• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

poklin

Smash Apprentice
i have a Q tho why auto l cancel... if there is no risk involved what so ever why not just make it auto s cancel?

kupo15

Smash Hero
THIS WORKS (thanks giza for fixing it)

Auto L-Cancel: (Phantom wings)
80000000 80623320
80000001 00000000
60000006 00000000
60000003 00000001
4A001000 00000000
4A101001 00000000
36000000 00000032
58010000 00000004
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000060
DE000000 80008180
92210002 0000007C
92210003 00000014
58010000 000000C4
92210004 00000010
4A000000 805A0100
92210005 00000000
88A00004 00000005
4A001002 00000000
30000036 00000018
4A001003 00000000
92210005 00000040
88900005 00000004
94210005 00000040
E2000001 00000000
80100001 00000008
62000000 00000001
E200000F 00000000
80000001 00000000
80100000 00000244
62000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Oracle

Smash Master
In response to leafgreen: We would put in manual because it makes the game more technical and competitive.
In response to that other guy: I'm all for s canceling.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
ive never seen anyone ask this and idk why some one has to hate it as much as me, but do you think its possible to make a no footstool jump code? that imo would be more epic than anything lmao.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible for any of these to work on non US versions yet? Also where do you place the code to activate the hack?. sorry for noob questions xD

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Okay I just hosted a small tourney with Brawl+ (S Cancel, MAD, hitstun 1.3, gravity 1.2x)

It ran great. lolz an auto l cancel code came out while i was out.
I think auto l cancel should be used in combination with manual S Cancel, this way there is still some gain from actually using the shield button.

It may make all the chars over powering but hey at least they're equal.

The hitstun 1.3 works very well imo. It gets a little extreme when using DK's dair, the new pillar i **** u not(when S Canceling).

The matches were obviously faster and it was by far more fun to play (obviously.)

We need to start setting standards for Brawl+ when we get all the codes we need.

No footstool would be amazing....

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Kyd, you need to get hitstun4. It's out of this world fantastic. Exactly what everyone was hoping for.

I'm not sold on the gravity codes until we start to get a semblance of where characters start to shift to on the tier list. Not to say that I'm actively trying to improve his station at the expense of others, but it'd suck to actually weaken Sonic (for example) using the new mechanics and then gimp his recovery with the higher gravity.

No trip, MAD, s-cancel, hitstun, and the pokemon codes are what I'm typically running lately.

Edit: I like the idea of using both half-lag and s-canceling. Ridiculous speed up. Too good. We might not need a shieldstun code.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to reduce lag time after grabbing the ledge? I noticed in melee you could let go of the edge frames after you grabbed it. Also reduce invulnerability time on ledge mabey? and re-spawn time invulnerability is a touch to long imo.

Anyway I don’t have much of an idea. I know I sound like a random noob. I’m just really interested in the type of game play brawl could get from moding.

storm92

Smash Ace
It would be possible but not all too needed.
I think getting rid of edge snapping is more necessary, so edgeguarding becomes a bigger part of the game.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
I think getting rid of edge snapping is more necessary, so edgeguarding becomes a bigger part of the game.
I agree edge snapping makes the game more shallow. Taking edge snapping away will make MK for example actually have to position there self for a s-loop instead of pressing UP+B at will and grabbing edge

Edit: You would have to be careful tho that it didn't buff characters like snake and dedede.. and nerf characters like fox and falco. If there was to be a no edge snapping hack, they would also need to put the old melee walls/edges back in on stages like FD. Imagine on FD trying to recover with firefox and you are underneath the edge, in brawl you just aim at the ledge and in grabs, you can’t aim back towards the stage because you will get stuck on that dam wall below the ledge. But if there was no edge snapping it wouldn’t grab you would just fly past it and fall to your death if you had to aim up and outwards away from the stage that is.

Putting the old smooth slippery melee walls back in you could just aim back towards the stage and slide up the wall and over the edge landing back on the stage. Just like in melee when characters like marth falco and fox did their up-b while underneath the ledge on FD, they slid up the wall, they didn’t get stuck on the gay part underneath the ledge lol

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
in regards to edge snapping, i think it might be a character to character thing. for example: wolf. for some reason wolf can hardly grab the as well as other characters. perhaps there's a parameter that does this.

kupo15

Smash Hero
im afraid tethers will be screwed..but idk

I would love a code that turns off that gay *** music in the results screen. Keep it like melee...

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
in regards to edge snapping, i think it might be a character to character thing. for example: wolf. for some reason wolf can hardly grab the as well as other characters. perhaps there's a parameter that does this.
Characters like Luigi and Ness have more edge grab range than characters like falco and wolf. I think it's usally the more floaty characters have the longer edge grab range.

I would love a code that turns off that gay *** music in the results screen. Keep it like melee...
Lol cmon who listens to the game music invest in a cd player and some decent speakers, unless you really feel as tho the game music makes you player better or something lol xD

Edit: when the ice climbers win the musics good lol

aho43

Smash Lord
i dont have a problem with footstool jump, i just dislike when youre in your shield and someone is right in front of you and you jump out of shield it makes you footstool jump when you just want to sh aerial + punish something. making it so you can't footstool people on the ground would be good.

