change as well.

They're not. Not all of them. It's mostly because all talk is constricted to a single thread, and can't be organized like character boards (which we could really use.)

As for a thread with intellegent discussion, which includes most of the people who make final decisions for B+, we have one, and its located in WBR. V:

Also, I dont think it fails at its job, but Ill save that for the mario thread. Located here. --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8157321#post8157321

camelot

Smash Ace
Of course, the move may just have built-in movement properties as well, like how some moves shift you forward an almost-un-noticeable distance except on a larger scale.
It's not specifically the throw, it's a combination of his speed+friction. His u-throw is the only one that completely stops his momentum. Even if you made it so that d-throw also stopped his momentum, you could just grab, then wait, then d-throw.

Using PSA, though, I managed to find a way to make his momentum completely stop whenever he grabs someone. That way he doesn't slide forward super far when you grab, and you don't have to do a thing to his friction. If you want to use this, tell me and I'll post how to do it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
camelot, I don't know for sure if it'll be implemented, but if you wouldn't mind showing us how it works it'd be a helpful thing to know how to do.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
From KittyCorp:
Move Character (Not officially named yet):
This event it used to make a character go up or down, just like Toon Link's D-air or Lucario's D-air.
To add this, add an event, open it, and change the number (next to cancel) to 0E080400.
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity (positive=forward, negative=backward)
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity (positive=up, negative=down)
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

If you set them all to 0, but keep the last parameter 1, it should stop him.

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll try to explain it the best I can...

In PSA, any animation that has the "Moves Character" flag on (yes, that's right, on) will halt momentum if it's used. I'll give an example. Since MK's u-throw has the "Moves Character" flag on, his momentum goes to 0 when he uses it. The rest of his throws, on the other hand, have the "Moves Character" flag off. So his momentum stays at how it was if he uses them. This can be done with any move on any character, but turning the flag off on any move that originally had it on might screw up the animation.

So you have to turn the "Moves Character" flag on for his "CatchWait" animation, his "CatchAttack" animation, and all of his throw animations. There you go, his momentum goes to 0 while grabbing someone, pummeling, or using any throw.

Hope that made sense.

Add that in with the Ike-1 Dthrow and his throws would be set. :V
Huh?

camelot

Smash Ace
More BKB, wouldn't that make it easier for him to start his u-air spam, especially on fast fallers? I guess you could increase the end lag on his d-throw, or u-air... or change the angle and knockback of his d-throw or u-air... but I dunno.

There's no easy way to fix MK, is there?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
More BKB, wouldn't that make it easier for him to start his u-air spam, especially on fast fallers? I guess you could increase the end lag on his d-throw, or u-air... or change the angle and knockback of his d-throw or u-air... but I dunno.

There's no easy way to fix MK, is there?
How would it make it easier for him to uair spam if there is like 3 frames of end lag tacked on?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ok so sorry for the long delay on the Videos from the tournament. We are gonna upload them tonight whenever Milln gets to my house. Should be anytime now. It will probably take 3-4 hours.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok, I'll try to explain it the best I can...

In PSA, any animation that has the "Moves Character" flag on (yes, that's right, on) will halt momentum if it's used. I'll give an example. Since MK's u-throw has the "Moves Character" flag on, his momentum goes to 0 when he uses it. The rest of his throws, on the other hand, have the "Moves Character" flag off. So his momentum stays at how it was if he uses them. This can be done with any move on any character, but turning the flag off on any move that originally had it on might screw up the animation.

So you have to turn the "Moves Character" flag on for his "CatchWait" animation, his "CatchAttack" animation, and all of his throw animations. There you go, his momentum goes to 0 while grabbing someone, pummeling, or using any throw.

Hope that made sense.

Huh?
Hmmm, so does that mean that teching for ALL characters have the Moves character flag ON? So if you change the Moves character flag to OFF for ALL characters teching animation, then they will slide with the momentum of the move they got hit by during the tech INSTEAD of stopping dead in their tracks?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hmmm, so does that mean that teching for ALL characters have the Moves character flag ON? So if you change the Moves character flag to OFF for ALL characters teching animation, then they will slide with the momentum of the move they got hit by during the tech INSTEAD of stopping dead in their tracks?
That would be weird as *****

camelot

Smash Ace
Before, I said turning the flag OFF on any move that originally had it ON might screw up the animation. Teching is one of these, basically once the teching animation was over, you'd teleport back to the area you teched from (but you wouldn't stop dead in your tracks). Another example is Fox's f-smash, if you turn the flag OFF (it is originally ON), he'll do the animation, then teleport back to where he started the attack.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no like so they don't teleport but they get a distance. Like, is there a way to turn it off without making them teleport back?

camelot

Smash Ace
For animations that normally have the flag OFF, turning it ON does nothing except make them lose all momentum if it's used on the ground. Turning it OFF from something that normally has it ON makes it so that they keep momentum if it's used on the ground, but they teleport back to where they started the animation, assuming the animation actually moves them by itself (Fox's or Wolf's f-smash).

