• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
This is bad news for most people who have been waiting for the game.

But personally I actually don't mind the game being delayed a bit more, mainly because I don't have a Wii yet.

Also Nintendo can take as much time they want as far as I'm concerned, just as long as SSBB is a truly amazing game when it's released.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I do find it rather odd that they pushed Brawl back by a whole month for North America and gave Japan only a week's delay. I also find it odd that there hasn't been a release date for the PAL versions, either.

Oh, well. Like Violent-nin said, as long as the game is good when it comes out.

Smooth Criminal

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
don't u guys get that this has nothing to do with the development of the game....the GAME IS DONE

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they aren;t still working on any development if the game is slated for the end of january in japan---so don't be so naively complacent as if this is a good thing or that it's going to incease the chances of other charecters or new modes----THEY ARE DONE!!!

..one week delay is not a big deal

but one EXTRA month for us is ridiculous

u guys are being too nice about this

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
I truly can not wait any longer for Brawl. Sure the quality of the game is better after a delay. But Nintendo cannot keep their promises...I don't even know if I care anymore....(about brawl)

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
So, it takes a week for Japan to release the game and a month for America? That is wierd. WEll, I felt as if this might happen, but it will be worth the wait.
Weird?? I think it's fairly obvious that Nintendo is favoring Japan...1 week=/= 1 month....

Worth the wait my *** too, we have been waiting too long for a Video game that has already gone gold...

wingadb

Smash Rookie
The extra delay time between US and Japan is probably so that they can get the supplies up so that there are enough copies to meet the demand. Incidentally, it also allows for more wii's to be bought and manufactured further increasing profits for Nintendo. Another reason for the delay is probably to beef up the servers so they can handle the amount of people that are going to be playing online.

Further, I seem to remember rumors that Brawl was going to be a launch title. Then it was suppose to be early 2007. Then it was summer '07. Then the rumors went away and we were told December. And the story goes on from there. So really, we've been waiting over a year and it will be about a year and a half by the time we reach this next release date. So realistically we could be talking 2+ years of waiting time before it finally reaches NA some time near holiday's '08 or whenever nintendo decides they need more wii sales.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
yes ...beefing up the servers would be an acceptable reason for delay....tho still aggrivating

but if thats really the issue...why not just tell us that

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
**** that bull****...theres not going to be any more content...japan is going to online anyways...if brawl ends up sucking im never buying nintendo products ever!

wingadb

Smash Rookie
Why no preorders?

from a source i cant reveal...the reason brawl was delayed

simply put, Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales.

Could the lack of preorders have anything to do with the fact that no one knows when this thing is actually going to be done? I mean, I ordered mine right after they released the december date back in the summer. If i knew that they were going to screw with the release date, I would not have bothered putting money down, I'd wait til i saw it on the shelf and get it. People do know now that they are screwing with the dates so are probably apprehensive about paying for a game that they don't even know what year it is going to be released in.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Dear Nintendo,

Do you know what would calm us all down? A playable demo! Hand it over so we can all crawl back in our holes with our 'precious'.

Sincerely,
Mr. ICantWaitAnyLongerToBrawl Veysey

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
This is really getting me mad now, sigh, whats the point if you keep adding new stuff to it if they keep pushing it and pushing it, at lest give a demo to the wii shop channle sigh:mad:

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
I have no problem with this, If the game has to be delayed then so be it, I'd rather wait for a finished game then get something of the quality of a demo now. The More I wait the more will the game last.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
I have no problem with this, If the game has to be delayed then so be it, I'd rather wait for a finished game then get something of the quality of a demo now. The More I wait the more will the game last.
maby your right, i was just angery about what they said, *breath deeply* ok im better, but they better add something really really good for pushing it again.:ohwell:

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Chefman said:
maby your right, i was just angery about what they said, *breath deeply* ok im better, but they better add something really really good for push it again.
I'm Speculating that it has to do with 3rd Parties, Maybe Sakurai Called Keiji Inafune thinking that he could finish Megaman before January 24 and couldn't so He delayed the game 1 week.

The game must be coming later on America( March ) because of Localization I Suppose, All those Bonus, Warnings, Modes, etc.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
gigan x 3

the game is DONE!!!!!!!!!!

we're not getting anything new from this delay

wrap ur head around that

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This is a catastrophe of epic proportion. Why did Japan get a measly one week delay and us a whole month? How can they possibly be so far from completion that they can back this?

The only solution I can think of is our buddy, the blue bomber. Megaman better be in now! No excuses! (no, I'm joking. But seriously, that is the only thing that could make me less angry about this delay.)

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
gigan x 3

the game is DONE!!!!!!!!!!

we're not getting anything new from this delay

wrap ur head around that
They delayed the game for a reason, it's not complete, What I said was speculation and for all we know it could be full of bugs with some of the characters not revealed so far or Online testing.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I don't expect anything to be added on because of this because that would would probably cause further delays. I just want it perfect--and perhaps with voice chat with friends--is that too much to ask?

Probably.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I just had an idea for a signature. lol (look below)

But really, I am pretty ticked off. Japan gets the date pushed back a week, and the US a month. That's pretty idiotic, if you ask me. They can't even add anything new.

Zakurai

Smash Rookie
Great... Another Delay.

...I am getting pretty pissed-off at Nintendo... -_________-'

I just hope this wait is wort hit. It better be the best game I've ever played because this wait is killing me.

I cant complain though, I rather have a really good game that a half-finished, rushed-over game. *sigh*
That is so true. I am getting pretty pissed off about all the delays. While Japan has to wait one more week, we wait one more month. That's messed up. Although, like Poseidon said, I would rather have a really good game then one of them that has been half-finished and rushed over.

*sigh*

Oh well. Can't do anything to stop it, really. Now, I have to go play my new DS Lite...

Seriously...

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
OK I NEED TO SAY THIS because i;m PISSED

the following is the supposed reason brawl is being delayed:

"Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales. Another factor in the placement of the American delay is to give this part of the year stronger profit. My source had no details on this matter. The Japanese numbers are fine and the week delay is for a shortage of copies made. The game is finished in Japan in in full. NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers. So in short, we simply will have to wait another extra month for Brawl , unless u want it half English/ half Japanese."

if this is true i just wanna say how utterly ridiculous this is. NOA has had plenty of time to advertise for this game and plenty of time to localize it. they do very little in the whole machine that is making a game like this. compared to NOJ they;ve got a very small work load on their plate. and also THIS IS THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAME EVER. I have never seen more hype over one game in my entire life of gaming. EVER. this game is gonna sell like crazy when it comes out.

we don't need MAGAZINE ads...because gamers who read gaming magzines already know about BRAWL! just put up a couple of TV commercials to pull in some noobs because frankly noobs watch the tube....they dont; read game informer or nintendo power.

AND There is no reason to generate so much advertising before the game comes out. ACTUALLY it would be ideal if they advertise a few weeks after so that the fans (US!!) ,that have made this game as important as it is today, can get our hands on the game before the mass of noobs rip it off the shelves and make it hard to find. so if they are planning on this they better print up like 6 million copies right now . because it would be a MASSIVE DISSERVICE to us loyal fans to delay the game just to sell to casual gamers and leave some of us bereft of it for who knows how long.

we've been waiting for over a year...checking updates...talking ...speculating...growing as a community. WE WANT THIS GAME AND WE DESERVE THE GAME

noobs can wait

so i just really hope this isn;t there goal...because it;s f*cking stupid---the game will sell...and it will outsell every other wii game once it gains some momentum

i;m tired of party games...i;m tired of nintendo gimmicks....i;m tired of even grandma being able to play wii because of how user friendly it is

i bought my wii for smash and nothing else

i want smash...and this delay is horse sh*t

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
so close... to being here. Now it's another month to add on.
lol.
I will not laugh out loud. I have been waiting for seven years for this sequel, and I am sure most people on this site have been waiting for that long too. Now it's in the same situation as Twilight Princess was. And how come in Japan it's only a one-week delay? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

Sandy

Smash Champion
It could be delayed for the following reasons:
- Nintendo wants to get the biggest names of classic Japanese video games in it

- Nintendo might be planning a simultaneous re-release of Smash Bros. 64 for the DS and Virtual Console revamped with online capabilities

- Nintendo is currently researching a new media format that can contain more awesome than Smash Bros. can put out. This seems impossible.

As long as they don't take anything out to boost the release date, of if that package something cool for those who reserved the game, I'm fine. They've already got my money.

Top Bottom