• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers
I knew I was right.

if NOA truly believes they need to advertise, they need to be fired, beaten up, most of them die from the injuries, and the rest ground up into a fine pink powder.
Otherwise, it's a bunch of ****.
How guilty of a Profit based company...:psycho:

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
An even longer wait might be ultimately what has got me disappointed, but there's another blink of bother that rests inside this pearl of opaque bummer-osity: I can't help but feel just a bit down knowing that the retailers were informed of the delay so much earlier than us. I'm all for advanced knowledge to the guys who are shipping stuff out, but hell, we as the fans still haven't been officially informed of squat!

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not that bad, it's only a 1 month delay. It could've been worse and we could've gotten a 6-7 month delay like GTA IV got :dizzy:. Looks like I'll have time to replay all GTA games after all :)

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
words cannot express my fury. I'm litterally never on this site, but I knew I needed to come here to ***** about this. I'm so angry. First it was a release title, then it was 12/3, then it was ****ing february 10th, NOW MARCH 10TH? WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO, WHAT THE HELL

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl will be launched Dec. 3!"
I could've waited...

"Sorry, but Brawl will be delayed until Feb. 20..."
Could you at least put a playable demo in a retail store? Nope, didn't do it...

"Brawl will be pushed back to March 9, thank you for your patience..."
BRAWL DEMO ON WII SHOP CHANNEL. NOW.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Some of you are saying...
"Man, this sucks so bad, Nintendo lost a fanboy"

Are you forgetting why you are a fanboy in the first place?

Because Nintendo makes quality gaming material.
That you will remember forever.

Just because you are shamed of waiting ONE month longer then you could've, doesn't give you the right to blast Nintendo for THEIR decision.

Whatever happened to the topics talking about how great the game will be?
Now all I see is "why bother.."

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
That's it I'm getting me a japanese wii for Brawl!

Well maybe not but I'm sure as hell tempted to.

Maybe they'll release Smash 64 on the VC that'd makes things all better. :)

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
Would everyone STOP moaning, at least you got the date for your release... E.U., U.K. and Australia STILL dont have a release date. Now EVERYONE STOP THE WINGEING!!! You can wait longer, maybe they are trying to PAL it now and also would you want the game almost perfected with glitches like Sonic 2006? I think not! You wait! U.S.A. STOP acting like some big baby who has had their dummy taken away! Geez you look so stupid crying about it.
I'm in the US and I agree with this guy. Seriously you can wait a little more. Time will make it better for whatever reason.
Your patience will pay off.

J18

Smash Journeyman
wow...i gotta say i'm pretty upset. i think it's getting a little ridiculous though. it wouldn't be as bad if they had given a decent reason, or a reason at all, however stupid, it would have been something

Marie_54

Smash Ace
OK I NEED TO SAY THIS because i;m PISSED

the following is the supposed reason brawl is being delayed:

"Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales. Another factor in the placement of the American delay is to give this part of the year stronger profit. My source had no details on this matter. The Japanese numbers are fine and the week delay is for a shortage of copies made. The game is finished in Japan in in full. NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers. So in short, we simply will have to wait another extra month for Brawl , unless u want it half English/ half Japanese."

if this is true i just wanna say how utterly ridiculous this is. NOA has had plenty of time to advertise for this game and plenty of time to localize it. they do very little in the whole machine that is making a game like this. compared to NOJ they;ve got a very small work load on their plate. and also THIS IS THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAME EVER. I have never seen more hype over one game in my entire life of gaming. EVER. this game is gonna sell like crazy when it comes out.

we don't need MAGAZINE ads...because gamers who read gaming magzines already know about BRAWL! just put up a couple of TV commercials to pull in some noobs because frankly noobs watch the tube....they dont; read game informer or nintendo power.

AND There is no reason to generate so much advertising before the game comes out. ACTUALLY it would be ideal if they advertise a few weeks after so that the fans (US!!) ,that have made this game as important as it is today, can get our hands on the game before the mass of noobs rip it off the shelves and make it hard to find. so if they are planning on this they better print up like 6 million copies right now . because it would be a MASSIVE DISSERVICE to us loyal fans to delay the game just to sell to casual gamers and leave some of us bereft of it for who knows how long.

we've been waiting for over a year...checking updates...talking ...speculating...growing as a community. WE WANT THIS GAME AND WE DESERVE THE GAME

noobs can wait

so i just really hope this isn;t there goal...because it;s f*cking stupid---the game will sell...and it will outsell every other wii game once it gains some momentum

i;m tired of party games...i;m tired of nintendo gimmicks....i;m tired of even grandma being able to play wii because of how user friendly it is

i bought my wii for smash and nothing else

i want smash...and this delay is horse sh*t
quote for epicness! I am very amazed at your eloquent ranting! I'm soo pissed off that i can only write n00bish crap about nintendo like **** Nintendo. My brain is too angry to function properly.

Ooh Murder is such a beautiful word! :D

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Some of you are saying...
"Man, this sucks so bad, Nintendo lost a fanboy"

Are you forgetting why you are a fanboy in the first place?

Because Nintendo makes quality gaming material.
That you will remember forever.

Just because you are shamed of waiting ONE month longer then you could've, doesn't give you the right to blast Nintendo for THEIR decision.

Whatever happened to the topics talking about how great the game will be?
Now all I see is "why bother.."
As soon as I was loosing hope on the intelligence of people you came here and shed light, Yes, It's just one month, besides, only 10% of the fun comes from unlocking, This is a ****ed 4 Player game, the best thing will be playing with 4 friends for hours.

Desert Sushi

Smash Rookie
You know, for me it's not even about having to wait an extra month. Yeah that irks me but it's not the core problem for me. For me it's the fact that Nintendo has failed to stick to their public announcements as a company. There are hardly any places in life where you can make a commitment that you have such little dedication to. Tell us the correct date the first time around, **** is it that hard? One time I can understand, but twice is just irresponsible.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
SAKURAIII ISSS GAY!!!! EVERY BLOODY CHARACTER FROM MELLEEE AND 64 HAVE TO BE IN THE GAME NOW OR ELSEE...SAKURAI IF YOU EVER READ THIS POST.... GO BANG URSELF WITH AN IRON POLE WITH ALL UR NINTENDO FANS CUZ U JUST LOS SOO MANY TODAY THAT I DONT THINK BRAWL WILL SELL AS MUCH ....whoever is your sales advisor...shoot him right now.... just speaking out of anger ppl i no u feel da same way so dont go posting how im an *** n waiting is not much because that is total BS they have been lying to us from day 1 i'velost all faith in my wii n brawl......screw sakurai..

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
SAKURAIII ISSS GAY!!!! EVERY BLOODY CHARACTER FROM MELLEEE AND 64 HAVE TO BE IN THE GAME NOW OR ELSEE...
Woah woah woah. You're mad about a delay and now you want EVERYONE in the game? That'd result in a longer delay. Great logic.

overthere

Smash Cadet
Waah, everyone cry and moan.

Seriously, to get this upset over a video game, albeit the best video game in existence, is pretty pathetic.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
You guys should be paitent. All of you are all like crap that's pathetic. Me and a lot of others have to wait longer.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
But... Did we expect anything less from Nintendo?

This delay was coming... I had a bad feeling about it...

Watch them pull a Zelda and have Super Smash Bros. Brawl have a new "controller specific" game for their next console and a "classic control" version for the Wii.

Just watch.

Also, if Mega Man doesn't get in now, Masahiro Sakurai had best sleep with one eye open.

MoneyMac

Smash Rookie
Vacaville, CA, near -----(sacramento) AIM= ice5p
i say let them have their release date 1 month before us, ill still woop em, u kno they do the delay to better themselves, its obvious to everyone, all we got to do is just play 24 hours straight and own their ashes, problem solved, it wont be a problem for me, BUT WHAT IS A PROBLEM IS THEM RUINING THE SUPRISES,i aint goin online till i unlocked all the char. so let them get their month or wut ever cus they need it

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
who cares what you think, America's whining and we dont even have a release date. thats immature unless america would like to swap place with us then be my guest.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Your being immature right now, "who cares what you think?"

Well no one cares what you think either... <_<

And I was favouring you ya know.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lol sorry dude im just Enraged at so many people Complaing that theres been a delay when we have no exact release date. And some people are saying that i should stop complaining well i dare some of them to not play brawl until Europe get theirs

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
I TAKE back almost everything i said about sakurai being an *** about the delay but the lying to us part stil stands but SHIEK IS IN BRAWL !!!!! with al her special moves....sweet.

Top Bottom