• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Music Swap - Version 2 is OUT (Updated June 8)

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Okay Then Can Someone Explain [ n00b Friendly]
On How To Get My Own Music On To Brawl :urg:
It's a long process to begin with, so there isn't really a noob friendly explanation for it. Still, there's a topic for this on the Kitty Corp forums: http://www.kitty-corp.co.cc/ You have to make an account there to see anything but it should be worth it, since they have an entire section devoted to music hacks. The main topic you'll want is "Replacing music files"

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Awesome! Glad to see its finally out. I'll download as soon as I get home.

EDIT: Did you fix the Original Codes issue I told you about?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
is there any way to like...disable this for wifi or something?
There is a way. It's probably not what you are thinking, exactly, but it works just the same and is VERY easy to do. I'll show a Youtube video later when I get time.

Sorry I've been so busy =(

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
There is a way. It's probably not what you are thinking, exactly, but it works just the same and is VERY easy to do. I'll show a Youtube video later when I get time.

Sorry I've been so busy =(
Sounds great, I'm lookin forward to this.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Lol so, it works and all, but for some reason my CSPs no longer show.

If I reset the music to default will it help? Nothing else I've tried has.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Alright lets start focusing on the main thing we should be doing, getting music outside of brawl on here, we gotta figure out a way to do that with the SD card.

.:Dimentio:.

Smash Rookie
Will version 2 of this Brawl Music Swap program do any harm to my game save or Brawl disc? I came to this thread before but I kept hearing people say that the original music wont play properly anymore and sometime it doesn't play at all when they try to switch them back to normal...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Will version 2 of this Brawl Music Swap program do any harm to my game save or Brawl disc? I came to this thread before but I kept hearing people say that the original music wont play properly anymore and sometime it doesn't play at all when they try to switch them back to normal...
I have not had any of the problems you mentioned affect me personally, not do I know of any of my friends who have had these problems. Unless you are doing something complete weird I don't see how the codes generated by this program can harm your game.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I somehow got locked out of three songs on Smashville and I can't figure out why. I even reset my songs and everything. I was probably my own screw up though, LONG ago. Oh well :p

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Will anyone ever answer my question of is there a PAL version in the pipeline?
Short Answer:

No

Long Answer:

Do it yourself or find a group to work on it, it would take a long time to find all the codes and I bet some would have to be made, they are scattered all over and it was hard enough finding some of the codes just for NTSC-U. IE, its gonna be really hard. Try to find a way just to load a US game and use NTSC-U codes.

I doubt the original people will without help in short.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
UTD Zac, is the only difference in version 1 and 2 the fact that you have one code now for all of them instead of separate stage codes?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
UTD Zac, is the only difference in version 1 and 2 the fact that you have one code now for all of them instead of separate stage codes?
That's one of the main differences yes. I had some people complain that when they wanted to reset the music on all stages so they could play online, they had to load up smash twice because of how many lines of code there were.

Now that you have one text file to handle all of your music, it makes switching between your custom music and the original music a lot easier. You can also create a bunch of different music files in case you get bored with one set of custom musics. On Monday you can use all Sonic music, Tuesday all Kirby music, Wednesday all Zelda music, Thursday all Metriod music, and Friday have the main brawl theme on every stage. =)

Also, v2 fixed an issue with two of the songs on some stages not working.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I read through this topic and I'll probably use this but I just want to clarify a few things first... (sorry if these questions are repetitive but I just want to be sure)

If you want to set all the original songs back so you can play on Wifi can you just generate a new code file with all the songs in their normal spots, or do you need to use the "reset" code? Also, does this still have the problem that some people mentioned about not being able to change the frequency of the music?

Does this make your CSPs stop working if you play with texture hacks? Only 1 person in the whole thread mentioned that, but if that happens then it would be a pretty big turnoff for me.

One last thing. I've never used this Cheat Manager program before... It says it creates a GCT file automatically using codes from text files on your SD card. Would this overwrite the GCT that I already have (texture hacks and some other miscellaneous codes) or are they kept separate somehow?

I think I'm just being overly cautious because I've been careful to not use my hacks on wifi and I don't want to accidentally mess up anything and make me unable to play online anymore, so I'm sure these questions sound stupid. But other than that, thanks for this useful program because I can't imagine having to get all the codes for each stage's songs individually.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I read through this topic and I'll probably use this but I just want to clarify a few things first... (sorry if these questions are repetitive but I just want to be sure)

If you want to set all the original songs back so you can play on Wifi can you just generate a new code file with all the songs in their normal spots, or do you need to use the "reset" code? Also, does this still have the problem that some people mentioned about not being able to change the frequency of the music?
Not too sure about this one, never used the reset code
Does this make your CSPs stop working if you play with texture hacks? Only 1 person in the whole thread mentioned that, but if that happens then it would be a pretty big turnoff for me.
I've swapped my music and my csp's work fine
One last thing. I've never used this Cheat Manager program before... It says it creates a GCT file automatically using codes from text files on your SD card. Would this overwrite the GCT that I already have (texture hacks and some other miscellaneous codes) or are they kept separate somehow?
You mean the Wii code manager, not the PC one? Yes, it creates a new gct that will replace the one you already have, although for most people the code manager doesn't work anyway I guess.
I think I'm just being overly cautious because I've been careful to not use my hacks on wifi and I don't want to accidentally mess up anything and make me unable to play online anymore, so I'm sure these questions sound stupid. But other than that, thanks for this useful program because I can't imagine having to get all the codes for each stage's songs individually.
comments in red

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thanks, the CSPs were the main thing I was asking about. The other two things are things that I can just deal with if they ever come up as problems.

As long as I'm able to put back the regular songs at some point in order to play online, then I'm fine with using this.

Top Bottom