I hope this is making sense.

is there a way to turn it off without making them teleport back?
Not really.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That would be weird as *****
You've been playing SMASH BROS with this feature since 1999 apparently without knowing which means you DON"T think its wierd!!!! Its more weird and UNNATURAL that you don't slide a little during the tech when hit by powerful moves. "Oh...yea...I'm at 99999999999% and I get hit with ganon's ground wiztruck, but I DI down and tech ON THE SPOT and Stick ThERE like there is a patch of super glue!" Makes even more sense don't you think?

Smash physics may be weird but they are not THIS ****ed up!!!

/omgImgoingtokillmyself
Before, I said turning the flag OFF on any move that originally had it ON might screw up the animation. Teching is one of these, basically once the teching animation was over, you'd teleport back to the area you teched from (but you wouldn't stop dead in your tracks). Another example is Fox's f-smash, if you turn the flag OFF (it is originally ON), he'll do the animation, then teleport back to where he started the attack.
That is incredibly lame. It should be fixed and implemented.

camelot

Smash Ace
You know, since the spot-tech doesn't actually move you, you can turn the flag off without it screwing it up (it's on by default for some reason).

The tech-rolls, on the other hand...

kupo15

Smash Hero
You know, since the spot-tech doesn't actually move you, you can turn the flag off without it screwing it up (it's on by default for some reason).

The tech-rolls, on the other hand...
At least you can fix it so 1/3 of the teching system works properly. WBR should include this

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Actually I haven't been playing smash since 1999. I was a little kid back then didn't know anything about video games. D: but I have played melee and I actually know about sliding during techs. like you don't stick like super glue

kupo15

Smash Hero
Actually I haven't been playing smash since 1999. I was a little kid back then didn't know anything about video games. D: but I have played melee and I actually know about sliding during techs. like you don't stick like super glue
Right, and you find that weird? 64 also had sliding during techs and this mechanic is good. It always shock[ed] me when I played how you just tech and stay in virtually the same spot you were hit in. This would allow teching to help minimize the kb of the move instead flat out make the move completely useless. (except for dmg of course) And especially since there is no VARIATION of Crouch canceling to make this type of teching harder to do, it is slightly OP relatively speaking. Yoshi's island makes this more prominent as well

I'm down for investigating it.
Very nice. Thanks!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
From KittyCorp:
Move Character (Not officially named yet):
This event it used to make a character go up or down, just like Toon Link's D-air or Lucario's D-air.
To add this, add an event, open it, and change the number (next to cancel) to 0E080400.
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity (positive=forward, negative=backward)
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity (positive=up, negative=down)
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

If you set them all to 0, but keep the last parameter 1, it should stop him.

That isn't "move character"...that is "character momentum"...and its already added to v.0.2.1.
And it is pretty touchy...

You've been playing SMASH BROS with this feature since 1999 apparently without knowing which means you DON"T think its wierd!!!! Its more weird and UNNATURAL that you don't slide a little during the tech when hit by powerful moves. "Oh...yea...I'm at 99999999999% and I get hit with ganon's ground wiztruck, but I DI down and tech ON THE SPOT and Stick ThERE like there is a patch of super glue!" Makes even more sense don't you think?

Smash physics may be weird but they are not THIS ****ed up!!!

/omgImgoingtokillmyself

That is incredibly lame. It should be fixed and implemented.
>_> If you don't want that to happen, reduce DI potency...or up the angle by a few degrees. But you can always make a variable that will store how much momentum the character has after a hit, and applies that momentum to the character after the tech animation is finished.

-DD

kupo15

Smash Hero
>_> If you don't want that to happen, reduce DI potency...or up the angle by a few degrees.

-DD
That is the wrong way to go about it. There is nothing wrong with teching in practically the same spot you were hit, the problem is when there is a patch of super glue there. If one can reduce DI potency, then what should happen is that the WBR should reduce the power of DI in the Crouch position that way you can't just tech the floor so easily. But if you can time it right, you should be able to have full DI power if you DI down during impact (as in, getting hit not while crouching) This is the variation on Crouch canceling that I was talking about. See how it performs its roll without the advantageous that people didn't like from melee?
But you can always make a variable that will store how much momentum the character has after a hit, and applies that momentum to the character after the tech animation is finished.
This in combination to the above should improve B+ gameplay and competitiveness

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
This in combination to the above should improve B+ gameplay and competitiveness
If you want crouch canceling, just set the crouch animation to have such and such amount of negative vertical momentum, which if timed correctly should cancel out the weaker hits[ a la melee ], and reduce the slide on stronger ones.

And yea, you can name your own variables, use an RA-Bit[#] to store it, call it later, and apply.

If I wasn't so busy this week I'd work out the code for you, but I'm sure its simple enough for plenty of other people to do.
-DD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
CC'ing was really gay in melee. It's one of the things I disliked about melee, and I mained Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom