• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Matchup Chart

iLink

Smash Champion
Wow no one uses poor Lucario : ( I'll have some match-up stuff tomorrow.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm a bit skeptical on the accuracy of those kirby matchups but I'll put them up.

DD I could really use that chart the list is getting crowded................

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm a bit skeptical on the accuracy of those kirby matchups but I'll put them up.

DD I could really use that chart the list is getting crowded................
>_> My b. I'm studying a lot of calculus and I'll be able to update this fully tomorrow afternoon.
-DD

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
It would be easier if you could just give me the chart and tell me how to update specific squares, that way we wouldn't have to put down all the data twice.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zekdjtbtfhn

^^
It's a chart I made. Tell me what you think. :)
Pretty good, but it's kinda big and I think we should use a wider range of colors.

Colors should be lighter and the matchup ratio should be bolded and maybe a bit bigger so it can be seen more easily.

Thanks for your work.

Also, I think since the chart is so big it would be a good idea to only have the first number in the ratio in each box.

So, hypothetically, if it were Ike Vs. Jiggs at 60:40 the box in Ike's row would just say 60 and the box in Jigg's row would just say 40

Cero

Smash Lord
Thanks. I was bored, lol.

Do you want the program and the original chart file so you can edit it yourself?

That actually took a lot of work and I need to start focusing on school stuff now.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lucario : ________

Bowser - 60/40
Capt. Falcon - 60/40
Charizard - 55/45
Diddy Kong - 50/50
Donkey Kong - 55/45
Falco - 60/40
Fox - 50/50
G&W - 40/60
Ganon - 60/40
Ice Climbers - 50/50
Ike - 60/40
Ivysaur - 55/45
Jigglypuff - 50/50
King DDD - 50/50
Kirby - 45/55
Link - 55/45
Lucas - 50/50
Luigi - 50/50
Mario - 55/45
Marth - 45/55
MK - 40/60
Ness - 45/55
Peach - 50/50
Pikachu - 50/50
Lolimar - 55/45
Pit - 50/50
ROB - 50/50
Samus - 55/45
Sheik - 55/45
Snake - 55/45
Sonic - 60/40
Squirtle - 50/50
TL - 50/50
Wario - 50/50
Wolf - 55/45
Yoshi - 50/50
Zelda - 55/45
ZSS - 55/45

The ones in red are the ones I have little to no knowledge of the b+ match-up and is just my guess.

Cero

Smash Lord
Yeah. Sorry about stealing your thunder. :(
I only knew about you making a chart after I just finished mine...

You can still post yours up. Mine's apparently too big and is lacking color, lol.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Thanks a lot for making the chart Cero, I'll get it in the OP tomorrow.

DD if you make an even better chart I'll switch, I hate to see ANYONE's time wasted, but here it looks like it's going to happen. It will just matter which one is better.

Or you could just not finish yours if you don't want to.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thanks a lot for making the chart Cero, I'll get it in the OP tomorrow.

DD if you make an even better chart I'll switch, I hate to see ANYONE's time wasted, but here it looks like it's going to happen. It will just matter which one is better.

Or you could just not finish yours if you don't want to.
Eh, his chart is a better design and style, I'd say stick with it.
-DD

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Let's talk about Bowser's matchup in depth. How does the loss of AC fair affect matchups in which he was forced to approach? Is the HA crawl a good replacement for it?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
we don't want to make metaknight crappy. the goal is to make every balanced, which he have come closer to realizing. We're not there yet, but still...no need to be so biased against Brawl+. Try it before you hate it, troll.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
About MK...
I played my friend, who plays Kirby and sucks, with Metaknight, who I've never played in Brawl+.

I LOST. lol.

I don't think he's OP, just annoying with all his safe options.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
And I usually 3-stock him...

My main problem is that it was hard to rack up damage with combos on Kirby, then when I got him to high percents, I didn't have any kill moves. Not to mention I couldn't gimp him, another one of MK's strengths.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
we don't want to make metaknight crappy. the goal is to make every balanced, which he have come closer to realizing. We're not there yet, but still...no need to be so biased against Brawl+. Try it before you hate it, troll.
Sure thing.:)

I just find it ironic that MK is still too good. I'm sure you guys can "fix" him. I just want him to have a non-favorable match-up. (Worst than even)

It'll prove to me that you guys are even getting anywhere.

