• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
Would everyone STOP moaning, at least you got the date for your release... E.U., U.K. and Australia STILL dont have a release date. Now EVERYONE STOP THE WINGEING!!! You can wait longer, maybe they are trying to PAL it now and also would you want the game almost perfected with glitches like Sonic 2006? I think not! You wait! U.S.A. STOP acting like some big baby who has had their dummy taken away! Geez you look so stupid crying about it.
why dont you just move to america? Then you wouldn't have to deal with not haveing a relaease date.

chem1cal

Smash Rookie
This is the only game in awhile that I've been looking forward to. When I saw that little message at the top of the Dojo's website, I died a little inside.

P.S.
First post :D

P.S.S.
The only way I'd be happy is if they were adding voice chat for WiFi, or adding some new characters that were worthwhile.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
says who? I'd guarantee the more pissed person is the one who actually came CLOSE to the release date and denied rather than someone who just doesn't know.

let's not play this kind of route, now.
Oh boo hoo. If someones more pissed, they'll deal with it. An hour of anger is worth a month of knowing you will have the game in your hands soon. Obviously much better than mild depression from constantly being reminded that you won't be playing the game for a while (and its twice as bad not knowing if it'll ever come at all).

Now we're all upset, but please, i don't want any NTSC region person saying they have it worse than anyone in the PAL region.

Think about it; would you really trade places? No? That's what i thought. You can sit back down now.

In closing: F*** nintendo, i'm getting a modchip.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, this means PAL is f***ed, no way around this. And we didn't even get a ****ing newcomer. This is absolutely ridiculous ****. Nintendo just proves their retarted bias towards Japan, AGAIN! No wonder Sony and Microsoft aren't getting owned in Europe in Australia...THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THOSE PLACES! STill though, the American delay is pretty ****ed. I think the Americas being the biggest video game and worldwide marketplace, ****ing us over is a bad move. The only good game I can think of that was released in March was Wind Waker.

This is ridiculous. The Americas release date should have been unaffected. Nintendo is so biased towards Japan, it's ridiculous. Not to mention, this probably FURTHER pushes back the Australian and European release date to probably at earliest Q4 2008. Way to f*** up Nintendo. Now I know why I'm not a Nintendo fanboy-because fanboys suck, and they constantly get taken advantage of by "their" company. Give us a 2 month advance notice (I've never heard of a 9 day notice=ridiculous.) Give us a newcomer. Give us SOME MOVIES! MAKE IS WORTHWHILE! THIS IS ABSOLUTE S***, and now I remember why I HATE NINTENDO SOMETIMES! Because they delay a game a little over a week before it comes out, and f***s everyone over.

I'll go back to playing my 360. Ya, I just owned Nintendo. Japan can sink for all I care, now. Microsoft isn't blantely blinded by favoritism towards the Americas. Halo 3 was worldwide in a week! A WEEK! NINTENDO sucks, point in case. Now I know why I only like their games, and why I don't have as high respect for them as others. Ya, this is even dumber then when they fired the best of Rare's employees, like the morons they are. If they expect to step on the fanbases like this, they should expect to lose this generation. If Nintendo continuely favors their own people without a care for the rest of their fanbases, they should lose this generation.

I'm going back to my 360, Gears of War, and remember why I was neutral on who I want to win this generation. Now I want Microsoft to win-because they are fair to all their fans, have good online, and have games with actaul replay value out now. And they don't treat the people who made them from the ground up-the fans-like dirt just because of where they live. PWNED!

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I never said I had it worse. I'm just saying anger/sadness is at its best when you were denied of something that made you happy.

it works for the opposite too. you're the happiest when you've endured the worst sadness/anger/whatever.

think of it like the contrast between finding the perfect person and losing the perfect person through death.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I never said I had it worse. I'm just saying anger/sadness is at its best when you were denied of something that made you happy.

it works for the opposite too. you're the happiest when you've endured the worst sadness/anger/whatever.

think of it like the contract between finding the perfect person and losing the perfect person through death.
but don't you believe it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all??

i dont at all, but that cannot be compared to this. This is a video game. NO ONE in the world has ever loved a game that much. And never will. If nintendo never released the game, i'd get over it fast enough. If i lost the perfect love? I might kill myself.

See the difference?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
i dont at all, but that cannot be compared to this. This is a video game. NO ONE in the world has ever loved a game that much. And never will. If nintendo never released the game, i'd get over it fast enough. If i lost the perfect love? I might kill myself.

See the difference?
I'm not saying that the game is as important as a love lost but the ratio of happiness/sadness is comparable.

Fault

Smash Cadet
I'm somehow reminded of Ocarina of Time...

Well, at least I'll have time to play through Duke Nukem Forever! :laugh:

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Argh theres only one good thing about the delay T_T
Our grades will be a bit higher for a little longer XD
But if Sakurai gives some good updates, I wouldnt mind too much..

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Patience is a virtue. People have waited longer for other things than brawl, so we just gotta deal with it and we'll get the greatest game evar!....trust me

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that the game is as important as a love lost but the ratio of happiness/sadness is comparable.
I don't think that is true, really. I think that the happiness would be much higher than the sadness related to brawl, however the happiness (although very high) would not be as high as the sadness of losing the perfect love.

So, no, i completely disagree. Sorry.

EDIT: Not trying to fight or anything, sorry if i'm coming off rude.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo, the new Sony.
Nintendo: A mixture of Superman 64 and Sony! o_O

And OOT was always delaye 6 months or so in advance. This is 19 days in advance, and is ridiculous. Nintendo can go drown after Brawl, as far as I'm concered. Hell, I'm starting a petition for the f*** of it!

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
At least no one can say tonights update was "boring". lol. I do admit that the gap between japan and US release is a little to wide. but so is for the PAL Release.lol. I say they should've just announced a worldwide release...

Kibbles

Smash Rookie
Wow, everyones getting rather annoyed at this (possibly a bit too much), it's only a month... Doesn't affect me much, unless this pushes back PAL release, which even if it did we probably wouldn't know; I'm expecting something like August/September earliest.

Ah well, I'll just carry on waiting for Batallion Wars II on Feb 15

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I think that the happiness would be much higher than the sadness related to brawl,
okay, stop there. this is the only thing I'm referring to. let me try and say it an easier way.

you know how wide the ratio is between being happy you found someone to love and being sad you lost someone you loved?

okay, now let's go to an alternate "universe": Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

you know how wide the ratio is between being happy the release date is finally near and being sad that it's delayed despite how close it was?

get what I'm saying now?

Darkfroggy

Smash Rookie
The better Gief something nice in return , but its pretty fu**** up to live in Europe always the PAL version that comes out.. takes so long but. i wont check the website any longer i just wait till release and everything will be new and cool for me ;) gl guys

btw first post for me ( and last one lol )

Give us some nice new character like falco , crystal , c falcon ;) but if the add PACMAN pffffff

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'm somehow reminded of Ocarina of Time...

Well, at least I'll have time to play through Duke Nukem Forever! :laugh:
HAHA! the videos coming......right.......RIGHT?!?

hahaa I love this guys comment hes the only happy person here XD

I can't help but feel like this is all my fault, I just found out that my girlfriends school dance was on febuary 9th, so I prayed to god for them to push the release date back just one more week so I could enjoy the spoils of brawl, I didn't want it to be pushed back a WHOLE month for america, but i guess my wish did come true, it will be pushed a week in japan XD sorry smashers! Maybe Geno or toad will be a playable character now!

Okay I'll blame you *readies the shotgun*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo, the new Sony.
Wow, everyones getting rather annoyed at this (possibly a bit too much), it's only a month... Doesn't affect me much, unless this pushes back PAL release, which even if it did we probably wouldn't know; I'm expecting something like August/September earliest.

Ah well, I'll just carry on waiting for Batallion Wars II on Feb 15
This will pus the European and Australian release date back most likely. I can guarentee it almost. Because Nintendo is Japan-based, and doesn't care about us, so ya. ;)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess i know why it was delayed, it's quite simple actually. There are 2 viable teories. One, Lord Vader was added, and since he can KO anyone with Force Push thei had to delay the game to balance it, the second one, is that Nintendo Whant's to add Duke Nukem as a PC, but thei can't add him, until Duke Nukem Forever is released.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Wow harsh but not as harsh as living in europe, i mean we dont even have a release date yet we only have an estimate.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wow harsh but not as harsh as living in europe, i mean we dont even have a release date yet we only have an estimate.
Wich is better, i mean, imagine if i told you that i'm going to give you Brawl next Saturday, and on Friday i tell you i was lying.

It's quite diferent.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
- -|| Sakurai how could you do this to me, after all my patience.
Geez I was wondering how I would survive until Feb.10th. . .now. . .
I hope that this delay will better the game, I know you PAL players have got it worse than us, I used to live in Oceania so I know full well but like he said,
Originally Posted by Shuma:
...imagine if i told you that i'm going to give you Brawl next Saturday, and on Friday i tell you i was lying...
I can imagine Sakurai and his team having some huge lulz watching this thread - -
*sigh* Isaac, Geno, Megaman for Brawl. . .x x||

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Wich is better, i mean, imagine if i told you that i'm going to give you Brawl next Saturday, and on Friday i tell you i was lying.

It's quite diferent.
I really cannot believe NTSCers reacting this way.

ALL PAL REGION PLAYERS WOULD RATHER BE IN YOUR POSITION.

I would much rather deal with a delay like this. Heck, i would still rather it if they delayed THE DAY BEFORE RELEASE. Because, after a few anger sessions and toilet papering nintendo HQ, i'm back and ready to play brawl very soon.

Seriously, if i hear one more person saying PAL have it better, then i CHALLENGE them not to buy or play the game until it is released in Europe.

Seem unfair? Really?

Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pft, i don't even care for the delay, i actually welcome the delay, since it means i can just buy Devil May Cry 4 the day it comes out.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Seriously, if i hear one more person saying PAL have it better, then i CHALLENGE them not to buy or play the game until it is released in Europe.
it's not the same thing.

I'm not saying we don't have it better because we do; but we're ultimately going to feel the lowest point of sadness in most cases.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
WTH!?!?!?!!? When it said that it was delayed to Feb 10 i was fine with it because i wanyedn to them to make it perfect...but this is just Bull$#!t! adding another month WTH SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!! >.<***********

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't even think this game will have any worthwhile updates anytime soon. I'm debating not even staying up for the dojo updates. This is not just stupid-it's clear fanbase hate. It's as clear as day they favor Japan TO EXTREMES, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. And if I hear "it's only a month" one more time, I might just punch someone. The only game coming out that is good between now and Brawl is DMC4. O well, might as well turn from Nintendo. I guess this just proves Sony and Microsoft are far better companies. Screw you Nintendo, and make some games with replay value for once. You know, the kinds with more then 100 hours of game into them. Ya, because I know Microsoft won't screw me over, lol! 6th time I've been screwed over by Nintendo since E3 2006...good times. Ya right.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Patience is a virtue. People have waited longer for other things than brawl, so we just gotta deal with it and we'll get the greatest game evar!....trust me
It's not like I have no patience, however, we were expecting brawl shortly. It's like someone promised something for you in two days, however the day before they said you would get it in a week. It's just a disheartening feeling that when you get exited for something that you are promised and then you have it taken away only to get it later.

I think that is the main reason everyone here is so pissed, we were expecting so much new information shortly and then the game it self, but then it find the info will be later, and the game will be further out than before.

However I understand why the game is being pushed back (if it is the real reason), and Brawl can only become better becouse of it.

Wow, you guys are acting very immature about this. Have you ever considered the production issues involving optical disc production? Have you considered the Wii shortages in the United States? The copies of the game probably don't meet retailers demands, thus causing a production increase to meet economic demand. Perhaps they only had enough to meet Japanese demand. Nintendo wouldn't delay this game for no reason. View it from a economical perspective and quit whining. Even if Nintendo is biased to an extent, you can't do anything but wait.

Besides, this gives me more time to enjoy melee tournaments.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
After this, I probably will never read a smash update again maybe unless someone tells me its coming out in Europe earlier, i think I'll mind my own business since promises cannot be kept. Nintendo already knew about optical disc production? or meeting retailers demands? Nintendo aren't idiots they knew all this stuff before making two false release dates......its disappointing.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
i dont understand why nintendo would have to increase the ntsc version so long...localization should be well almost done.....if japans is delayed a mere week what is it that would make the ntsc a delayed a full month?

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you guys are acting very immature about this. Have you ever considered the production issues involving optical disc production? Have you considered the Wii shortages in the United States? The copies of the game probably don't meet retailers demands, thus causing a production increase to meet economic demand. Perhaps they only had enough to meet Japanese demand. Nintendo wouldn't delay this game for no reason. View it from a economical perspective and quit whining. Even if Nintendo is biased to an extent, you can't do anything but wait.
True, I'm still searching for a Wii myself, with no luck at all.
However this is the 2nd delay, and this problem would most likely have been remedied since the 1st delay.
Disappointment is natural in this situation, but I'm sure that everyone knows that when it actually is released, this will be soon forgotten.
Besides, this gives me more time to enjoy melee tournaments.
Good point. ^ ^

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
It loses your faith in nintendo, I wonder how many times Mario kart wii is going to be delayed when they say it should be coming out.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I really cannot believe NTSCers reacting this way.

ALL PAL REGION PLAYERS WOULD RATHER BE IN YOUR POSITION.

I would much rather deal with a delay like this. Heck, i would still rather it if they delayed THE DAY BEFORE RELEASE. Because, after a few anger sessions and toilet papering nintendo HQ, i'm back and ready to play brawl very soon.

Seem unfair? Really?

Quit feeling sorry for yourself.
You win. Congrats.

Seriously, you NTSCers will never feel the pain we gotta endure <<

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
It loses your faith in nintendo, I wonder how many times Mario kart wii is going to be delayed when they say it should be coming out.
Yeah tell me about it.
I don't even want to think about how long thats gonna take XD

Top Bottom