• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl has officially been pushed back a week in Japan and a month in North America.

Though several online retailers had updated their release dates suggesting a delay for several weeks, Smash Bros. Dojo has now announced that Super Smash Bros. Brawl has officially been delayed in both Japan and North America. From the American English Dojo:
Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we've had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.
I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
The Japanese Dojo confirms that the Japanese release has been pushed back to January 31, one week after the original launch date of January 24.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl was originally slated to launch in North America on December 3, 2007, but it was later delayed to February 10, 2008.

Link to original post: [drupal=457]Brawl Delayed Again[/drupal]

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
First (EDIT: second <_<) to such a dismal topic. :(

Thinking months along the road, I realize I'll be pretty glad they delayed it. Just to make it that much better like adding Female PT and Zamus selectable at start. There's no excuse now.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
(Sigh). Another month of filler. :urg:
What do you mean another month of filler? The Japanese will be getting it January 31st... A WEEK LATER! They are probably taking all traces of Devil World out of the game again! That makes me ANGRY!!! :mad:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You know... as neutral as I'm normally am I am having trouble finding the positive in this one ;;

JPW

Smash Ace
so close... to being here. Now it's another month to add on.
lol.

The rumoured June release for PAL regions does look possible now... what a sad world.....

Though I would laugh if it turned out that the delay was because they wanted to make PAL versions too, so we didn't miss out.

There better be more than 40 Characters now Sakurai. You have delayed this game for too long.

Be thankful you still have an actual date though. PAL regions still have nothing.

Hopefully you will learn though how PAL players have felt for the last decade now.
Delay after delay. Some games never making it to our shores.

Poseidon

Smash Rookie
...I am getting pretty pissed-off at Nintendo... -_________-'

I just hope this wait is wort hit. It better be the best game I've ever played because this wait is killing me.

I cant complain though, I rather have a really good game that a half-finished, rushed-over game. *sigh*

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
Yep, just saw it myself -_-

I do believe it's for the better, though. I was thinking it was too good to be true for it to be coming out in less than a month,

Sein

Smash Rookie
Well here is to hoping No More Heroes Keeps me busy a little longer than I originally had expected.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
It IS coming out in less than a month... IN JAPAN!!! GRR!!! We should be getting it on Feburary 17, but NO! We get it MARCH 9TH!!! :mad:

RazeveX

Smash Ace
This is an outrage, but to be fair Americans don't really have much right to get angry here.

PAL STILL DOESN'T HAVE A ****ING RELEASE DATE!!!!!

Nintendo have offically lost a fanboy. I used to think nintendo was the best, but as of now, i now appreciate sony as the best in the game industry.

Not to say i wont play brawl, ie the only game i bought my wii for.

heety9

Smash Journeyman
Four letters:

C
R
A
P

This sucks. Oh well, thisconfirms that they didn't delay it just because it would conflict with SMG's sales.

Sein

Smash Rookie
They Better be adding in a few more characters or stages or something..

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
With the huge gap in our release date than Japan's, the only reason I can think of is a translation/localization issue, it has to be.

I am upset, but if they can't release the game February 10th, then what else can we say?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
What is this!? At least give us a "Sonic Announced" Update to make up for this!
I thought they were done throwing the Brawl Delayed Card? This is very annoying!

Oh well, Brawl is now officially my Birthday Present :)

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I am VERY upset.
Took off work the week of the 10th.........
Hopefully they added voice chat?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo have offically lost a fanboy. I used to think nintendo was the best, but as of now, i now appreciate sony as the best in the game industry.

