• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Ryu Phoenix

Smash Rookie
Find me something to occupy me for a good two months so I can crawl out of my hole and see a world with Brawl. Of course, if it doesn't get delayed again...

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
FUCCCCK!!!! WTF?a delay?A DELAY! A ****ING DELAY!,ok i could handle a ****ing week delay,but a ****ING MONTH!!!!!!!i mean NINTENDO IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!!What ever happened to Brawl gone gold?it gone bronze that what it is!,i mean **** **** SUNNUVA ***** NO **** ***** **** **** **** **** ****!!!January 24 is supposed to be the JPN release date,but they get it arrived at their feet around 1 week after the game has officially supposed to release...But the *******s at Nintendo of America stated ''Hey!Let's **** up ourselves by making a month delay'' I HOPE THEY DONT ****ING CANCEL IT!IF THEY DO CANCEL SMASH BROS. BRAWL,THEN I HAVE BEEN WASTING 2 YEARS OF LOOKING AT UPDATES,COULD'NT SLEEP ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT BRAWL,I WANT IT NOW! I WANT IT NOW! LETS SAY THIS NOW **** NINTENDO **** THEIR *****,******S,OR MOUTHS!**** NINTENDO!**** THEM!**** **** ********FCUFKCUFKCUFC......****!!!!!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is the thread where we pick up our torches and pitchforks, right? I'm thinking a 3-day rental. I don't want the insurance, but how much extra do I get charged if I accidently keep them for an extra day or two?

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
i think its stupid if you guys are assuming theres gonna be something EXTRA in the game for this time. We new ages ago the game was finished and in production, obviously they planned their time wrong. They know what they are doing EVERYTHING is for a reason, maybe they wouldn't have had enough copies for that date, just trust them.

Also from my perspective I feel a bit happier because im from the PAL Region. I live in England meaning my SSBB would be basically the same as the USA one but id have to wait 4 MONTHS longer. Americans and the Japenese dont have to sit through our pain, knowing the rest of the world is playing the game while we have to wait for 3 Months, that hurts. SO STOP MOANING.

Chikara

Smash Rookie
This is so ****ing stupid. This is the whole reason i bought my wii. Now another freakin month!!!:mad:

FalcoDude12

Smash Rookie
I don't think this game will come out because of the delays because before it was supposed to come out in january 2006! now March 2008! Saukurai should at least give us a reason.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pretty ridiculous, but then again I wouldn't get it on my birthday anyway. To prevent glitches, you've got to look at the game from the inside and out.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
They better give us good updates! At least Japan was just pushed back a week. But the info from Japan will probably make me even sadder, because we'll have to wait another month!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean another month of filler? The Japanese will be getting it January 31st... A WEEK LATER! They are probably taking all traces of Devil World out of the game again! That makes me ANGRY!!! :mad:
I personally believe that it has something to do with the optical discs. I think the game's complete. Everything that's done is on that master disc. But, another month for Americas? Yeah, that sounds about right. This game will sell at least 200,000 on release night.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
guys just shut up and stop complaining sure we american have to wait a month but what about the PAL regions they usually wait 6 months ofter us but we only care about our selfs so just shut it and stop complaining and think about the Australians and Europeans they won't get it till what June so quite whining.

Off-topic: Lol I haven't seen more swearing in a topic since I went to a navy recruiting office.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i think its stupid if you guys are assuming theres gonna be something EXTRA in the game for this time. We new ages ago the game was finished and in production, obviously they planned their time wrong. They know what they are doing EVERYTHING is for a reason, maybe they wouldn't have had enough copies for that date, just trust them.

Also from my perspective I feel a bit happier because im from the PAL Region. I live in England meaning my SSBB would be basically the same as the USA one but id have to wait 4 MONTHS longer. Americans and the Japenese dont have to sit through our pain, knowing the rest of the world is playing the game while we have to wait for 3 Months, that hurts. SO STOP MOANING.
there's some thing u should know... while at the same time u dont have an official release date, u dont have to deal with the disapointment that we were expecting something that should have came out sooner than the first time it was delayed..

