• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I don't think trophied work. I tried 3 different ones and none work. Something about them not having any bones.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Pharrox's extractor will allow us to convert models to the format Brawl uses, and extract models from certain files.

Trophy to Model swaps will not work until we can edit bone archives.

HSX

Smash Rookie
Yup. Shadow's file size just isn't big enough to make it over the 300 kb file size needed. It's very sad ;-;
WHat's sad is Nintendo's attemps at trying to optomize disk space to the point that the assist trophies have about 100 less triangles than playable characters and 1-3 textrue files. :S

And dang. I was hopeing I could swap Silver's model to a Sonic model so I could KICK THE LIVING CRUD OUT OF HIM :DDDDD

EDIT: Captain Tabuu anyone? :p

pokelover980

Smash Ace
WHat's sad is Nintendo's attemps at trying to optomize disk space to the point that the assist trophies have about 100 less triangles than playable characters and 1-3 textrue files. :S

And dang. I was hopeing I could swap Silver's model to a Sonic model so I could KICK THE LIVING CRUD OUT OF HIM :DDDDD

EDIT: Captain Tabuu anyone? :p
I tried Captain Tabuu, and I must say, he works much better as Snake.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
OK, so, there is a solution to our little 300 kb problem. I successfully got Pokemon trainer to work as a captain falcon! :D how? easy.
1. open ness's 00.pac
2. create 2 new brres packages
3. Save ModelData[0] and TextureData[0]
4. replace the two new brres packages with them (this increases file size)
5. Open pokemon trainer's 00.pac and follow step 3
6. open ness's 00.pac again, and replace the first ModelData[0] and the first TextureData[0] with pkmtariner's.
7. Rename any nodes (dont know if this is neccesary)
8. rename FitNess00.pac/pcs to FitCaptain00.pac/pcs, and use for c.falcon
Side note: this should allow us to try other things like assist trophies, but this didnt work using captain falcon's 00.pac. idk why. now... anyone want to make a moveset :D? also, anyone know what's up with warping glitches when models are swapped?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
OK, so, there is a solution to our little 300 kb problem. I successfully got Pokemon trainer to work as a captain falcon! :D how? easy.
1. open ness's 00.pac
2. create 2 new brres packages
3. Save ModelData[0] and TextureData[0]
4. replace the two new brres packages with them (this increases file size)
5. Open pokemon trainer's 00.pac and follow step 3
6. open ness's 00.pac again, and replace the first ModelData[0] and the first TextureData[0] with pkmtariner's.
7. Rename any nodes (dont know if this is neccesary)
8. rename FitNess00.pac/pcs to FitCaptain00.pac/pcs, and use for c.falcon
Side note: this should allow us to try other things like assist trophies, but this didnt work using captain falcon's 00.pac. idk why. now... anyone want to make a moveset :D? also, anyone know what's up with warping glitches when models are swapped?
Maybe deleting the original model and making the new Brres packacge a "None" package type would make AT's work. I'll try right now :D

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I tried using Isaac as c.falc, using the same .pac as the pokemon trainer one i made, but it froze. I tried using that saame pokemon trainer thing for ness, (because it originally is his 00.pac) and it still froze. anyone know why? Im gonna try Jeff as ness, and maybe replace a few animations too to try.

Edit: Jeff Froze :(

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Im gonna try lyn as marth. after all, VILE got it to work...
I tried lYn, still no luck...
I tried lyn as pokemon trainer (replacing model and textures on an un edited FitPokeTrainer00.pac) ... SUCCESS

next i tried the same thing, bit using Isaac instead of lyn (Isaac is Robin in the files) ... FAILURE

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Trophies will not work. They do not have the required bones (presumably, someone correct me if I am wrong) for the animations to work correctly. You need to export the trophies, add the required bones and re-import the models back into Brawl...

So basically, to make Isaac work for Captain Falcon, you would have to take Falcon's skeleton and rig Isaac to it. Then it should work...

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Trophies will not work. They do not have the required bones (presumably, someone correct me if I am wrong) for the animations to work correctly. You need to export the trophies, add the required bones and re-import the models back into Brawl...

So basically, to make Isaac work for Captain Falcon, you would have to take Falcon's skeleton and rig Isaac to it. Then it should work...
I was using Isaac's assist trophy. The game seems to be really iffy about this. Maybe it's a specific problem we don't know yet

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
I tried lyn as pokemon trainer (replacing model and textures on an un edited FitPokeTrainer00.pac) ... SUCCESS
AWESOMEPWNSOMENESS

maybe you should try doing a primid?

JUST A SUGGESTION >_>

and GL to pharrox...

and could sum1 give e a pic of VILE's boss hax?

....im such a newbie :urg:

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Was there ever a pic of a imported model?
I follow the thread for a long time, but never saw a single shot of anything =/

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to wait to release something until I had something impressive to show, but at this point I don't think it really matters, I'll probably post something in the next week or so.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
One week, eh?

Well folks, you got what you wanted. You got a date for something. Don't ask again. :)

I'll lol if this screenshot is a nothing but a perfect cube or a cylinder. And speaking of cylinders, I think a playable Sandbag would be hilarious. :D

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
If you're into texture hacking, just make the textures for those individual parts invisible by messing with the alpha channel. (I may be wrong on this one)
I tried, but there are different types of textures, and those ones just dont like to turn invisible, they usualy turn black. I need a way to delete the mesh data, or change what kind of texture they are.

Also... Here is the pokemon trainer pac for you. use for captain falcon

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025e04e75f6e8ebb871

And... if someone is cool enought to make a whole moveset for this to work glitch free, that'd make them... cool XD

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
I tried, but there are different types of textures, and those ones just dont like to turn invisible, they usualy turn black. I need a way to delete the mesh data, or change what kind of texture they are.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025e04e75f6e8ebb871

And... if someone is cool enought to make a whole moveset for this to work glitch free, that'd make them... cool XD
where does "pokemon.3g2" go?

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Good to hear something from you Pharrox :)
Great, I have a week off school next week so it would be cool to have it at the beginning =O
Nice to atleast know a vague release date <(^.^)^

Eldiran

Smash Lord

This is beautiful. Crash-prone, but beautiful. If the model were made so that the feet were on the ground, and the animations that moved him actually did so, then I would totally make a moveset for it.

Very nice job fortwaffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom