• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl + Fun - A Brawl+ Tournament, 5/2, Hempstead, NY VOTE FOR CODESET!

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
NA NA NA joedot better be there lmfaoo i havent seen that homie ollie ravioli in like... ages same with papa khanti but i know hes coming :]

also smashers from NYC let me know whos going so we can all travel laong :]]]
Well he wants to see you at least `_-;;;;

Glick

Smash Lord
Yo blacka. I'm probably going to this. Anyways. I'll talk to you on aim about it. maybe we can get other nycers to go together.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
You should do another one of these, I would like to come but I don't come back from college til the 13th of May :(

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Being that this is less than a week away, I gotta ask (and frankly I'm surprised this wasn't brought up already):

What version of B+ will this tourney use?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
ATTENTION (Duelists!):

Barring a bug or balance issue, the version to be used will be the version released on 4/26

Once more, this may be subject to change with nightly builds coming out.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I see. Well, hopefully this will stay as the version used, since peeps need to get good practice on said version to prepare for this tournament.

Lotsa hyyyyyyyype for this. Should be fun. :-)

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
im hoping (and assuming) there isnt any super big difference on the b+ 4/26 release 1 compared 2 the version b4 right lol all i played was b+ 4.1 i think
Considering the one before it was released on 4/25, then 4/23....

Yous gotta get with the times you silly n00b!

There's been some surprises here and there but not a HUGE much between 4.1's.

linkfan32

Smash Rookie
Hey, im just starting to get into Brawl tournaments, and I figure that id take a look at the listings on this site.

I am a student at NCC down the block, but ive spent a lot of time at Hofstra. I will do my best to attend.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Ah ****, I just found out I have to take the SAT this saturday.

We get out sometime between 12 and 1 so if i did make it I might be late (Plus I don't want to make Khanti late)

so yeah..

Khanti get on aim sometime if ya feel like we could work something out.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Ah ****, I just found out I have to take the SAT this saturday.

We get out sometime between 12 and 1 so if i did make it I might be late (Plus I don't want to make Khanti late)

so yeah..

Khanti get on aim sometime if ya feel like we could work something out.
0_o;;; I think you may need to get studying if you just found out!

But I don't think the SAT was that hard, and you should def make it for singles at least. Maybe if we end up waiting for random NY people you can be on time as well!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
So I don't feel like sitting on a train for 3 hours each way...There's gonna be brawl+ at apex...sorry guys...

Eaode

Smash Champion
Actually yeah im not entering doubles anyway i just remembered. So as long as you don't mind comin' back for meh Khanti :p

Lol I knew they were this month but i didn't know they were the 2nd. It's aight tho, I'm smart xD

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
So I don't feel like sitting on a train for 3 hours each way...There's gonna be brawl+ at apex...sorry guys...
Then your location is LIES!

**** Apex happening around finals for me. Though perhaps in the future...

Also updated in first post, you can temp remove texture hacks by removing the SD card on the char select screen, BUT PUT THEM BACK AFTER THE MATCH.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
Actually yeah im not entering doubles anyway i just remembered. So as long as you don't mind comin' back for meh Khanti :p

Lol I knew they were this month but i didn't know they were the 2nd. It's aight tho, I'm smart xD
ill prob come back 4 you. If possible could u try to find another way over to the place.

linkfan32

Smash Rookie
Also tell other NCC'ers about the tourny and also to come, the more attendance the better
Alright, ill do my best. I already have at least someone in mind, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he is one of the posters in this thread.

Also, I can bring my Brawl+ Wii if needed, maybe my tv.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
don't know if i should come or not now. have NO money. gotta pay bills for school.
Bring that TV for less venue fee :chuckle:

But seriously, gl, would be nice to see you there man.

And yes, setups are very much needed linkfan, I even put ya down in the first post.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
ATTENTION

There is a new codeset. The codeset brings changes to Bowser, Marth, Olimar, Sonic, Gandondorf, Link, and Ness primarily.

What is everyone's consensus? Should we run the tournament with this or stick with 4/26?

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
ATTENTION

There is a new codeset. The codeset brings changes to Bowser, Marth, Olimar, Sonic, Gandondorf, Link, and Ness primarily.

What is everyone's consensus? Should we run the tournament with this or stick with 4/26?
lol well every1 who has the b+ at thier house can probably adapt 2 it by tomorrow but 4 people like myself that doesnt i would like it 2 be the 4/26 lol

Top Bottom