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
How disappointing, but I was expecting it. At least there is a positive for me. With all the stuff I have to buy for school, I wasn't sure I could pay off the game. Now that it's pushed back, I can concentrate more on my studies. Hopefully, I don't feel too grieved to concentrate.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
How disappointing, but I was expecting it. At least there is a positive for me. With all the stuff I have to buy for school, I wasn't sure I could pay off the game. Now that it's pushed back, I can concentrate more on my studies. Hopefully, I don't feel too grieved to concentrate.
good point....

Chikara

Smash Rookie
This is so ****ing stupid. This is the whole reason i bought my wii. Now another freakin month!!!:mad:
but don't you believe it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all??

i dont at all, but that cannot be compared to this. This is a video game. NO ONE in the world has ever loved a game that much. And never will. If nintendo never released the game, i'd get over it fast enough. If i lost the perfect love? I might kill myself.

See the difference?

WTF? having love and lost is a lot worst then never loved at all. If ****ing suxs to be told something then have it snatched. like a dangling carrot,.

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
ugghhhh stupid PAl. Uggghhhh dumb reggie I understand y its delayed in america but it should only be like a month after it in europe/australia. Rediculous it has to be so long

ilix

Smash Rookie
That must suck if ur in NA or Japan :ohwell:
at least its not as bad as in australia or europe so stop complaining
i might have to wait 3-4 months for it to release in aus

http://brawlcentral.com/- third pic down from the (World Hobby Fair 2008 Impressions )
on the right is the number 8, on the left of the 8 is a pic of somthing that looks abit like it might be megaman. IS IT MEGA MAN ?

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
That must suck if ur in NA or Japan :ohwell:
at least its not as bad as in australia or europe so stop complaining
i might have to wait 3-4 months for it to release in aus

http://brawlcentral.com/- third pic down from the (World Hobby Fair 2008 Impressions )
on the right is the number 8, on the left of the 8 is a pic of somthing that looks abit like it might be megaman. IS IT MEGA MAN ?
yeah it looks like him or it could be balloon fight.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't know whats worse.

The fact that this is the third delay.

The fact that its three times as long for North America.

The fact that they delayed it SO CLOSE to release AGAIN.

The fact that this is going to push Mario Kart Wii to Christmas.

Or the fact I'm losing hope for this game.

I would NOT be surprised at this point if Brawl became the next Mother 3.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I actually don't mind the delay at all.

It can only mean Brawl is going to be much better when it is finally released!

Besides, we still have the DOJO!!, so we'll continue to get major info on Brawl! And hopefully, the info will be less bogus then the majority of the past 2 monthes.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Calm down, guys. We're going to know everything about the game in about two weeks.

And it was just another month, seriously.

No, at least MY hype wasn't killed. I'm still as hyped as I ever was for this game. You're acting like it's been delayed to PAL's date. (Sorry for the stab. lol)

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Why the game could be delayed for a month for the US release:

•Running out of time to translate and localize
◘◘That means, translating ALL OF THE TROPHIES, MAKING SURE THEY MAKE SENSE, TRANSLATING ALL OF THE GAME MODES, LOCALISING GAME CHARACTER NAMES, TRANSLATING GAME INSTRUCTIONS, LOCALISING THEM TO MAKE SENSE, the list goes on and on, on that side of the spectrum. It's the most COMMON reason for a delay for a game coming outside of its region. Translation and localization.

•NTSC Format.
◘◘God America, why try to be so darn different in your TV sets, still? PAL isn't THAT bad. Actually, PAL60 is better then NTSC. Coding for this doesn't take long, but it can be a pain with certain coded games, but I don't see this being a major problem.

