• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - Nintendo Connection Tour 08

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Yeah Jamie is the host for all of them.

--

I still can't believe I don't notice any lag on the TV. I seriously must be that used to it...because I swear there is no lag lol.
i had wifi matches with sd and jelly that were less laggy than the tvs and these were sorta laggy

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Eeeh. Haeted the lag, though it was a ton better than anything I have played online. Got to the second round on Friday in the same match as another smasher and we both got beaten out by some scrub. D:

Still, good fun. Was too late to enter the other days but I did manage to give out some icies love in the friendlies sessions.

Can't wait for the next real Sydney tourney though.

Tim_

Smash Rookie
um, if that didnt make sense then;
the question was: "were all the characters unlocked..."
(assuming Perth here, as i have no idea on other capitals)

day 1, no (tho they tried desperately)
day 2, yes

also, dont see what everyone is/was complaining about, i didnt notice any lag, and even if there was lag, then eveyone had the same amount and should therefore be even anyways?
or is there somehow a way that makes the whole tourney null and void, and a resit have to take place? that could be fun...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thanks

congrats cobalt for beasting

was that 0% final smash on you> if so you clearly dominated that final and you were just a bit unlucky, ihave no doub tif you go again you will win by a mile
wub

Sealock

Smash Rookie
What time did people show up to register at Fountain Gate today? I was thinking about going along tomorrow, but I'd like to sleep in as much as possible...

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Well some people got there pretty early. Around 8ish. I came at 9 and waited half an hour for my registration.

I don't see how the smashers from other states couldn't win. You're versing NOOBS for crying out loud. I barely ever got to get the smash ball as well.

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
um, if that didnt make sense then;
the question was: "were all the characters unlocked..."
(assuming Perth here, as i have no idea on other capitals)

day 1, no (tho they tried desperately)
day 2, yes

also, dont see what everyone is/was complaining about, i didnt notice any lag, and even if there was lag, then eveyone had the same amount and should therefore be even anyways?
or is there somehow a way that makes the whole tourney null and void, and a resit have to take place? that could be fun...
You made it sound like you doubted that there was an effort made overnight to unlock the remaining characters. Myself and Jamie stayed up until 2 in the morning unlocking the last few characters for the Perth tournament.

Dedu

Smash Lord
PICCIES OF NSW CONNECTION TOUR!!
Facebook copypasta... kgo!
for the rest of the pics go here

Chicken Salad and Me.

Cuuuuute beagle pups! <3

Everyone cept for David - where was he? Taking the photo!

Finals entrants - you know who they are.

Can I has a bite too?

Guess WHO won the finals!

Bjay's Coffee Lounge now open!

Bjay

Smash Lord
in response to the photos

1st photo - who took that pic?

2nd photo - aww that's so cute <3

3rd photo - the hell i wasn't smiling

4th photo - the **** was i looking at? oh wait there were like 23098420934 cameras so kept looking in each direction

5th photo - **** look at the yellow screen in the background. Yay for my closest attempt at being Wario.

6th photo - that's actually a pretty good pic! Yay you can see Wario's name on the TV

7th photo - hell yes! that's two stores i own now =P

Dedu

Smash Lord
1st shot was thanks to my arm!
4th shot CS did the same too.

Where's the other Bjay store?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Nice observation about the hat S.D. I didnt notice that =P

Haha omgg I swear most pics I've been caught off guard and I'm either looking elsewhere or not smiling!

Madness I say!

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
sigh

Some guy and his brother came 2nd and 1st respectively today. Me and Cao came 3rd and 4th. 2 bad caos controller got screwed up in the middle of the finals match.

I now have 6 of those collectable toys!!!
Got another brawl and sold it. pfft who plays that piece of junk anyways.

S.D

Smash Master
That was EPIC!

All star cast for the finals - bjay, kulla, chickensalad - would have liked to see some jiggs action though CS.

lol at bjay's pitfall to fart ko, looks like you all gave a good show anyways.

