• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Melee had English in the Japanese version, and I don't see Brawl being different. In fact, I see it having the "6+1" languages they list on the site for the Japanese Release. Also about the only thing EDITED from the NA Melee to the EU Melee was getting rid of that Carrington Institute flub.
Nah, in Melee, NTSC to PAL had some "rebalances," but they didn't help much. Laughable at best. Plus I forgot about that Carrington Institute flub. :laugh:

Japan uses the NTSC format for games also.
Huh, thought they were PAL. Learn something new everyday. v:)v

A) Brawl should be debugged in Japan,
Correct, but, stuff happens, never know.

and B)In a world where the competitors can just patch the game later, being delayed for debugging is stupid.
True, but better to have the patch/fix on the disk then rather our tiny Flash memory unit. v:urg:v

So far the only real good excuse I've heard is that Nintendo can't make enough disks to even satisfy just Japanese demand.
Yeah...yeah I thought of that, too, but I didn't really know how plausible that could really be.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What can they possibly do in a month? I mean its coming out in japan on the 31, we got that, and unless translating takes 2 months, why the HELL are we getting it so late? seriously I dont get it, unless they plan to release a headset as well or something...

SP49833

Smash Rookie
The delay, although pretty disheartening, actually helps out a LOT. I was really afraid that I'd have to ignore No More Heroes.
The delay just gives me more time to enjoy No More Heroes, in addition to the countless games I still haven't finished from Christmas (Zack & Wiki, RE: UC, Assassin's Creed, COD4)
Not to mention Devil May Cry 4.

Vephoma

Smash Rookie
I agree with Stryks; it doesn't seem like a translation would be good reason to push back the release date. So, I wonder if this has anything to do with the ESRB? Maybe Nintendo is looking to get the all important E rating, but keep getting stuck with a T for animated violence or something. Game companies can dispute ESRB ratings, but I bet it takes around a month to do so.

Although it wouldn't explain why Japan's date was pushed back as well.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
Oh please. I saw Twilight Princess get delayed a whole year before it's release on the Gamecube. Duke Nukem fans have been waiting over a decade. This is NOTHING!

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Improving online play could also be another possibility. In the end it'll be worth the wait.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt its the ESRB, its gonna get T, cause its violence, bowser is setting guys on fire, peach is hitting guys with a pan, and wario will traumatize u with all of that flab...

its getting the T rating for sure, IMO theyre either improving the online, so we can see the names of our oponents or creating a headset...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Those idiots shouldn't even put a launch date since they obviously are not good at estimating when they can complete something.

Maybe if he didn't put in stupid things like rotation, and stickers, we could actually have out "Fighting" game.

But hey this really doesn't surprise me, I mean the Japanese must have their game way longer then us, Nothing new here.

sucks to be PAL

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I hope they have names and voice chat for wi-fi.

Otherwise the delay sucked ****ing ***.
And we europeans get crapped on. Maybe they will delay Europe then? I hope not...

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
This delay hit the US harder than Japan which sucks, but i'm tired of waiting so i just pre ordered it from Japan and bought a Japanese wii.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really make that much sense to me. This only gives the creators like a few more days to make the game for Japan. What MORE could be added into this game?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I hope you all release this delay is not for adding anything, or fixing any bugs.. its simply to complete what they already have from the japanese game, then translations I guess.

Odd.. that Japan got 1 week.. and we got a month.

Well atleast its not like kingdom hearts where we have to wait a year for a us release lol. (this is as optimistic as I can get >.>)

GamingGuy84

Smash Rookie
Man, I can't believe it is happening again!

I really do hope that the extra long wait will be worth it.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know why the push back? It can't be much to do with the game. I mean delaying *** by 1 week and NA by a month... It doesn't make sense

In my opinion: Nintendo is trying to build more hype and/or wants more copies on the shelf for release... something to do with sale numbers I'm sure.

