• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - Nintendo Connection Tour 08

Bjay

Smash Lord
OK I shoutgun Southland (Shaz gets Fountain Gate =P)

lol aww at forgetting to add the end of the code for orange =P

there's most likely no wolf but at least you have your other characters :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there will be all characters

1) superchallenge
2) jamie
3) whole point of brawl in nintendo's eyes is sonic and snake and pleasing/impressing the 12 year olds (and their parents)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
all items medium?
random stages?
2 minute limit, no stock?
thats how i play against lvl 9 cpus for my daily practice! ILL BEAT YOU AALALLALALLLLLLLLLL

Dedu

Smash Lord
OMIGOURRRRDDD

There's P.O.K.E.M.O.N M.Y.S.T.E.R.Y D.U.N.G.E.O.N I.N I.T!!!

I.M S.O.O.O.O H.Y.Y.Y.Y.P.P.E.E.E.D.D.D!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I went with Rune, Moose and Scrubs today.
Holy crap, pro smashing is difficult, but n00b tourney's are on a totally different field.

With hazards like smashballs and MAJOR input lag from plasma screens, I'm suprised I placed in the top 6.

Protips:
- Pikachu('s Thunder), Ike, Lucas('s upsmash) and Dedede are top tier for this kind of play.
- INPUT LAG IS LAGGY
- Learn how to use a wiimote. Yeah, they might force you to use them.

I shot a crap tonne of footage from today's festivities, and Imma going to make a movie about it. 'How (not) to win a Scrub Tourney)'

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As informed via the email from Nintendo, the rules of the competition games are four players, all characters are available to use (provided they have been unlocked) the matches are run for 2 minutes each and are just a basic match – no stock involved. Players were able to use either the nunchuk+wiimote, wiimote, gc controller or vc controller. After signing up for the competition players are selected at random from the list and then face off against three others
Players who wish to participate in the competition will have photo ID taken of them and then receive a VIP pass to hang around their neck.

Round 1 consists of 48 two-minute matches with four participants in each (192 participants)
Round 2 consists of 12 two-minute matches with four participants in each (48 participants)
Round 3 consists of 4 two-minute matches with three participants in each (12 participants)
The final round is the four remaining participants competing against each other in a 20 minute match.

From a poster on Aussie-Nintendo.com

Annoyed that they're 2 minute matches, gonna come down to who gets the smash balls first, so not too bad with that (Most likely be using PT) otherwise might just go with power and go Dedede.

Dedu

Smash Lord
wooo woo!
Smash balls FTW. [/sarcasm]

Sonic - I choose you!
Super Saiyan mode kgo!

Nintendo shows they really know how to make a tournament work well don't they?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In the Semi-final they changed the ruleset to 3 stock, 1.5 damage ratio.
I was in a group of 3, and Fox got the landmaster twice -___-

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The main prize is an exclusive Nintendo Trophy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl game for Wii. The runners up (three per day) will receive a Super Smash Bros. Brawl game for Wii and Nintendo character figurine (valued at $125.00). The name of the winner from each event day will be published on Nintendo.com by 31 July 08.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
can you enter the next day if you come 2nd 3rd or 4th? im thinking of if i make the final just throw it and come back and try and do the same the next day if u make the final all 4 days sell all the stuff for like 600$ on ebay

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
can you enter the next day if you come 2nd 3rd or 4th? im thinking of if i make the final just throw it and come back and try and do the same the next day if u make the final all 4 days sell all the stuff for like 600$ on ebay
Nothing stopped the winners from previous tours coming back on the second day.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Nothing stopped the winners from previous tours coming back on the second day.

yer it has i won the mkds/nsmb one and i wasnt allowed attend and i got 2nd in the pokemon one and theyre like didnt u win yesterday? winners arent allowed play again... but im not sure about the last pokemon one

Bjay

Smash Lord
No, I've never seen the winners allowed to attend the tours again.

davidbloop

Smash Rookie
Hmm, 2 min KO Fest hey

I might get some practise in as Dedede or even DK, they seem more well suited to this type of match than the stock matches.

jizzy73

Smash Rookie
i expected more people to come to the carindale one compared to the chermy one...seems that chermy on sunday was more popular than the two carindale tours

did anyone go to all four qld days?

Crolensus

Smash Rookie
Lol went to it, horrible rules, got to second round then got kicked cos a guy got a lucky smash ball.

:(

Also they said all characters unlocked, and they were missing some characters.

But yeah, pretty fun.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'll probably be going tomorrow, definitely going Saturday. Probably not Sunday, though there is a chance. Dunno about Monday.

Meh. Prizes sound lame. Wouldn't mind a local version of Brawl though, I guess..

Dedu

Smash Lord
yayahidilah!!!11!1
*random noise speak*

Sure they are bjay. Sure they are.
No wonder this event was soooo popular today :D

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
So I'm heading to the Monday 7th date in Carousel, Perth.
I'm assuming we sign up on the day? Nothing to do with prior online stuff?

I'll most likely be wearing semi-faded jeans with a Dream Theater t-shirt, hoodie and jaded facial expression with a very faded red stripe in my hair (so it looks pink/bright purple).

Say hello if you spot me.

Top Bottom