•General Debugging and Fixing.
◘◘Remember the differences between PAL Melee and NTSC Melee? Yeah. Plus, a game this large, it'd take a while. Chew on that for a while.

Those are the ones off the top of my head. They didn't delay it for another character (one week isn't enough time to push out another character, properly balance it, etc etc) or more stages (unless we are talking about like, super plain zone, the sequel to Super boring Flat Zone.).

•Not trying to spite you.
•Not releasing a new character (super unlikely).
•Not releasing more stages (also, super unlikely).
•Not trying to get Japanese players better then you, that's inert on their side. :laugh:

Also, I'm very disappointed just like the rest of y'all, but imagine how the European/Aussie players feel. That's a bigger slap in their face then ours. It's up in the air for them, and PAL translators have two (or more, not sure) more languages to translated it in. :|

Things are looking grim for all of us.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Calm down, guys. We're going to know everything about the game in about two weeks.

And it was just another month, seriously.

No, at least MY hype wasn't killed. I'm still as hyped as I ever was for this game. You're acting like it's been delayed to PAL's date. (Sorry for the stab. lol)
Thats the thing, though. Japan'll have it in two weeks. We'll have it in a month or two. By the time we actually GET it, we'll know everything, and there won't be any real excitement =/

And thats not even taking poor Europe into consideration.

u mean how it will get cancled and come out later in 5 years?????
Yeah >_>

But on the slightly brighter side, we get a month of Dojo updates that contain the rest of the game, since it'll already be out in Japan.

Sukapon

Smash Rookie
I could MAYBE see another character being the cause if they had already been working on it, but needed just a little bit more time to finish things up.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
The first time I saw this I was like "Someone please shoot me..." aww man... I really can't believe this... ugh!!!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
The only bright side I can think of is that US release date or not, we will know all the characters by at least January 24-31.(new Japan release)

ilix

Smash Rookie
on http://brawlcentral.com/- third pic down from the (World Hobby Fair 2008 Impressions )
on the right is the number 8, on the left of the 8 is a pic of somthing that looks abit like it might be megaman. IS IT MEGA MAN ? Some have said it looks abit like ballon fighter but why would they put someone who is not even important on a big billboard. either way its someone i have not seen on the dojo yet!

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
•Running out of time to translate and localize
◘◘That means, translating ALL OF THE TROPHIES, MAKING SURE THEY MAKE SENSE, TRANSLATING ALL OF THE GAME MODES, LOCALISING GAME CHARACTER NAMES, TRANSLATING GAME INSTRUCTIONS, LOCALISING THEM TO MAKE SENSE, the list goes on and on, on that side of the spectrum. It's the most COMMON reason for a delay for a game coming outside of its region. Translation and localization.
Melee had English in the Japanese version, and I don't see Brawl being different. In fact, I see it having the "6+1" languages they list on the site for the Japanese Release. Also about the only thing EDITED from the NA Melee to the EU Melee was getting rid of that Carrington Institute flub.

•NTSC Format.
◘◘God America, why try to be so darn different in your TV sets, still? PAL isn't THAT bad. Actually, PAL60 is better then NTSC. Coding for this doesn't take long, but it can be a pain with certain coded games, but I don't see this being a major problem.
Japan uses the NTSC format for games also.
•General Debugging and Fixing.
◘◘Remember the differences between PAL Melee and NTSC Melee? Yeah. Plus, a game this large, it'd take a while. Chew on that for a while.
A) Brawl should be debugged in Japan, and B)In a world where the competitors can just patch the game later, being delayed for debugging is stupid.

So far the only real good excuse I've heard is that Nintendo can't make enough disks to even satisfy just Japanese demand.

D

Deleted member

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
NO SMASH BROS. UNTIL MARCH 9 WTF I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF!!!!
Anyone who's watched SmashDash Episode VII knows this reference:p
At least Sugarpoultry surprised me by redoing my sig to make it icier:)

Top Bottom