I'm telling you - delaying is fine... but it upsets me that *** only gets a week delay and if these delays are more to do with Nintendo and some for of greed rather then Sakurai and game improvements - I will be royally pissed off.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Either - A: Translation errors to tend to, and then when it's translated, it has to be made into a billion copies for us in the US.
Personally, I like the Japanese screens and jiggs, Purin speaking Purinese. The only problem with releasing it in Japanese is that, that's right, the Wii is not region free. Dam.
or B: They're adding something. And then going into the translation issues.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
It would be quite funny now if the PAL release was Jan 10th. ;)

"Okay, the reason for the delay is that we wish to let the European areas of the globe sample Brawl first, so we can fine tune the Worldwide Wifi system befre it hits the rest of the globe."

XD A man can dream...

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
from a source i cant reveal...the reason brawl was delayed

simply put, Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales. Another factor in the placement of the American delay is to give this part of the year stronger profit. My source had no details on this matter. The Japanese numbers are fine and the week delay is for a shortage of copies made. The game is finished in Japan in in full. NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers. So in short, we simply will have to wait another extra month for Brawl , unless u want it half English/ half Japanese.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I don't like that you won't reveal your source, Epsilon, but your theory makes enough sense for me. I accept it as the best explination so far.

Slojoz

Smash Cadet
OMFG i cant believe this sh**. ONE MONTH LATER!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: and japan ONE WEEK??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF... the game must have al least 50 characters now... if dont sakurai will die. if this is not the best game ever in history and for the years earth will remain alive i will kill sakurai (or the little f*** that made this desicion.
and the online must be as good as call of duty 4 and halo 3... even if playing from the south pole to the north pole

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
... It's only a f*cking week. relax, ****it.

I think they're just going to replace Sonic's awesome Japanese voice acting with the suckass US one.

This isn't Nintendo's fault... it's 4KIDS's!!!

Anyway, seriously, it's just a month. How bad could it be?

Tachita

Smash Cadet
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
WHY YOU DID THIS SAKURAI! WHY!
IT WAS JUST ONE MORE MONTH!
I can believe it, I'm ripped apart if I werent at school I surely would collapse and faint
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
What maddens me about the delay is that they only pushed it back a week in Japan; they pushed it back a whole month in America! That only makes sense if they added some sort of character that the Japanese are not familiar with (sort of how they almost didn't release roy & marth as characters in melee because they were Japanese), but that is counter-intuitive considering the development team is stationed in Japan.

But I can wait another month...I've already waited more than a year since they stated that Brawl would launch with Wii, now I can wait one more month. I just wonder why they had to delay it so much in the US, while they only delayed it one week in Japan.

I (and many other Zelda fans) had to deal with the 2 year delay circus with Twilight Princess, so hopefully not too many are surprised by another delay.

And at least they didn't push it back past summer!

Sandy

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. Brawl wasn't delayed, it a Falcon kicked into Mar. 9th so Captain Falcon has more man time.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
this is such a royal load of CRAP

one week in japan ....one month for the US?

F*CK NOA....they are so god**** slow

the game is done....we all know it

it;s being printed and copied

why must they be so slow over here? is it translations?

motto hayaku yaku****e kudasai! (please translate faster!)
god----

so pissed off....

we're gonna know everythign about brawl before it comes out now....

DON"T BLAME SAKURAI---- he's doing everything right...working his *** off...trying his best--giving us all we want

BLAME NINTENDO OF AMERICA.....all they gotta do in this process is translate ,copy and print basically and they need and extra MONTH? gimme a muthaf*cking break

UGH

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
This is very disappointing for me because I pre-ordered the game and payed it in full in Indiana...where I go to school, but March 9th is during my Spring Break.....so Ill be home in California....

DQP

Smash Ace
not again!

i had a hunch brawl would be delayed again, but i am still disappointed. at least this gives jiggs a better chance. c falcon too.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
this is such a royal load of CRAP

one week in japan ....one month for the US?

F*CK NOA....they are so god**** slow

the game is done....we all know it

it;s being printed and copied

why must they be so slow over here? is it translations?

motto hayaku yaku****e kudasai! (please translate faster!)
god----

so pissed off....

we're gonna know everythign about brawl before it comes out now....

DON"T BLAME SAKURAI---- he's doing everything right...working his *** off...trying his best--giving us all we want

BLAME NINTENDO OF AMERICA.....all they gotta do in this process is translate ,copy and print basically and they need and extra MONTH? gimme a muthaf*cking break

UGH
And...... how do you know its NOA?

Top Bottom