• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - Nintendo Connection Tour 08

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
bomb spawnings are not cool.
That's what happened to me, was me and some other kid, bomb spawns on top of me, my R button only works 20% of the time.... fail. Told the guy was well within the 20 seconds and he said "just use the L button" felt like throwing the controller at him and telling him to use the L button >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just appear on the day Lewis. I'm hoping to be there for both days, but oh joy, Uni needs me to go in at some point on Monday and pay some fees. Which, knowing my luck, I'll make it to the finals and have to run to pay fees ;_;

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
So the best way to approach this connection tour would be not to take it seriously cause then you won't be pissed off if something really lame happens to you correct?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pretty much. Go there with a character in mind who's good at surviving and has a good FS.

revengz

Smash Rookie
anyone here from todays tour?

i was the dude with the blue flanno who kept using ness.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so are all characters unlocked? At least Falco?

I'm planning to go tomorrow.

Sydney btw.

Dedu

Smash Lord
totodiles are soo cuuuuute!

I preferred Charmander/Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Totodile over all 450 pokes in regards to cuteness.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think I've got one somewhere. If I do, you can have it, I usually breed things like that.

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
Just come back from the Parramatta leg of the tour. Got beaten in the first round (chose me and two of my friends in the match... fail) but it was a good experience.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
did pretty well, camp-ko strategy worked well, not to mention snagging a FS with 30 secs left to go and killing the other 3 players got me through the first round

Second round on Brinstar went well, got shrunk as squirtle, so swapped to ditch the shrink, brinstar split in the middle and I fell through, got hit upwards by Lucas' up-b charge, somehow managed to grab the right edge while still being in the middle and pulled out fine. 15 secs to go and need a kill, yeah, final smash! Manage to snag it, land and GO SQUIRTLE!

....wait, water gun? noooooooooooo and times up.

4 way sudden death >.< Play it smart with forward B, ends up being me and Lucas. Lucas in the air starts up B. I jump up to hit him while he's floating...and stupidly get KO'd when Lucas hits himself with PK thunder. GG.

Still, was better than Niven who was ROB. He got screwed over by getting a DEFAULT CUSTOM STAGE to fight on. v.v

Here's hoping tomorow goes smoother.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Stlll, was better than Niven who was ROB. He got screwed over by getting a DEFAULT CUSTOM STAGE to fight on. v.v
I did worse. I cried inside when the map started for me.

New Pork City.

No-one could die in 2min unless they forgot to DI correctly.

Not to mention my eyes killed due to the huge camera view where I couldn't even see my Falco.

Items DID spawn, only on the others side of the map so the they indirectly ran across to the middle, where it is even harder to ko. 90% in the middle of NPC does not equal kill. ESPECIALLY VERTICAL.

NO smashball either.

My friend was the first Zamus. He did okay, unless he epic failed the sudden death!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What ended up happening? sudden death and death by bombs?

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
Ohoho, so that PT *was* you Mic.
Dangit, should have said hello.

Still, was in the lead for most of the match until a Lucas gained two KO's from the other players.
Didn't get through the first round.

Didn't help that they didn't have all characters, had to use friggin Ike.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
What ended up happening? sudden death and death by bombs?
Oops I meant until* he failed his sudden death.

It was Rumble Falls, and he double jumped then up b. This was fine, but somehow he was drifting to the right when he was in neutral and SD-ed at the bottom right of the beginning when the stage started to scroll up. (He couldn't land on the platform and jump up in time).

If you dunno who he was. He was the guy with glasses who also face palmed himself when it occured.

On to more rant on my match:
A primary school asian girl using pit won.

You ask how? Well as I said NPC = no quick kills due to large map. Only way to kill under 150% was a least LURING THEM TO THE SIDE, THEN KILL. But all of them turtled in the middle.

This lead with one kill and one death by me in the first 1:15min. Where the score is all 0 a piece. Then in the 30sec mark, Pit whacks pikachu once, and he Sd's himself due to fail Up B.

So it is Pit on 1, me on 0. and @0 sec left.

Pit decided to go down and pikachu then suddenly starts spamming down b on the little edge right before pit, so I couldn't get past him quick enough to kill pit who was on 40% anyway. So IN the end, GGed.

I wonder how she did in the second round. I just went to my friend's place and brawled for 3hours.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ohoho, so that PT *was* you Mic.
Dangit, should have said hello.

Still, was in the lead for most of the match until a Lucas gained two KO's from the other players.
Didn't get through the first round.

Didn't help that they didn't have all characters, had to use friggin Ike.
wait you didn't have all characters unlocked? Here in Sydney we did, today I used Toon Link. If you haven't noticed, yes he is my main and yes I do use him with the blue tunic.

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
wait you didn't have all characters unlocked? Here in Sydney we did, today I used Toon Link. If you haven't noticed, yes he is my main and yes I do use him with the blue tunic.
Yeah, two guys at the start of the day had a 1% stamina fast battle with flowers on their heads to rack up quick Versus matches.
I think they unlocked up til ROB, then Ganon was unlocked mid-way through the tourney itself.
I would have used Sonic, despite his tier placement.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
I didn't see any of you Perth guys there. Mic said he'd be advertising but I didn't see anyone with smashboards.com stuff. I was the first guy to use DK, but didn't get passed the first round due the two other people(besides the winner Kirby) always falling off into the Jungle Japes water and it always counted as Kirbys KO >.<

That was Niven? That sick *** Rob that amazed me in the first round getting like +5? NOOIIICCEEE!

Edit: Any Perthies going tomorrow?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was lucky and found a few spots that I was able to stick posters, so I didn't feel the need to wear a poster on my back ;)

I'll be there again tomorow, be wearing my green mushroom shirt.

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
I was lucky and found a few spots that I was able to stick posters, so I didn't feel the need to wear a poster on my back ;)

I'll be there again tomorow, be wearing my green mushroom shirt.
Noticed the one on the side of Baskins & Robbins.
Be sure to post the results of tomorrow's tourney, Mic.

Awesome Charizard, by the way, I look forward to a 1v1 tourney match with you.

Reign_69

Smash Rookie
I was lucky and won the tourney (if you call it that) on Friday at Chatswood. Also my bro came fourth so we got two copies of brawl... what to do with the extra =-="

I also wanted to join the tourney this morning at parra but was kicked out... oh well

Bjay

Smash Lord
I was lucky and won the tourney (if you call it that) on Friday at Chatswood. Also my bro came fourth so we got two copies of brawl... what to do with the extra =-="

I also wanted to join the tourney this morning at parra but was kicked out... oh well
I seriously can't believe you had the balls to do that.

Reign_69

Smash Rookie
I seriously can't believe you had the balls to do that.
the balls for what, actually turning up to one of their tourneys or reappearing because i just wanted to join for fun, not competitively, which was more or less my motive for going to the connection tour.

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
I went to the Parramatta one. Won first round, lost second round horribly but was chosen as wild card for semi finals. I got knocked out but I did a bit better than second round.

Bjay

Smash Lord
the balls for what, actually turning up to one of their tourneys or reappearing because i just wanted to join for fun, not competitively, which was more or less my motive for going to the connection tour.
You mean re-entering instead of reappearing, yes?

Doesn't matter what your motive is, if you've already won one of their competitions, I think it's very [insert word here] and [insert word here] if you're going to enter again.

That said, you aren't allowed to (re-enter after you win once) anyway.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Considering the crap Nin Aus puts us through, it doesn't bother me.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Eh.

Tour was good - gotta put pics up asap.
I kept getting kicked out in second round every single time.
The first one was because of the jumpman stage. Bloody springs
Yesterday's tour i got kicked out because it became a tug o war between me and some Ganon who was very careful to hit everyone hard. I was trying to pressure him to be aggro but he endured the hits >_>
Gee, Metaknight for the win.

Thinking back now on the tours, they sure are bad when it comes to who has the better skill in this game. After all, Kulla got kicked out in the finals because he was too busy distracted by two others and one person was chasing him around.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Today went well, managed to shield-grab someone (Ganon?) in sudden death to get through to round 2, but got Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and had there been 1 second more I would have chucked someone off screen for a win (I was literally on the far left almost finished swing animation :( ) Sudden Death I got grabbed by Lucario :(

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Didn't end up going today, I slept in till 9:30 and there was no way I could get in on time. Did they atleast have all the characters unlocked today?

Tim_

Smash Rookie
hey everyone...
yeah, they reckoned they spent like 3 hours unlocking them yesterday after the day was over... pft, im sure.
but hey, game and watch. yays!
also, just a quick hello to the guys i met today, thanks for telling me about this :p [sorry guys, forgot your names :( ]
at the risk of being banned or yelled at, ike is a totally cheap character and im glad that he didnt win in perth

thanks all for the great two days in Perth.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why does everyone think I'm ban-happy?

Let me rephrase that. Why does everyone think I'm ban-happy in here? :(

I think everyone was glad an Ike (or MetaKnight, Kirby or Pikachu for that matter) didn't win.

And the MC did stay up playing Brawl, he's a Smasher from Melbourne and was hanging with Niven ;)

Gords

Smash Champion
And the MC did stay up playing Brawl, he's a Smasher from Melbourne and was hanging with Niven ;)
was that Jamie?
cause he is a friend of ours and he stayed playing in sydney too. And not a push over either is he, held his own against me, Bjay and other finaist as well.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Jaime was the MC at ours as well. Cool guy. When we said we were from smashboards, I think he had pulled the wool over our eyes when he said 'True champions are able to play in any conditions, including the use of all items' or something to that effect.

I'm going to post the video I have soon >.<
Many lolz to be had.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
sydney people introduce yourself in the sydney thread i dont know who you all are and if you wanna lose on wifi im keen to play you.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah Jamie is the host for all of them.

--

I still can't believe I don't notice any lag on the TV. I seriously must be that used to it...because I swear there is no lag lol.

Top Bottom