In other news how was the meet today?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SHAZ HERE - KO logged himself on my comp it seems.

Well - I made it to the final....how you ask? I fought for my friends.
Well done to all who managed to pull through the first two rounds....the killers heh.
Shame on those noobs who failed to win first try and gave up dismissing something they're not instant win at as lame....you'll fail at life with that attitude :p.

Had a great time at this event actually....blew super challenge out of the water under Jamie's direction.
Have to say the rules while not being 100% to our liking probably was the best.... great to see several times where little children with some knack for the game managed to pull through to make the second round or maybe better, and things weren't dominated by we competitive types xD.
Cheers to the awesome event (and being free just tops it off completely right?)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Wooo, Adelaide's connection tour is tomorrow. But alas, Jamage shall be there. I'll give it my best..

EXC355UM

Smash Cadet
::Fountain Gate Day 2::

Man Fountain Gate is so far away from Broadmeadows, but I wasn't going to miss a Nintendo Event, especially when I took the day off for it.
I would have really liked to have gone to Day 1, especially since Dekar (TEC) won, it would have been good to see it and Cheer him on.

So I wake up late thanks to my mum thinking it was too harsh to wake me up even though I asked her too...
When I got there, there was only a short line since everyone was pretty much in already.
I got Number 89.
It was a little different then the last tours, instead of a lanyard with just a Logo/Design on there, this time the nice Girl on the front Desk took a Polaroid pic of every contestant.
I took a Standard one, no funny pose. =P

Wayne 1st in line as always.

MC Jamie doing an awesome on Stage as always.

I decided to watch some matches before I jumped in for my round, I got to watch some great matches.
There were a few familiar faces in the crowd, Cats (Winner of one of the pokemon tours), Little Willy from Aussie-Nintendo, Josh and Harry (2 young kids who are almost every tour), Will, Kaze, Macus (Pokemon Card Game Pro) and his friends, Westy and Cass, and heaps more.
I also got to meet some new people like Unlucky, His Brother who did very well on the day, Also Shaz who I met once at the SSBB Rambo event, who is a legend, and a few more.

Shaz doing what he does best... Beat little kids in Brawl. =P

Will and Marcus.

Cats, Unluckys Bro (Sorry forgot your name Bro), and Unlucky.

After waiting a while I decided I'll go for it, unlike other tours that reply on peoples numbers to choose who plays next, instead it was anyone who still hadn't played their first round just put their hand up and Jamie would pick the next four.
I liked this method better since there was no chance of the MC calling out a Number of someone who wasn't there.
Nothing worse then having to hear.. "69?... 69?... Is 69 here?... Anyone 69?.."

Little Willy and Westy.

Freswood and Little Willy.

Tetris still as popular as ever.

Little Harry showing everyone how its done.

Harry and Josh with their very awesome Dad.

Guitar Hero on the Wii got a lot of Love.

DS still as popular as ever.

So I put my hand up and I get called up to the stage, I was in one of the last competitors, so there was only 3 people in our game.
Me (Fox), A Zelda and a Metaknight.
And since the map was on Random, guess what great map we got?... 75 Meters... Hooray! X_;
Didn't matter anyway since I really didn't practice enough cause I'm getting ready for Halo3 in World Cyber Games.
I would have like to have practiced more, but its too late now, I guess I'll get into more after WCG.

So we start the match and Zelda keeps her distance and just uses her Fireball thing (No idea what the name is) against me and the Metaknight.
Most of us were getting hit with the random objects in the stage, well mostly me.. =P
The matches are only 2 minutes long, items on, random map, I was at about -1, Zelda was on +1 and Meta was on 0.
Zelda gets another +1 and so does Meta.
I manage to get the Smash Ball and I managed to shoot Zelda and she goes flying off, but the odd thing is Meta who was behind me got the kill.... which was weird..
And that pretty much ended it for me, and only left for me to do was a Barrel Roll.

And that ended my SSBB day, but I didn't leave I had to hang around and check out some of the other matches.

I wish I could have recorded all of the matches, because there were some Epic ones, and I can't remember every detail.
I match I could remember though was Josh (Snake who made the finals both of the first days) v Wayne (DeDeDe who was first in line the first 2 days and pretty much every tour).
It was a great match, Josh is a great snake and used his items well, Wayne got the slow down item but couldn't capitalize on it and the Smash Ball spawned near Snake.
Wayne did a great job of dodging Snakes FS for a while but Josh managed to trap him and take him out for the win.
Bad luck to Wayne, but you got to give credit to Josh who was doing all of this with a Wiimote.

I got the Final on tape, and you can watch it here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=07AbZgcP6sM

It was Between Josh (Snake), Apollo (G&W from Aussie Nintendo), Unlucky's Brother ( ) and..
Most of you would already know that Apollo won, congrats to him, he did very well with G&W and made good use of the items.

It was a great match to watch, but there was one match that topped even that one off.
Will, Kaze, Jamie and Wayne all picked Captain Falcon on FD, then danced to the FD background music, Taunted then play a stock match with only FALCON PUNCH!
Nothing else... best match ever, you can watch it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlutI4oEak
Plus it has some presentation of the trophy in it too.

A few of the boys settling it no-items after the Final.

Me with the ever helpful Ben and the Lovely Jackie.

Massive Group Pic.

And the nice dude that took the group pic for us. Thanks.

It was great to see everyone again, Jamie doing a great job, same with the rest of the Nintendo Helpers, good to see Ben back again as well.
Nice try to all the Boys, Wayne, Willy, Cats, Shaz, Cass, Westy and the rest I can't seem to remember off the top of my head.
I'll have a full report on Day 2 when I can.

Thanks to David (Boss Logic) For Editing all the pics and videos.

-------------------------------------

::Southland Day 1::

A view from the top.

Another day another Dollar... or something.
This time I woke up on time and had some company on the way there, MoeJoe came with me today.

What a nice thing to arrive to on a Saturday Morning.

Jamie calling out for competitors.

The Big Boys ready to go.

We got there and there was a short line and plenty of people already playing.
Me and MoeJoe Line up and get our Polaroid Lanyards taken.
I tried to pull off a "The Rock" eye brow, but the flash made one of my eyes blink and it turned out weird.

My Mug Shots.

As soon as we got there you could straight away notice the regulars, Little Willy, Toadsili, His Bro Will, Cats, Shaz, Leon and His Brothers, Cass and Westy, The nintendotwins, AceAussie, Dark Moogle, Will, Kaze and heaps more.

This comps very fast which is awesome, barely gives you any time to rest, but keeps the EXCitment up and the crowd pumping.
Every time someone we knew went up to play we would get the cheer squad going.

It got crazy loud when people like Toad or His brother went up, or when CAO destroyed people with his wolf, Cats doing his thing, I missed out on Shaz's game which I'm sorry for.
SORRY SHAZ!
And when you had MoeJoe go up and the chants got going.. MooooooJooooo... MooooooJooooo.
It was a great competitive atmosphere.

Cats getting comfy.

Shaz, too Pro.

Will!

1 half of the Nintendotwins and AceAussie

The only tips Pyro asked for was how to taunt. XD

Westy celebrating his win.

Leon, calm, cool and collected.

After most people got past their 1st rounds, with the EXCeption of Me, Dark Moogle and a few others.
Dark Moogle Didn't really have the game so he has an EXCuse, I did have it, but I didn't train hard enough... But! I lost in Style! and thats all that counts.

After round one we got a 15min break to get something to eat.
So a few of us got together and went to the foodcourt.
There was barely any seating, so we pulled 4 tables together and heaps of chairs to recreate the Last Supper.

The Last Supper

CAO in super concentration Mode.

Cass and Westy.

Cass, Will, Toad, Willy and Westy.

Westy needed a hug after his loss.

When we got back round 2 was on its way, and we got the cheer squad going again.
During the rounds Jamie was asking questions based on the players being used and gave out prizes for the correct answers.

A few top Smashers dropped out at this point, people like Cats, Shaz dropped off around rounds 2 and 3.
Also MoeJoe went out Round 2 with a very close match.

In the Semis Brothers had to go up against each other, Leon being knocked out of the tourney by his own Brother, but they also took out the 2 time finalist Josh in that round as well.
I think Little willy was out in this round as well.
There was a round with 3 roberts in it.

SSJ4GOHAN, Leon, Josh and Little Willy.

In another round, there was 2 Matts and 2 Wills.
Matt (Toad), Matt (SSJ4GOHAN), Will (Toads Brother MarioFan) and Will (Dude that hangs out with Kaze)

Matt, Will, Will and Matt.

It doesn't get more intense then this, take a look at that stare from Toad.

It was a great match to watch, very close between them, but only the final 2 would move on to the final, after an great Battle MarioFan wins it with 1 stock left and Toad with his ROB coming in second, the Brothers Toad and MarioFan went on to the final.

Another Semi was with CAO and a few others in it who I can't seem to remember...
But I know there was a very good snake who took out everyone when the chance rose, but he also stood back and enjoyed the show while the others battled it out.
Match ends with the Snake winning, With CAO's Wolf in close 2nd. Both move on to the Final.

Final Match: Toad, MarioFan, CAO, and Ahmet?...
5 Stock, Final Destination, items still on.

It was a great match and I'm glad I got it on Film.
MarioFan ends up winning in a very close Battle with his Brother Toad, it literally could have gone either way.
CAO went Wolf the whole day then decided to try out Peach for the final, he believes he would have done much better with Wolf, and so did I, but we would have never known unless he tried.
Like I said, glad I got it on tape, cause it was a good match.

The Trophy for bragging Rights.

Matt, CAO and Ahmet thinking what could have been.

Will with his Trophy.

No hard feelings between Brothers.

Another Match on the day that I thought was a Highlight was one with one of the Nintendotwins (From Aussie-nintendo.com) in it.
It was one point in it and Nintendotwin was 1 point down, grabs the smash ball with Samus, a few Seconds left... BEAM CHARGES!!... At least 2 KO's about to happen! Time runs out just before they get KO'd!
Bad luck man, you did very well.

Again it was great to see everyone again, it was a great turnout today, Jamie doing another awesome and Professional Job.
The Nintendo girls and guys doing a great job all round, especially the cooking Guide DS game girl who easily had the toughest job was still smiling 6 hours later.

Always the Professional, Jamie.

MoeJoe with the Nice girl at the Cooking Guide.

Theres I chance I can't make it tomorrow cause of family matters, but if I don't I wish everyone who is going tomorrow the best of Luck.
That goes especially for CAO, Leon, Cats, and Shaz. And Jei if he ends up going, I got to talk to him a little today, seems like a cool guy.

Me and the man CAO.

So TEC, 2 in the Top4 today CAO and Toad.
Dekar winning Vic Day 1.
Sghetti winning NSW day 2.
Jonathon winning WA Day 2.

A very good result for TEC, great work guys, I'm very proud, and happy to have been there to see some of these take place, wish I was there for all of them.

Massive Group Pic at the end of the day.

::TEC4LIFE::

Eagle

Smash Lord
Just got back from Adelaide's connection tour. I got to the second round, but lost in a sudden death to metaknight. :(

..There's always tomorrow.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
So Bjay IS on smashboards.

Gratz for the win in Chatswood.

Bjay, I think you gave me a weird look when you heard me raging on the lol rules of the connection tour. This was like just before the first round start.

Edit: And I just watched the vid. Amazing Finish.

Bjay

Smash Lord
So Bjay IS on smashboards.

Gratz for the win in Chatswood.

Bjay, I think you gave me a weird look when you heard me raging on the lol rules of the connection tour. This was like just before the first round start.

Edit: And I just watched the vid. Amazing Finish.
Cheers, haha yes I am, after all I am the one that created this thread =P

Weird look? Must have been unintentional. Who were you there?