Revven

FrankerZ
Someone made a no footstool code for JPN Brawl. I don't think it ever got ported though and I'm sure if you asked PW to port it, he would.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Lol cmon who listens to the game music invest in a cd player and some decent speakers, unless you really feel as tho the game music makes you player better or something lol xD
No. Im talking about after the game is over and you see who wins. Sometimes that thing loops 15 times before someone does anything. That "victory music" is quite annoying.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Not to say that I'm actively trying to improve his station at the expense of others, but it'd suck to actually weaken Sonic (for example) using the new mechanics and then gimp his recovery with the higher gravity.
Sonic's recovery is beastly, even with gravity 1.2x. The only problem I've noticed is the fact that he won't grab the ledge if he barely reaches it due to him being in his upb animation, but having MAD on and air dodging at the ledge fixes that.

We might not need a shieldstun code.
Yes shield stun is still needed. If we do get that then S Canceling might take more tech skill (from what I noticed, if you know the timing for it the shield doesn't actually appear). We still need to have the ability to shield pressure and shield stun would allow it.

Kyd, you need to get hitstun4. It's out of this world fantastic. Exactly what everyone was hoping for.
Where do I find said code?

I think getting rid of edge snapping is more necessary, so edgeguarding becomes a bigger part of the game
Yes, but seeing as moves like Sonic's upB don't trigger the auto ledge grab, there may need to be individdual codes per character to make this idea possible. I like the idea but if it requires this much work then we shouldn't do it right now.

Also....
Kirby with hitstun on is a BEAST. His air game jumps dramatically and he can practically wall of pain you.
D3's S Cancel Dair into grab is insane.
DK's S Cancel Dair is chainable, I tested it against human players. The new pillar combo if hitstun is high enough.
Wolf's Fair is useful now, due to the S Cancel and histun using it at low damage can result as a combo starter.
Marth honestly doesn't feel much different at all, unless you short hop S Cancel Dair with him. Everything else seems the same.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
i dont have a problem with footstool jump, i just dislike when youre in your shield and someone is right in front of you and you jump out of shield it makes you footstool jump when you just want to sh aerial + punish something. making it so you can't footstool people on the ground would be good.
After we get all the more important codes out of the way we might want to think about ways of dealing with this. I'm not sure I want to entirely get rid of the function but perhaps change it so it makes the opponent trip and lose a bit of shield or something along those lines.

Yes shield stun is still needed. If we do get that then S Canceling might take more tech skill (from what I noticed, if you know the timing for it the shield doesn't actually appear). We still need to have the ability to shield pressure and shield stun would allow it.
I think that we should probably consider getting rid of S-canceling when a shieldstun code is released. Right now S-cancel is mainly just countering the lack of hitstun. The combos coming from it are just a side effect and personally I think some characters gain a little too much for it and it should probably have some sort of cost if we are going to keep it.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
After we get all the more important codes out of the way we might want to think about ways of dealing with this. I'm not sure I want to entirely get rid of the function but perhaps change it so it makes the opponent trip and lose a bit of shield or something along those lines.

I think that we should probably consider getting rid of S-canceling when a shieldstun code is released. Right now S-cancel is mainly just countering the lack of hitstun. The combos coming from it are just a side effect and personally I think some characters gain a little too much for it and it should probably have some sort of cost if we are going to keep it.
I don't see that we need to deal with footstooling at all. There's actually some cool setups that come out of it, though they haven't caught on as popular strategies yet. And I'm willing to bet that with the more aggressive Brawl+, there will be a lot more opportunities to footstool, both as a combo link and an out-of-shield option against rush-downs. Buffing it might be doing more than is needed, and taking it out wouldn't be a significant change (remember that Brawl+ is out of necessity). Having said that, I'm not opposed to doing some cool things with it for fun!

As for S-canceling, are you guys checking out the auto L-cancel? It's a good compromise for the people who have been favoring S...

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Yes S Cancel makes it almost impossible to punish someone, I like it though. If we do get a shield stun code S Cancel might go out the window especially with the auto L cancel being out now.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
With the Gravity modifier, I used that website and in Float number I put 1.2 and clicked on "not rounded" and at the bottom I get 3FF333333333 (Give or take a few 3s) Is that what I put in place of the X's on all the code?
nvm

Oh wait, do I use rounded or not rounded, because one gives me 3F99999A and one gives me 3F999999

SGX

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'd like to see a code for, that has bothered me since release:

Almost every attack sends you flying vertically. I don't think a simple gravity change would fix this. I don't even know if it would be possible to fix this, but I never understood why attacks that should send you flying completely horizontally have you flying at a 50-60 degree angle.

It would be really nice if we could actually juggle from d-throws and use u-throws to toss people onto platforms instead of 50 feet in the air.

Just sayin...

Other than that, I'm really loving auto l-cancel and hitstun 2.0.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Foot stool should stay.

Not my fault if you screwed up your spacing and end up FSJing someone on the ground >.>

It's my fault if I end up FSJing when I dont want to though =P

kupo15

Smash Hero
im against gravity modes also. But i think a neat code would be to increase the SJR window. That can be your "tech skill" you want to achieve 0 lag

poklin

Smash Apprentice
Fsj is so ******** is amazing when 2 people are trying to recover and some one accidentally kills me at like 50 % is just lame.

kupo15

Smash Hero
SHIELD STUN HELP:

Ok, so Im going to PM PW about making a shield stun but aspect should he look into? I dont want to PM him a dozen times because we told him to search for the wrong thing.

My thoughts:

Like hitstun, there is shield stun, but its really minimal (like 0.0000000000000000001)
Do you think it will be similar as to just disable the shield drop, jumping, and grabbing while in stun?

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I don't like all-encompassing gravity mods either. I'm specifically referring to the trajectory in which you fly when you get hit.

Top Bottom