Not to say i wont play brawl, ie the only game i bought my wii for.
LOL get over it... you'll get your game. ;) Brawl will be better than any game PS3 dishes out.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
sakurai hates america and wants japenese players to get am even bigger head start on the US. thats the only explanation that could justify this delay. that or geno

courte

Smash Lord
oddly enough it didn't hurt when i went back to the site and read the ****ed words... it didn't even hurt when i saw the ******** comments made by some of the people on the boards, and that is usually very painful... what really hurt was looking up in the corner of the news page and seeing 16 days japan, 54 days US... that's what really hurt... just yesterday it was 24... but seeing those numbers...

also i had planned to boycott the net once it releases in japan and until brawl comes out it america... it still do, but it's going to be quite a challenge... i think i'll learn about MAME, emulators, japanese and game programming and design in my spare time now...

warhead1988

Smash Rookie
Well Just Another Part of life Taking its toll on us !! lol!

So smash has yet AGAIN!! been delayed due to completion being slow ok.

So What Will We get from nintendo In return? lol jk

Another month of melee!! to practice!! yaya! lol Seriously though...Im am
Deeply annoyed by these delays!! We've all been waiting for a long long time

I hope updates Get Way Better And I hope Japan Consumers post some awesome vids
on it Man cuz This is really hard to manage seeing as which most of us have SCHOOL!!! lol

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Be thankful you still have an actual date though. PAL regions still have nothing.
Honestly, I'd prefer to just give a general date until there is a SURE date the game is coming out. It's more painful to think something is coming up soon, only to have it snatched away.

At least the PAL regions know it's going to be a ways away, so when they get their release (and hopefully they don't delay from that) they won't have to deal with the whole "ONLY ONE MORE MONTH... okay, this time it's DEFINITELY one more month... okay... one more month again..." thing. It's... annoying.

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
What can they possibly be needing to do??
Probably just polishing it up.
Lucky japanese brats!!!!!! Always getting stuff first...
now back to working on a time machine.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I came home in the worst of moods, wondering how my night could be worse. I was thinking Dojo would update something little, like an How to Play with ledge or aerial attacks.

I literally screamed. This just made one of my worst days abyssmal. Now I need to go and unrequest the days I requested off, and sit around as I wait for a game that was delayed less than a month before it was released.

Seriously, has ANY game EVER been delayed so close to when it would be released? About a week in Japan, and it was delayed? How can you delay a game about a week before it's released to the public!? I mean, haven't the copies been made by now? The creation of the CDs and boxes?

All I can see is another delay in the game I want more than anything in the world every time it gets close to me. I say, release the game, and send the corrections over Wi-Fi.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
This is an outrage, but to be fair Americans don't really have much right to get angry here.
says who? I'd guarantee the more pissed person is the one who actually came CLOSE to the release date and denied rather than someone who just doesn't know.

let's not play this kind of route, now.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
sweet, another month of melee!!
hahaa I love this guys comment hes the only happy person here XD

I can't help but feel like this is all my fault, I just found out that my girlfriends school dance was on febuary 9th, so I prayed to god for them to push the release date back just one more week so I could enjoy the spoils of brawl, I didn't want it to be pushed back a WHOLE month for america, but i guess my wish did come true, it will be pushed a week in japan XD sorry smashers! Maybe Geno or toad will be a playable character now!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Would everyone STOP moaning, at least you got the date for your release... E.U., U.K. and Australia STILL dont have a release date. Now EVERYONE STOP THE WINGEING!!! You can wait longer, maybe they are trying to PAL it now and also would you want the game almost perfected with glitches like Sonic 2006? I think not! You wait! U.S.A. STOP acting like some big baby who has had their dummy taken away! Geez you look so stupid crying about it.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
hahaa I love this guys comment hes the only happy person here XD

I can't help but feel like this is all my fault, I just found out that my girlfriends school dance was on febuary 9th, so I prayed to god for them to push the release date back just one more week so I could enjoy the spoils of brawl, I didn't want it to be pushed back a WHOLE month for america, but i guess my wish did come true, it will be pushed a week in japan XD sorry smashers! Maybe Geno or toad will be a playable character now!
GOOD JOB (Y)

Like i said before... Its only a month, and im european i couldnt care less actually xD i just want to get rid of the big bispace between America & europe >P

Top Bottom