I also find it funny how you ppl have nearly all of Falcon's match-ups covered. He was the first to be shown off in this hack. Boy, I'm foreshadowing big time. :falco:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Just ignore him, he obviously doesn't understand the implemented updates and how they change the game.

He just got Brawl+, lost to some MK, and is coming here to say we haven't made any progress.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
GL, that was 1 person posting his opinion on Falcon's matchups <_<

And we have nerfed MK. A lot. He has several poor matchups...just off the top of my head i'd say hes disadvantaged against Kirby, DK, ZSS, Ness, Falco, Peach, Olimar, Charizard, maybe Pit...the list goes on

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
There ya go, proof. But isn't there a thread about tryin' to balance this game?

No need to be harsh everyone, it's just a game. CloneHat, feel free to prove that I'm johning about losing in Brawl+. In fact, you shouldn't have guessed on whether I currently have the hack or not.:sonic:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Well, I'm happy your question has been answered, but if you're saying you don't have Brawl+, you'd just be even less entitled to make blanket statements about the game.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The "Balancing Brawl+" thread is one person questioning whether the changes made were directly intended for balance or were simply added in on a whim. He specifically questioned the addition of DJC for Ness and Yoshi, not taking into account the fact that one of the goals of the Brawl+ project is to reinstate techniques present in previous versions of Smash that were removed from Brawl. As both Ness and Yoshi could cancel their midair jumps using aerials in both Smash 64 and Melee, it was only logical that the Brawl+ crew would reinstate a balanced and slightly modified version of the DJC (that being that you can decide whether or not you wish to cancel your jump, by releasing or holding the jump button, respecively) when it became possible to do so.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
MK26 is in my mind after all, making my future comments pointless. But no, I will not accept this hack.

The answer is no. But I haven't complained about the hack here as I am only judging by how most of the footage of Brawl+ I've seen contains Falcon combos that look easy.(about 7 videos)

Maybe they're not easy, but I just don't find any appeal out of them.

Don't worry, I'll look more into the hack and leave the same opinions all over again before you all facepalm. :sonic:

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
MK26 is in my mind after all, making my future comments pointless. But no, I will not accept this hack.

The answer is no. But I haven't complained about the hack here as I am only judging by how most of the footage of Brawl+ I've seen contains Falcon combos that look easy.(about 7 videos)

Maybe they're not easy, but I just don't find any appeal out of them.

Don't worry, I'll look more into the hack and leave the same opinions all over again before you all facepalm. :sonic:
Wait.. so you're saying that you're to ignorant to even give the hack a fair chance?
GG.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Wait.. so you're saying that you're to ignorant to even give the hack a fair chance?
GG.
Correct. Answer this for me: What's the point of Brawl+?

I...just don't get it. I've known about the hack for nearly a year, but I've always thought: This isn't for lulz, or just to make CF look good?

The real ignorant people in the Smash community are the ones that think vBrawl is such a horrid competitive game. It has its flaws, but so does Melee. Ppl still play the **** out of both. :sonic:

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
Correct. Answer this for me: What's the point of Brawl+?

I...just don't get it. I've known about the hack for nearly a year, but I've always thought: This isn't for lulz, or just to make CF look good?

The real ignorant people in the Smash community are the ones that think vBrawl is such a horrid competitive game. It has its flaws, but so does Melee. Ppl still play the **** out of both. :sonic:
Eh, I don't think anyone here is bashing melee or vBrawl. They're just taking a slightly non competitive game and making it more balanced, skillful, and fun.
On the way there they're changing matchups by buffing and nerfing strengths and weaknesses of characters.
Also, you dismiss Brawl+ as to easy, when vBrawl is most definitely easier to play.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Answer: Read the FAQ

There are MANY reasons why people don't like vBrawl. However, if you like it, and weren't dissatisfied at all with its failure to carry on the characteristics of the Smash series, then maybe this isn't for you. However, it's the general consensus here that Brawl+ is more competitive, more fun, more skill-intensive, and more faithful to Smash in general.

Top Bottom