--

The last day of the Nintendo Connection tour is tomorrow. Good to see that a few Smashers from here have either come out as winners, or made it to the Top 4.

NSW:

Day 2:

1st. Bjay
2nd. Chicken Salad
3rd. Kulla

Day 4:

3rd. Chicken Salad

VIC:

Day 1:

1st. Dekar
2nd. Cobalt

Day 3:

3rd. Cobalt
4th. CAOTIC

Day 4

1st. Cobalt
2nd. Jei Jei
3rd. Shaz
4th. CAOTIC

SA:

Day 1

1st. Hybrid

Great stuff guys, you guys are too good!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I gave Jamie a heads up in Melbourne to look out for Hybrid, the good Falco player. Looks like I was correct <3

Don't forget Dekar placed 1st on Day 1! Cobalt was runner up I think

Bjay

Smash Lord
I gave Jamie a heads up in Melbourne to look out for Hybrid, the good Falco player. Looks like I was correct <3

Don't forget Dekar placed 1st on Day 1! Cobalt was runner up I think
ahh thanks i forgot *keeps forgetting ahh*

*edits*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Day 3 was Cobalt and KO 3 and 4 in vic also.

To anyone who now wants to use the hax....in 1.5 Robot is god - absolutely no question. He kills with downsmash at 20% - 40 if they DI well...it's broken to the max. ;)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Day 3 was Cobalt and KO 3 and 4 in vic also.

To anyone who now wants to use the hax....in 1.5 Robot is god - absolutely no question. He kills with downsmash at 20% - 40 if they DI well...it's broken to the max. ;)
butbutbut i mentioned it =( Ah hell I'll just add the whole thing xD

hahaha, you now teach us of this hax =P

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Cheers, haha yes I am, after all I am the one that created this thread =P

Weird look? Must have been unintentional. Who were you there?

Oh right, I didn't mention which day/place.

It was the Monday in Parra. I remember you did that random trivia thing "Luigi Mario"? and Pikachu's Volt Tackle? (P.S You like your pokemon huh?)

I was a guy in a grey hoodie jumper, cargo pants. And if it helps, Asian :p (Seiriously I was funny when the host said he wanted to pick out "curly hair people", since when you look around, the majority had black, straight hair XD

Bjay

Smash Lord
Oh right, I didn't mention which day/place.

It was the Monday in Parra. I remember you did that random trivia thing "Luigi Mario"? and Pikachu's Volt Tackle? (P.S You like your pokemon huh?)

I was a guy in a grey hoodie jumper, cargo pants. And if it helps, Asian :p (Seiriously I was funny when the host said he wanted to pick out "curly hair people", since when you look around, the majority had black, straight hair XD
Yeahhh I sure do. :p I still can't believe Simon asked me to do some trivia questions lol (omg so embarrassing).

Heyy you wouldn't happen to be the same person who was watching my match when I was at the booth and then I turned around and told you to say what you were saying again since you were talking about me as I heard my name (well I think so anyway)? =P If not false alarm rofl, which means i've got no idea xD

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Yeahhh I sure do. :p I still can't believe Simon asked me to do some trivia questions lol (omg so embarrassing).

Heyy you wouldn't happen to be the same person who was watching my match when I was at the booth and then I turned around and told you to say what you were saying again since you were talking about me as I heard my name (well I think so anyway)? =P If not false alarm rofl, which means i've got no idea xD
I was only at Monday Parra.
I never saw you played? Definitely not the actual round since you won Chats'.

You never talked to me, so it's not surprise you have no idea.

However I saw you talk to this other guy, who was your friend I guess. He laughed when you said you won with Wario. Like, "Guess who I used" type thing. He that guy on smashboards too? He was a ganon vesusing my friend who lol at Zamus in sudden death I said earlier.

Yes I was kinda eaves dropping *hides* but both of you looked drastically familiar and the rounds were getting boring. It was like 3hours wait for my one epic fail match.

Top Bottom